Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:28 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Looking at his post, Rogue doesn't seem too involved right now.

FoS: Rogue Shenanigans

Do you have anything to say, especially about Doktor Per, that you can put in more than one sentence per paragraph?
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:52 am

Post by thinktank »

Doktor Per wrote:I'm here to have a good time, not serious business, so if I go pointing scum finger on the first day (which I did twice or three times before, please note) I am most likely not being serious, especially if it's because some dude is overreaction about an assumption based on the ideal ratio. I'd like to win the game, but that should come secondary to good time. I fucked up, blew up too loudly and now the Dcorbe guy is driving me down the street, furious as a demon prince in hell.

I apply a formula to everything, making assumptions about safe things is generally a good thing. Seeing as I seem to be walking up to the gallows I do hope you note Dcorbe's actions better when I flip.
Mm...so by what you're saying your OMGUS was a joke?

You seem to be rather defensive for no reason and that's the real reason of why I'm suspicious of you. Making claims when you have one or two votes on you is quite suspicious because why would you claim when theres no pressure to? Your argument as to why you claimed doesn't really add up.

I'm not really sure what to make of this yet because there are some very scummy auras coming of Doktor but his behaviour seems erratic so I want to be cautious and wait a little more for further evidence.

FoS: Doktor
I'll settle for the FoS for now considering how early it is in the game; only about post 76.

On that note, whats the vote count like right now?
Armlx: What has he done to make you think he's scum.
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

Oman: This is known as "doing a thinktank".
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:04 am

Post by Cephrir »

This whole debate is a series of overreactions by dcorbe and DP, but DP has committed some legitimate scumtells, mostly with the unneeded claim COMPLETELY out of left field. Hm... I think I'll leave my vote out of it for now. This definitely gives me some stuff to think about, and in the event that DP ever comes up in mind, I have two players in mind who would be likely scumpartners. A lot of players are giving me weird vibes at the moment in addition to the two I have in mind. Also, StrangerCoug, your most recent post is relatively hypocritical.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Doktor Per
Doktor Per
Goon
Doktor Per
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:05 am

Post by Doktor Per »

Yes my OMGUS was a joke, though I'm not changing it as I find him either suspicious or too quick to jump to conclusions which doesn't help anyone, I'm not expecting Mafia to be busted on day one. I'll vote for you if that makes you feel more comfortable though.

I don't blame you for finding me scummy, hindsight is 20/20, but I do ask that you take posting history into account.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:17 am

Post by farside22 »

You would think 12 people chosen for starting a new colony could be more civilized.

Vote count:

Rogue 2 vote: (Gatekeeper, OGML)
Sibelius 1 vote: (Thinktank)
Gatekeeper 1 vote: (Rogue)
dcorbe 1 vote: (Doktor Per)
Doktor Per 2 vote: (dcorbe, strangerCoug)

Not voting:

Greasy Spot
Sibelius
IcemanE
Cephrir
Light-Kun
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:24 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Cephrir wrote:Also, StrangerCoug, your most recent post is relatively hypocritical.
Sorry if it comes off as that.
Doktor Per wrote:I don't blame you for finding me scummy, hindsight is 20/20, but I do ask that you take posting history into account.
Please don't tell me that you've decided you're scum once again. If we can't deduce what you are because of conflicting posts, we automatically assume scum, so unless we've made an ass out of you and me I suggest you explain your shuffling around as to what exactly you are.

Gatekeeper
Gatekeeper
Townie
Gatekeeper
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:53 am

Post by Gatekeeper »

Unvote. VOTE: Doktor Per
for the reason of having conflicting posts that say he is town and scum.

I say we just get rid of him. If he is scum then its good. if he is town then it probably will help us get somewhere instead of fighting about if his posts say he is town or not. As of now it seems like a win-win thing if we just vote for him. Unless he does something to make us think other wise that is.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:04 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Little note so that I dont get called out later for not mentioning it-- if Per is scum, the two partners I mentioned are icemanE and StrangerCoug.

In other news,
FoS: Gatekeeper
for expressing willingness to lynch a townie.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Gatekeeper
Gatekeeper
Townie
Gatekeeper
Townie
Townie

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:24 pm

Post by Gatekeeper »

He claims townie, yet his posts (such as the roleclaim and the quick defenses at a low lynch number) gives off scum vibes.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:21 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Cephrir wrote:Little note so that I dont get called out later for not mentioning it-- if Per is scum, the two partners I mentioned are icemanE and StrangerCoug.
Why icemanE?

Rogue Shenanigans
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:26 pm

Post by Rogue Shenanigans »

Doktor Per is distracting at absolute best... I would not object to his lynch. It may just be his playstyle... have not had the pleasure of his company in a game before... might have a look at his other games tomorrow.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Gatekeeper wrote:He claims townie, yet his posts (such as the roleclaim and the quick defenses at a low lynch number) gives off scum vibes.
No, I mean, you suggested that lynching him would be OK even if he were town.
StrangerCoug wrote:Why icemanE?
For completely dismissing the early claim? It's not a big thing, just something I want to remember.
icemanE wrote:Yes, the claim seems very off to me, unnecessary of course, but perhaps this is his playstyle.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Gatekeeper
Gatekeeper
Townie
Gatekeeper
Townie
Townie

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:39 pm

Post by Gatekeeper »

Cephrir wrote:No, I mean, you suggested that lynching him would be OK even if he were town.
He has been the main point of debate. (aside from points here and there) He says he is for fun and yet that we are taking it to serious, but that is part of the game. In the end he basicly claimed to not have any power.If he had any power that would make him a target for a nightkill, and I don't think if he had a power-role he wouldn't roleclaim.

Basicly what I was trying to say is as of now he seems like is a affordable loss even if he is a townie. (not saying we should just get rid of the town as numbers do help us.)
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:42 pm

Post by dcorbe »

Gatekeeper wrote:
Cephrir wrote:No, I mean, you suggested that lynching him would be OK even if he were town.
He has been the main point of debate. (aside from points here and there) He says he is for fun and yet that we are taking it to serious, but that is part of the game. In the end he basicly claimed to not have any power.If he had any power that would make him a target for a nightkill, and I don't think if he had a power-role he wouldn't roleclaim.

Basicly what I was trying to say is as of now he seems like is a affordable loss even if he is a townie. (not saying we should just get rid of the town as numbers do help us.)
This debate is pointless. You guys are acting like he's anywhere near lynch right now.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:30 pm

Post by icemanE »

In the end what Gatekeeper is saying DOES make sense - thinning out the ranks and reducing risk percentages by lynching DOES help the town. Additionally, Dok has been scummy enough to warrant a lynch, and if he will continue to be a distraction, as Gate says, it's win-win.

I'm not sure how I'm tied to Dok, if he turns up scum, Cephir. I think his chance of being scum is equal to the chance that he has a very strange idea about how mafia works - that somehow you aren't supposed to lynch because it isn't fun. Dok, that's how the game works man.

vote: Dok
Doktor Per
Doktor Per
Goon
Doktor Per
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:30 pm

Post by Doktor Per »

I never did claim Mafia, all I did say was that I could've been more careful with my words, seeing as everyone goes off their hook at the word SCUM.

Jeebuz.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:33 pm

Post by icemanE »

Also, yeah, I still don't understand the "breadcrumbing". Most often people breadcrumb when they're a protown power role as a way of trying to reveal info without claiming. I don't see how it would be at all advantageous to breadcrumb as scum, so I don't buy that part of the argument.
Gatekeeper
Gatekeeper
Townie
Gatekeeper
Townie
Townie

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:49 pm

Post by Gatekeeper »

Doktor Per wrote:I never did claim Mafia, all I did say was that I could've been more careful with my words, seeing as everyone goes off their hook at the word SCUM.

Jeebuz.
The mafia are the ones who need to choose their words carefully the most. The town really doesn't need to think all that much about their words, unless it is something really stupid that attracts attendtion to themselves instead.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:05 pm

Post by dcorbe »

icemanE wrote:Also, yeah, I still don't understand the "breadcrumbing". Most often people breadcrumb when they're a protown power role as a way of trying to reveal info without claiming. I don't see how it would be at all advantageous to breadcrumb as scum, so I don't buy that part of the argument.
It's not advantageous to breadcrum as scum and that's sort of the point.

Whether it's a weak tell or a strong tell is also an irrelevant point. The point of the vote was to try and get a pressure wagon going on him and it worked because now he's dropping scum tells.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:14 pm

Post by icemanE »

dcorbe wrote:
icemanE wrote:Also, yeah, I still don't understand the "breadcrumbing". Most often people breadcrumb when they're a protown power role as a way of trying to reveal info without claiming. I don't see how it would be at all advantageous to breadcrumb as scum, so I don't buy that part of the argument.
It's not advantageous to breadcrum as scum and that's sort of the point.

Whether it's a weak tell or a strong tell is also an irrelevant point. The point of the vote was to try and get a pressure wagon going on him and it worked because now he's dropping scum tells.
True.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:53 pm

Post by Light-kun »

My only real concern is that Dok is actually breadcruming that he is a power role, and he is using this seemingly pointless argument in order to distract the mafia. However, his behavior is still highly suspect and will need further review.

So, I am not going to vote just yet, I will wait until I hear the towns thoughts on this possibility.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:37 am

Post by Cephrir »

icemanE wrote:I'm not sure how I'm tied to Dok, if he turns up scum, Cephir. I think his chance of being scum is equal to the chance that he has a very strange idea about how mafia works - that somehow you aren't supposed to lynch because it isn't fun. Dok, that's how the game works man.
Mm. My other suspect is a stronger link.
Gatekeeper wrote:He has been the main point of debate. (aside from points here and there) He says he is for fun and yet that we are taking it to serious, but that is part of the game. In the end he basicly claimed to not have any power.If he had any power that would make him a target for a nightkill, and I don't think if he had a power-role he wouldn't roleclaim.
Lynching townies is never good. I don't care how useful it is. If you actually think he's scum, that's a different story, but I don't think you do. Well, now I know where I'll go with my suspicions if DP isn't scum; your attitude suggests to me that you know he's town.
Light-kun wrote:My only real concern is that Dok is actually breadcruming that he is a power role, and he is using this seemingly pointless argument in order to distract the mafia. However, his behavior is still highly suspect and will need further review.
How could he be breadcrumbing a power role... he's already claimed vanilla.
Bartleby the Scrivener
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:13 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Cephrir wrote:How could he be breadcrumbing a power role... he's already claimed vanilla.
He was accused of the power role bit before he claimed vanilla.
Doktor Per wrote:I never did claim Mafia, all I did say was that I could've been more careful with my words, seeing as everyone goes off their hook at the word SCUM.
We're not saying you claimed Mafia. We're saying that you claimed town after breadcrumbing Mafia and (according to dcorbe—I wouldn't have caught it) soft-claiming a power role. Remember that I officially voted you for OMGUS voting dcorbe, but that's not the only reason why you're suspicious to me.

Give me three good reasons why you shouldn't be lynched for posts 42 and 47.

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:27 am

Post by Cephrir »

SC wrote:after breadcrumbing Mafia
Except that nobody would ever do that. We really need a better word for this. It's more of a slip-up, though whether that even was a slip-up is arguable.
Bartleby the Scrivener
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:29 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

unvote, vote: strangercoug

Give me three good reasons why you shouldn't be lynched for setting dokter per up to fail in 97.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”