Mini 610: Ace Attorney Mafia - Game Over!!

SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:39 pm

Post by SlySly »

Mirth wrote: Glad you think so (bout the past, I mean.)
Each game is its own entity. I sure wish I could start that other one again! I have visited Yoda many times since then.
Mirth wrote: But I disagree with you about focusing on the defendant alone.
Well, I am not excluding anything as far as what I am paying attention to. I think it just makes the most sense to put the initial heat on the defendant. However, it appears we may have no choice but to look elsewhere as it is beginning to appear that BG may not be around to talk at the moment.
Mirth wrote: Only way to truly confirm someone innocent is to kill them, so we can't really decide if the defendant is innocent.
Well, obviously, we don't get the advantage of killing the defendant to find out whether they are guilty or innocent to help us in our lynching process. However, pressure and questioning can create all kinds of things to process and could possibly help shed some light on the situation.
Mirth wrote: After all, we don't know why she's the defendant and not someone else.
In 205, Gorrad sure seemed to infer that he knows more about this than the rest of us. I realize that you have already asked him about this and he has yet to answer and that this quote of yours is most likely some of your beloved baiting of the hook. :) I am looking forward to his answer as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Natirasha wrote: Oh, trying to slip something past me, huh?
I don't really call posting something for public consumption as trying to slip something by someone.
Natirasha wrote: Listen here, I love Phoenix Wright, it's one of my favorite series.
That may be so, but reading your posts so far, what I question is your enjoyment of playing mafia.

In your first post you say, "Boy, this is gonna be fun. And a bit boring." I suppose you would argue that there is no way anyone could interpret that as a pessimistic view of this particular game of mafia?

A few posts later, someone, who had seemingly meta'd you, mentions that, surprisingly, your first post was not anti-town and you responded with "I don't have a vote to vote myself with." Does that response sound like the response of someone who is enjoying the game?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Natirasha wrote: Ergo, i actually have much more patience than i normally do. Don't even imply i have little patience for this game.
You came right out asking for an early claim from the defendant and followed that up with a claim of your own while you were under absolutely no pressure to do so. I would not call that the play of a patient player, sorry if you don't like that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Natirasha wrote: I just know that she's going to end up claiming, anyways. I was simply trying to get straight to the meat.
This sounds a bit scummy to me. All good townies know that discussion is what leads to the most informed lynches.

FoS: Natirasha

=======================================
Page 10 Votecount

Non-Jurors:

**Babygirl86: (1/7) {Mirth}
Joubert: (0/7)
Matt_S: (0/7)
Natirasha: (0/7)
populartajo: (0/7)

Jurors

ChiefSkye4: (0/6, 0/1)
Cream147: (0/6, 0/1)
Gorrad: (0/6, 0/1)
malthusis: (0/6, 0/1)
Mirth: (2/6, 3/1) {Gorrad, malthusis}, Joubert, babygirl86
SlySly: (0/6, 0/1)
theopor_COD: (0/6, 1/1) populartajo

Not Voting: (6/12) ChiefSkye4, Matt_S, SlySly, theopor_COD, Cream147. Natirasha

Deadline for D1: Saturday June 29, 6:15PM GMT+10
=======================================
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:53 pm

Post by Gorrad »

ChiefSkye4 wrote:
Gorrad wrote:In fact, I've got a bloody good reason to assume that Vollkan had very little to do with who the defendant is. It would just be too unbalanced if the mod chose- AND it would be biased. It's either 100% random or someone besides Vollkan chose.
This confuses me. Not the post, although, the tone of it was at least a little scummy, but so little that it's not really even a blip on the radar. Anyway, I should think that it's EITHER...

A. A scum role to pick the defendant (making it uber-hard on town)

B. It's completely random. I'm probably going with this, because otherwise, it would be nigh-impossible.
Tsk tsk, why so quick to assume scum role? My guess, if it's not random, is that it's a TOWN role that picks the defendant.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:28 am

Post by Mirth »

Gorrad wrote:
ChiefSkye4 wrote:
Gorrad wrote:In fact, I've got a bloody good reason to assume that Vollkan had very little to do with who the defendant is. It would just be too unbalanced if the mod chose- AND it would be biased. It's either 100% random or someone besides Vollkan chose.
This confuses me. Not the post, although, the tone of it was at least a little scummy, but so little that it's not really even a blip on the radar. Anyway, I should think that it's EITHER...

B. It's completely random. I'm probably going with this, because otherwise, it would be nigh-impossible.
Tsk tsk, why so quick to assume scum role? My guess, if it's not random,
is that it's a TOWN role that picks the defendant.
I see you're still ignoring my question.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:23 am

Post by Gorrad »

Mirth wrote:
Gorrad wrote:
ChiefSkye4 wrote:

Tsk tsk, why so quick to assume scum role? My guess, if it's not random,
is that it's a TOWN role that picks the defendant.
I see you're still ignoring my question.
Must have missed it.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:28 am

Post by Mirth »

I asked what makes you think so. And Sly just brought it up again the post before yours.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:05 am

Post by Gorrad »

Let's see-

POSSIBLE WAYS THE DEFENDANT COULD BE CHOSEN

1)
Mod Chooses
: A moderator would never have this much control over a game's outcome, it's against the spirit of mafia.

2)
Random
: Possible, very possible. Tends to favor scum, as there are less scum than town.

3)
Scum Chooses
: As stated earlier, this would make things astoundingly hard for town. This would be balanced, likely, by there only being one, maybe two scum.

4)
Neutral Role Chooses
: Eh, I suppose it's possible, but there's no real incentive for not choosing someone randomly.

5)
Town Role Chooses
: Strong likelyhood. This way the town still is in control of the lynch (an essential part of mafia), but there's a lot of power in the hands of one person as opposed to the town as a whole. If I were to guess, I'd say that once this role dies it becomes random (or possibly goes to a backup).
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:07 am

Post by Mirth »

Interesting. Though I don't really understand why its more likely for a townie to choose than for the mod to roll dice or something.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:08 am

Post by Gorrad »

I already said, if it's not random it's town-choice. I'm not sure which it is at this point, but if I had to choose one it'd be the latter.
ChiefSkye4
ChiefSkye4
Goon
ChiefSkye4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:01 am

Post by ChiefSkye4 »

Gorrad wrote:
ChiefSkye4 wrote:

Tsk tsk, why so quick to assume scum role? My guess, if it's not random, is that it's a TOWN role that picks the defendant.
Very, very true. Seems to have slipped my mind. That actually seems the most likely choice, because, like Gorrad said, it keeps the lynch town-controlled.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:08 am

Post by Mirth »

Lynch is town controlled though despite who the defendant is. Jury could vote someone else. I really don't like how you're all pretty much assuming, even if by your actions alone, just because the mechanics of this game are a bit different that town should just sit back and face the inevitability of a defendant lynch. Except for the push on me (part of which seems fishy and contrived), there has been a lack of actual playing involved.

unvote:babygirl
since she's not even talking anymore and hence my vote on her is useless.
mod: how are those prods? Also, I don't suppose you could be pleaded with to extend the deadline a tad? Pretty please with sugar on top?
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:03 am

Post by Cream147 »

Mirth wrote:Why are you certain his claim is true. Do you think you have enough posts from Malth to have an opinion on him? Why Tajo? (And Theo, btw, isn't even around. Check his post history). Why don't BG's posts seem like scum posts?
ok then. Let's start with babygirl.
babygirl wrote: I DID ANSWER!!!!!! WHAT AM I NOT ANSWERING- I SAID WHAT I THINK OF IT- IT DIDN'T SURPRISE ME. I DONT FEEL ONE WAY OR ANOTHER ABOUT IT
Posts like this, whilst incredibly annoying, I've found, are often good signs that someone is town. They get so frustrated that other people cannot see their role pm. I didn't see her suggestion of claiming early as scummy, I actually saw logic behind it. With these mechanics, I couldn't really see the defendant escaping on Day 1 (much like the real Phoenix Wright, this trial system heavily favours the prosecution!) so claiming early isn't necessarily a bad idea.

I'm pretty certain that Natirasha's claim is true, because it's an absolutely hideous role for scum to claim. If he is scum, vollkan would have sent him that fake claim, but I'm sure vollkan would know better than to give a fake claim like THAT! We are going to ask Nat about the pm he looked at overnight tomorrow. That will be a horrible task for someone to forge.

Malth hasn't really posted enough for me to have a solid opinion on him, I only have suspicions, mainly arising from his exchanges with you. As for Popular, he has seemed to, as, I believe it was Matt said, try to deflect attention from you. Personally I think that is a futile endeavor from him, because deflecting attention from you is near impossible!
[u]Apologies[/u]
I abandoned this place out of stress about 6 months ago. I let a lot of people down in doing so. I am starting afresh, I will not join more than 2 games at a time and I will definitely not be modding a game in the foreseeable future.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:23 am

Post by Mirth »

Cream147 wrote: I'm pretty certain that Natirasha's claim is true, because it's an absolutely hideous role for scum to claim. If he is scum, vollkan would have sent him that fake claim, but I'm sure vollkan would know better than to give a fake claim like THAT! We are going to ask Nat about the pm he looked at overnight tomorrow. That will be a horrible task for someone to forge.
Here, we seem to be venturing into the territory of mod outguessing again. We don't know if mod sent fake claims. It's also conversly a pretty sucky town role that we can't verify until someone else dies. That and Nat had absolutely no reason to claim in the first place.

[quote="Cream" Personally I think that is a futile endeavor from him, because deflecting attention from you is near impossible![/quote]

Agreed, as I'm incapable of shutting up ^_^
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:52 pm

Post by SlySly »

Gorrad, did you choose BG to be the defendant and if so, why?
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:35 pm

Post by Matt_S »

SlySly wrote:Gorrad, did you choose BG to be the defendant and if so, why?
What the heck is up with the fishing?
Vote SlySly
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:49 pm

Post by Mirth »

I wouldn't call it fishing. I'd call it blatantly asking Gorrad to confirm/deny what could be regarded as possible blatant breadcrumbing. I don't like that Sly just asked that though, either.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:52 pm

Post by SlySly »

Matt_S wrote:
Vote SlySly
I'm just asking about his inferences. I don't see any reason to suspect that the mod is not in control, even if by a random method, of who is the defendant. Now if it were part of my role PM, I would know otherwise. Gorrad has been insistent on making this possibility clear to the jury. Since he is and has been pushing this point so intensely, I felt the time to ask him about had arrived.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by Matt_S »

SlySly wrote:
Matt_S wrote:
Vote SlySly
I'm just asking about his inferences. I don't see any reason to suspect that the mod is not in control, even if by a random method, of who is the defendant. Now if it were part of my role PM, I would know otherwise. Gorrad has been insistent on making this possibility clear to the jury. Since he is and has been pushing this point so intensely, I felt the time to ask him about had arrived.
If he says "yes I picked babygirl", what does that get us? Pretty much just a claim. It says nothing about his or babygirl's alignments.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

(2) think very hard;
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:06 pm

Post by SlySly »

Matt_S wrote: If he says "yes I picked babygirl", what does that get us? Pretty much just a claim. It says nothing about his or babygirl's alignments.
I guess you missed the "if so, why?" part of my question.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:34 pm

Post by Mirth »

Well, Matt's right in that it doesn't say anything about alignments...I'm not comfortable with more claiming, but I can't say Sly's question was totally unexpected...
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:59 pm

Post by Matt_S »

SlySly wrote:
Matt_S wrote: If he says "yes I picked babygirl", what does that get us? Pretty much just a claim. It says nothing about his or babygirl's alignments.
I guess you missed the "if so, why?" part of my question.
And what answer do you expect? There's only two possible answers to why anyone would pick a defendant for day 1. It could be arbitrary, or it could be based off inside info. I find it unlikely that it's the latter, and if that's the answer you expect, that's just even more uncool.
Show

(2) think very hard;
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:04 pm

Post by vollkan »

Mirth wrote: mod: how are those prods? Also, I don't suppose you could be pleaded with to extend the deadline a tad? Pretty please with sugar on top?
I will extend it by 1 week.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:16 pm

Post by Mirth »

vollkan wrote:
Mirth wrote: mod: how are those prods? Also, I don't suppose you could be pleaded with to extend the deadline a tad? Pretty please with sugar on top?
I will extend it by 1 week.
Yay!
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:54 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Wow.
Vote: Slysly
for blatant fishing. No, I did not. I used LOGIC.

Mirth is far from off the hook here, btw.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:45 am

Post by malthusis »

Before I make a in depth post, what's the new deadline now?
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:25 am

Post by Mirth »

How about you just make an indepth post. Im sure we'd all like that.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”