farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:11 am

Post by farside22 »

Paronia seems to have set in to our travelers as votes are tossed back and forth.

Vote count:

Light-kun 2 vote: (OGML, IcemanE)
StrangerCoug 1 votes: (Cephrir)
Rogue 1 vote: (Gatekeeper)
Sibelius 1 vote: (Thinktank)
Gatekeeper 1 vote: (Rogue)
dcorbe 1 vote: (Doktor Per)
Doktor Per 2 vote: (dcorbe, strangerCoug)

Not voting:

Greasy Spot
Sibelius
Light-Kun
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:36 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Doktor Per wrote:I am a vanilla, mark my words, I just find his silly "OMG PARANOIA! SERIOUS BUSINESS" silly and stupid.
This is the earliest in the game I have seen a roleclaim. You only have two votes, so you should not be having a panic attack (though, yes, you should be defending).
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:41 am

Post by dcorbe »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Doktor Per wrote:I am a vanilla, mark my words, I just find his silly "OMG PARANOIA! SERIOUS BUSINESS" silly and stupid.
This is the earliest in the game I have seen a roleclaim. You only have two votes, so you should not be having a panic attack (though, yes, you should be defending).
1) First he breadcrums that he's mafia
2) Then he soft claims a power role to get me to back off
3) now he's claiming vanilla when he's NOWHERE near L-1

Why should we believe anything you say at this point
Doktor Per
Doktor Per
Goon
Doktor Per
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:29 pm

Post by Doktor Per »

First I use math. Then I call you a paranoid bastard who will harm the town. Then I state my role, hey, I don't have anything to hide, maybe that's bad practice where you come from, but I know what I am.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:06 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Doktor Per wrote:(. . .)this is all a inter Mafia scheme to distance us so in the end game, Dcorbe will be trusted and can take you hosers out one by one. HA HA HA!
Actually, I like pointing this out. Strong scum players use a long term strategy like this, and pointing out this possibility, true or not, is actually very smart whether he be town or mafia. (If mafia, it is a clever distraction.) Unfortunately, Dr. Per, your overall actions still come off as very scummy. Your defense makes very little sense, as Dcorbe pointed out. However, I am wondering if Dcorbe's aggression could be consider scummy. If a player is in Dr. Per's position, mafia would be smart to attack him in this manner. (That or Dcorbe is really dedicated to the town. I wouldn't know as I have't played with him before.)

All possibilities aside, I think that Dr. Per is pretty scummy, so he gets my vote. I will check back in the next few hours to see if I should change my mind.

Vote: Doktor Per
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:00 pm

Post by icemanE »

unvote

Yes, the claim seems very off to me, unnecessary of course, but perhaps this is his playstyle.

A couple of questions:

1. Dcorbe - how does he breadcrumb that he's mafia? I need that to be explained further, perhaps I missed it.

2. Dok - Are you just a generally excited, overly happy person, or are you trying to brush aside the serious parts of this game? I.e.:
Dok wrote:Jesus Christ guys, way to not have a sense of humor. I forgot that Mafia is SRS BSNSS.

Holding on for you to over interpret my post Smile You can do it, lovable scamps.
I think the discussion about how many scum are in this game is all null - yes, there's a general formula to avoid imbalance in a game and I'm guessing the mod followed it in order to, you know, balance the game, so dcorbe's is an overreaction to Dok's guess that there are 3. Dok overstates the scumminess of dcorbe's reaction, though, when he says
Dok wrote:That was one of the scummiest posts I've ever read.
That's all for now. I would consider voting for Dok in order to bandwagon for a claim, but we've already got one, so I'll hold off until I get a stronger notion.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:11 pm

Post by dcorbe »

icemanE wrote: 1. Dcorbe - how does he breadcrumb that he's mafia? I need that to be explained further, perhaps I missed it.
The mere suggestion that he may know how many mafia are present in this setup (which is a closed setup, BTW) is breadcrumming.
icemanE wrote: so dcorbe's is an overreaction to Dok's guess that there are 3.
This isn't an overreaction to anything. I have a good reason to be acting the way I am right now and I'll explain it later.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:28 pm

Post by icemanE »

The mere suggestion that he may know how many mafia are present in this setup (which is a closed setup, BTW) is breadcrumming.
Ah, OK, I see what you're saying now.
I have a good reason to be acting the way I am right now and I'll explain it later.
Ah, OK, I... think I see what you're saying now? Or I guess I'll see what you're saying... later.
Doktor Per
Doktor Per
Goon
Doktor Per
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:55 pm

Post by Doktor Per »

I'm here to have a good time, not serious business, so if I go pointing scum finger on the first day (which I did twice or three times before, please note) I am most likely not being serious, especially if it's because some dude is overreaction about an assumption based on the ideal ratio. I'd like to win the game, but that should come secondary to good time. I fucked up, blew up too loudly and now the Dcorbe guy is driving me down the street, furious as a demon prince in hell.

I apply a formula to everything, making assumptions about safe things is generally a good thing. Seeing as I seem to be walking up to the gallows I do hope you note Dcorbe's actions better when I flip.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:58 pm

Post by icemanE »

You've only got 3 votes Dok.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:59 pm

Post by dcorbe »

Doktor Per wrote:I'm here to have a good time, not serious business, so if I go pointing scum finger on the first day (which I did twice or three times before, please note) I am most likely not being serious, especially if it's because some dude is overreaction about an assumption based on the ideal ratio. I'd like to win the game, but that should come secondary to good time. I fucked up, blew up too loudly and now the Dcorbe guy is driving me down the street, furious as a demon prince in hell.

I apply a formula to everything, making assumptions about safe things is generally a good thing. Seeing as I seem to be walking up to the gallows I do hope you note Dcorbe's actions better when I flip.
Why do you assume you're going to get lynched at L-4?

Why are you giving up so easily?
Doktor Per
Doktor Per
Goon
Doktor Per
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:18 pm

Post by Doktor Per »

I'm not giving up, I'm just stating where things are headed. Seemingly everyone who has participated since this nonsense began, save IcemanE has jumped on the killdozer. Three out of four does not make good odds for me.

What is your beef, man?
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:22 pm

Post by dcorbe »

Doktor Per wrote:I'm not giving up, I'm just stating where things are headed. Seemingly everyone who has participated since this nonsense began, save IcemanE has jumped on the killdozer.
Three out of four
does not make good odds for me.

What is your beef, man?
I don't understand part of your response. Please see what's bolded above. Where does that reference come from? Three out of four what? You do realize that with 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch, right?
Sibelius
Sibelius
Townie
Sibelius
Townie
Townie

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:55 pm

Post by Sibelius »

Oops, I forgot to watch this topic. Sorry for my tardiness.
thinktank wrote:
vote: Sibelius

Because Finale is clearly better.
SQUEE! Another musician! ^_^ (I do think Finale is better, actually...)

Anyway, moving on.
Doktor Per, post 58 wrote:I'm here to have a good time, not serious business, so if I go pointing scum finger on the first day (which I did twice or three times before, please note) I am most likely not being serious, especially if it's because some dude is overreaction about an assumption based on the ideal ratio. I'd like to win the game, but that should come secondary to good time. I fucked up, blew up too loudly and now the Dcorbe guy is driving me down the street, furious as a demon prince in hell.

Putting the quote here so I don't forget about it.

There may have been something with the accusation of breadcrumbing and a possible soft claim, but after post 52 (by dcorbe), it starts to seem a bit contrived on dcorbe's part. Yes, I think all that Per's done, including the roleclaim, has been fairly scummy, but so far it hasn't really set me off.

That being said, the post I quoted above seems a bit melodramatic. It's an overreaction, like we've all noted, but this whole debacle makes Per seem a little less scummy in my eyes since he's obviously beginning to crack under pressure. It's more of a gut feeling, but it would unnerve me a lot more if he kept his cool when under pressure.

Nobody's really voteworthy yet, but I'm eyeing both dcorbe and Per right now.
Rogue Shenanigans
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:59 am

Post by Rogue Shenanigans »

Sibelius wrote:Nobody's really voteworthy yet, but I'm eyeing both dcorbe and Per right now.
That.

Per seems more silly than scum at this point.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:20 am

Post by Cephrir »

Wow, page 2 claim, good times. The Dokter seems to be... unsure how serious he's going to take this? It was kinda like, one minute it's "OMG I'M GONNA GET LYNCHED", then it's "Wow you guys take this too seriously". Not sure what to think. I find iceman's immediate dismissal of the tell a bit scummy as well, and Dok buddied up to him for it. I think both he and dcorbe are overreacting.

Unvote
, btw.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:58 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Doktor Per wrote:I'm here to have a good time, not serious business, so if I go pointing scum finger on the first day (which I did twice or three times before, please note) I am most likely not being serious, especially if it's because some dude is overreaction about an assumption based on the ideal ratio.
It's all fun and games before someone's about to be lynched. Be careful.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Gatekeeper
Gatekeeper
Townie
Gatekeeper
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:12 am

Post by Gatekeeper »

Doktor Per: While you are suppose to have a good time, the only real thing we all have to go off of is the posts. It is what you are supposed to based part of your reasoning for lynching on.
Doktor Per
Doktor Per
Goon
Doktor Per
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:50 am

Post by Doktor Per »

Which is why I find this off the handles crap ridiculous. I make a few jokes and make an assumption, then all of a sudden everyone who posts jumps on the killdozer, though it seems like the last few of you have been more cool headed.

I defend myself how I see fit. It's day one, non-serious posts are to be expected. I'm new here so you don't know me and I don't know you, so I'll need to learn if any of you have any tells and each one's personality. This is me. Hi. This is how I act.

And yes, Rogue Shenanigans, I am silly. That would be my primary attribute.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:07 am

Post by dcorbe »

@Sibelius: just wondering why my actions are so noteworthy
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:11 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

dcorbe, how on earth is speculating about the number of mafia breadcrumbing? Do you know what breadcrmbing is? Mafia don't breadcrumb that they're mafia.

unvote: light
because I can't lynch my kami

vote: rogue
for intentionally staying uninvolved in discussion

And that was the last Death Note reference, I promise
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:22 am

Post by dcorbe »

OhGodMyLife wrote:dcorbe, how on earth is speculating about the number of mafia breadcrumbing? Do you know what breadcrmbing is? Mafia don't breadcrumb that they're mafia.
I know what the term means. He's dropping hints that he might have inside information, and the only way that could happen is if he was mafia. Classic definition of the term.
OhGodMyLife wrote:
unvote: light
because I can't lynch my kami

vote: rogue
for intentionally staying uninvolved in discussion

And that was the last Death Note reference, I promise
I'm sure next you're going to point out that it's weak justification to wagon someone, as others here have been hinting at, so don't bother.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:34 am

Post by Light-kun »

The breadcrumbing has been something that I never really understood as a claim. You obviously know what it is, so why do you think that Doktor Per would hint at being mafia? Looking at the past few of his posts and the fact that he did (if you include that inside information idea as a claim) three roles. So, I am fairly uncertain if he is a power role, mafia, or townie. So, for now:

Unvote: Doktor Per

Additionally, avoiding the main discussion does make Rogue seem suspicious, but I am going to wait for his response to the vote before doing anything, as it maybe that he wants his presence known, but is unable to post anything due to work, honey-dos, etc. Otherwise, I just wanted to know:

Mod: Is Greasy Spot still in this game or being replaced? Just never saw any news on him. (And sorry if I missed his post or your post explaining
Gatekeeper
Gatekeeper
Townie
Gatekeeper
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:39 am

Post by Gatekeeper »

Greasy said he was on vacaition (sp?...) and that he would return last night, so he should be starting to post soon....
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:41 am

Post by farside22 »

Greasy confirmed in thread on Thursday. If he does not post on Monday I will give him a prod
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”