mini 2093, the search - an interminable period of darkness.

Channel Fireball
Channel Fireball
Goon
Channel Fireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:00 pm

Post by Channel Fireball »

In post 1295, Errantparabola wrote:Channel Fireball (5): Baezu Leaf, Menalque, skitter30, gobbledygook, 123456789
now that is a scum rich wagon LOL
Channel Fireball
Channel Fireball
Goon
Channel Fireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:05 pm

In post 1219, gobbledygook wrote:1) Did you actually scumread ARO? Was that tell a load of crap to disguise your lyncher wincon?
2) How did you know that ARO was your target almost instantly?
1 - uh the "tell" thing from fireball was real, but I (Chanel) actually didn't really think it made ARO scum for sure, I just don't care enough about this game and it seemed like a fine push. So at the very beginning of the game we were basically just random pushing to see what happened. After they said they had a lyncher on them, I think we spent the rest of day 1 kinda just wanting to push anything else because we planned to vig them. Since the vig failed, we've basically been playing like a lyncher since they haven't IC'd themselves I'm guessing they might actually be scum. If they are scum BP, it could be that they could EC themselves to draw nightkill actions. Or at least that's the hope I have to justify continuing to play this game out. So toward the start we were real pushing, and most of day 2 we kinda need to just assume they're scum to continue playing the game. It's not exactly the same thing as a lyncher I guess although similar, given we don't actually know their alignment, we just know that our target can reveal their alignment, they seem like our target, and they haven't revealed themselves (which afaik only makes sense from a scum POV). So it's more--we have to believe they're scum, because we would prefer to believe our wincon is still fulfillable to bother playing this game at all. If that makes sense.

2 - We didn't know until they said they had a lyncher on them. I don't see why we'd assume a setup with multiple lynchers unless this setup is just a steaming pile of shit, which to be fair, it might be

-Chanel
Channel Fireball
Channel Fireball
Goon
Channel Fireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:08 pm

In post 1299, gobbledygook wrote:your play doesn’t really inspire much faith that you’re town. Also from my perspective how am I supposed to truly know I’m not going toward town win con by stringing you?
We're not playing like town, we're playing like a lyncher that thinks their lynch target might happen to be scum. Critical difference.

If you thought about setup spec for more than 30 seconds you'd either have to know we're town based on likely balance or lying about our role. If you think we're lying about our role you'd have to think through why we'd lie about our role in a closed setup with the majority of the game and the power structure still unrevealed. So basically if you turned your brain on you would probably conclude we're town because our play doesn't make sense from scum.

-Chanel
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:14 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

Who are your mains?
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:22 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

I do think you’re lying about your role. I don’t think you had a vig. I think you are just an RC
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:27 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 1294, gobbledygook wrote:Sorry for spam but like really Pine and PP need to come clean because collectively we hold more sway than they do. Without their help we are only down 1 vote because presumably Numbers will follows town with whatever it does that isn’t killing him.
Okay, you win.

Penguin and I haven’t been lying so much as...massaging the truth. A version of it.

We were informed that 123456789 is the Empress, and e holds the Crown Jewel. Whoever possesses the Crown Jewel can *only* die by lynching. In order to win, a Bandit must fulfill their factional wincon AND possess the Crown Jewel at some point in the game. Complicating the matter is that the only way to take possession of the Crown Jewel is to hammer the lynch of the person who holds it.

When we put out the bait for scum to trade information on their team D1, Cyrus bit. Hard. He scumclaimed, and said he’d help us with our wincon by trading a scumbuddy for letting him have the Crown Jewel before we lynched him. We agreed, and he told us about Numbers being scum with him. He knew about eir extra powers, and said the only way ANY bandits were going to win was by working together. We promptly told him “Thanks but no thanks” and lynched him. Regardless of everything else, letting outed scum live wasn’t going to work. All he’d have to do is kill one of us, then it’s his word against the survivor.

PP is a 2-shot Jailkeeper. I’m a 2-shot Watcher. Our days are numbered. We can protect each other a little; Cyrus flipped on us and sent the scum NK after me, so PP had to spend a shot protecting me. Now we have to decide whether to Jail me again or have me Watch PP to catch his murderer. We’ve decided what we think scum are going to do, and will be keeping this to ourselves, thanks.

Numbers is 98% scum. I don’t think Cyrus has the guile or experience to pull one over on both PP and I, and he was talking too fast to have been coached. This is the BEST chance we have to take em down, and ALL Town wincons are dependent on it.

Numbers is the only acceptable lynch today.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:29 pm

Post by Pine »

I maintain that this is not a Lyncher role. It is an objective-based, Town-aligned scum-hunting role.

Help us achieve our wincon and we will be nigh-invincible semi-ICs.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Acute Right Obtuse
Acute Right Obtuse
Goon
Acute Right Obtuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:30 pm

Post by Acute Right Obtuse »

In post 1296, Channel Fireball wrote:
In post 1252, gobbledygook wrote:We are going to be stringing up CF today. Why? Because we can satisfy Number's alt win con and still get rid of them at a later date.
So your plan is to lynch a town investigative because you don't think you can fulfill our wincon

Sounds like you... suck at mafia!

It doesn't help that this setup is a steaming pile of shit, I know, but turning off your brain on the primary wincon to achieve a secondary wincon is awful.

Oh but wait --
In post 1260, gobbledygook wrote:I’m prettty sure that CF and Numbers have a good chance of both being scum given their roles so it’s ok we can knock this out
lol you think that "town rolecop with a multitasking one-shot vig" is something scum have in this setup. In fact you think we're "likely scum given our role"

vig failed or not, arguing we're scum because of roleclaim is steaming garbage. I mean I don't mind getting out of this game because the design is objectively bad, but pretending like you're playing to town wincon here is braindead levels of stupid.

-Chanel
Stop please
Hydra of
Chennisden (Acute)
Eggs (Right)
, and
ClearlyClarity (Obtuse)
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:31 pm

Post by skitter30 »

your prior story was incredibly fishy

this is more believable but now i'm kinda annoyed at you two for not like ... just being upfront to begin with

why didn't you just say all of this to start ... ?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Acute Right Obtuse
Acute Right Obtuse
Goon
Acute Right Obtuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:33 pm

Regardless of your alignment/wincon stop being a dick

I haven't liked Gobble's play this game to be fair but 1. it's a bastard game and 2. regardless you shouldn't treat anyone this way
Hydra of
Chennisden (Acute)
Eggs (Right)
, and
ClearlyClarity (Obtuse)
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:33 pm

Post by skitter30 »

sky do you have any bp-like abilities ?

channel are you guys still pushing aro ... ?

pedit i agree that channel is kinda being difficult
gobble is being fine, and i think townie
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Acute Right Obtuse
Acute Right Obtuse
Goon
Acute Right Obtuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:34 pm

In post 1309, Acute Right Obtuse wrote:Regardless of your alignment/wincon stop being a dick

I haven't liked Gobble's play this game to be fair but 1. it's a bastard game and 2. regardless you shouldn't treat anyone this way
In particular, he's also been stepping the shit up out of this game after the early game.
Hydra of
Chennisden (Acute)
Eggs (Right)
, and
ClearlyClarity (Obtuse)
Acute Right Obtuse
Acute Right Obtuse
Goon
Acute Right Obtuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:35 pm

In post 1310, skitter30 wrote:sky do you have any bp-like abilities ?

channel are you guys still pushing aro ... ?

pedit i agree that channel is kinda being difficult
gobble is being fine, and i think townie
early game i didn't like. right now is fine.
Hydra of
Chennisden (Acute)
Eggs (Right)
, and
ClearlyClarity (Obtuse)
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:35 pm

Post by Pine »

skitter30 wrote:your prior story was incredibly fishy

this is more believable but now i'm kinda annoyed at you two for not like ... just being upfront to begin with

Because it sounds like a third party or lyncher role. We were trying to be subtle.

There’s also not much reason, absent the Super Loved thing, for urgency. Once that dropped, the plan we’d already set out on became a lot harder. The deeper we got into the massaged version of the story the harder it got to pull out.

PP gave me the nod to rip the bandaid off entirely. I don’t think we have anything held back now.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:35 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1305, Pine wrote:We were informed that 123456789 is the Empress, and e holds the Crown Jewel. Whoever possesses the Crown Jewel can *only* die by lynching. In order to win, a Bandit must fulfill their factional wincon AND possess the Crown Jewel at some point in the game. Complicating the matter is that the only way to take possession of the Crown Jewel is to hammer the lynch of the person who holds it.
the first time we tried to hammer test numbers, weren't you two both early on the wagon?
Show
Hiatus once more.

Acute Right Obtuse
Acute Right Obtuse
Goon
Acute Right Obtuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:36 pm

In post 1313, Pine wrote:

Because it sounds like a third party or lyncher role. We were trying to be subtle.

There’s also not much reason, absent the Super Loved thing, for urgency. Once that dropped, the plan we’d already set out on became a lot harder. The deeper we got into the massaged version of the story the harder it got to pull out.

PP gave me the nod to rip the bandaid off entirely. I don’t think we have anything held back now.
Why not do this immediately after Cyrus claimed scum
Hydra of
Chennisden (Acute)
Eggs (Right)
, and
ClearlyClarity (Obtuse)
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:36 pm

Post by Pine »

Gobble seems fine to me. Awkward start, but has been Towny since daystart.

CF I have no opinion on. I’m rather laser-focused on Numbers. The longer we wait the harder it is to remove them

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Acute Right Obtuse
Acute Right Obtuse
Goon
Acute Right Obtuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:36 pm

Otoh I don't really believe they'd just hardbus scumbuddy cyrus.
Hydra of
Chennisden (Acute)
Eggs (Right)
, and
ClearlyClarity (Obtuse)
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:37 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 1314, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1305, Pine wrote:We were informed that 123456789 is the Empress, and e holds the Crown Jewel. Whoever possesses the Crown Jewel can *only* die by lynching. In order to win, a Bandit must fulfill their factional wincon AND possess the Crown Jewel at some point in the game. Complicating the matter is that the only way to take possession of the Crown Jewel is to hammer the lynch of the person who holds it.
the first time we tried to hammer test numbers, weren't you two both early on the wagon?
That’s the hard part of our role. How do you push a wagon you don’t want to vote for?

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:37 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i mean the way you went about it basically you were acting like a lyncher today @pine, which is why i didn't want much to do with it
Show
Hiatus once more.

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:38 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 1315, Acute Right Obtuse wrote:
In post 1313, Pine wrote:

Why not do this immediately after Cyrus claimed scum
Like...a lot of reasons. Also, things moved quickly and our communication didn’t. There were some things (like our PRs) we held back from the PT until post-lynch so he couldn’t tell the scum Pt

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:38 pm

Post by skitter30 »

and what's your plan after pp hammers numbers ... how do you get the crown jewel exactly?

i think this is more believable than the previous version of the story but i'm not sure i'm sold still
Show
Hiatus once more.

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:39 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 1319, skitter30 wrote:i mean the way you went about it basically you were acting like a lyncher today @pine, which is why i didn't want much to do with it
I believe I’ve admitted to having cocked it up

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:40 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 1321, skitter30 wrote:and what's your plan after pp hammers numbers ... how do you get the crown jewel exactly?

i think this is more believable than the previous version of the story but i'm not sure i'm sold still
Well...that’s the other reason we didn’t want to be open right away. Whichever of us gets it is okay being mislynched to help the other, but that’d be strictly anti-Town from the rest of your POV

We’re kind of hoping to get it down to 1 scum and hoping you all are willing to indulge us with another ML to gain an invincible IC

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:41 pm

Post by Pine »