Mini 610: Ace Attorney Mafia - Game Over!!

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:47 pm

Post by populartajo »

Natirasha wrote:
populartajo wrote:
Matt_S wrote:
populartajo wrote:Also, if you have any decent case against someone then we should push it because for now babygirl is not a decent lycnh.
The fact that you're pushing this alternative using only Cream's unvote, while ignoring babygirl's unvote, is what's poor. What makes Cream a decent lynch and not babygirl?
Im assuming volkan didnt put a scum in the first trial.
That nails it. Wouldn't it be a tad overpowered if the town would be down a townie day one, no matter what happens?

unvote, vote: Populartajo
[/b]
I dont see how making a decent assupmtion makes me immediately scum. I guess it could be random but I think it would be a little overpowered for town if we have all scum in trials. There would be too much luck-factor, IMO.

=======================================
Page 9 Votecount

Non-Jurors:

**Babygirl86: (1/7) {Mirth}
Joubert: (0/7)
Matt_S: (0/7)
Natirasha: (0/7)
populartajo: (0/7)

Jurors

ChiefSkye4: (0/6, 0/1)
Cream147: (0/6, 0/1)
Gorrad: (0/6, 0/1)
malthusis: (0/6, 0/1)
Mirth: (2/6, 3/1) {Gorrad, malthusis}, Joubert, babygirl86
SlySly: (0/6, 0/1)
theopor_COD: (0/6, 1/1) populartajo

Not Voting: (6/12) ChiefSkye4, Matt_S, SlySly, theopor_COD, Cream147. Natirasha

Deadline for D1: Saturday June 29, 6:15PM GMT+10
=======================================
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:54 am

Post by Mirth »

Mmmmm concert headache...

@Gorrad, 185: and what's your scum reading on yourself?
Tajo: I am not liking how you assume BG is town because she's defensive to the point of exasperation.
Sly: I don't strike you as scummy? Wow. I don't think there's a general consensus about BG, but I wouldn't say that there's much to go on. She only posted a couple of times and she avoided a question or two from me and her responses have been kind of disinterested.
Gorrad: why are you leaning towards innocent. She hasn't posted much and what she has posted doesn't have lots of content in it.
Cream: why am I your number one? And why didn't you unvote Theo earlier then?
Tajo: Why do you go so far to say that BG is less scummy then everyone else here?

... wait? You're assuming BG is innocent by attempting to mod outguess that scum can't be on trial first? WTH? How is this a remotely valid reason?
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:51 am

Post by Gorrad »

I don't judge myself. I have someone else who does that for me.

Because I have yet to see significant reason to call her scummy.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:05 am

Post by populartajo »

... wait? You're assuming BG is innocent by attempting to mod outguess that scum can't be on trial first? WTH? How is this a remotely valid reason?
Its a safe assumption.
Unless those lists are random. You guys have your point here. But do you think it would be fair for scum to have a possible scumpartner in the first trial? This game is different and thats why Im 90% sure volkan had to mess it a little bit for balance reasons.
Unless Im wrong. Ive been many times.
Natirasha tell me whats the scum motivation behind that assumption. Why does it make me scum? Wouldnt it be better to let babygirl die with no agreement?
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:05 am

Post by populartajo »

Mirth wrote:... wait? You're assuming BG is innocent by attempting to mod outguess that scum can't be on trial first? WTH? How is this a remotely valid reason?
Its a safe assumption.
Unless those lists are random. You guys have your point here. But do you think it would be fair for scum to have a possible scumpartner in the first trial? This game is different and thats why Im 90% sure volkan had to mess it a little bit for balance reasons.
Unless Im wrong. Ive been many times.
Natirasha tell me whats the scum motivation behind that assumption. Why does it make me scum? Wouldnt it be better to let babygirl die with no agreement?
Call me Tajo.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:11 am

Post by Gorrad »

There is absolutely no chance that the mod had any say whatsoever in who the defendant is.

Savvy?
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:12 am

Post by Mirth »

populartajo wrote: Its a safe assumption.
No, it isn't. It's a hasty, badly informed assumption. We don't know what Vollkan's game mechanics here are. We also don't know the scum to town ratio. We don't know scum powers or town powers for that matter. I don't see why you insist on attempting to outguess the mod on day 1.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:12 am

Post by Mirth »

Gorrad wrote:There is absolutely no chance that the mod had any say whatsoever in who the defendant is.

Savvy?
What makes you think this?
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:47 am

Post by Cream147 »

Mirth wrote:
populartajo wrote: Its a safe assumption.
No, it isn't. It's a hasty, badly informed assumption. We don't know what Vollkan's game mechanics here are. We also don't know the scum to town ratio. We don't know scum powers or town powers for that matter. I don't see why you insist on attempting to outguess the mod on day 1.
Have to agree with mirth here. This mechanic is pretty horrible for the town. By taking out the chance that scum could be defendant on day 1, it becomes even more horrible. Of course, vollkan may have balanced this mechanic out in other ways (less scum, more town power roles) but having the defendant as truly random just seems logical. I don't think we should be worrying about whether the mod would have thought this or that for balance issues anyway. Let's just worry about whether we think babygirl is scum. I think no.
[u]Apologies[/u]
I abandoned this place out of stress about 6 months ago. I let a lot of people down in doing so. I am starting afresh, I will not join more than 2 games at a time and I will definitely not be modding a game in the foreseeable future.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:04 am

Post by Mirth »

Cream147 wrote:I think no.
Why not? And who do you think is, besides me?
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:12 am

Post by Cream147 »

Mirth wrote:
Cream147 wrote:I think no.
Why not? And who do you think is, besides me?
Babygirl's posts don't seem like posts coming from scum, they seem like (useless) posts from an irritated townie. If I had to say who I thought could be scum, I would say you, Malth and popular currently, Theo being an outside runner. I have no certainty behind any of that though. I'm fairly certain that Natirasha is innocent and that his claim is true.
[u]Apologies[/u]
I abandoned this place out of stress about 6 months ago. I let a lot of people down in doing so. I am starting afresh, I will not join more than 2 games at a time and I will definitely not be modding a game in the foreseeable future.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:15 am

Post by Mirth »

Why are you certain his claim is true. Do you think you have enough posts from Malth to have an opinion on him? Why Tajo? (And Theo, btw, isn't even around. Check his post history). Why don't BG's posts seem like scum posts?
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:20 am

Post by Cream147 »

Mirth wrote:Why are you certain his claim is true. Do you think you have enough posts from Malth to have an opinion on him? Why Tajo? (And Theo, btw, isn't even around. Check his post history). Why don't BG's posts seem like scum posts?
Ok, I don't have time to answer these questions right now. I've got bags of time tomorrow and I'll answer every single one of these questions. I'm aware of Theo's lack of posting currently, that doesn't exempt him from suspicion in any way. Don't think I have just made baseless accusations there, even if I haven't said in detail what the base behind my accusations is!
[u]Apologies[/u]
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:28 am

Post by Mirth »

Cream147 wrote: Don't think I have just made baseless accusations there, even if I haven't said in detail what the base behind my accusations is!
Have I said this now? No. Why assume so? Answer whenever you can, I'm not rushing you. Though I am troubled by this part of your post.
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:39 am

Post by Cream147 »

Mirth wrote:
Cream147 wrote: Don't think I have just made baseless accusations there, even if I haven't said in detail what the base behind my accusations is!
Have I said this now? No. Why assume so? Answer whenever you can, I'm not rushing you. Though I am troubled by this part of your post.
The amount of questions you ask me in one post seems to suggest that you doubt I actually have answers to all of them. It gives me the impression that you're trying to catch me out. That's how I see it anyway.
[u]Apologies[/u]
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:06 am

Post by Mirth »

Why? Haven't I been just as aggressive to most of the players here? What makes you so special as to be a target of something other than Mirth-probing?
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:22 pm

Post by SlySly »

Let us examine the defendant's posts:

babygirl86 wrote: awww man I'm the defendantt? noo!
Well, if you survive, at least you will be passed it first and not have to worry about it again. Unfortunately, for you, your play has been lackluster so far and has been far from convincing.

--
babygirl86 wrote: If I knew that it would save me, I would claim no questions asked.
This sounds kind of scummy. Just because something saves you doesn't mean that something is pro-town. What if it is scum that is asking you to claim? Are you just going to automatically give them the info they desire if it saves you from a lynch?

--
babygirl86 wrote: But I'm still kind of confused as to how this game is going to play out so I'm not sure if I should claim yet or not
You are on trial. If the jury doesn't unanimously agree to lynch someone else, you will be lynched. Does that clear up any confusion?

Most of the time, early claiming is pro-scum.

--
babygirl86 wrote: I don't like the one line votes from several people here- especially when some(like the vote that was on me) had no basis.
Votes can be placed for many different reasons. Votes come and go. Just because you interpret a vote to be reasonless, doesn't mean it actually is.

--
babygirl86 wrote: But I do think we need to make some progress in this game and although I don't like the sudden vote on me by theo, I'm not convinced enough to place a vote yet.
I think progress is being made. Aren't all votes sudden? Your vote is not really important at this moment in time.

--
babygirl86 wrote: my bad- guess I forgot that my vote doesn't really count....
I see you realize what I just pointed out.

--
babygirl86 wrote: but on the other hand I also don't like how populartajo jumped on cream....
What don't you like about it?

--
babygirl86 wrote: that doesn't really sit too well with me either. They both have explained themselves, but I'm more inclined to vote for theo
vote: theoper_COD
Let me see if I have this right.

You don't like the sudden vote of Theo on you. You don't like how Pop jumped on Cream. Both have explained themself.

Can you tell me again what the basis of your vote on theo was?

--
babygirl86 wrote: alright here we go..... I already commented on nat's claim.... I believe it, and although I'm sort of questioning why she claimed so early, I'll let it go..
I don't like Nat's claim or the wishy-washy explanations of the claim.

--
babygirl86 wrote: I'm not surprised that she asked me to claim- I am the defendant after all.
Sounds to me that Nat has very little patience for this game. I find it questionable that Nat even enjoys playing this game.

--
babygirl86 wrote: I don't like the way mirth is playing right now and especially for not answering questions... why not just remind me- ever think that maybe I just missed it?
What is wrong with the way Mirth is playing?

You are the defendant. You shouldn't have to be reminded.

--
babygirl86 wrote: and in answer to joubert, I am innocent.
Not convincing at all. You better hope someone else steps up and start being really scummy or you are going to be lynched today.

--
babygirl86 wrote: I DID ANSWER!!!!!! WHAT AM I NOT ANSWERING- I SAID WHAT I THINK OF IT- IT DIDN'T SURPRISE ME. I DONT FEEL ONE WAY OR ANOTHER ABOUT IT
Ever overreact?

Why are you getting so angry at a question when you have had to answer so few of them as the defendant?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BG has in no way cleared herself. However, the jury has barely even questioned her. Maybe she will start building a defense now that someone is going focus on her.

I would vote for BG now but there is really no need. She will be lynched at the end of this day anyway if things continue down the same path that they have been travelling down so far.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:52 pm

Post by Mirth »

Soooooo care to comment on anyone else Sly? (Also, wow, aggressiveness, I'm impressed :P I do think you're letting me off the hook a bit too easily considering what I pulled in the past. Now I sure as heck don't believe in meta, but I'm wondering why you aren't more suspicious of me)

Mod: can we get prods on Babygirl, Theo, Malth, and Joubert please if you haven't recently prodded them?
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:12 pm

Post by vollkan »

Mirth wrote: Mod: can we get prods on Babygirl, Theo, Malth, and Joubert please if you haven't recently prodded them?
Theo has not picked up his previous post. I know that he has access problems (can't get to MS at work), so I will give him a few days, and then look at replacing.

Babygirl, Malth, and Joubert are being prodded now.

Also, @Natirasha, your most recent vote has not been counted since you voted Populartajo who, like yourself, is a non-juror. I counted your unvote, but not the vote.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:11 am

Post by SlySly »

Mirth wrote: Soooooo care to comment on anyone else Sly?
I think the wisest thing to do at this point in time is to focus on the defendant. If and when the defendant is determined to be innocent, then the focus can shift to others.
Mirth wrote: (Also, wow, aggressiveness, I'm impressed :P I do think you're letting me off the hook a bit too easily considering what I pulled in the past. Now I sure as heck don't believe in meta, but I'm wondering why you aren't more suspicious of me)
You are not off the hook. You are just not my current focus. You seem very eager for me to be suspicious of you. That is a bit suspicious in itself. The past is the past and holds no bearing on this game.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:17 am

Post by Mirth »

Glad you think so (bout the past, I mean.) But I disagree with you about focusing on the defendant alone. Only way to truly confirm someone innocent is to kill them, so we can't really decide if the defendant is innocent. Only play this game like normal with looking for scum. After all, we don't know why she's the defendant and not someone else.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:17 am

Post by Natirasha »

Oh, trying to slip something past me, huh?
SlySly wrote:I don't like Nat's claim or the wishy-washy explanations of the claim.
I'm fine with that.
Sounds to me that Nat has very little patience for this game. I find it questionable that Nat even enjoys playing this game.
Listen here, I love Phoenix Wright, it's one of my favorite series. Ergo, i actually have much more patience than i normally do. Don't even imply i have little patience for this game.

I just know that she's going to end up claiming, anyways. I was simply trying to get straight to the meat.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
ChiefSkye4
ChiefSkye4
Goon
ChiefSkye4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:48 am

Post by ChiefSkye4 »

Hello, guys. I'm back, nice to
be
back. I reread the whole of two pages you guys covered, and have a few things to say. BTW, I am a female. I was called a 'he' in previous posts. Just clearing that up. :)
Mirth wrote: CS: what makes you think you missed it the first time instead of just finding something that wasn't there the second? Can you really be sure that you didn't only find it "put on" because of suggestion? Why are you willing to follow Gorrad's instincts more than your own?
Good questions, I expected them. I was not following Gorrad's instincts, first of all, I was following my own. I re-read a series of posts due to Gorrad's observations, so that I may form my own. I happened to agree.

As for your first question, it's like...replaying a game, for instance, Phoenix Wright. I've played the first one about 5 times now, and each time I discover something new, or look at something in a different light. It was like that. After beating a case, I learn things that I didn't pick up the first time, and when I replay it, I look in a different light. Understand :?:
populartajo wrote:Do all the members of the jury here think that Cream is less suspicious than babygirl?
Well, I don't think that Cream is un-suspicious, not at all, but I do think that BG is more suspicious. She doesn't really help out, when she's in the most pressed position of all, when she should be the one contributing most.
cream wrote:I'm pretty sure that babygirl is innocent, I'm getting real frustrated townie vibes from her posts (and I don't blame her, though she could be more constructive and do a bit of scumhunting).
These 'frustrated townie vibes' could very well be put-on, because she's scum, and pissed about being defendant first. Which leads to my next comment...
Gorrad wrote:In fact, I've got a bloody good reason to assume that Vollkan had very little to do with who the defendant is. It would just be too unbalanced if the mod chose- AND it would be biased. It's either 100% random or someone besides Vollkan chose.
This confuses me. Not the post, although, the tone of it was at least a little scummy, but so little that it's not really even a blip on the radar. Anyway, I should think that it's EITHER...

A. A scum role to pick the defendant (making it uber-hard on town)

B. It's completely random. I'm probably going with this, because otherwise, it would be nigh-impossible.
Nat wrote:I just know that she's going to end up claiming, anyways. I was simply trying to get straight to the meat.
I think you're talking about BG, so I'm gonna base my comment on that.

I sort of agree with Nat there. In order to fully (to her extent) defend herself, this is sorta neccessary. So, yeah. [/i]
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:22 pm

Post by Joubert »

If there's nothing against Babygirl, I don't see why we should pick on her. Yet, Mirth's reaction to my vote is still lingering. Slysly DOES look like he wants to find bugs where there's nothing. Babygirl's speech "less than convincing"? It's hard to "prove" void...
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:58 pm

Post by Mirth »

My *reaction* to your vote? I was asking you why you made it. You blew that out of proportion. Now then, would you care to discuss anything that was brought up? Like Tajo's assumption based on mod-outguessing, Tajo's comments on Cream, Nat's claim, whether or not BG should claim, my supposed relationship to Malth, anything at all?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”