mini #585 - A Tempest Has Formed (Over), Thanks Patrick!!

Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:56 am

Post by Patrick »

Votecount

Elias_the_thief (2) -- populartajo, Alabaska J
Skruffs (1) -- iamausername

Not voting: Elias_the_thief, Cream147, CoheedCambria09, Evilgorrilaz, Gaspode, Matt_S, Skruffs
10 alive, 6 to lynch.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Evilgorrilaz
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by Evilgorrilaz »

Cream147 wrote: Agree with you there! I would have happily had alvinz lynched from near the start, until the end. Judging by alvinz' alignment, that makes our interactions very interesting!
So? Waving around that you were on the lynch of a mafia member doesn't mean too much. Its the same thing as waving around the fact that you weren't on a townie lynch, and therefore must be town. Not to mention you could also be SK.
Skruffs wrote: Coheed: I more meant "Why were you asking for a vanilla townie to claim to test your sanity", telling the scum who you intend to investigate means nothing, and you should be trying to investigate scum that haven't claimed yet. That's how I play a cop.
When was this? I seemed to miss this.
When a flat-chested girl hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart <3
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by Matt_S »

Skruffs wrote:Are you suggesting that Popular doesn't have the right to make cases about alvinz' possible partners, now that he knows that alvinz was, in fact, scum? Or are you saying that he was defending alvinz today so the cases he makes are probably flawed or intentionally setup because he's alvinz partner? Or what?

I know you can't possibly be saying that popular thought alvinz was town yesterday so he can't look at alvinz in a new light with new information, so I'll assume it's one of hte other two.
Yeah, I am trying to insinuate that popular was alvinz' partner, and is trying to set up a mislynch. And he says he' "pretty sure" Elias is scum, even though, as Elias said, there's no case on him that doesn't involve alvinz' posts. Scum posts can be pretty ripe with false connections, or attempts to mislynch, yet popular goes with the assumption that it was distancing or something. I don't see how alvinz' attacks on Elias look like anything but trying to get an easy wagon.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:20 pm

Post by populartajo »

Tell me one thing Matt. Can you have a read of a player that almost didnt play D1?
Ill post what Elias had to say about Alvinz.
Elias wrote:Dont try to tell me anger is a scumtell. I'll hunt you down and kill you.
Also, I like Alvinz response.
This was probably a subtle way to support Alvinz and to give the impression that Cream was a possible good lynch.
Elias wrote:Alvinz: Says he doesnt mind bandwagoning, next post fos's evil for bandwagoning. Contradict yourself much? Moves on to make some reaching attacks, specifically, about the Tajo-Marmalade connection, and his attacks on me for being a lurking IC. Backs off from initial attacks on me, defends himself *decently*, goes into useless squabble with Cream. I have a neutral to scum read on him.
Why the change of thought, Elias? Why is Alvinz now defenfing himself *decently*?
Elias wrote:Alvinz: Who? Basically nothing up until page 16 so hard to read. Then a lot of wierd small posts. I have a neutral to scum read on him still.
Great. Nothing up until page 16 so hard to read.
Additonal fact. He never pushed Alvinz lynch although he was neutral.scum to him, instead he almost went full against Mellowed. I dont blame him for that but I feel he could have pushed Alvinz case better.
Add this to what Alvinz thougt about him and voila, what do you get?
Elias is a decent case. Period.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:30 pm

Post by Matt_S »

populartajo wrote: He never pushed Alvinz lynch although he was neutral.scum to him, instead he almost went full against Mellowed.
Maybe because he had a scum read on Mellowed? I don't see how that says anything about his alignment on day 2.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

(2) think very hard;
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:33 pm

Post by populartajo »

Matt_S wrote:
populartajo wrote: He never pushed Alvinz lynch although he was neutral.scum to him, instead he almost went full against Mellowed.
Maybe because he had a scum read on Mellowed? I don't see how that says anything about his alignment on day 2.
What I said
populartajo wrote:Additonal fact. He never pushed Alvinz lynch although he was neutral.scum to him, instead he almost went full against Mellowed.
I dont blame him for that but I feel he could have pushed Alvinz case better.
Matt do you think Im scum with Alvinz?
Call me Tajo.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:37 pm

Post by Matt_S »

populartajo wrote:
Matt_S wrote:
What I said
populartajo wrote:Additonal fact. He never pushed Alvinz lynch although he was neutral.scum to him, instead he almost went full against Mellowed.
You know, you could have also pushed an alvinz case yet didn't. You're actually my number 2 pick for alvinz' buddy, because Cream's interactions yesterday seem like blatant distancing.
Show

(2) think very hard;
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:41 pm

Post by populartajo »

Matt_S wrote:
populartajo wrote:
Matt_S wrote:
What I said
You know, you could have also pushed an alvinz case yet didn't. You're actually my number 2 pick for alvinz' buddy, because Cream's interactions yesterday seem like blatant distancing.
Jesus, Matt, I didnt push his lynch because my read all D1 was agressive silly townie. Why would I push his lynch?
Now can you point out those Cream's interactions? Im not seeing them.
Call me Tajo.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:44 pm

Post by Matt_S »

populartajo wrote:
Matt_S wrote:
populartajo wrote:
Matt_S wrote:
What I said
Jesus, Matt, I didnt push his lynch because my read all D1 was agressive silly townie. Why would I push his lynch?
Now can you point out those Cream's interactions? Im not seeing them.
And Elias obviously thought alvinz was more town than Mellowed, so why push the alvinz lynch before Mellowed?
And really? You can't see the huge argument over petty things?
Show

(2) think very hard;
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:36 pm

Post by Cream147 »

Matt_S wrote:
populartajo wrote:
Matt_S wrote:
What I said
Distancing huh? I had my vote on him for most of the day. I endorsed his lynch happily throughout the day. I took my vote off him when coheed looked a better candidate, and then moved to Mellowed before going right back to alvinz. Surely there's a line to draw between distancing and genuine suspicion. Or should suspicion of someone be avoided where possible because it may look too much like distancing.
[u]Apologies[/u]
I abandoned this place out of stress about 6 months ago. I let a lot of people down in doing so. I am starting afresh, I will not join more than 2 games at a time and I will definitely not be modding a game in the foreseeable future.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:44 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Oooh. Evilgorillaz, think you goofed there and just cleared someone of being on the mafia team.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:19 pm

Post by Matt_S »

Cream147 wrote:
Matt_S wrote:
populartajo wrote:
Matt_S wrote:
What I said
Distancing huh? I had my vote on him for most of the day. I endorsed his lynch happily throughout the day. I took my vote off him when coheed looked a better candidate, and then moved to Mellowed before going right back to alvinz. Surely there's a line to draw between distancing and genuine suspicion. Or should suspicion of someone be avoided where possible because it may look too much like distancing.
Not everyone pushed as hard as you did that early on. It reminds me a lot of my first game as scum.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:40 am

Post by Elias_the_thief »

populartajo wrote:Tell me one thing Matt. Can you have a read of a player that almost didnt play D1?
Elias wrote:Dont try to tell me anger is a scumtell. I'll hunt you down and kill you.
This was probably a subtle way to support Alvinz and to give the impression that Cream was a possible good lynch.
Or, it was a genuine praise of a decent response. Are you telling me that you didnt think that was a good response? If I recall, there was at least one other person who said the same thing, possibly two. This is completely inconsequential.
populartajo wrote:
Elias wrote:Alvinz: Says he doesnt mind bandwagoning, next post fos's evil for bandwagoning. Contradict yourself much? Moves on to make some reaching attacks, specifically, about the Tajo-Marmalade connection, and his attacks on me for being a lurking IC. Backs off from initial attacks on me, defends himself *decently*, goes into useless squabble with Cream. I have a neutral to scum read on him.
Why the change of thought, Elias? Why is Alvinz now defenfing himself *decently*?
Because he made additional posts after the original response that were not as good? Again, completely inconsequential.
populartajo wrote:
Elias wrote:Alvinz: Who? Basically nothing up until page 16 so hard to read. Then a lot of wierd small posts. I have a neutral to scum read on him still.
Additonal fact. He never pushed Alvinz lynch although he was neutral.scum to him, instead he almost went full against Mellowed. I dont blame him for that but I feel he could have pushed Alvinz case better.
Um...I didn't push him because there were several players that I thought were scummier. This is your most retarded point yet.
"ZOMG WHY DIDNT YOU PUSH YOUR LIKE 4TH SUBJECT IS YOU SCUMBUDDIES?!"

Summary: genuine praise of a good response, followed by a genuine change of opinion after subsequent posts, followed by a failure to attack a suspect low on my list while attacking higher suspects. Is this honestly the best you can do? And listen: YOU CANT MAKE A LYNCH OFF OF A CONNECTION CASE ALONE, UNLESS YOURE A RETARDED TOWN OR SCUM. FIND SOMETHING SCUMMY ABOUT ME INDEPENDANT OF CONNECTION AND THEN I MIGHT SAY YOU HAVE A CASE.
I play the games rul gud.
Evilgorrilaz
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:15 am

Post by Evilgorrilaz »

Skruffs wrote: Oooh. Evilgorillaz, think you goofed there and just cleared someone of being on the mafia team.
Oh?
When a flat-chested girl hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart <3
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:32 am

Post by iamausername »

Elias_the_thief wrote:YOU CANT MAKE A LYNCH OFF OF A CONNECTION CASE ALONE
I pretty much disagree with this entirely. However, I don't think the alvinz/Elias connection is nearly as strong as the alvinz/Skruffs connection, and I think Skruffs also looks scummier independently.

I'm slightly confused by the fact that my last post appears to have been ignored entirely by everyone.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:27 am

Post by Matt_S »

iamausername wrote:I'm slightly confused by the fact that my last post appears to have been ignored entirely by everyone.
I feel better with Cream's connections. My lack of comments about your post was tacit opposition. It's not necessarily a bad case, but Cream going Rambo on alvinz seems so much better to me.
Show

(2) think very hard;
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:34 pm

Post by populartajo »

Elias_the_thief wrote:
populartajo wrote:Tell me one thing Matt. Can you have a read of a player that almost didnt play D1?
Or, it was a genuine praise of a decent response. Are you telling me that you didnt think that was a good response? If I recall, there was at least one other person who said the same thing, possibly two. This is completely inconsequential.
populartajo wrote:
Because he made additional posts after the original response that were not as good? Again, completely inconsequential.
populartajo wrote:
Um...I didn't push him because there were several players that I thought were scummier. This is your most retarded point yet.
"ZOMG WHY DIDNT YOU PUSH YOUR LIKE 4TH SUBJECT IS YOU SCUMBUDDIES?!"

Summary: genuine praise of a good response, followed by a genuine change of opinion after subsequent posts, followed by a failure to attack a suspect low on my list while attacking higher suspects. Is this honestly the best you can do? And listen: YOU CANT MAKE A LYNCH OFF OF A CONNECTION CASE ALONE, UNLESS YOURE A RETARDED TOWN OR SCUM. FIND SOMETHING SCUMMY ABOUT ME INDEPENDANT OF CONNECTION AND THEN I MIGHT SAY YOU HAVE A CASE.
:D
Elias you know this isnt going to work twice.
1. Do you sincerely think that even if Alvinz had said "Elias is my 90% possible scumpartner" we should ignore him? Come on, read his posts and how they involve you. Its a DECENT connection.
2. Its hard to make a case against you when all D1 you have a)lurked to boredom b)write general comments about everyone and c)only push one case, conveniently.
My point is that Alvinz was a heavy suspected player. WHy not going after him if you thought he was a decent lynch? In fact, why not commenting anything about him in the last stage of the game? How convenient, lurking again.
3. Why so overdefensive, huh? Disliking my logic much?
4. What do you think of Skruffs?
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:36 pm

Post by populartajo »

iamausername wrote:
I pretty much disagree with this entirely. However, I don't think the alvinz/Elias connection is nearly as strong as the alvinz/Skruffs connection, and I think Skruffs also looks scummier independently.

I'm slightly confused by the fact that my last post appears to have been ignored entirely by everyone.
I cant believe I missed that post. Im rereading and post my comments about it later. The fact that Skruffs has missed it makes me wonder.
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:38 pm

Post by populartajo »

Matt_S wrote:
Cream147 wrote:
Matt_S wrote:
populartajo wrote:
Matt_S wrote:
What I said
Not everyone pushed as hard as you did that early on. It reminds me a lot of my first game as scum.
I dont think Cream and Alvinz (assuming it was their first time as scum) would have done that. Its too much fire attraction and an unnecessary one at that stage of the game.
Also could you link me to that first game?
Call me Tajo.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:39 pm

Post by Matt_S »

populartajo wrote:Also could you link me to that first game?
There you go.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:26 am

Post by Skruffs »

populartajo wrote:
iamausername wrote:

I cant believe I missed that post. Im rereading and post my comments about it later. The fact that Skruffs has missed it makes me wonder.
I just want to point out that you are suggesting or insinuating that if two people do the same thing, and one of them is you, the other person is suspicious. ;)

I completely missed Iamausername's attack against me because it was on a previous page; thank you for bringing it to my attention though, I will read and respond to it.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:58 am

Post by Alabaska J »

I am okay with a Skruffs lynch. iamausername may be on to something here.

Also, pop, you reasoning is hella wack sometimes. :/ I'm going to do a reread of tajo day one to see what to make of his play. I agree that Elias is probably alvinz's buddy, but some of tajo's posts seem off to me, and just because he agrees with me doesn't exempt him from being scum.

In summary,
FoS: Skruffs and populartajo
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:30 pm

Post by Matt_S »

Skruffs has seemed odd most of the game, but Skruffs defending Mellowed-town oddly doesn't seem as odd as Cream attacking alvinz-scum oddly. I really don't feel that Skruffs is the play for today.
Show

(2) think very hard;
CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:43 am

Post by CoheedCambria09 »

Sorry for not posting in a while, I was away all weekend, will reread and post soon.
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:25 am

Post by Elias_the_thief »

populartajo wrote: :D
Elias you know this isnt going to work twice.
Just noting how retarded you'll look if I'm lynched.
populartajo wrote: 1. Do you sincerely think that even if Alvinz had said "Elias is my 90% possible scumpartner" we should ignore him? Come on, read his posts and how they involve you. Its a DECENT connection.
Try to pay attention. I never said anything about ignoring the connection you are attempting to construct. His posts are almost indisputably the result of backpedaling independant of me. Even if they werent, you havent shown any strong argument as to how I connected myself to him. As I said before, lynching on connection cases alone is retarded. Its called buddying up, and retarded townies such as yourself are why it works.
populartajo wrote: 2. Its hard to make a case against you when all D1 you have a)lurked to boredom b)write general comments about everyone and c)only push one case, conveniently.
You admit its hard to make a case against me. If this doesnt seal how contrived this attack is I dont know what will. My "general comments" were in depth analysis of every player in the game. If you can't make a case from that, maybe it shoult tell you I'm town. As for my lurking, I'd like to point out that I was doing so as a result of a combo of finals and RL issues, and while I'm not going into details, I'd like to point out that youre a complete douchebag for suggesting otherwise.
populartajo wrote: My point is that Alvinz was a heavy suspected player. WHy not going after him if you thought he was a decent lynch? In fact, why not commenting anything about him in the last stage of the game? How convenient, lurking again.
I dont recall calling him a decent lynch, firstly. Secondly, I HAD HIGHER SUSPECTS. Youre basically suspecting me for NOT following the crowd? You are a complete idiot. Again. RL issues, you asshole.
populartajo wrote: 3. Why so overdefensive, huh? Disliking my logic much?
Yeah, go suck a dick. My defense has been perfectly in proportion to your attack, this is my standard playstyle, and overdefensiveness isnt a scumtell. Your logic is terrible though. You're basically suggesting the same points over and over again and hoping that no one notices thats I've defeated them.
populartajo wrote: 4. What do you think of Skruffs?
I think I need to reread.
I play the games rul gud.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”