mini 2093, the search - an interminable period of darkness.

gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:09 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 219, skitter30 wrote:
In post 196, Acute Right Obtuse wrote:
specifically i'd think the person is town because if they were scum they could just NK me to manipulate their condition into fulfilling and that's too boring/bad
In post 205, gobbledygook wrote:I think they are lying
Why do u think this?
I need to use a computer to crtl f but I will use this post as reference because I think even more so now they are lying
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:10 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 224, skitter30 wrote:
In post 221, gobbledygook wrote:I want to know what their win condition is because it sounds like they need to live past a certain day if a lyncher is against them which seems sketchy
Not sure i got that vibe

R u an alt ?
I’ve played on Smash boards another website
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:19 am

Post by gobbledygook »

Skitter I want you to think really hard about that post you quoted and their reactions vis a vis Fireball with them thinking that the lyncher is town
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:50 am

Post by skitter30 »

Chenni r u informed that there is a lyncher on ur slot? Or do u just think ghat's a possibility?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Acute Right Obtuse
Acute Right Obtuse
Goon
Acute Right Obtuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:15 am

Post by Acute Right Obtuse »

I'll clarify a little - it's not
exactly
a lyncher as in they AUTO win when I'm dead but let's just say their life becomes a LOT EASIER with me dead.
Hydra of
Chennisden (Acute)
Eggs (Right)
, and
ClearlyClarity (Obtuse)
Numbers
Numbers
Numbers

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:19 am

Post by 123456789 »

In post 113, Channel Fireball wrote:If not for the meta tell, your reaction to all of this is not representative of your town game. This frustration and the way you phrased it comes from you when you roll scum. I feel fairly certain about that. This reaction is clearly a response coming from frustrated scum that wants to know how they got caught, or perhaps being able to rectify their mistake mid-way, which is unfortunately for you not going to happen.

- Fireball.
I still find this rather distasteful even if it is not illegal. It is rather arrogant imo. Not sure if it comes from town or scum though.
In post 128, Channel Fireball wrote:
In post 120, Elements wrote:I don't see anything of much substance in their posts. The only interesting one was the rant about your read. Seems genuine but if the parts about ability at this game are true I can easily see it being fabricated.

I'm not a big fan of day one. I'm normally one of the lynch options at the end of the day and in my experience the only useful stuff that happens is the voting towards the end of the day which almost always ends in a town lynch. I don't think anyone can have any certainty about anyone else's alignment at this point in the game unless they are scum and know everyone else it town.
I understand your position. However this tell is pretty strong, and the response to it makes me think that this tell is also applicable this game. If not for the tell itself, perhaps Chennis' response to it should be fairly telling that he seems particularly annoyed by my vote in particular, while having 4 other players on the wagon. The other reason why I have not revealed the tell, is to see what the slot would do about it, and they seem fairly obsessed with it to the point of only generating discussion about it, and not the game itself. Disregarding the tell, this is fairly scummy.
To be fair, there isn't much else to talk about. Your tell on ARO is the only real content we've seen this game so far.
In post 134, Channel Fireball wrote:My presence in those games is a non-relevant point of discussion, considering anyone can delve in the games you have played at any time. And if they do, they will certainly notice the same thing that I have notice, and will promptly join your wagon.

What made you think that our alt-condition is the one of a Lyncher? And what made you think that over the possibility of me being scum?

- Fireball.
You are pushing pretty hard on ARO for a meta tell you won't reveal. While I'm not saying you made up the tell, it does sound like something a lyncher would do.
"You learn mathematics by doing mathematics."
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:23 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 229, Acute Right Obtuse wrote:
I'll clarify a little - it's not
exactly
a lyncher as in they AUTO win when I'm dead but let's just say their life becomes a LOT EASIER with me dead.
Hmmmmm
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Channel Fireball
Channel Fireball
Goon
Channel Fireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:23 am

Post by Channel Fireball »

Why are you hunting alternate wincons rather than primary wincons, numbers?

-Chanel
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:23 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 227, gobbledygook wrote:Skitter I want you to think really hard about that post you quoted and their reactions vis a vis Fireball with them thinking that the lyncher is town
Why dont u spell out what you're thinking?
Show
Hiatus once more.

Channel Fireball
Channel Fireball
Goon
Channel Fireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:24 am

In post 220, skitter30 wrote:Anyonw wanna wagon cyrus with me?
I'm down

VOTE: Cyrus

-Chanel
Numbers
Numbers
Numbers

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:25 am

Post by 123456789 »

In post 142, Acute Right Obtuse wrote:VOTE: fireball
Why do you think Fireball's actions are indicative of scum? After all, you admitted there is the possibility he is a town-aligned lyncher on your slot.
In post 156, Channel Fireball wrote:
In post 148, Acute Right Obtuse wrote:
In post 146, Channel Fireball wrote:Oh trust me, dear. It exists. It's as clear as day. And the fact you insist about it for so long while trying to discredit my slot in particular, while having no discussion about the game in general, is very telling. It's also very amusing to see that you actually noticed your own tell as well. I know you have.

In fact, I invite all players here to do the same about your recent games. They can just have a cursory look and I can guarantee you that they will notice it as well.

- Fireball.
then what excuse do you have for not outing it?

exactly.
I wouldn't describe it as an excuse. Rather I would describe it as a way to show people your true alignment, without having to out the tell itself. Your reaction is quite invaluable to show to other players that you are scum, and the subconscious slip that you think I have a lyncher alt-con, rather than me simply being scum. This should be enough to prove your alignment to other town players.

- Fireball.
I don't consider the lyncher thing a slip. Maybe it is not the first reaction most people have to it, but it doesn't seem unreasonable in this sort of game.
In post 166, Elements wrote:
In post 163, Channel Fireball wrote:
In post 161, skitter30 wrote:At the same time fireball's push feels weird
I will admit that what I am doing is quite overkill, given a lot of players were already inclined to push ACO. Although, I would much rather ensure a lynch on scum today, it would not be the first time I see some wagons losing momentum without any rhyme or reason, especially an early day wagon. This is just insurance that we lynch scum today.

If you want to make sure you understand what I am referencing, I invite you to take a very quick look at Chennis' recent games, then look at this one. You will probably have a "oh!" moment, and vote with us and the 4 others on this wagon.

- Fireball.
Because wagons formed on day 1 of 14 are always so reliable.
Care to give which games we should be looking at in particular?
I like Elements so far this game.
In post 170, Pine wrote:Hey guys

I’m about 90% sure Cyrus is also scum
Is it because he seems to be lurking heavily this game?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:26 am

Post by skitter30 »

No, that's not why cyrus is scum here, really
Show
Hiatus once more.

Numbers
Numbers
Numbers

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:33 am

Post by 123456789 »

In post 213, Pine wrote:
In post 182, Elements wrote:
In post 170, Pine wrote:Hey guys

I’m about 90% sure Cyrus is also scum
Care to elaborate?
Not at this time.
In post 123, cyrus62 wrote:i honestly dont think any one forming reads cases or wagons this early in this type of game is town,
Among other reasons, though, this is pretty bad.
Isn't cyrus still fairly new to mafia on this site? I think it's a reasonable stance coming from newb!town.

In post 232, Channel Fireball wrote:Why are you hunting alternate wincons rather than primary wincons, numbers?

-Chanel
Umm... I'm not? What gives you that impression?
Channel Fireball
Channel Fireball
Goon
Channel Fireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:39 am

Number's defense of Cyrus feels quite out of place. In fact a lot of stances that Numbers has taken this game feel quite detached. They do ask a lot of questions but don't have a lot of reads of their own. I think Cyrus and Numbers are equally good lynches here, perhaps.

- Fireball.
Numbers
Numbers
Numbers

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:42 am

Post by 123456789 »

There aren't many stances to take so far in this game.
Channel Fireball
Channel Fireball
Goon
Channel Fireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:47 am

In post 239, 123456789 wrote:There aren't many stances to take so far in this game.
Frankly I find that hard to believe. On a very basis level, every read you have is a stance in itself. Saying you don't have many stances to take in this game, would imply that you have very little to no reads. I find that to not be possible from a player that actually has been participating in some discussion already. This is a part of why I am suspicious of your slot, as I would imagine someone like you to have generated more thoughts and reads than mediating, say, our push against ACO earlier on.

- Fireball.
Numbers
Numbers
Numbers

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:48 am

Post by 123456789 »

About half of this thread is you and ARO going back and forth with each other. It drowns out all the other posts in the game.

So far, I have Elements and skitter30 as lean!town for making good observations/offering alternative viewpoints rather than just going through the flow. While ARO kinda looked bad towards the beginning of their interactions with you, they seem to be looking a lot better towards the end, and I find their stances seem fairly reasonable, so I'm going with nullish town for them. I'm also going with nullish-town for you because I don't really see any scum motivation for what you did, and your tell seems pretty reasonable even if I am not putting much stock into it.
Channel Fireball
Channel Fireball
Goon
Channel Fireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:50 am

That sounds really great. What about Cyrus makes you think he is townie, though? If you think all of the people you mentioned are town, then where should we be pushing, in your opinion?

- Fireball.
Numbers
Numbers
Numbers

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:53 am

Post by 123456789 »

Nothing has struck me as townie from cyrus, so I suppose I could vote there; HOWEVER, I would like to give cyrus more time because as I said, he seems relatively new to the game and may be having a hard time with this particular game.

I'm not sure who we should be pushing right now. I think we need to encourage other people to post more. Maybe gobble; he hasn't really given me a town vibe from his posts, and he's definitely been around.
VOTE: Gobble
Channel Fireball
Channel Fireball
Goon
Channel Fireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:56 am

In post 243, 123456789 wrote:Maybe gobble; he hasn't really given me a town vibe from his posts, and he's definitely been around.
Is there anything that strikes you as scummy from Gobble, or is it just the fact that you can't find a town vibe in all of his posts? If it's the latter, what's the difference between him and say, someone like Penguin, or Baezu Leaf?

- Fireball.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:57 am

Post by Elements »

In post 243, 123456789 wrote:Nothing has struck me as townie from cyrus, so I suppose I could vote there; HOWEVER, I would like to give cyrus more time because as I said, he seems relatively new to the game and may be having a hard time with this particular game.
I can see this point of view. I had no clue what was going on in the first couple of page my first few reads of them.
Numbers
Numbers
Numbers

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:59 am

Post by 123456789 »

In post 244, Channel Fireball wrote:
In post 243, 123456789 wrote:Maybe gobble; he hasn't really given me a town vibe from his posts, and he's definitely been around.
Is there anything that strikes you as scummy from Gobble, or is it just the fact that you can't find a town vibe in all of his posts? If it's the latter, what's the difference between him and say, someone like Penguin, or Baezu Leaf?

- Fireball.
The insistence on wanting to know ARO's wincon/thinking they're lying sticks out some as possibly scum, but only ever so slightly. THe main difference between him and Penguin/Baezu Leaf is that gobble is actively participating in the thread whereas Penguin /Baezu Leaf aren't.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:16 am

Post by skitter30 »

Fire you feel kinda scummy to me
Show
Hiatus once more.

Channel Fireball
Channel Fireball
Goon
Channel Fireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:17 am

In post 247, skitter30 wrote:Fire you feel kinda scummy to me
Anything in particular you want to highlight?

- Fireball.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:27 am

Post by Errantparabola »

what are you doing here???? go on to the next page!!!!
Last edited by Errantparabola on Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”