Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by dcorbe »

farside22 wrote:
Gimbo wrote:/confirm
Are you an alt of someone because I don't see you on the list Gimbo?
No he's not on the list. If he were to somehow find his way into the game I would /out myself or asked to be replaced because he acts like a complete tool in every game he joins.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:24 am

Post by dcorbe »

Vote: StrangerCoug
to see if I can get him lynched on D1 again :lol:
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (isolation #3) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:39 am

Post by dcorbe »

Doktor Per wrote:
Rogue Shenanigans wrote:
Doktor Per wrote: People who talk in third person are always scum.
Rogue Shenanigans does not agree.
That's what a scum
would
say. Mafia detected!

Light-kun, Rogue Shenanigans and ??? Only time will tell.
Everyone who disagrees with you is scum. Shifting blame around is a common scum tactic.

Let me fix your last post for you:
Doktor Per wrote: Light-kun, Rogue Shenanigans and
Doktor Per
Only time will tell.
And in all seriousness, how do you know how many scum there are in this game? Breadcrum much?

Unvote, Vote Doktor Per
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (isolation #4) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:55 am

Post by dcorbe »

Doktor Per wrote:
dcorbe wrote: And in all seriousness, how do you know how many scum there are in this game? Breadcrum much?
Unvote, Vote Doktor Per
According to the formula there should be three or four scum.
unvote

That was one of the scummiest posts I've ever read.
vote: dcorbe

If you are town, your paranoid antics will only hold us back. I will laugh if you will have the cop lynched.
What formula? Please point out to me where the mod has given any indication as to what and how many of each roles are alive?
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #5) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:02 am

Post by dcorbe »

Doktor Per wrote: If you are town, your paranoid antics will only hold us back.
I will laugh if you will have the cop lynched.
That looks like a soft claim to me. Holy crap dude, are you seriously suggesting that I not vote for you because you might be the cop?

Also the fact that you are nowhere near lynch and already complaining about it is noted.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #6) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:58 am

Post by dcorbe »

Doktor Per wrote:I am a vanilla, mark my words, I just find his silly "OMG PARANOIA! SERIOUS BUSINESS" silly and stupid. The ideal ratio for scum versus town is one scum per three town. If there were five scum, if we would lose three town in short succession, it's much too easy for scum to win that way. Three is leaning towards town, while four would seem somewhat ideal.

Instead of realizing that not liking puns = Mafia is a joke, you all jump on the dcorbe bandwagon, because he decides that paranoia (or pointing fingers) is a really good tactic. Or this is all a inter Mafia scheme to distance us so in the end game, Dcorbe will be trusted and can take you hosers out one by one. HA HA HA!

What is going to happen now is that I get lynched, turn up as vanilla, someone speculates about me being scum miller or whatever you crazies do.

Jesus Christ guys, way to not have a sense of humor. I forgot that Mafia is SRS BSNSS.

Holding on for you to over interpret my post :) You can do it, lovable scamps.
What's wrong with having a serious conversation during the course of a game? You can take something seriously and still have fun with it. I'm here to win a game, not entertain you.

I would be highly concerned about those who think they can just skate right through the game without doing any serious scum hunting whatsoever. Being serious about scum hunting is beneficial to the town. Not being serious about it is beneficial to the mob.

And BTW, wagoning people is a common tactic, because as people become pressured they tend to give off more scum tells as you're doing now.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (isolation #7) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:41 am

Post by dcorbe »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Doktor Per wrote:I am a vanilla, mark my words, I just find his silly "OMG PARANOIA! SERIOUS BUSINESS" silly and stupid.
This is the earliest in the game I have seen a roleclaim. You only have two votes, so you should not be having a panic attack (though, yes, you should be defending).
1) First he breadcrums that he's mafia
2) Then he soft claims a power role to get me to back off
3) now he's claiming vanilla when he's NOWHERE near L-1

Why should we believe anything you say at this point
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (isolation #8) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:11 pm

Post by dcorbe »

icemanE wrote: 1. Dcorbe - how does he breadcrumb that he's mafia? I need that to be explained further, perhaps I missed it.
The mere suggestion that he may know how many mafia are present in this setup (which is a closed setup, BTW) is breadcrumming.
icemanE wrote: so dcorbe's is an overreaction to Dok's guess that there are 3.
This isn't an overreaction to anything. I have a good reason to be acting the way I am right now and I'll explain it later.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (isolation #9) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:59 pm

Post by dcorbe »

Doktor Per wrote:I'm here to have a good time, not serious business, so if I go pointing scum finger on the first day (which I did twice or three times before, please note) I am most likely not being serious, especially if it's because some dude is overreaction about an assumption based on the ideal ratio. I'd like to win the game, but that should come secondary to good time. I fucked up, blew up too loudly and now the Dcorbe guy is driving me down the street, furious as a demon prince in hell.

I apply a formula to everything, making assumptions about safe things is generally a good thing. Seeing as I seem to be walking up to the gallows I do hope you note Dcorbe's actions better when I flip.
Why do you assume you're going to get lynched at L-4?

Why are you giving up so easily?
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (isolation #10) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:22 pm

Post by dcorbe »

Doktor Per wrote:I'm not giving up, I'm just stating where things are headed. Seemingly everyone who has participated since this nonsense began, save IcemanE has jumped on the killdozer.
Three out of four
does not make good odds for me.

What is your beef, man?
I don't understand part of your response. Please see what's bolded above. Where does that reference come from? Three out of four what? You do realize that with 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch, right?
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #11) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:07 am

Post by dcorbe »

@Sibelius: just wondering why my actions are so noteworthy
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #12) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:22 am

Post by dcorbe »

OhGodMyLife wrote:dcorbe, how on earth is speculating about the number of mafia breadcrumbing? Do you know what breadcrmbing is? Mafia don't breadcrumb that they're mafia.
I know what the term means. He's dropping hints that he might have inside information, and the only way that could happen is if he was mafia. Classic definition of the term.
OhGodMyLife wrote:
unvote: light
because I can't lynch my kami

vote: rogue
for intentionally staying uninvolved in discussion

And that was the last Death Note reference, I promise
I'm sure next you're going to point out that it's weak justification to wagon someone, as others here have been hinting at, so don't bother.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (isolation #13) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:42 pm

Post by dcorbe »

Gatekeeper wrote:
Cephrir wrote:No, I mean, you suggested that lynching him would be OK even if he were town.
He has been the main point of debate. (aside from points here and there) He says he is for fun and yet that we are taking it to serious, but that is part of the game. In the end he basicly claimed to not have any power.If he had any power that would make him a target for a nightkill, and I don't think if he had a power-role he wouldn't roleclaim.

Basicly what I was trying to say is as of now he seems like is a affordable loss even if he is a townie. (not saying we should just get rid of the town as numbers do help us.)
This debate is pointless. You guys are acting like he's anywhere near lynch right now.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (isolation #14) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:05 pm

Post by dcorbe »

icemanE wrote:Also, yeah, I still don't understand the "breadcrumbing". Most often people breadcrumb when they're a protown power role as a way of trying to reveal info without claiming. I don't see how it would be at all advantageous to breadcrumb as scum, so I don't buy that part of the argument.
It's not advantageous to breadcrum as scum and that's sort of the point.

Whether it's a weak tell or a strong tell is also an irrelevant point. The point of the vote was to try and get a pressure wagon going on him and it worked because now he's dropping scum tells.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (isolation #15) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:14 pm

Post by dcorbe »

icemanE wrote: Your vote is a tool. You can use it to do things like force scum tells through pressure, which is what I was initially doing with my vote on Dok. Now, however, I'm convinced he's mafia, and my vote will stay on him. I think you can use your vote however you want to, it's your only power as a towine and you can get a lot more done with it than just add a number to the count.
QFT
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #16) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:31 am

Post by dcorbe »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Doktor Per wrote:This OMGUS debate is in it's entirety retarded and can we please get on with our lives?
No. First off, OMGUS only exists when two people are voting each other and the second person to vote does not have a legitimate reason to vote the first back. You're the one guilty of OMGUS, not us. Hence my vote.

OMGUS: Oh My God! You Suck!.
Usually
used in the context of an 'OMGUS vote'
It doesn't have to be in the context of a vote. It can be in the context of a reaction to someone. The acronym itself lends to its definition. In short, you are wrong.
StrangerCoug wrote: Second, you are the scummiest player right now. You roleclaimed too early, and your hinting at the number of the Mafia and the fact that there is a cop contradicts your roleclaim, so we can't tell what exactly you are. We've settled on scum for you.

While I'm at it, ever heard of "lynch all liars"?
We need to be careful about policy lynches. Scum will often hide behind policy lynches in leu of scum hunting because they're all too often easy lynch targets.

D1 policy lynches especially rarely pan out.

FoS: StrangerCoug
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #17) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:55 pm

Post by dcorbe »

Doktor Per wrote:Not from my point of view, Homer.
You're now at L-2. Are you going to try and do a better job of convincing us why we shouldn't lynch you than that?

A good defense is a stellar offense. Who should be we be focused on and why?
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (isolation #18) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:40 am

Post by dcorbe »

At L-1 I would say it's time for a claim but he's already claimed :) Can anyone think of a reason not to drop the hammer? Please speak up now.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (isolation #19) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:44 am

Post by dcorbe »

Greasy Spot wrote:
dcorbe wrote:
icemanE wrote:Also, yeah, I still don't understand the "breadcrumbing". Most often people breadcrumb when they're a protown power role as a way of trying to reveal info without claiming. I don't see how it would be at all advantageous to breadcrumb as scum, so I don't buy that part of the argument.
It's not advantageous to breadcrum as scum and that's sort of the point.

Whether it's a weak tell or a strong tell is also an irrelevant point. The point of the vote was to try and get a pressure wagon going on him and it worked because now he's dropping scum tells.
Iceman makes a good point saying it is not advantageous to breadcrumb as scum. Then dcorbe counters that with a good arguement.

Here's the deal as I see it. Scum don't need to breadcrumb as scum. If they want to breadcrumb as a cop or a doc to throw the town off that could be a good play later on. However it does not benefit scum to breadcrumb as scum.
Which is why hinting that you have inside knowledge of the game setup is a tell. Only scum would have such knowledge. There are plenty of examples of this on MS, some of which I have witnessed. I wish I had gospel to quote but then I would be talking about ongoing games which is a no-no.
Greasy Spot wrote: As far as putting pressure on someone to see if they pop this is a good method. I believe Doktor Per has popped from the pressure but I'm not sure yet if he is scum.

I think dcorbe should be looked at closely for pushing this lynch. I could be wrong but I don't think Doktor Per is not scummy enough to lynch yet.
I'm not really pushing the lynch anymore. I'm not the one who put him at L-1. Asking for a claim when he's L-1 is protocol but he already claimed, so I wanted him to say something in his own defense. The only reason anyone at all is still "pushing" for his lynch is because he's doing such a horrible job. I'm not going to unvote until I have a better lynch target for the day, and if he does get lynched and turns up town (which I'm doubtful of) it will be his own fault
Greasy Spot wrote:
Post42 wrote:
Doktor Per wrote:
dcorbe wrote: And in all seriousness, how do you know how many scum there are in this game? Breadcrum much?
Unvote, Vote Doktor Per
According to the formula there should be three or four scum.
unvote

That was one of the scummiest posts I've ever read.
vote: dcorbe

If you are town, your paranoid antics will only hold us back. I will laugh if you will have the cop lynched.
This is no way indicates he is claiming cop or any other power role. He is simply saying he thinks you are going to push the wrong lynch eventually and it's going to be the cop.
Doktor Per wrote:I am a vanilla, mark my words, I just find his silly "OMG PARANOIA! SERIOUS BUSINESS" silly and stupid. The ideal ratio for scum versus town is one scum per three town. If there were five scum, if we would lose three town in short succession, it's much too easy for scum to win that way. Three is leaning towards town, while four would seem somewhat ideal.

Instead of realizing that not liking puns = Mafia is a joke, you all jump on the dcorbe bandwagon, because he decides that paranoia (or pointing fingers) is a really good tactic. Or this is all a inter Mafia scheme to distance us so in the end game, Dcorbe will be trusted and can take you hosers out one by one. HA HA HA!

What is going to happen now is that I get lynched, turn up as vanilla, someone speculates about me being scum miller or whatever you crazies do.

Jesus Christ guys, way to not have a sense of humor. I forgot that Mafia is SRS BSNSS.

Holding on for you to over interpret my post :) You can do it, lovable scamps.
I hardly think this is a claim. More of a clarification to the twist dcorbe is trying to put on it.
I'm not twisting his words, you're just not paying close enough attention to things when you do rereads. He did claim. Loud and clear, and while he was nowhere near L-1

In his own words:
Doktor Per wrote: 47 I claim vanilla, what of it? I'm accused of soft claiming when I call Dcorbe a paranoid silly, so I just claim and come clean, I've seen this kind of stuff roll before.
It doesn't get any less ambiguous than that.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (isolation #20) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:02 am

Post by dcorbe »

StrangerCoug wrote:Define "dumb" and tell me how it applies to your case on me.
Ask yourself.. What do you expect his answer is going to be? It isn't going to be a pleasant one and it's not going to help your case any. He's going to pick you apart.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (isolation #21) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:25 pm

Post by dcorbe »

icemanE wrote:The problem I have with a StangerCoug lynch today is that we already have a claim from Dok. ... I don't like forcing more claims than necessary on day one - it makes things easy for the scum.
Out of curiosity, if you're so sure that both Dok and Coug are safe bets for lynches, then why would we have anything to risk by pushing multiple wagons?

Dok claimed early, and that's one of the reasons he's at L-1 right now.

I'm definitely for running wagons on D1 because it gives us useful information to go on for D2. Based on the last couple of games I've been in I'm almost to the point were I think wagoning people is the only way to have a productive D1.

Besides, Coug is dropping scum tells but there's no telling that he's going to drop enough of them to get himself to L-1
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (isolation #22) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:29 pm

Post by dcorbe »

FoS: icemanE
for trying to rush a lynch. If he's going to get lynched it will happen one way or another. Let the town run its course first before settling on a lynch target.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (isolation #23) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:41 pm

Post by dcorbe »

icemanE wrote: That's a good point, but are you not satisfied with the results gleaned from the Dok bandwagon?
I am extremely satisfied and I would support a Dok lynch right now, but if there's other ways for us to get any more information out D1 on anyone else, we should explore it to its fullest potential before dropping the hammer on Dok.

These things tend to run a natural course. If there's no reason to wagon him past L-3 or L-2 then he won't be. If; however, he is wagoned and starts dropping scum tells...

I guess what I'm trying to say is I trust the town's judgement to wagon to appropriate levels. If he can hold up a good defense he won't need to claim.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (isolation #24) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:52 am

Post by dcorbe »

@StrangerCoug: GS started this bandwagon, not RS. The fact that you're insisting that he did makes you look more scummy. I'd move my vote over but you're at L-1 right now and haven't claimed yet.

Claim now, please.
StrangerCoug wrote: Cephrir, your post stretches the page. I'd ask you to edit, but unfortunately only the mod can do that.
QFT.

@Cephrir: Please don't EVER do that again. Highly annoying. I'm going to be rich and famous one day when I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the Internet.

@Mod:
Since there's no actual content in that post can you edit it? That page is so difficult to navigate now and I'm sure someone is going to want to go back to it and read it eventually.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (isolation #25) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:47 am

Post by dcorbe »

farside22 wrote:
Anyone tell me how to edit that thing?
I was able to use table but only half the page got fixed. Advice would be helpful
Just remove it from out of his post.

Fixed. Sorry about that.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (isolation #26) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:41 am

Post by dcorbe »

StrangerCoug wrote:Greasy Spot may or may not have started my bandwagon, but Rogue Shenanigans remains my center of attention, and I refuse to claim until he gives a reason for his vote other than just "I'd rather he die".

If I am to be lynched, I want to be lynched informed of why I got voted so I can learn from my mistakes for next time. I learn nothing for the future if the votes on me are not explained.

Please note that "I refuse to claim until" does not mean "I refuse to claim period".
There's no reason for you to refuse to claim right now. If you want to "reflect" on what you did wrong or ask him any questions about what you could have done differently, that's what the endgame is for. Wait until then.

I don't even care about your claim anymore because you haven't even hinted that you might have a power role, which pretty much makes your claim so that it is NOT your saving grace.

I'm going to go ahead and hammer.

Unvote, Vote: StrangerCoug
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (isolation #27) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:49 am

Post by dcorbe »

icemanE wrote: like, if I claim it'll be bad for the town
If you have a power role PLEASE don't breadcrum about it on D1 because it's a sure fire way to get yourself NK'd before we can take advantage of your powers.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (isolation #28) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:50 am

Post by dcorbe »

StrangerCoug wrote:
icemanE wrote:That being said I believe StrangerCoug is scum based on his reaction to being put at L-1. He gives no reasons for not claiming (like, if I claim it'll be bad for the town)
Baloney. Rogue Shenanigans managed to get a number of votes off Doktor Per and on me and has not explained why. My refusal to claim is to get this explanation.
How exactly did he manage that? I don't see that he did nothing more than to hop on your wagon. GS is the one you should be going after, he started your wagon and provided more than enough reason to get others to hop on.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (isolation #29) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:56 am

Post by dcorbe »

TWILIGHT
Star Bright
First star I see tonight
I wish I may