Mini 611a - Troy, Meet Helen (Restarting)

Hadhfang
Hadhfang
Goon
Hadhfang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:35 am

Post by Hadhfang »

Walnut, what is your obsesson for looking for non-standard scum tells? Are you worried that you might make some and get noticed?

And also:
netlava wrote: He prefaces that question by pointing out that "you say Blackberry is scummy," which leads Charter to that conclusion. "Rank his scumminess" also implies that the action was scummy.
CF Riot wrote: Charter you say Blackberry's actions seem odd. On a scale of 1-10 rank his scumminess in your eyes right now.
netlava, it really doesn't take any effort to go back to page 2 and see what was actually written. I think you just reiterated your previous response, or that of someone elses
netlava wrote:Battousai - I don't know yet - he may be more scummy than I previously thought
Care to elaborate?

And, a contradiciton from yourself netlava:
netlava wrote:
Macavenger wrote: Explain why the timing of my vote is off, but Hadhfang's or Battousai's isn't.

Had was the first to vote, and his reason was pretty trivial. It seemed more of an upgrade over a random vote. On the other hand, your reason indicated the beginnings of a case on Charter.

This is post 110, saying my post was in your eyes pretty trivial.

But then in 113, both on the same page you say
netlava wrote:I'm not so sure about Had's and Battousai's votes either, but yours just feels the most suspect.
So now you do think my vote on charter was suspicious.

Also, look at post 33, netlava calls Scumtell but with no reason
35, CF Riot asks why
36, Netlava backs off claiming he needs more time before he can explain it.

Then there are a plethora of reasons you have come out with as to why the question on page2 is a scum tell
netlava wrote: The question, "On a scale of 1-10 rank his scumminess," is scummy because it's not a question one would ask when suspecting someone, which makes me doubt your earlier claim that you suspected Charter when asking that question.
netlava wrote: This post is scummy because of the way you force charter to take a stance on Blackberry this early in the game while placing the responsibility entirely on him. Charter says Blackberry's actions seem odd? What do they like seem to you? I would consider that a loaded question
And you say words to the effect of "The action is scummy because it is a loaded question."
netlava wrote:But more importantly, it leads Charter to the conclusion that Blackberry's action was scummy with the phrase "
Then there is another contradiction:
netlava wrote:But more importantly, it leads Charter to the conclusion that Blackberry's action was scummy with the phrase "you say that blackberry's actions seem
odd
." The question almost expects Charter to find Blackberry scummy and makes not finding Blackberry scummy a direct disagreement with his previous post.
netlava wrote: He prefaces that question by pointing out that "you say Blackberry is scummy,"
when you just admitted he didn't!

Vote:Netlava
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:58 am

Post by CF Riot »

charter wrote:I don't need to vote someone to scumhunt, do I?
Nowhere in my post did I suggest there was something wrong with you not voting. I only meant that because you haven't, I don't know who you suspect the most.
charter wrote:How am I accusing of everyone? Everyone would mean more than you, mac, battousai, and tinsley.
And Hadhfang, and Acid. That's 6 people out of 12. Minus you, minus BB and Near for hardly anything to read. That means you suspect 6 out of 9 people. Nothing wrong with this per say, it just makes it seem like you have a sort of paranoia style which makes it hard to say who you really suspect and who you're just trying to get a feel of. I personally think the way
you specifically
are doing this is scummy.

Your post 148 really bothers me. Looks to me like you changed your mind pretty fast after just laying down your opinions. Your question to Near doesn't do anything to help the town. He's been asked already to post his thoughts, and it's implied he do so anyway because of how the game is played.
charter wrote:[Riot] doesn't even care about anything but lynching me or netlava.
Point to me where in the game I give you the idea I want to lynch Netlava so bad. I'm not only focused on you either. Trust me, I'm paying close attention to everything that's going on here but of all the people I've questioned so far none of them give me any reason to suspect them like you have.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:10 pm

Post by Mizzy »

Vote Count:

charter: 3 (Tinsley, CF Riot, Battousai)
Netlava: 2 (Macavenger, Hadhfang)
Macavenger: 1 (Acidmix)
CF Riot: 1 (Netlava)
Near: 1 (Walnut)
Hadhfang: 1 (Blackberry)

Not Voting:
ShadowGirl, charter, Near

12 alive, 7 to lynch!
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:13 pm

Post by Mizzy »

Blackberry has been prodded.
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:21 pm

Post by Mizzy »

Mizzy wrote:
Blackberry has been prodded.
Blackberry responded to the prod via PM.

Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:40 pm

Post by Blackberry »

Honestly I'm just skimming through right now.

CF Riot -- yes you may call me BB (it's what I'm called in scumchat)

Acid gives me town vibes, but I can't tell if it's genuine or if I warmed up to him cuz he said he thinks I am pro-town (lol).

Something CF said makes me think he is pro-town.

I don't like post 79 (Netlava) I disagree with the "if this person flips that" of Netlava's. And just the wording "I don't think he is necessary innocent or guilty" feels scummy to me.

hadhfang -- post 81 -- I like that he admits he thinks a player may be a power role/overeager (something I wouldn't suspect scum to admit) but then he goes on to keep his vote on him. This seems odd.

Mac -- Tinsley said ..
Regarding Blackberry's refusal to random vote - I looked at a few of his recent games and he didn't random vote to start there either
. In my mind mafia wouldn't do research like that (and if they did it would only be to incriminate someone) but he does it here in a non-incriminating manner. BUT, I do admit, his other posts strike me as iffy.

Acidmix -- once again I like this post (89) --- not to mention, because I know his read on me is correct (which I would say whether i'm scum or town :P) it gives me slight confidence in my stance on CF riot

Hadhfang (90) don't like this post

SCUM: Charter + Hadhfang

Unvote, VOTE: Charter

I'm fairly certain they are scum (that combined with my tiredness is why I stopped skimming, lol).

Back to Tinsley -- I'm getting suspiscious of those defending Charter/attacking CF Riot. Then again, mafia wouldn't all be so obvious together, so I'm not sure. It's hard to think about things, because you know mafia aren't going to be all obvious together but you can't help but suspect the people that are being scummy AND defending eachother.

Ahhhhh.

BB
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:55 pm

Post by Netlava »

Odd implies scummy, people. :roll:
CF Riot wrote:Charter you say Blackberry's actions seem
odd
. On a scale of 1-10 rank his
scumminess
in your eyes right now.
hadhfang wrote:Although I can't see this as a scum tell, but slightly odd play.
omg, hypocrite
Macavenger wrote:Really? What's suspect about Hadhfang's vote? Cause you didn't seem to imply that you found anything suspect about his when you brought it up earlier.
I changed my mind. Right now, I find batt and had to be the most scummy (explained later).
Shadowgirl wrote:Why do you suspect ShadowGirl?
Initially, after reading that post I found it strange that was the one thing she had questions about, but upon second consideration, it seems like a simple clarification question.
Macavenger wrote:He said "odd" not "scummy," and it was a direct quote of charter's own words. These do not mean remotely the same thing, and he wasn't leading charter at all.
Big difference!
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:17 pm

Post by Netlava »

Part II The breakthrough

CF Riot has been giving me pro-town vibes as much as I find his actions scummy. Therefore, after re-reading the thread, I think had is scum. Batt would be my second choice.
battousai wrote:As you can see, not answering questions is bad. Now I don't think you should be lynched based on that alone, but I will add my vote on you to add on even more pressure.
Implies not answering questions is somehow lynch-worthy.
hadhfang wrote:I'm thinking now that Charter may be an overeager town player or have a power role which might account for his defensivness. Still, I'm going to keep my vote on him for now, becuase I'm not entirely convinced he isn't scum.
Discusses power roles, and not convinced he
isn't
scum? You were convinced in the first place?
hadhfang wrote:I think that you are perhaps a bit too over eager to defend your actions, This might be a scum tell, but i'm going ot see where this leads.

Damn that vote was useful. A few posts later and you unvote, having gained the wonderful insight of that vote, Anyways, defensiveness as a possible scumtell is the motif here.
hadhfang wrote:Thanks for confirming the obvious netlava, any chance you could answer the question now?
ANY CHANCE YOU COULD READ MY ANSWER!?
hadhfang wrote:I did make the point about him him being defensive, but to elaborate on that, I feel that Charter is being a bit too defensive at this moment in time, especially when considering that when he made that post he only had 2 votes on him (I think?) and one of which was a random vote.
Again, with the defensiveness theme. Is defensiveness is your main reason for voting Charter? I find pointing out defensiveness as the main reason for voting scummy because from my limited experience as scum, it is the reason I am most tempted to give. discuss.
battousai wrote:I see my vote has gotten a reaction out of you charter. Just so you know, just because I vote for you doesn't mean I want you lynched. I wanted to see how defensive you would become with an additional vote on you.
Post implies you expect charter to be defensive after voting him. Then you use that as a scumtell!

---

To summarize:

Had is scum, batt is probably the second. Third, dunno yet.

Unvote, Vote: Hadhfang
Walnut
Walnut
Goon
Walnut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:44 pm

Post by Walnut »

Hadfhang wrote:Walnut, what is your obsesson for looking for non-standard scum tells? Are you worried that you might make some and get noticed?
Actually, no. What I am more worried about is that it is easy to lynch people based on "standard" scum tells, when those people are often not scum. If you say "Player A showed standard scumtell 1, 2 and 3" then lynch them and find out that they were town, people don't take responsibility for the mislynch, they just blame it on Player A's bad play. The sad truth is that you are still down a townie, which may have been avoidable. So I guess what I am saying is sure, point out why someone's play could be seen as scummy, but don't make the logical leap from someone showing something that is a known as a standard scumtell to being convinced that they are scum. Macavenger does well in avoiding this in his comment on Acidmix's vote on him being something to ignore rather than a definite scumtell.
Macavenger wrote:This is not at all helpful. Stop now. Very suspicious that you could be trying to draw attention to minor tells you might commit and not mark any major ones, hoping they slip by as a result.
Sorry Macavenger, I am not following your script. That is exactly what I am trying to say. I am challenging you to use your brain and interpret what you see before you, not to simply use a mental list of known scumtells and check them off as they go by (references power roles? check/// insinuates that he is town? check/// shows concern for rep for next day? check/// defends another player? check etc). I would also challenge your definition of helpful, in that whatever is posted here may be helpful to some member of the town, even if not to you. A bit like someone answering a question for someone else- it is not the result that you desired, but it is still unquestionably part of the puzzle.

And what is with the "Stop now."? Should we all be following your playing style? Are you 7 for 7 or what?
Reading your signature makes me feel guilty and helpless.
Walnut
Walnut
Goon
Walnut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:39 am

Post by Walnut »

A couple of times I have come up on people's "not posting enough" lists. Basically, due to timezones and lifestyle, it tends to be that I when I get to log in a bunch of stuff has been written since I last logged in. I post something in response to that. Then, usually no one else has posted when it is time for me to log out, so I log out without posting again. In this case, I am posting a couple of hours after I last posted, and the usual story holds.
Walnut
Walnut
Goon
Walnut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:45 am

Post by Walnut »

Triple post, sorry.

The advantage of hanging around this time is that I was able to ask the mod a question about game setup and get a reply back (thanks Mizzy). Based on that, FoS Netlava.
To summarize:

There is no game setup metadata that says that there are three scum. Would you care to explain?
Tinsley
Tinsley
Goon
Tinsley
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:58 am

Post by Tinsley »

Blackberry wrote: Back to Tinsley -- I'm getting suspiscious of those defending Charter/attacking CF Riot. Then again, mafia wouldn't all be so obvious together, so I'm not sure. It's hard to think about things, because you know mafia aren't going to be all obvious together but you can't help but suspect the people that are being scummy AND defending eachother.
I've never defended charter, unless suspecting CF Riot counts. I think the fact that CF Riot is concerned with what others think of him is slightly scummy (about a 4 on a scale from 1 to 10). :)

However, for right now I'm comfortable with my vote as it stands due to:

a) charter refusing to answer Riot's question. Why would you not answer a question unless you had something to hide?
b) His defensiveness afterwards
c) The fact that he only suspects those that have accused him (for the most part).
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:24 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

[quote="Netlava:]
Shadowgirl wrote:Why do you suspect ShadowGirl?
Initially, after reading that post I found it strange that was the one thing she had questions about, but upon second consideration, it seems like a simple clarification question.
[/quote]
Macavenger said that, not me.
Tinsley
Tinsley
Goon
Tinsley
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:14 am

Post by Tinsley »

Netlava wrote:Odd implies scummy, people. :roll:
So then charter called BB's refusal to random vote scummy, seeing as he said it was odd himself.

ShadowGirl - You want proof that CF Riot's words are being twisted, what do you think of how Netlava/CF Riot's interpretations of his question.

charter - What do you think of it?
Hadhfang
Hadhfang
Goon
Hadhfang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:17 am

Post by Hadhfang »

Netlava wrote:Odd implies scummy, people. :roll:
Then we are looking at different dictionaries. odd to me means slightly stange, not scummy.

The rest of your post is trying to justify you twisitng peoples words, and your fairly liberal application of hte word scummy throughout. Odd and scummy are not the same thing, as much as you may like them to be.

Blackberry, what don't you like about my post 90?
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:34 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

Html seems to hate me today.

Hn, I don't know. When I think of 'odd' I think that something is off, and off would lead to scummy, wouldn't it?
Hadhfang
Hadhfang
Goon
Hadhfang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:40 am

Post by Hadhfang »

Netlava wrote:Part II The breakthrough
and my response.

Netlava wrote:
battousai wrote:As you can see, not answering questions is bad.
Now I don't think you should be lynched based on that alone,
but I will add my vote on you to add on even more pressure.
Oh look! netlava's twisiting people's words, there's a first! :roll:

netlava wrote:
hadhfang wrote:I'm thinking now that Charter may be an overeager town player or have a power role which might account for his defensivness. Still, I'm going to keep my vote on him for now, becuase I'm not entirely convinced he isn't scum.
Discusses power roles, and not convinced he
isn't
scum? You were convinced in the first place?
I mentioned it was a possibility, but to me it seemed that charter was more likely to be scum than have a power role, Also interesting is that you only notice this once Blackberry points it out.

netlava wrote:
hadhfang wrote:I think that you are perhaps a bit too over eager to defend your actions, This might be a scum tell, but i'm going ot see where this leads.

Damn that vote was useful. A few posts later and you unvote, having gained the wonderful insight of that vote,
An insight you seem to have overlooked. During those "few posts" I was
netlava wrote:Questioning CF Riot for more correct reasons, and appears to be doing so honestly.
Oh look! you said that! Now your saying that I wasn't, also after blackberry has made the suggestion that I might be scum,
netlava wrote:
hadhfang wrote:Thanks for confirming the obvious netlava, any chance you could answer the question now?
ANY CHANCE YOU COULD READ MY ANSWER!?
your answer consisted of "well duh" post. that didn't answer my request
hadhfang wrote: Whoops, I wrote the rest of the post but forgot to finish this bit. I'd like to ask what your reading on CF Riot is at the moment?
I was hoping for a bit more substance than "I think he is scummy" Something like to what extent and possible links with others would have been nice.
netlava wrote:
hadhfang wrote:I did make the point about him him being defensive, but to elaborate on that, I feel that Charter is being a bit too defensive at this moment in time, especially when considering that when he made that post he only had 2 votes on him (I think?) and one of which was a random vote.
Again, with the defensiveness theme. Is defensiveness is your main reason for voting Charter? I find pointing out defensiveness as the main reason for voting scummy because from my limited experience as scum, it is the reason I am most tempted to give. discuss.

Remember this is day 1. Charter was defensive from the first question posed to him. That to me seemed too defensive for a power roll player, hence my remaining vote on charter at the point i theorised it was a possibility. I was fairly convinced that he was scum, but there was the tiny possibility that he was a power role.
netlava wrote:
battousai wrote:I see my vote has gotten a reaction out of you charter. Just so you know, just because I vote for you doesn't mean I want you lynched. I wanted to see how defensive you would become with an additional vote on you.
Post implies you expect charter to be defensive after voting him. Then you use that as a scumtell!
Again, it's not that he's just being defensive in general, its that the first question he was asked he refused to answer.

To Summerize:

Netlava is staying true to form and twisting words, and it looks like trying to influence a bandwagon by repeating what has already been said, Charter still seems scummy to me, but there is a possibilty that he has a power role (though it seems unlikely), no idea on a third.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:09 am

Post by charter »

Walnut wrote:Triple post, sorry.

The advantage of hanging around this time is that I was able to ask the mod a question about game setup and get a reply back (thanks Mizzy). Based on that, FoS Netlava.
To summarize:

There is no game setup metadata that says that there are three scum. Would you care to explain?
This is very interesting. While it's fairly normal for their to be three scum in a 12 person mini, his certainty of it is suspicious.
Tinsley wrote:
Blackberry wrote: Back to Tinsley -- I'm getting suspiscious of those defending Charter/attacking CF Riot. Then again, mafia wouldn't all be so obvious together, so I'm not sure. It's hard to think about things, because you know mafia aren't going to be all obvious together but you can't help but suspect the people that are being scummy AND defending eachother.
I've never defended charter, unless suspecting CF Riot counts. I think the fact that CF Riot is concerned with what others think of him is slightly scummy (about a 4 on a scale from 1 to 10). :)

However, for right now I'm comfortable with my vote as it stands due to:

a) charter refusing to answer Riot's question. Why would you not answer a question unless you had something to hide?
b) His defensiveness afterwards
c) The fact that he only suspects those that have accused him (for the most part).
This is crap.
a) You're implying that not answering a question, no matter what it is, makes me scum. The question he asked I thought to be loaded. What on earth could I have had to hide by not answering that question? Tell me that and I'll agree that my not answering makes me scum... Plus there was nothing he could hope to learn from that question (which is why I thought it was loaded, why ask it if he can't possibly learn something from it, if not to twist it into an argument against me). I realize now that this was bound to happen either way, so I guess it didn't matter.
b) Of course I'm going to get defensive if everyone piles on me for what I believe a trivial reason, and if there is no one else being questioned at the beginning.
c) I don't suspect BB, and Netlava's certainty of 3 scum is troubling me. Acid never accused me. Battousai didn't come up with his own reasons, I suspect him because he CANT come up with his own reasons. I suspect Riot for his only going after me. I suspect Mac because he's given me scum vibes. I suspect you because you restate everyone else's arguments and just jumped on my wagon. You're being an excellent follower.
Tinsley wrote:charter - What do you think of it?
What is it? If it is Netlava saying odd implies scummy, he's clearly being fecetious. Note the rolleyes smily. He said that after Riot or Mac asked him the same question half a dozen times and just ignored his answer every time.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:27 am

Post by Blackberry »

Netlava -- I like netlava's recent posts and am glad he has come to the realization had is most likely scum (lol).

Had -- I don't like the fact that after someone says "I don't think it's xxxx and xxxx" you try to counter their thoughts and make them think otherwise. I may or may not be correct when thinking this next thought: but the way you talk to him it's like you're trying to convince a townie otherwise. You are not considering he may be scum with an alternate plan. Just the way you speak to him is as if you know he is a pro-town player? Am I making sense? lol.

Tinsley -- I do consider attacking the person that is attack charter as defending him. If one has a scum partner and does not want to get their partner lynched their options are to defend them or attack someone else.

Had -- The whole rolling your eyes thing and saying "Oh look!" in the last post is odd to me. "Oh look!", to me, sounds like scum being excited they found mistakes in others...

Grrr, ok so I was thinking back and fourth about maybe it's just had's personality that strikes me as odd. So I looked at how long he has played. And he's been here a year but not too many games. So iunno. I was considering "what if it is had's personality that is weird to me and that he is really town." And then I considered a Netlava + charter possibility instead. But I don't know.

Had -- This, once again, strikes me as odd
there is a possibilty that he has a power role (though it seems unlikely), no idea on a third.
Why would you think he has a power role? And yet then you say it seems unlikely?
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:48 am

Post by Blackberry »

Oh yeah, quick question.

Had -- where have you seen me random vote before?
Hadhfang
Hadhfang
Goon
Hadhfang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:27 am

Post by Hadhfang »

Blackberry wrote:Oh yeah, quick question.

Had -- where have you seen me random vote before?
Mini 549, I was looking through archived games, generally completed ones. I hadn't played since /cows mini, and I decided to read through some of the normal mini's, since I've generally been a bigger fan of themed mini's and haven't really touched normal mini's before. having said that, looking back at it, you did mention your general detest of random voting, seems I missed that.

Blackberry wrote:Netlava -- I like netlava's recent posts and am glad he has come to the realization had is most likely scum (lol).

Had -- I don't like the fact that after someone says "I don't think it's xxxx and xxxx" you try to counter their thoughts and make them think otherwise. I may or may not be correct when thinking this next thought: but the way you talk to him it's like you're trying to convince a townie otherwise. You are not considering he may be scum with an alternate plan. Just the way you speak to him is as if you know he is a pro-town player? Am I making sense? lol.
I'm assuming this is a response to why you don't like post 90? or am I wrong there?
Blackberry wrote: Had -- The whole rolling your eyes thing and saying "Oh look!" in the last post is odd to me. "Oh look!", to me, sounds like scum being excited they found mistakes in others...
It probably was my personality coming out, i generally tend to be faily sardonic unfortunatley, and I was pointing out that netlava's post was yet another in a long line of posts that puts words into peoples mouths, which was annoying me.
Blackberry wrote: Had -- This, once again, strikes me as odd
there is a possibilty that he has a power role (though it seems unlikely), no idea on a third.
Why would you think he has a power role? And yet then you say it seems unlikely?
Like I said before, Charter's overly defensive nature from the word go seemed to suggest that he wasn't a vanilla townie. it seemed to me (and still does) that he is scum, there is the possibility however, that he might not be, but I don't think his behaviour is rational enough to be considered vanilla. You will also notice that I didn't say I thought he did have a power role, I said that it was a possibility.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:53 am

Post by CF Riot »

There's been a lot happening since my last post so I tried to address things in the order I saw them in. I think I may have accidentally switched two of them, but they weren't related to it should be fine.

@ Netlava
CF Riot wrote:Earlier in a post I asked you why you were defending Charter. This didn't force you to take Charter's side. Despite the way I phrased it, you said "I'm not defending him. He could be innocent or guilty." Explain?
You didn't answer my question. (Now that I look at it, it seems to be unclear. What I want to know is why you think my question to Charter only leaves him one answer, but not my question to you.)

@ Acidmix
CF Riot wrote:Acid are you sure Mac was lying about what you said in his question? Do you think Mac was trying to twist your words, or that he misread what you meant because of the way you answered?
You haven't posted since I first wrote this so it's no big deal, but since people have been ignoring my questions I thought I'd repost it for you.

@ Charter
CF Riot wrote:Point to me where in the game I give you the idea I want to lynch Netlava so bad.
You didn't answer my question either, or admit to making a mistake.

Walnut at the beginning of the game I didn't think you were posting enough either but you've cleared yourself from that list. I think Near for sure and Acidmix for maybe are the only ones left lurking.

Tinsley, I'm glad I used that scale page 2, if only for everyone to get a kick out of it later. (=

I like post 166 by Hadhfang. I don't agree with everything he's saying but he is explaining himself well, supporting his opinions with detail, and sticking to his claims when they are challenged.
charter wrote:What on earth could I have had to hide by not answering that question? Tell me that and I'll agree that my not answering makes me scum...
By not answering it you keep your true opinion hidden from the town by leaving your original post which was vague and open for interpretation.
charter wrote:Plus there was nothing he could hope to learn from that question,
Had you actually given a number, I could continue to watch your posts to see if they reflect that same opinion later or change to agree with someone else, ie being a follower to avoid suspicion. Because you didn't answer, I did learn you seemed to have something to hide, you continue to appear to be a follower, and you didn't want to take a stance on BB if you didn't have to.
charter wrote:If it is Netlava saying odd implies scummy, he's clearly being fecetious. Note the rolleyes smily.
Again I have to disagree with you. I think you're taking one of Netlava's posts as a joke when he is being serious, for the second time. How can anyone not be convinced Charter is Mafia? This is the point in the game where I would've dropped my vote on Charter to signify I'm not just scumhunting anymore, I think I have one. Since I can't revote for him or anything, I'd like to officially announce I'm pushing for a true Charter lynch.

BB the first time you posted your thoughts on the town all together and suspected a lot of them I said it felt scummy to me for a split second, but you've stuck to it so I can tell this is how you play. Now that I have more posts from you to go on I'm liking the way you post more and more.
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:41 pm

Post by Macavenger »

Netlava wrote:Odd implies scummy, people.
CF Riot wrote:Charter you say Blackberry's actions seem
odd
. On a scale of 1-10 rank his
scumminess
in your eyes right now.
No. It doesn't. At all. I'm awed by your ability to bold two unrelated words.

Odd means unusual. Unusual does not necessarily mean something scum would do.

Just for fun, I looked up odd on Dictionary.com's thesaurus. One of the synonym's that came up was 'strange.' You called my confirming by saying 'firmcon' 'strange.' So, by your words, you think confirming by saying 'firmcon' is scummy. Seriously? Do you see how totally absurd this is?

Odd is not scummy.
Netlava wrote:
Macavenger wrote:Really? What's suspect about Hadhfang's vote? Cause you didn't seem to imply that you found anything suspect about his when you brought it up earlier.
I changed my mind. Right now, I find batt and had to be the most scummy (explained later).
Nope, no backsies. It doesn't work this way. My post was the only one in between those two posts you made, and it provided no new information on Hadhfang's vote. You don't get to just suddenly change your mind like that. That's a scummy action.
Netlava wrote:CF Riot has been giving me pro-town vibes as much as I find his actions scummy. Therefore, after re-reading the thread, I think had is scum. Batt would be my second choice.
Translation: "Shit, people realized the bullshit wagon I started on CF Riot was bullshit. I need to start another bullshit wagon so they don't lynch me or my buddy charter!"

Seriously, this is another example where you don't just get to change your mind cause you feel like it. The timing of this is just too unbelievably convenient. Right as the pressure on CF Riot dissipates, you suddenly find him townie, after all those posts you spent attacking him, giving no indication you thought there was any chance he was town? This is bullshit. You're changing your mind on him because you're scum, and realized you can't mislynch him.
Netlava wrote:
Battousai wrote:As you can see, not answering questions is bad. Now I don't think you should be lynched based on that alone, but I will add my vote on you to add on even more pressure.

Funny cause when I read Battousai's sentence, it implies exactly the opposite. He says he
doesn't
want to lynch you just on that. Could you please at least try to hide the fact that you're twisting everyone's words to say what you want? This feels like shooting fish in a barrel, not a game.
Netlava wrote:
Damn that vote was useful. A few posts later and you unvote, having gained the wonderful insight of that vote, Anyways, defensiveness as a possible scumtell is the motif here.
Actually yes, it was useful. Seeing how people react to votes is a great way to get a read on them, especially if overdefensiveness is one of the main things they're being accused for.
Netlava wrote:
Battousai wrote:I see my vote has gotten a reaction out of you charter. Just so you know, just because I vote for you doesn't mean I want you lynched. I wanted to see how defensive you would become with an additional vote on you.
More of Netlava's standard twisting. He'd already voted him when he said that. The vote was clearly to see how he reacted, i.e. whether he became more defensive or not. It's called seeing something scummy, giving the target an opporutnity to slip further, and seeing if they do or not. There was nothing slightly scummy about what Battousai did there, and you're misrepresenting what he's trying to do once again.
Walnut wrote:Sorry Macavenger, I am not following your script. That is exactly what I am trying to say. I am challenging you to use your brain and interpret what you see before you, not to simply use a mental list of known scumtells and check them off as they go by (references power roles? check/// insinuates that he is town? check/// shows concern for rep for next day? check/// defends another player? check etc). I would also challenge your definition of helpful, in that whatever is posted here may be helpful to some member of the town, even if not to you. A bit like someone answering a question for someone else- it is not the result that you desired, but it is still unquestionably part of the puzzle.
Good job, that's exactly what I've been doing. You point out one instance of this yourself about my thing with Acidmix - voting for crap reasons is a standard scumtell, but I skipped it here because in context, I see no reason for him to be doing it as scum. I've also done this with CF Riot this game, and I'm doing it here with you - that's the whole point of me telling you to quit marking your own "scumtells." Doing so isn't anything near a standard scumtell, but it could be one, because pointing out your own would make it easier for you to try to slip some, standard or nonstandard, by the rest of the town. Hence, trying to point out your own scumtells is something I would consider scummy, as there's no benefit to doing it as town, but there is benefit to doing it as scum. That's why I told you to quit doing it.

Anyone who goes by a literal list like the one you give there and lynches only based on that is probably scum looking for easy lynches anyway. Of the ones you list, power roles is a decent one, insinuating town isn't at all, concern for rep is situational and usually weak depending on how it's done, and defending is extremely situational.

The tells I'm using on Netlava are mainly twisting what people say to mean what he wants, and backtracking/flip flopping. These are relatively standard tells, but they're both pretty strong (if situational, in the case of flip flopping). I'm also not applying them blindly. Twisting once or twice can be a legitimate mistake by a townie misinterpreting what someone said. Netlava hasn't done it once or twice, he's doing it multiple times per post. He's also doing it in very malicious ways, i.e. reading things into questions or arguments people are making that aren't really there, in ways that make legitimate, protown questioning look scummy. His opinion changes are also rapid and have poor reasoning, which is what constitutes scummy flip flopping. Wish I could talk about a big argument I just had in an ongoing game here. If a townie takes a couple days, rereads the thread, and comes back with new suspicions and good reasons for them, that isn't scummy. Changing opinions because a wagon evaporated or your old thought suddenly becomes inconvenient is, and it's what Netlava is doing.
Walnut wrote:The advantage of hanging around this time is that I was able to ask the mod a question about game setup and get a reply back (thanks Mizzy). Based on that, FoS Netlava.
To summarize:

So, after all your ranting about how mindlessly applying standard scumtells is bad, you pick out the bog-standard "how many scum are there slip" tell to accuse Netlava based on? This is terrible. First of all, 90% of the time that isn't a slip in the first place. Secondly, probably 98% of mini normals have 3 mafia/werewolves (plus possibly an SK, but that shouldn't be counted as a fourth in this context, since it's not part of the group) in them, so it's entirely valid to assume there are three.

There are more than enough good reasons to lynch Netlava right now. Let's stick to those and not make up shitty ones. While you're at it, why don't you ask some people some questions, or provide a bit more speculation on who you think the scum are than that one nearly-useless comment, instead of just commenting on parts of the game that happen to directly relate to you?
ShadowGirl wrote:Hn, I don't know. When I think of 'odd' I think that something is off, and off would lead to scummy, wouldn't it?
Situational. Depends on how it's off, and what the motivations are.
hadhfang wrote:Netlava is staying true to form and twisting words, and it looks like trying to influence a bandwagon by repeating what has already been said, Charter still seems scummy to me, but there is a possibilty that he has a power role (though it seems unlikely), no idea on a third.
Quoted because this was worth making people read again.
Blackberry wrote:Netlava -- I like netlava's recent posts and am glad he has come to the realization had is most likely scum (lol).
FoS: Blackberry

Guys, please seriously read all the stuff hadhfang and I have posted about Netlava's twisting and stuff. His arguments are so incredibly full of shit. Netlava is already the best day 1 lynch I've ever seen, or expect to see for the next year or two. He's repeatedly warping the hell out or what everyone is saying in ways that have no possible protown motivation. He needs to be strung up. There's still some chance charter might be a horribly misguided townie in my mind. Netlava's not. We're well past the "beyond a reasonable doubt" threshold here. Every post he's twisting stuff people say trying to make them look bad. His abrupt reversals of opinion come for no perceivable reason, and all at times that are very good for a scum player. He started the Riot wagon, pushed it really, really hard saying "I think you're guilty" multiple times and leaving no room for any doubt. Suddenly now, when it's clear that no one wants to lynch Riot, he doesn't suspect him anymore? And tries to start a new bandwagon by twisting someone's words to make him look bad, doing anything he can to direct attention away from the scummy charter? We can't let him get away with this. The scummy orca needs to die.

Confirm Vote: Netlava
"By far the towniest player in the game. Very good scum hunting, doesn't let anyone off the hook. All in all I find Mac's posts insightful and thought-provoking. " - Vel-Rahn Koon
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:18 pm

Post by Netlava »

walnut wrote:There is no game setup metadata that says that there are three scum. Would you care to explain?
I'm looking for 3 scum - it seems pretty standard in a 12 player game.
hadhfang wrote:Then we are looking at different dictionaries. odd to me means slightly stange, not scummy.
The only word you need to look up is "imply."

In the context of this game, odd IMPLIES scummy. Why do we point out that something is odd in this game? Is it simply because it's bizarre? No, we say it's strange because it can be interpreted as scummy behavior.

If we take it one step further, what is the definition of "strange?" Something that is not normal. In this game the "norm" is the town, which constitutes the majority of the players and is thus the standard for comparison. We are trying to weed out the deviations from the norm, which are the mafia. Therefore, strange -> mafia.

This "maliciously word twisting" theme is nonsense. You guys are just purposely misinterpreting my posts, and adding some drama to it.

If anything, this should lend credence to the idea that CF Riot's question was loaded, as his question purported the idea that saying something is odd -> scumminess. How come you don't question that?
hadhfang wrote:Oh look! netlava's twisiting people's words, there's a first!
Oh look! Had is just gonna take whatever I say next, and say I'm twisting people's words!

Alright, let's go back to the post:
battousai wrote:As you can see, not answering questions is bad. Now I don't think you should be lynched based on that alone, but I will add my vote on you to add on even more pressure.
My comment here was that it implies not answering questions is lynch worthy. Here, we look at the assumptions. Batt dispels the notion that Charter should be lynched solely because he didn't answer a question. To dispel this notion requires the assumption that a person should be lynched solely for that in the first place, which is an absurd idea. Consequently, batt's post seems fake. I also don't like how he subscribes to the general mantra "not answering questions is bad."
hadhfang wrote:I mentioned it was a possibility, but to me it seemed that charter was more likely to be scum than have a power role, Also interesting is that you only notice this once Blackberry points it out.
Doesn't change anything. Were you really convinced that Charter was scum just based off of that in the first place? I feel that the sentence, "I'm going to keep my vote on him for now, becuase I'm not entirely convinced he isn't scum" is an excuse for scum to leave their vote on someone in case he is lynched while they debate whether they are innocent or guilty.
hadhfang wrote:Remember this is day 1. Charter was defensive from the first question posed to him. That to me seemed too defensive for a power roll player, hence my remaining vote on charter at the point i theorised it was a possibility. I was fairly convinced that he was scum, but there was the tiny possibility that he was a power role.
I think defensiveness in general is a flawed scumtell. It varies too much from person to person.

Btw, had, the quote that where it says you are scumhunting for more "correct" reasons is actually macavenger's, not mine.
CF Riot wrote:You didn't answer my question. (Now that I look at it, it seems to be unclear. What I want to know is why you think my question to Charter only leaves him one answer, but not my question to you.)
How many times do I have to repeat myself?? Your question to Charter is loaded because you lead Charter to the conclusion that BB's action was scummy even though it was obvious he thought nothing much of it that early in the game. It also forces him to commit way too early in the game over apparently nothing.
CF Riot wrote:How can anyone not be convinced Charter is Mafia?
I think you're overplaying your "I take responsibility!!" act now. Weren't you debating on whether Charter were innocent just a moment ago? PS I don't think Charter is mafia.
Charter wrote:What is it? If it is Netlava saying odd implies scummy, he's clearly being fecetious. Note the rolleyes smily.
Not a joke :roll:
Macavenger wrote:No. It doesn't. At all. I'm awed by your ability to bold two unrelated words.
Maybe if you read the words in between, it would help.
Macavenger wrote:Nope, no backsies. It doesn't work this way. My post was the only one in between those two posts you made, and it provided no new information on Hadhfang's vote. You don't get to just suddenly change your mind like that. That's a scummy action.
I changed my mind. woohoo. Because obviously nothing new has happened in this game, am I right?
Macavenger wrote:Translation: "Shit, people realized the bullshit wagon I started on CF Riot was bullshit. I need to start another bullshit wagon so they don't lynch me or my buddy charter!"
LOL, you really think I'm buddies with Charter?

And the case against CF Riot is based around 2 primary themes. The first is his question and the second is the precaution he takes. However, CF Riot's third act, voting Charter to stick to his guns, strikes me as a newb act, so therefore I'm inclined to dismiss CF Riot as a newb townie.
Macavenger wrote:Seriously, this is another example where you don't just get to change your mind cause you feel like it. The timing of this is just too unbelievably convenient. Right as the pressure on CF Riot dissipates, you suddenly find him townie, after all those posts you spent attacking him, giving no indication you thought there was any chance he was town? This is bullshit. You're changing your mind on him because you're scum, and realized you can't mislynch him.
The timing is obvious. But what do you want me to do, pretend that it didn't change?
Macavenger wrote:Funny cause when I read Battousai's sentence, it implies exactly the opposite. He says he doesn't want to lynch you just on that. Could you please at least try to hide the fact that you're twisting everyone's words to say what you want? This feels like shooting fish in a barrel, not a game.
Look harder.
Macavenger wrote:The tells I'm using on Netlava are mainly twisting what people say to mean what he wants, and backtracking/flip flopping.
I think you're town, Macavenger, because you put quite some effort into that long post with a cocky attitude even though you're wrong.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:19 pm

Post by CF Riot »

Netlava wrote:
CF Riot wrote:You didn't answer my question. (Now that I look at it, it seems to be unclear. What I want to know is why you think my question to Charter only leaves him one answer, but not my question to you.)
How many times do I have to repeat myself?? Your question to Charter is loaded because you lead Charter to the conclusion that BB's action was scummy even though it was obvious he thought nothing much of it that early in the game. It also forces him to commit way too early in the game over apparently nothing.
You totally missed the point here. You said why you think Charter's is a loaded question, which I've read from you already. But the whole idea I want you to explain is how it is any different than the question I asked you? I'm referring to our interaction in posts 78 and 79. You know I wasn't leading you to a conclusion any less or any more than I was Charter, so why scummy in his instance but not yours? About me pressing for his lynch, it took about 2, 2 and a half pages for me to build my confidence on him. If you look at the posts from pages 5 to now(7), you'll see Charter has been extremely active and extremely scummy.

Walnut, I find the 3 mafia tell to be valid, but weak. I'd say a FoS on Netlava is appropriate right about now though.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”