mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #2202 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:14 am

Post by mathcam »

Wow. Talk about commanding some respect.

Cam
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2203 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:31 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Just imagine how much different the game would have been if the real doc had targeted mith as well. Then pj would have been dead n1 as well, making things very interesting.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2204 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:38 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Beep! Beep! wrote:I said mathcam was scum.
it was pretty obvious from MeMe's behaviour, Mathcam was screwed from the moment he joined the game, and did damn well to pull off a victory.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #2205 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:47 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

petroleumjelly wrote: If I had survived the night after the Iammars-lynch, I would have been angling for lynching mathcam or hasdgfas [the only person who can really vouch for this is probably al_kohaulec: since hasdgfas died and came up scum that same night, I wanted mathcam and Holy to be lynched, in that order of preference].
Yup, I can vouch for that. I was really doubtful that has was scum though, and I admit most of it was due to his role, which I was afraid that if he was scum, his role would've been the thing preventing me from attacking him.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #2206 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:52 am

Post by mith »

Me being alive instead of pj certainly would have changed things, nightgame-wise; quack wouldn't have had any reason to suspect he was the quack, and I would've had two innocent results on me. (I would've gone after you, cow, for what it's worth.)

cow, why did you decide to go after CKD when you did? I guess there was suspicion on you guys and you had the numbers to afford a bussing, but you were a mislynch away from a win. Claiming a cop result on pretty much any of the innocents would probably have won the game immediately - you only had to convince one innocent you were legit.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #2207 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:55 am

Post by mith »

And BM, your "obvious" case on MeMe was rubbish. She didn't/wouldn't replace out of a game because people were suspicious of her, whatever her alignment.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #2208 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:10 am

Post by MeMe »

Maybe it's just vanity -- but I didn't feel in any way "obvious" at the point I left the game. The attacks on me were noisy but manageable -- and, in truth, my ill-conceived suggestion was TRULY one I thought was awesome from a pro-town standpoint, so much so that MoS's unexplained vote on me made me worried that he'd be damned for it! How's THAT for hubris? I simply didn't see the "mafia know more" angle until it was stated (yes, I can be vain and idiotic at the same time. Respect, yo). I knew there was some work to be done, but I had no worries that I'd be
able
to do it...I simply didn't have the time to post several times a day and it was obvious that my team would be best served if I got someone in here who could put in more time. I mean, it's possible I would've been lynched (no way to be 100% sure one way or the other), but if it was a true fear, I'd not have dished the job off to someone else because I'm not that kind of player -- and it made me gnash my teeth to be accused of "running away" once I'd been replaced.

Anyway, I'm
extremely
grateful to mathcam for agreeing to come into the game in my place. If he'd said no, I would have just kept playing myself in limited capacity as I can't think of a single person (who wasn't already playing) I'd have trusted to take over. I knew the situation needed finesse and knew that Cam could and would provide it because doing a good job is important to him -- plus, he's amazing.

Thesp -- great game. I enjoyed playing while I was in and reading until the end.

Holy, you were awesome.

mathcam, you were awesomer.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2209 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:12 am

Post by hasdgfas »

mith wrote:cow, why did you decide to go after CKD when you did? I guess there was suspicion on you guys and you had the numbers to afford a bussing, but you were a mislynch away from a win. Claiming a cop result on pretty much any of the innocents would probably have won the game immediately - you only had to convince one innocent you were legit.
I wasn't really sure how legit people thought I was at that point, and thought I needed something to paint me as innocent before going after someone else. But yeah, I probably should have gone after someone else instead, but I didn't think of that.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #2210 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:14 am

Post by MeMe »

The plan was hatched overnight...just the kills turned out differently than were projected. Basically, a win was in reach, but no one thought it WOULD be the night before.

(Reading the night chats was excruciating fun once I was out)
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2211 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:58 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

mith wrote: cow, why did you decide to go after CKD when you did? I guess there was suspicion on you guys and you had the numbers to afford a bussing, but you were a mislynch away from a win. Claiming a cop result on pretty much any of the innocents would probably have won the game immediately - you only had to convince one innocent you were legit.
I came up with the idea the night before, but I only wanted him to use if he got into some sort of issue (PJ was riding him pretty hard), when he came out with it so early, part of me died. I agree with mith, at that point in the game, we could have probably had a flawless victory.

MoS gave us shit in the mafia thread for it, but he was pretty useless this game so he really doesnt have much room to talk.

After my obviously sad sad sad retort to Has (for a minute there I thought the tide was going to turn and the town would lynch Has, so I had to back off) and my death I still felt pretty good about our position, because the town bought it hook line and sinker...so much so that the SK killed the confirmed Hastown....bastard
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #2212 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:07 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Good job Has and Cam for finishing out the game for us. I'm overall satisfied with how the scum played, although I wasn't happy about the has/CKD thing. I'm kinda surprised that Jelly thought I was scum with CKD and DGB, because CKD was the one person I
forgot
was scum with me, while I remember Cam/Iammars/Has and tried to play around it. Although I guess by the time PJ submitted those lists, both CKD and I were known dead scum, so yeah. Almost didn't see that. :P
Permanent V/LA.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2213 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:15 am

wish you would have done more, I have seen you play good games as town, was curious what your mafia game was like....and so you know, I wasnt throwing the plan out there for it to be executed the next day...I just wanted it to be a backup for Has, just in case PJ kept at him.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2214 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:16 am

Post by Battle Mage »

mith wrote:And BM, your "obvious" case on MeMe was rubbish. She didn't/wouldn't replace out of a game because people were suspicious of her, whatever her alignment.
So you say, but it didnt make sense then, and it doesnt now, in my mind anyway.
Its not so much the fact that she replaced out, but the manner in which she did so which felt scummy to me- obviously reluctant to replace out of a role for some reason, to the extent of sorting out a highly capable replacement for herself.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2215 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:29 am

Post by Holy »

Beep! Beep! wrote:I said mathcam was scum.
Oh, I was really fooled by MeMe, damn you ;_;
I also never play with mathcam, I knew his tone was disturbing, damn it... (sobs).
First night, Mith murdered. Obviously not me, I prefer saving him for last, yeah... I'm that evil :p
Suddenly MeMe announced her little meta about me, hm I re-read my own posts, try finding the cause. I said something 'evil' about Mith here, and a few experimental play on other games based from my former a.k.a first IC - Mith whom sadly lead my lynch as Vanilla on my first game, Mith was the Doc, MeMe was the Mod. I can't be sure about those suspicion, but why MeMe picked me? There were many famous players here, why picked me? The thought of her suspecting me for Mith's death emerged, hmmm, funn~
If MeMe suspecting me for it, it means she can't be responsible for the night activity, right? THAT thought is exactly the origin of my downfall ;_;
And then came the Quack case, so Mith might be quacked. My suspicion to MeMe was on and off after that.

mith wrote:I didn't have a partner. I actually breadcrumbed this in one of my posts (I had a townie called the Lone Gunman Mason in one of my GL games once), but I didn't expect anyone to notice it.
Only if I knew... ooh if I knew... :twisted:
The odd rant from Mizzy about Mith even though Mith already dead made me suspect her as the second mason, my bad...

hasdgfas wrote:Also, Holy killed me the perfect night, as I was probably going to go after her(after breaking PR) the next day.
I was very aware of that possible situation, sir :D

petroleumjelly wrote:
Thesp wrote:I hope you didn't hate your role too much.
Pfft, no. You gave the role the wrong person (or just the right person, however you look at it). After having been the 'lone mason' in Sanity Mafia, and having what I think to be a good grasp of your modding policies, my general thoughts on my role were "I am just a vanilla townie, but I just
might
not be". The thing I hated most about my role was the possibility that I had to
claim
the role, because I knew it was going to sound a bit ridiculous.
Lol! <3 PJ. You're the best ;)
I was saving you for last too :p . Too bad, maf got you first.
I must say, I learned a lot by playing with you, PJ.

mathcam wrote:Holy: Heh. Sorry that all my hard work in that last day to make sure
you
got lynched, and not Mizzy, was of no benefit to me, but yet deprived you of your win. Actually, I'm not that sorry. :) Again, though, well-played -- if I had been a townie, I quite possibly would have been convinced to go after Mizzy instead of you.

Cam
Yeah, if you were a clueless Vanilla, I'm pretty sure the last day would be smooth for me, damn it... :p

mathcam wrote:
Thesp wrote:
hasdgfas wrote:If Holy wasn't lynched on the last day, would she have won since she was immune to mafia kills?
Both would have won, since both achieved their win conditions simultaneously. (Nothing could prevent the SK from being the only one alive at that point, and the mafia would be at 50% at that point.)
Wait, does that make sense? Nothing could
cause
Holy to be the only alive at that point (assuming we lynched Mizzy and not me), never mind
prevent
it.

Cam
Yup, the Werewolf should be the sole winner if that's the case, because nobody have any Silver Bullet in this town including the mafia, right? :p
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2216 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:35 am

Post by hasdgfas »

curiouskarmadog wrote:wish you would have done more, I have seen you play good games as town, was curious what your mafia game was like....and so you know, I wasnt throwing the plan out there for it to be executed the next day...I just wanted it to be a backup for Has, just in case PJ kept at him.
I must've missed the part about it being a backup plan as well. Gah, my bad. Good thing it didn't ruin the entire game for us.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2217 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:59 am

Post by Holy »

Werewolf in Town, behind the night scenes:
(Night choices mostly affected with my skill in finding Vanilla with quite a good accuracy :p )

1st Night: Dani Banani > chewed.
I want my first blood shed to be the purest one. I also avoid a 'popular' victim, don't want a double kill with the mafia. Hmm, Dani was so Vanilla in my eyes, I love his town play though :p (and Sarcastro's, hehe..)
Dani seems exhausted with his job, I decided to free him from here (sorry Mod, lol).

2nd Night: al_kohaulec > torn limb from limb.
I decided it would be nice to hunt a mafia for the second one. al_ko didn't seem like a vanilla to me (and he wasn't :p ), honestly thought he was a maf, turned out he was a cop, hm, too bad...

3rd Night: RossWilliam > ripped.
Must find mafia, god damnit >.> <.<
Oops wrong again, at least the Seer down. Yay!
After the Doc-Cop-Quack-Seer incidents, I put a mental note: not Vanilla enough doesn't mean must be a mafia, silly! Should examine each play more thoroughly there.

4th Night: Mastermind of Sin > mutilated.
I gave him a chance to show his better play, but enough is enough. After reading each person play that night, it seems I got a mafia this time. And I did, phew!

5th Night: hasdgfas > slaughtered.
If hasdgfas indeed a pro-town his tracking ability might trouble me. If he's a mafia, I have nothing to lose. Adios~

6th Night: Flameaxe the CotCR > disemboweled.
Well, should not risk my life. Buh bye~
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2218 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:35 am

Has, I dont know that I stated it was a back up plan..more along the lines of.."if you get in trouble, I am fine if you want to do this"..it worked out in the end.

Thesp, thanks for the game.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #2219 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:31 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

curiouskarmadog wrote:wish you would have done more, I have seen you play good games as town, was curious what your mafia game was like....and so you know, I wasnt throwing the plan out there for it to be executed the next day...I just wanted it to be a backup for Has, just in case PJ kept at him.
sorry, I just wasn't up to the challenge as much this game. To be fair, I didn't do any lurking on purpose. I very much had a RL excuse for my play in this game. Despite being mafia, I didn't lie about that.
Permanent V/LA.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #2220 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by Thesp »

Mafia discussion is here. Mathcam's solo comments are particularly striking (and accurate!).
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2221 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:42 am

I enjoyed reading them after I passed on.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #2222 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:05 am

Post by mathcam »

Holy wrote: Yup, the Werewolf should be the sole winner if that's the case, because nobody have any Silver Bullet in this town including the mafia, right? :p
But apparently this werewolf cares not only about being alive, but being the
only
one alive...and since I am such a potent godfather that my flesh is impenetrable even by werewolf teeth, you lose. Nanny nanny poo poo.

Oh, and thanks for the compliments, everyone, though I think that it might be excessive praise for an uninvestigatable unkillable mafia godfather with 4 teammates.

Cam
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #2223 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:33 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Ah - fun night discussion. Though it seems as though you also occasionally talked during the day? :?

I am somewhat pleased that the mafia kept postulating me as being mith's Mason partner; after mith came up D2 as Mason I immediately thought about Sanity Mafia and tried to make it seem as though I could be his partner (I know I made several statements along the lines of "you will not be able to lynch me").

As pleasant as it is to be right about so much of Thesp's meta-policies, I am actually quite disappointed that I could not argue in such a manner that the town followed me about them. After the Farside22 lynch, I was floating in a sea of miserableness and self-pity. >< I was convinced the town was going to lose in a quite spectacular manner after that, and we probably would have done just that if not for the hasdgfas-CKD busing.

As a side-note (although I was probably the only person who caught it), I became very worried about the CotCR role because Thesp went from using "Official Vote Counts" to simply "Vote Counts". In Sanity Mafia, Thesp 'justified' a role which could not actually unvote by claiming he never said those vote counts were "Official". I was convinced that tyhess/MGIA had been stealing votes, and Thesp was justifying it by never saying the vote counts were official. I prodded Thesp about this, and eventually got him to pony up that the vote counts
were
official; if you look at his posts, you can see that he edited quite a few of the later ones all on the same day, in order to add the word "Official" to them.

I might find my "night-choice" PMs for Thesp now, only because sending them kind of amused me. :P
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #2224 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:48 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Wow – I had completely forgotten that on D1, I was actually considering claiming to be mafia in order to make myself look like the Jester. This was in the hopes that the
actual
mafia would know I was lying (and hence think I was the Jester), and the
real
Jester would know I could not be the Jester and would push on me like crazy. It seemed like a very unique way of getting both the scum-groups (I thought there could only be the two scum-groups almost all game) to react in such a way that they would leave themselves very open for getting lynched later.

Needless to say, I'm rather glad I never came through on that one. It probably would not have worked in practice (especially if the mafia did indeed have day-talking powers). Although I do think it could have possibly been
wildly
informative. *scratches chin*

~~~~~

Night-choices:
PJ, N2 wrote:Howdy, Thesp!

Tonight I'd like to use the jelly-leg curse on alky. :wink:

PJ
PJ, N4 wrote:Howdy, Thesp!

Thank goodness for a scum lynch. I needed that emotionally, even if the town is going to lose.

I choose to catch the snitch tonight.

>.>
<.<

PJ
PJ, N5 wrote:Night action: Hide under the Invisibility Cloak. >.>

PJ
Okay, so they weren't as funny as I remembered them. Oh well. ><

Also, I probably asked Thesp about 25 questions about the game, and only got answers to about 2. >=[
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”