Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:01 pm

Post by Talitha »

Sorry if my tone is a little on the grumpy side. I should go post in the period thread.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:02 pm

Post by Talitha »

Ahh, wonderful. I love it when I post something dumb and it gets to be top of the new page.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:59 pm

Post by Glork »

Talitha wrote:Sorry if my tone is a little on the grumpy side. I should go post in the period thread.
:lol:
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:29 am

Post by Axelrod »

While I'm sitting here, anyone up for a little gaming of the Mod?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Player List:

1) DrippingGoofball - vanilla
2) Coron - vote counter
3) Talitha - deadliner
6) logicticus - thread locker
9) Glork - vanilla
10) Phoebus - post cleaner
11) Macros - death post writer
12) Adel - no mod. duties
13) elvis_knits - executioner
14) Axelrod - player list maintainer

The Deceased:

8) zu_Faul - Vanilla townsperson (we assume) - Killed N1
4) rajrhcpfreak - Vanilla townsperson (we assume) - Lynched D1
7) PookyTheMagicalBear - Townsperson/Prodder - Killed N2
5) mathcam - Townsperson/Replacer - Killed N2
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Premise #1: some scum have Mod. duties in this game.

That's a fairly unremarkable premise, I think. Otherwise the scum would be DGB, Glork, Adel by default (or someone else who is faking a Mod duty. which seems unlikely)

Premise #2: not ALL the scum have Mod. duties.

Ah, this one's more interesting. I have no proof of this. I have no reason for saying it except that it makes sense to me. It's the way I would have done it. Especially given the presense of completely vanilla townies (which I am still assuming).

What it suggests to me though, is that at least one (and very possibly only one) of DGB, Glork, or Adel is scum.

That's not exactly a revolutionary position either, but comes at it from a different angle.

Continuing on, take those people out and it leaves the pool of living players with Mod. duties:

2) Coron - vote counter
3) Talitha - deadliner
11) Macros - death post writer
13) elvis_knits - executioner
14) Axelrod - player list maintainer

Now, are there any Mod. duties that we would not expect scum to be given? The first one that springs to mind for me is "Deadliner." Of all the abilities on this list, that's the one subject to the most potential abuse for scum. What if she just kept setting extremely short deadlines?

Sure, the role could come with restrictions like "You can't set a dealine less than 1 week..." or "You can't set a deadline unless the posting rate drops below xxx" which would limit the abusability for scum, but given everything else we've seen so far, I tend to doubt that the Mod. would have given this role such detailed and specific instructions. On the other hand, the Mod. could quite literally be relying on the players "maturity" to keep their Mod. power separate from their role as scum, but I have trouble seeing that as well. Talitha is least likely scum based on Mod. power alone.

The next most abusable power is Macros'. I mean, editing the player's death posts which contain all the "concrete" information we are getting in this game, is hugely abusable. We've seen it already. Ironically, the fact Macros screwed up and edited zu_Faul's post in such a scummy way might end up being a point in his favor. Because if he
were
scum, he would have cheated. I can't believe his role (as Scum Death Post Editer) would have made it okay to remove critical information from the posts, like the alignment and role of the deceased player. That just makes the game unplayable (as discussed before). No, if he were scum, I'd call it cheating, flat out. As a townie who just screwed up though, it's completely possible.

The counter-position is the whole "Macros is terrible" argument. Could he be scum, with that role, and actually not have realized how unfair it would be to edit the death posts like that? Seems hard for me to believe, but if he was really just not paying any attention at all, maybe? He did come clean later about it, so in his (hypothetical scum) mind, that could have set the record straight. I don't want to believe this one either.

3rd least likely (in my opinion) is "Executioner." Because that would just be such an odd role for a scum to have. I mean, they are already trying to kill the town, and one of them has a separate role that says "When a player is lynched you send them an instruction telling them to reveal themselves in the thread." This would presumably include their fellow mafia? That's just weird.

All the others (including my own) are pretty neutral. I don't think it really says much of anything one way or the other about likelyness to be town based on them.

But I'm town :), so by the wonderful process of elimination that would leave:

2) Coron - vote counter

With at least one and possibly 2 scum in that grouping.

Right now I'm going with one out of Glork, DGB, Adel (most likely Glork - but I'm hating how DGB disappeared and then just posts "Talitha is town" with nothing else) and Two out of Coron, logiticus, Phoebus (most likely Coron and Phoebus).

If DGB and/or Adel had something
else
they wanted to tell me about their roles, it might further cement this opinion.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:36 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Talitha wrote:Sorry if my tone is a little on the grumpy side. I should go post in the period thread.
Yay for periods!
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:44 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Axel, I think theorizing that there are mafia members without mod powers and WITH mod powers, is probably correct. I think that it does help us look for buddies, in a weird way.

However, I'm not sure I agree with the way you are excusing certain roles from being mafia, assuming there is too much power to be abused. I think it's likely the powers were assigned randomly. I think we're supposed to be mature enough not to abuse the mod powers, no matter our allignment.

BUT, your theorizing made me think of something. Anyone not performing their duty in a way that might benefit scum? That would be a good reason to lynch someone. Off the top of my head, I think of Macros.

Although I would much rather lynch Adel for the attack on me that made no sense. I think Adel is a good player, and I don't expect crap cases from her.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:06 am

Post by logicticus »

Good stuff, Axel,

I dont really agree with the disqualifications either, but for a different reason.

If the deadliner was scum, could they really take advantage of that? I mean, if they set an unreasonable deadline or one too quickly, we would all be up in arms and would be able to peer pressure it back. Conversely, if the deadliner refused to budge, they would probably get lynched for it, so I just dont see how it can be used for scums benefit.

Same with editing death scenes. Hell, Macros has been doing it and hasnt had any pressure on him about it. True, hes been doing it fairly blatantly, but anyone who claimed that mod power would. Any subtle changes will likely be noticed.

I like where my vote is, but would be happy with a dgb lynch as well.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:16 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Both Axel and Talitha are town.

There is nothing about my role, I have no role or mod powers.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:48 am

Post by Adel »

Axelrod wrote: What it suggests to me though, is that at least one (and very possibly only one) of DGB, Glork, or Adel is scum.
I agree with this, and that leaves me with
unvote, vote:DGB
since it looks like a better than 50% chance of her being scum from where I sit.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:50 am

Post by Adel »

logicticus wrote: If the deadliner was scum, could they really take advantage of that? I mean, if they set an unreasonable deadline or one too quickly, we would all be up in arms and would be able to peer pressure it back. Conversely, if the deadliner refused to budge, they would probably get lynched for it, so I just dont see how it can be used for scums benefit.
I suspect our mod didn't spend too much time worrying about abuse of mod powers... we are all supposed to be mature, after all.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:54 pm

Post by Talitha »

What are you basing your assertions on, DGB?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:10 am

For both players, one or two sentences that I feel could not possibly have been written if either of you were scum.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:49 am

Post by logicticus »

i feel like we need more mass prods
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:57 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Both Axel and Talitha are town.

There is nothing about my role, I have no role or mod powers.
I have seen DGB as scum. And she didn't go around confirming people as town.

Just saying.
Talk nerdy to me.

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:00 pm

Post by Adel »

I think half of the point behind DGB's playstyle is to avoid creating a meta that is indicative of alignment.

Just saying.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:36 pm

No, it's just that my mood swings wildly depending on my prescription regimen, whether I'm voluntarily or involuntarily committed, how tight the straight jacket is, that kind of stuff.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:29 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Adel wrote:I think half of the point behind DGB's playstyle is to avoid creating a meta that is indicative of alignment.

Just saying.
I'm not sure DGB is capable of that much self control.

She desires lots of death, even as town. She's less picky as scum.

Just my opinion.
Talk nerdy to me.

Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:18 am

Post by Phoebus »

There should be a Werebear sighting soon.

I'm out.
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:44 am

Post by Werebear »

27 pages to read... so give me a few days. I'm actually on page 8 now (the strife and agony!), but won't be able to read more until tomorrow.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:15 pm

Post by Talitha »

Hi WB. Yay!!! Bye Pip.
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:18 am

Post by Macros »

werebear?
THEE werebear? I may stay in
Oh the huge manatee!!
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:47 am

Post by Werebear »

Uh oh. This game isn't that bad, is it???
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:10 am

Post by Macros »

nono, its fine, just horendous
Oh the huge manatee!!
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:58 am

Post by Werebear »

Jane! Stop this crazy thing!

That... was a lot of strife and agony.

OK, Vanilla Townie =/= no mod powers.
FOS: all those claiming no mod powers
. For cripe's sake, I'm a tag-fixer-and-double-post-deleter. And I can't even do that, with no editing powers, but it's OK, I can handle it, I'm a big boy. No weight jokes here.

Seriously, DGB, Glork, and Adel have all claimed "no mod powers". On the main post, are two dead who never claimed, but odds are at least the first victim had one. Hmm. Did raj actually claim no powers, or just not say anything about a role until his surprise lynch? I can't remember at this point. But at this point, if there's someone suspicious WITH a role, and someone suspicious WITHOUT a role...

And not seriously, remember, Talitha, Re:DGB's comment - two sets of people know who's town... cops, and scum. And cops can be wrong. *grin*
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:12 am

Post by Adel »

eliminating players with no mod powers would at least get this game going a little, but I suspect that the same % of non-mod power claimed players who are scum as the rest of the mod-power equipped player population.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”