Goon
Azimuth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by Azimuth »

I blocked DarlaBlueEyes last night.

Vote: DarlaBlueEyes

I suppose I'll block dcorbe tonight if somehow she turns up innocent, but I don't think it will be necessary.
It's been a busy year, but I want to be back someday.
Oh, and...WAR KITTENS??
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:21 pm

Post by roflcopter »

azimuth is a smart cookie.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:11 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Darla walked down the road... she was at peace. She was with Korts. He was smiling at her. They looked at the town that they were going to have and sighed.

"So what now," Korts asked

"Well we're dead aren't we?" Darla responded

"I liked the way you went. Escaping Azimuth and shadowgirls grip then kicking dcorbe that way... I didnt know you were able to do that..." Korts said obviously impressed

"Yes, he won't be walking properly for a wee while..." DBE laughed

"Shame roflcopter got you though..." Korts sighed

"Yeah, he's quite the marksman" DBE said

They got to the end of the road, Paul standing there.

"Nice try, unfortunetly the town is still mine, you underestimated my town and now they will repopulate it and we will live happily under my rule" he said softly.

"Where do we go now?" Korts asked "And how can you speak to us we're dead?"

"Im not talking to you, not only have you killed my daughter, you made my tea go cold and now you have prevented me from going to bed."

But...

Paul turned to Darlablueeyes.

"You may go through that door, you will be moved to your next life depending on your beliefs

And me? Korts said

You too, but there's a pot of horrid bolognaise that you need to eat first

Oh no...

Roflcopter was holding the smoking gun, dcorbe was doubled up and Shadowgirl and Azimuth were shocked that the now dead body had escaped there grip.

"It's over, the scum are gone... look at the ground..." Roflcopter whispered

The blood formed some words on the road... in bright red they wrote

Darlablueeyes - Mafia - Killed Day 3

Mods notes on there way. Also will prod dead players tomorrow to see if they want to comment.

That is all.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:16 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

this was going so well until I got RB'd and Korts got counter claimed.

xD ah well nice job guys!
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:18 pm

Post by dcorbe »

Awesome game guys :)

@Korts: You really had me fooled until the mass claim

@roflcopter: I like what you did but I only wish you had done a little more to hold up a defense. You really started looking scummy on day 2.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:33 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

Hey guys! Thanks for the speedlynch. It wasn't like I wanted to play or anything lol.

Really
thought Darla would come under more fire for my hammer than she did, but we won, that's all that matters really. Good game town.
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
Azimuth
Azimuth
Goon
Azimuth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:35 pm

Post by Azimuth »

Porochaz wrote:DarlaBlueEyes - Cop - Lynched Day 4
Oh, you sadist! :lol: I was all set to send in another night choice and everything.

Very interesting game. The way I see it, mafia came within an hour of near-certain victory. I guess going home early on a Friday night pays off sometimes.
It's been a busy year, but I want to be back someday.
Oh, and...WAR KITTENS??
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:39 pm

Post by dcorbe »

Azimuth wrote:
Oh, you sadist! :lol: I was all set to send in another night choice and everything.

Very interesting game. The way I see it, mafia came within an hour of near-certain victory. I guess going home early on a Friday night pays off sometimes.
Without your claim I would have actually given korts the benefit of the doubt and would have instead concentrated on a DBE lynch. That would have given us a another day to play but I would have gone after roflcopter next and it probably would have wound up being a mob victory in the end.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:42 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

Azimuth wrote:

Proof that having a life CAN kill you. xD
Show
you done goofed.

Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by Porochaz »

K I didnt take many notes. It was a good game and entertaining. It dipped a bit with the dcorbe/dbe thing but am glad that passed.

Now other point's I made whilst Im here... Something I wrote early on in my notes was that Korts was too agressive towards his scupartner, early game. He subsided a bit after that. The game was lost for scum, when Korts claimed RB'er, I don't know what was going through your mind there... if it was a gambit it would of been great if there wasnt another but way to risky.

The lynch of Alabaska, what was that about? Scum capitalised on that greatly and I already know DBE didnt know it was L-1 when she hammered but it made an easy first lynch.

Sykedoc was a problem and pojedinac unfortunetly disappeared I want to thank our two replacers late on in the game and also the others who replaced in at the start. It was going to be a challenge when I took on a mod abandoned game as my first game but I think... we pulled it off! So thank you all!

The end was totally lost and I did enjoy Darla's claim, she managed to put a sprinkle of confusion in there but it was already lost. Maybe would of had more chance of working if you weren't as emotional as you were?

I also want to thank Korts specifically, I didnt mean the things about the tea and you made me smile when you sent me a PM apologising and the thanks for the exams. You truly are a gentleman.

I think thats almost everything.

Thanks for a great first modded game. You all did great. Please give comments.

I do want to say one more important thing though.

There was a moment in this game that I was close to modkilling you dcorbe. Not for the personal attacks but for the thread in mafia discussion. This caused me a lot of bother and I had to get a second opinion and eventually go to Thesp. Ultimately I decided it didnt have too major an impact but be aware that ANY talking about ongoing games outwith the designated thread will result in modkill EVEN if its just implied is against the rules and is not tolerated on the site. The only reason this didnt happen was because I decided it didn't effect what happened in thread too much and that I wasn't sure if you were unaware of this rule or not.

If your in any doubt about stuff like "what does lylo mean?" ask in thread. Noones going to bite your head off. A Massclaim question is also fair enough but not whilst you are in the midst of doing it in a game. The other question you asked in that thread was answerable by me and the only person you should of asked was me (or possibly the players of the game)

Anyway that aside it was a great game. I hope to see you around site in the future now go sign up for other games. GOGOGO!
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:51 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Azimuth wrote:

I was watching that, wondering who was going to get there first... it was a close thing... I remember saying to myself depeding on whether Azimuth or DBE get here first will be the thing that determines who wins...
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:53 pm

Post by dcorbe »

sorry mod.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:56 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Its ok, I'm just informing you, it didnt have to much effect on the game so no harm done.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:39 pm

Post by roflcopter »

porochaz you had me for a second with that fake dbe reveal :)

its a damn good thing az got into the thread before dbe and talked everybody off of my wagon huh?

good game everyone, i thought the scum played it as well as they could, once there were four power role claims though it was pretty much over. this format is very hard for the scum to win i would think if you get down to five or six alive without any power roles dying. massclaim at lylo wins games for town.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:04 pm

Post by Porochaz »

like the flavour? Too much or too little? I tried to keep it mafia themed but got bored with that, so went a bit supernaturalish
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:36 pm

Post by Korts »

Thanks, Porochaz, for a very enjoyable game. I think the flavor was amazing, even though it had little to no connection to the actual game. But as the prophet Jagger once said, you can't always get what you want. If I really want to find something to criticize, there could've been a vote count or two after the massclaim, I was a bit confused about the votes back there. Other than that, awesome modding, and I especially liked how you had your fun with my corpse ;)

I know now that I blew this game for us when I claimed, but I had thought about it for very long, and in the event of a massclaim, both a roleblocker claiming and a doctor claiming would've been bad to scum, since claiming a successful roleblock would've amounted to a guilty result, and claiming a successful protect would have confirmed a townie, both of which would've reduced our chances. Anyway, my claim could've worked but for two things: I shouldn't have claimed on dcorbe, because that way, it wouldn't make any sense if we're both telling the truth; and I shouldn't have put rofl at L-1 in the hopes that Darla hops on before anyone else checks in, thus pseudo-confirming Azim when I was actually trying to incriminate him.

On this note, special thanks to Azim, for replacing, and for a very balanced play. I had deduced right after the moment I claimed that you're the real RB, and that I fucked up if the town doesn't get confused enough. Thanks in great part to you, I couldn't get them confused enough to mislynch.

rofl, well, you know how you are. I didn't expect anything else than a town win once the decision was put in your hands. Really, we had no chance from there on.

dcorbe, I think you played a pretty good game, up until the massclaim. You truly did BS too much. Tip: if I'm already covered in shit, throwing some more at me won't make it stick. Other than this, though, it was a pleasure arguing with you. Just don't get personal, or feel insulted when others' arguments start to boil down to BS. Call them out for it, but no need to get angry over it. It's just a game.

ShadowGirl, the posts you made were very reasonable and balanced, and I couldn't fool you, either, into voting anyone other than me. Damn you, smart town!

Natirasha, I feel you didn't put as much effort in this game as it deserved, and maybe you lingered too much on the self-vote issue. That's why scum and town quicklynched you.

Lowell, you didn't have much of a chance to show us your townly skills, we NKed you because I suspected you of being a power role. Sorry.

Alabaska, sorry for the quicklynch. You know how it is, your wagon was being ridden by scum ;)

Darla, I think you played very good, too. For a moment, there, you had me convinced you're town :D But seriously, other than hammering Alabaska, I think you always played what you had to, and I owe you an apology for forcing you to claim. Bad move. I hope I was as good a partner as you were, partner ;)
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:37 pm

Post by Korts »

Oh yeah, forgot. Congrats town. It wasn't hard to figure out.
scumchat never die
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:49 pm

Post by dcorbe »

Korts wrote:dcorbe, I think you played a pretty good game, up until the massclaim. You truly did BS too much. Tip: if I'm already covered in shit, throwing some more at me won't make it stick. Other than this, though, it was a pleasure arguing with you. Just don't get personal, or feel insulted when others' arguments start to boil down to BS. Call them out for it, but no need to get angry over it. It's just a game.
I think the same notion could be extended to one other person here, but you're ultimately correct. I made a snap decision to go off the rails towards the end of the game there and I truly wish I could take it back.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:42 pm

Post by dcorbe »

18 pages has to be some sort of record for like the shortest game ever, doesn't it?
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:03 pm

Post by Korts »

nah, I've seen finished games with seven pages. Eighteen's not a big deal, you know. We couldn't have pulled this out much longer anyway.
scumchat never die
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:22 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

Korts wrote:Thanks, Porochaz, for a very enjoyable game. I think the flavor was amazing, even though it had little to no connection to the actual game. But as the prophet Jagger once said, you can't always get what you want. If I really want to find something to criticize, there could've been a vote count or two after the massclaim, I was a bit confused about the votes back there. Other than that, awesome modding, and I especially liked how you had your fun with my corpse ;)

I know now that I blew this game for us when I claimed, but I had thought about it for very long, and in the event of a massclaim, both a roleblocker claiming and a doctor claiming would've been bad to scum, since claiming a successful roleblock would've amounted to a guilty result, and claiming a successful protect would have confirmed a townie, both of which would've reduced our chances. Anyway, my claim could've worked but for two things: I shouldn't have claimed on dcorbe, because that way, it wouldn't make any sense if we're both telling the truth; and I shouldn't have put rofl at L-1 in the hopes that Darla hops on before anyone else checks in, thus pseudo-confirming Azim when I was actually trying to incriminate him.

On this note, special thanks to Azim, for replacing, and for a very balanced play. I had deduced right after the moment I claimed that you're the real RB, and that I fucked up if the town doesn't get confused enough. Thanks in great part to you, I couldn't get them confused enough to mislynch.

rofl, well, you know how you are. I didn't expect anything else than a town win once the decision was put in your hands. Really, we had no chance from there on.

dcorbe, I think you played a pretty good game, up until the massclaim. You truly did BS too much. Tip: if I'm already covered in shit, throwing some more at me won't make it stick. Other than this, though, it was a pleasure arguing with you. Just don't get personal, or feel insulted when others' arguments start to boil down to BS. Call them out for it, but no need to get angry over it. It's just a game.

ShadowGirl, the posts you made were very reasonable and balanced, and I couldn't fool you, either, into voting anyone other than me. Damn you, smart town!

Natirasha, I feel you didn't put as much effort in this game as it deserved, and maybe you lingered too much on the self-vote issue. That's why scum and town quicklynched you.

Lowell, you didn't have much of a chance to show us your townly skills, we NKed you because I suspected you of being a power role. Sorry.

Alabaska, sorry for the quicklynch. You know how it is, your wagon was being ridden by scum ;)

Darla, I think you played very good, too. For a moment, there, you had me convinced you're town :D But seriously, other than hammering Alabaska, I think you always played what you had to, and I owe you an apology for forcing you to claim. Bad move. I hope I was as good a partner as you were, partner ;)
Ha, you were great! Much better than my previous scum partner who flaked on me day1!!

The mass claim was a total risk, and dammit if Az didn't ruin it all. This was a fun game, being scum is always exciting.. now I f could just not lose >.>

heh!!

and yea.. I totally really had no idea I was hammering, I didn't realize we were in a 9 player game for some reason.. that woulda never happened had I realized.
Show
you done goofed.

ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:39 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

Wow, good game everyone! And my first finished game. <3

And kudos to the scums - you nearly had me, as I was practically all for lynching rofl. Ha, even to the last minute I still had an inkling of a feeling that DBE was going to be innocent.

I thank everyone for being patient with me, especially after my oversight - though, I'll never forget how many it takes to lynch now. xD;
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:38 am

Post by roflcopter »

yeah my only problem with the modding is the length of time, or at least number of pages, between votecounts. i like to see a votecount somewhere on every page.
soi soi soi

Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:09 am

Post by Porochaz »

I initially tried to do that but with exams and stuff I felt posting one when the number of votes hadnt changed or changed by one was unnecassery because the way I counted them was stupid. and took ages, this will be rectified next game. Having 2 exams on sucssesive days didnt help either so the v.c. stopped but I was initially going for a vc per page and will do for my next game.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:28 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”