eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:23 am

Post by eldarad »

armix, why did you vote for Kravhen?
What does "not progressing discussion" mean anyway?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:25 am

Post by armlx »

He was just babbling away instead of trying to combat the points people made about his behavior, aka stalling.

And I did not Vote him. I put an FOS on him that I intended to be a vote for all purposes except putting him at L-1.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:00 am

Post by eldarad »

armlx wrote:He was just babbling away instead of trying to combat the points people made about his behavior, aka stalling.

And I did not Vote him. I put an FOS on him that I intended to be a vote for all purposes except putting him at L-1.
armlx wrote:You aren't doing anything to progress the discussion. Very scummy.

Unvote, FOS, may as well be Vote Kravhen

Claim please.
Oh. See, this looks like "vote Kravhen" to me. And I'm not the only one who thought so.

I do see your point about babbling and general railing against the wagon.
What he has never done - and I have tried to illicit this - is to answer the points I made.
I seem to recall a thread in Mafia Discussion about scum complaining for being lynched for the "wrong reasons" (rather than complaining about being lynched). Maybe it's relevant here.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:12 am

Post by Coron »

See, after thinking about it, when you corner a scum, often times they'll throw every toy they can get your hands on at you, while town will more likely try to keep beating you with the same one. I of course have no actual data to support this, but initially I voted for Kravhen because overreacting to accusations in general tends to be scummy, but then I thought about it more in depth and realized that is wasn't like a standard cornered scum overreaction really.

Thus the unvote.

Also, I guess Armlx vote won't count, but I thought it was a vote initially too.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:41 am

Post by armlx »

I seem to recall a thread in Mafia Discussion about scum complaining for being lynched for the "wrong reasons" (rather than complaining about being lynched). Maybe it's relevant here.
That thread was more about retroactive bitching. Like an SK being lynched b/c a mafiate defended them.
kravhen
kravhen
Goon
kravhen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:06 am

Post by kravhen »

eldarad wrote:
armlx wrote:He was just babbling away instead of trying to combat the points people made about his behavior, aka stalling.

armlx wrote:You aren't doing anything to progress the discussion. Very scummy.

Unvote, FOS, may as well be Vote Kravhen

Claim please.
Oh. See, this looks like "vote Kravhen" to me. And I'm not the only one who thought so.

I do see your point about babbling and general railing against the wagon.
What he has never done - and I have tried to illicit this - is to answer the points I made.
I'm sorry your points got lost in the noise, I'll attend to them later. I'm posting this while my soccer team is playing, so I'll read back a bit later.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:11 am

Post by farside22 »

@Kravhen: My problem with you has been your play and tactics. You have hardly made a case against anyone and just laying low. I do not find it your normal behavior. There is no well I find this person scum and here is why anywhere until I put pressure on you.
I did not care for Coron's vote quickly either. I feel reading the discussion between you two one is scum.
unvote:

I want to read back and see who I think is scummier.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
kravhen
kravhen
Goon
kravhen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:22 am

Post by kravhen »

eldarad wrote:
kravhen wrote:Silence and dahill(in a lesser way), the speed on which you jumped on your horses with the lynching rope is noted.

It looked pretty damn OBVIOUS ABR was joking.
I didn't think it was obvious...This looks like an opportunity to jump on people for no reason. Also interesting how your attack on dahill is qualified somewhat.
Dahill does look scummy sometimes - although he played the lover claim really well I thought. I think I could see a Kravhen-dahill scumgroup.
vote Kravhen

kravhen wrote:
eldarad wrote:It's a win-win situation, and completely defeats the WIFOM that the scum may have been trying to set up by not killing.
We can't know whether they didnt kill or just landed on doc protection... stop assuming =/
Everyone else is assuming that the scum hit someone who was protected, thus farside is confirmed.
That's a much more dangerous assumption.
I assume this is your case.
There isn't much to "answer" though. You vote me seeing a Kravhen-Dahill scumgroup hmm. At the moment I believe Dahill to be more town than scum. Even you said you thought he dealt with the whole lover deal rather well. Wasn't he the one that was ready to be policy lynched for the cause? That alone leads me to believe he's pro-town.

As for the ABR-joking... It WAS pretty obvious IMO... I mean, look at this:
Guys. I lied about being a doctor. I'm just a vanilla townie.

I know who the real doctor is.
How do you know who the doctor is as a vanilla townie? =/
Yes, that's right. I'm the scum. Lynch me on the spot.

We good, now ? Everyone believe me ?
Oh now he's a scum, not a townie anymore. Meh. Obvious demonstration of ABR joking in my opinion... Is this your first game with ABR?
Anyhoo, right after that silence's post indicated that he somehow completely believes ABR and that we should, indeed, lynch him as he said, "on the spot". Look at this post and tell me it's not at least a little bit shady...
silence wrote:Argh. Why did the real doctor not claim earlier? (Now he probably shouldn't)

How does ABR claim to 'know' the real doctor?

Do we have any reason not to lynch ABR immediately?
He immediately assumes everything ABR just said was real, throws a question on how he knows the real doc, etc. etc. without even considering ABR is being an annoying ass as usual. Armlx even pointed it out.. that ABR had "history of that as town", so I'm not the only one familiar with his behavior.
kravhen wrote:Silence and dahill(in a lesser way), the speed on which you jumped on your horses with the lynching rope is noted.

It looked pretty damn OBVIOUS ABR was joking.
eldarad wrote:It's a win-win situation, and completely defeats the WIFOM that the scum may have been trying to set up by not killing.
We can't know whether they didnt kill or just landed on doc protection... stop assuming =/
As for this, I still stand by my statement. Especially in this game setup, I find it highly unlikely that the scum didn't kill, especially with the chance of hitting 2 townies with one kill (lovers). Although assuming anything 100% can be bad since we can pretty much never be that sure of either way, I personally believe it's more sanely believable that they DID land on doc protection. Scum would just be stupid not to kill to "set up WIFOM" in this game. If they didn't kill, the real doc would've claimed after ABR claimed to have protected farside. Then we'd have had something.

Either way, don't you find it interesting how doc protections end up creating a bunch of WIFOM when they are successful? It's supposed to be a beneficial event for the town. Which makes me think, and I ask this purely out of curiosity. Was there any kind of theory or plan ever made concerning asking the confirmed doc NOT to protect anyone so that there was no NK wifom possible converning the protection? I'm sorry if my theory is full of flaws, I'm just curious, and the idea just sprung in my head as I was writing this.
kravhen
kravhen
Goon
kravhen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:28 am

Post by kravhen »

Btw that's wishy washy. Wanting to vote without voting. It's like wanting to shoot someone, but not being the one holding the gun.

I'd like to hear input from Dahill, ABR and silence on these last few pages.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:36 am

Post by armlx »

Btw that's wishy washy. Wanting to vote without voting. It's like wanting to shoot someone, but not being the one holding the gun.
No, its being cautious and not letting someone sit at L-1 with some evidently inattentive people in the game.
kravhen
kravhen
Goon
kravhen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:42 am

Post by kravhen »

(( Do we need prods? ))
Sethaniel
Sethaniel
Goon
Sethaniel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:06 pm

Post by Sethaniel »

[quote"kravhen re: armix"]
[/quote]

agree.
vote: armix
Whether you say I'm an evil genius, or you call me a lucky lurker and blame the town, the fact remains that two townies voted to lynch a claimed cop with a guilty result in lylo. -- Newbie 593
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:06 pm

Post by armlx »

Not wanting someone to sit at L-1 is not wishy washy. It is cautious.

If my pseudo-vote was at ANY other position on the wagon your argument would be valid. However, it was not.
silence
silence
Goon
silence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:06 pm

Post by silence »

kravhen wrote:He immediately assumes everything ABR just said was real, throws a question on how he knows the real doc, etc. etc. without even considering ABR is being an annoying ass as usual. Armlx even pointed it out.. that ABR had "history of that as town", so I'm not the only one familiar with his behavior.
As I already stated, I missed ABR's later post which would have implied even to me that he was joking. From the earlier post I genuinely thought he is claiming not to be doctor. Which I think would have been a good reason to lynch him, had it not been a joke. Yes, this is my first game with ABR.

About armlx's 'pseudo-vote', I see nothing 'wishy washy' about that. No reason to enable hammering before it has been discussed completely.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:28 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Vote Count:

Armlx - 2
(ABR, Sethaniel)
Kravhen - 1
(Eldarad)
Coron - 1
(Kravhen)

Not Voting -
(Dahill, Farside, Silence, Coron, Armlx)

With 9 alive it is 5 to lynch.

Deadline
: 8pm Australian eastern time, tuesday 24th june. About a week from now.
kravhen
kravhen
Goon
kravhen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:53 am

Post by kravhen »

silence wrote:
kravhen wrote:He immediately assumes everything ABR just said was real, throws a question on how he knows the real doc, etc. etc. without even considering ABR is being an annoying ass as usual. Armlx even pointed it out.. that ABR had "history of that as town", so I'm not the only one familiar with his behavior.
As I already stated, I missed ABR's later post which would have implied even to me that he was joking. From the earlier post I genuinely thought he is claiming not to be doctor. Which I think would have been a good reason to lynch him, had it not been a joke. Yes, this is my first game with ABR.

About armlx's 'pseudo-vote', I see nothing 'wishy washy' about that. No reason to enable hammering before it has been discussed completely.
I know. I was just answering eldarad's case on the reason why I voted you and dahill at the time of the joke. ((It DOES look obvious he wasnt jking, doesnt it?))
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:22 am

Post by dahill1 »

argh sorry i know this is a bad time in the game for me to be away but:
posting this in all games
dahill1 in V/LA wrote:on the 19th i'm going to be moving across the country, so i will probably not have internet access at that time. i don't know how long it will take but i ask not to be replaced unless it's urgent that i should be. thanks!
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:17 am

Post by eldarad »

Meh. I'm tempted to just vote for armix on a whim and see what happens.

There's a 2 in 5 chance of him being scum, so that's not the worst odds we're ever going to get

unvote
vote armix
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:18 am

Post by armlx »

There's a 2 in 5 chance of him being scum, so that's not the worst odds we're ever going to get
?

Logic behind this?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:18 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Krav you voiced suspicion of armlx earlier. Will you back that with a vote or what ?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
kravhen
kravhen
Goon
kravhen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:40 am

Post by kravhen »

I would but I still don't want to rush things.... There are still people who need to comment on the last couple pages including the me vs coron thing.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:44 am

Bullshit.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:45 am

kravhen wrote:
FOS: Armlx
. Chance of Armlx being scum... 80%.
Just last page...
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:50 am

Post by farside22 »

armlx wrote:Not wanting someone to sit at L-1 is not wishy washy. It is cautious.

If my pseudo-vote was at ANY other position on the wagon your argument would be valid. However, it was not.
This is coming from a man that likes to hammer.
I have my short list of suspects if Armix does not come up scum. If he does well the town will have this one.
Shortlist wether Armix scum are not:

Kravhen
Coron
Silence
Seth
Yes in this order

Vote: Armix
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:53 am

Hammer please.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”