Iron Man
Goon
Iron Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:33 am

Post by Iron Man »

@El
No offense, but blatantly stating that you would try to quicklynch a lurker instead of trying to dig farther into it, kinda sounds a little scummy to me.
I'm back.
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:57 am

Post by Mokina »

donkeyz12212 wrote:Again with the bandwagon guys. I still consider that we shouldn't target someone who wasn't that influential on the last vote. Iron Man had just been lurking but don't you think scum would have pushed for dcorbe knowing they were scum? I just kind of see Iron as like...there. lol
Wait a sec. He wasn't that influential? I seem to recall his vote counting for the same as everyone else's.

The people who quietly slip onto a bandwagon are the scummiest, not the vocal ones. If you're going to throw yourself out in front of the eyes of the town pushing a case, you're going to get noticed. Scum never want to get noticed. Therefore, it makes sense that a bandwagoning lurker would be scum.

From pure vibes, though, Iron Man doesn't
feel
like scum. He feels like a hapless newbie caught in a situation he didn't know how to avoid. I don't count him any scummier for wanting to defend himself... that's just newb points in my book. To be honest, my finger is on the unvote button and I'm not entirely sure we should press this lynch (especially after the dcorbe fiasco yesterday). Iron Man is also resisting OMGUS, which is admirable. There are other lurker-wagoners around, and I'd be inclined to unvote if another clear choice were presented.
Lowell wrote:Mokina is town. Why do we always blame the hammer when someone turns up town? If anything, we should blame the first votes, or those that innocuously slipped their votes in the middle. If we didn't want dcorbe to die, we wouldn't have put him at lynch-1. End of story.

DBE looks really bad. Her twilight rant says a lot, I think, as does her hasty cover-up. The fact that EL and zombie seem to be following her lead and attacking mokina rather than DBE is a bit alarming.
For a moment, it felt like Lowell was trying to ingratiate himself with me. The "twilight rant" was my first argument against her today, and he's restating it. But placing all subjective preference aside, buddying with me would hardly be a sensible mafia move. After all, nobody has attacked yet and I have inherited sketchiness from yesterday's hammer, so why would scum attack her and defend me?

Oh well. Might as well put my own suspicions out there.

Ladies and gentlemen, my current stance on DBE:

Darla had a single-minded conviction that both scum were among EL/TSN/Mokina as soon as the day began, not even bothering to look at the lurkers. Her targets were active scumhunters in particular, placing her vote on me based on yesterday's hammer.
Darla wrote:I don't like TSN's play, and I just know I will die soon, because i can feel myself on a trail here, so I am saying it now, for when/if I die and this game is over, our scum is in the Mokina/El/TSN group one or the other may not be But I'd bet a lot at least two of them are.
I'd like you to read this next part carefully. The quoted post was (471), around the time it was becoming clear that nobody else was going to join the Mokina wagon she was spearheading. When TSN proposed that the talkative people in the town could all just get along (476), Darla came out of nowhere and
agreed
with him (477), soon unvoting (486) and saying she was "definitely interested in the Iron Man case," which had been steadily gathering speed. I present to you her last statement about Iron Man, from a page ago:
Darla wrote:I have a sneaky suspicion he will come up town or at least not scum.
Cardflip setup, anyone? I don't know, but it scares me that she would change her mind about Iron Man so quickly after he became a viable lynch.
That's
opportunism, way more than the bandwagoning we pinned on Iron Man.
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:TSN: what makes you SO convinced neither Mokina or EL are scum?
She plays up TSN's certainty here, when all he's stated is that there's a lack of evidence in the cases. That's strawman, maybe rolefishing. It feels like she's grasping at straws for today's lynch; see post 462, where she puts EL's willingness to lynch Iron Man on a "blaring sirens and holding up a sign" level of scumminess.

TL;DR Edition:
I would be willing to vote for Darla instead of Iron Man if anyone thinks I'm not just jumping at shadows; in my opinion, it's a stronger case. I'd rather not vote for her without giving her the chance to reply, anyway. For now,
FoS: DarlaBlueEyes

In other news, a ZS reread might be in order. The FoS last page set him up for his recent vote, and neither came with much explanation. I'd also like to make a
Prod Request: mike-zim
"Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:09 am

Post by Mokina »

Iron Man wrote:@El
No offense, but blatantly stating that you would try to quicklynch a lurker instead of trying to dig farther into it, kinda sounds a little scummy to me.
Null tell.

Think of it this way. Would you, if you had been assigned the role "Mafia Goon," say you "wouldn't mind running the risk of him coming up town"? That's far just too suspicious for intelligent scum. I hate buddying up with EL, because it'll add more fuel to the Darla fire, but all the same I no longer trust Sigmund Freud to tell our inner motives from the stupid things we say.

I just realized we're at L-2, and that's dangerous enough. All the argument against Iron Man are attributable to newbiness, and there isn't really a solid case going against him. It's a bit like what TSN said about Darla's case against myself and EL: there's just not enough read, and bandwagoning someone who simply sits there and protests his innocence doesn't feel right. I'm no longer buying the Iron Man lynch... the ghost of dcorbe is haunting my dreams.

Unvote
; let's think about this.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:29 am

Post by Eldritch Lord »

I've stated it before, Darla's single-track mind is a serious threat to the Town--especially if she's wrong (judging by the fact she's not dead, it's a possibility she might be). She does seem quite set on sitting on one wagon while pushing others just to get lynch...

I'm not sure I'm ready to vote for her though, I need some time to think. I still believe there is some legitimacy to the Iron Man case.
"Impatience is a great obstacle to success; he who treats everything with brusqueness gathers nothing, or only immature fruit which will never ripen."
-Napoleon I
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:40 am

Post by Elmo »

Day 2, Vote Count #4

Iron Man (3) <- TheSweatpantsNinja, Eldritch Lord, ZombieSlayer54
Eldritch Lord <- Lowell

Not Voting: Iron Man, ZombieSlayer54, sideney, donkeyz12212, mike-zim, Lowell, DarlaBlueEyes, Mokina.
With 10 alive, it's 6 to lynch.

Farside22 will replace Mokina around the 21st; they may talk until she replaces in. mike-zim will be replaced if he doesn't respond to his prod inside 48 hours from when it was sent (post 493).
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:30 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

Mokina and EL are constantly validating and defending one another, it drives me up the wall. if you guys are not scum, PLEASE stop, so I can let go of my nagging suspicions of you two.
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:57 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

If I agree with someone's logic, I will say so (especially since I "agreed" with her several posts before hers). To deny logic simply to look Town seems like a scum move to me--you need to look at logic and stop being so set in your ways and you will stop being such a danger to Town.
"Impatience is a great obstacle to success; he who treats everything with brusqueness gathers nothing, or only immature fruit which will never ripen."
-Napoleon I
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:01 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Iron Man wrote:@El
@Iron Man,
No offense, but blatantly avoiding content for fear of being lynched, bandwagon sneaking, and lurking is a little scummy to me. Your post does not offer Town anything, it simply tells me that the reason I'm voting for you is justifiable.

I'm waffling here, DBE/Iron Man--something I hadn't considered until now seems slightly possible--doing some re-reading..

DBE&TSN, since I'm deciding whether you're scum or not I would like to direct this question at you and TSN.

What are your thoughts on:
TSN/Mokina
DBE/Mokina
TSN/Lowell
DBE/Lowell
And to defend yourselves:
DBE/TSN.
-Napoleon I
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:02 pm

Post by Mokina »

EL wrote:No offense, but blatantly avoiding content for fear of being lynched, bandwagon sneaking, and lurking is a little scummy to me. Your post does not offer Town anything, it simply tells me that the reason I'm voting for you is justifiable.
Careful. Just because someone doesn't contribute to the town doesn't mean they are scum. To me, it just feels like there are other, much more scummy options out there.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:39 am

Post by Lowell »

Everytime EL posts he's like a completely different person. Bizairre.

EL, clarify for me.

You suspect Mokina of being scum, right? And also DBE? Who do you suspect more, and why?
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:51 am

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

Lowell wrote:Everytime EL posts he's like a completely different person. Bizairre.

EL, clarify for me.

You suspect Mokina of being scum, right? And also DBE? Who do you suspect more, and why?
Hmm...

You know, that makes sense to me.

Time to make an EL re-read.
HIS NAME IS SIR JEREMY WILKINS, AND THAT IS HOW YOU SHALL ADDRESS HIM!
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:12 am

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Lowell wrote:Everytime EL posts he's like a completely different person. Bizairre.

EL, clarify for me.

On page 20 there is an in-depth analysis on each player. Not much has changed since then.

This is likely because I re-read a lot, and get a different impression each time I do (in conjunction with newer posts), I thought I usually had enough reasoning in each of my posts to justify the change of perspective.
-Napoleon I
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:50 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

First off, I don't know who people think analyses of every player help, but its not the town. Might as well give the scum a handwritten "who we should nightkill" list. Not that its scummy, because far too many people do it, but its not helpful.

I'm starting to sour on iron man a little bit myself. He doesn't sound desperate or OMGUSy, and that's a good sign. I'd still consider him a reasonable lynch, but I'm ready to move on.

Unvote, vote donkeyz.

Why do you think scum would be more likely to be active on a wagon?
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:06 am

Post by Mokina »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:Mokina and EL are constantly validating and defending one another, it drives me up the wall. if you guys are not scum, PLEASE stop, so I can let go of my nagging suspicions of you two.
I refuse to selectively validate other players' arguments based on your whims, Darla.

Some things EL says are stupid, but most of it is very well-reasoned. You should listen to him, really... you might learn something. If you think we're buddying up rather than simply both taking the same train of thought, you're welcome to give quoted examples.

Since D1, I have discovered that EL is not a clueless newbie. He may be trying to ingratiate himself with me, but that may require a reread. I'm too lazy to do that without specific examples from you to work with.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Iron Man
Iron Man
Goon
Iron Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:32 am

Post by Iron Man »

Just a heads up, I'm going to be out of town for the next few days, and I wont be back till about afternoon Sunday.

Other than that, no comment at this time.
I'm back.
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:35 am

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Unvote

I can't in good conscience vote for someone who won't even be there to defend themselves when I'm so close to dropping the vote anyways. TSN--I'm still interested in your prospective scumpairings and DBE--
IGMEOY
. Emotional scumhunting is still, as specified before, dangerous. Attacking people for agreeing with each other on logical concepts just seems off to me.
-Napoleon I
donkeyz12212
donkeyz12212
Goon
donkeyz12212
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:28 pm

Post by donkeyz12212 »

TSN, you are switching on and off a lot on votes. Jumping from one to the other? Why? Are you trying to merely put pressure is that why?

I think scum is more likely to be active on a wagon because they themselves know who is scum and who isn't, so by being early on a wagon, they can at least try to get people to target someone they know is innocent.

I don't think on D1 scum would vote for each other as there are so many choices.
Citizen Win: 2 out of 3
Mafia Win: 1 out of 1
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:22 pm

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

donkeyz wrote: TSN, you are switching on and off a lot on votes. Jumping from one to the other? Why? Are you trying to merely put pressure is that why?
Well, every vote that's not a hammer is at least some degree pressure, but its also at least some degree of calling out scumminess. I could "merely" apply pressure by asking questions.

Donkey, if that were the case, wouldn't leaders of wagons be constant targets?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:37 am

Post by armlx »

Here, will read soonish.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:40 am

Post by Elmo »

armlx replaces mike-zim. Cheers!

sideney has been prodded, for the fourth time. This prompts my displeasure.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:59 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

welcome armlx!

and I am not really ready to get on the doneyz or the iron man wagon yet simply because they lurk. I want more content from them personally.
Show
you done goofed.

sideney
sideney
Goon
sideney
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:10 pm

Post by sideney »

Vote TheSweatpantsNinja

I think that the pair TSN and EL is the most probable to be scum. From the begin the two agree pratically to all vote.
Show
As Town 2/3 Lose with 1/2 nk and 1/2 lynched.
As Scum 1/3 Win but 1/1 Lynch
As doc 1 time.
As cop 1 time.
I'm a fucking noob!
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:00 am

Post by armlx »

I think that the pair TSN and EL is the most probable to be scum. From the begin the two agree pratically to all vote.
Not a sign of being a scum pair however.

Also, still haven't reread, will after Father's Day festivities are over.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:04 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

I must say its in the back of my mind that TSN is a scum, but I have nothing to prove it with at this point.

My vote is still waffling, I dont think donkeyz is scum, i think he is just really newbie.

Iron Man could be, but I'm not convinced enough to vote yet.

Sidney cant read at all,

Lowell - possible scum, his play has been a bit flippant, but again not enough info.

Armlx/mike-zim was zilch so I come back to EL and Mokina. EL I am starting to think I may be wrong about now, considering his play today.

Of the two I suspect mokina more and you all can say im being black and white but I'm so sure mokina is scum I would even give up a signature space for whatever she wanted if she were not.

vote:mokina
Show
you done goofed.

Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:24 pm

Post by Mokina »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:Of the two I suspect mokina more and you all can say im being black and white but I'm so sure mokina is scum.
I would even give up a signature space for whatever she wanted if she were not
That's
an interesting tactic. Please write "Mokina OMGUSed me" in your signature now, you scumbag you.

Vote: DarlaBlueEyes
for the reasons mentioned in #501. I urge the town to read over my argument and think about whether it makes sense. Feedback would be appreciated.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”