Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:02 pm

Post by Glork »

In fact, I can name two big blunders from great players.

Last day of Space Monkey, when PJ had the scumgroup -- Glork/Nightson -- in the very palm of his hand, he manged to talk his way completely out of lynching us outright. In an effort to test me, he put Kleibian at Lynch-1. I subseuqently hammered and won the game outright. That game
still
haunts PJ.

Thok's was the one that led to his title, though a big part of it was a great claim by another player. In Married to the Mob, Thok (the SK, obviously) believed a Psychiatrist fakeclaim by scum. Thok stated (heavily paraphrased) "hey, I'm the SK. Convert me to town." Guess what? He was run up as soon as he said that.

Anyway, I agree that other people need to weigh in. I feel that this "what was Glork thinking" conversation has gotten distracting to actually finding scum and that the scums would be VERY content to keep the focus entirely on me. This conversation should have ended at "here is all the breadcrumbing I did," you saying "I find it hard to believe that you could assume that everyone was a dancing girl" and me saying "well then you are an ignorant git."
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:15 pm

Post by Elmo »

Wow, Glork's either mega pissed or doing a very good impression of it. Less seems to be happening than I thought. Huh. That's weird. Glork, you were going to, y'know,
grill people
, with fire and laser beams and stuff. We've got deadline in like ten days now, and if you're town you're probably not seeing the dawn of day 3 either way, so..?

I think you basically have to accept that either Glork made an uncharacteristic slip or he somehow planned out his claim from the very start whilst deliberately dropping a hint for no apparent reason. The second is just far too conspiracy-theoretic, really. I believe you can interpret it as banter to start off with (c.f. Mizzy), but comments like "my comment would have stated more about my own role than seeking reaction from others" seemed off to me at the time... I don't think it's ambiguous that there's some deliberate construction there. I am more prepared to believe this simply because I know Glork's been significantly pressed for time recently (and I believe that may have fed into his day 1 play, regardless of alignment) if I'm remembering correctly.

The "bodyguard"? Where? You're not thinking of the bouncer, right? The bouncer (flavour name) appears to be a governor (role name), distinct from bodyguard (role name). I don't think you're being scummy, just dense atm.

Actually, I find frustration a pretty good towntell. You?
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:08 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Frustration could go either way really. Scum are just as easy to get frustrated as town are.

Incog, it's ludicrous for you to think that this was all harmless banter from Glork. If he did so then why did he breadcrumb the way he did? (Don't try to say he didn't breadcrumb, he did.) Now if you think he is scum, then I'm going to believe that you believe that Glork had this whole thing set up from the beginning. That's a little far fetched to me. I'm much more inclined to believe that Glork is telling the truth rather than making this elaborate plan as scum. I'm not going to accept that it was harmless banter that Glork used to fall back on. First I thought you were being dense about this Incog, but since you pushed it so far, its has made you scummy.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:32 pm

Post by Incognito »

Yeah, I meant bouncer, not bodyguard. My bad. And yeah, I know it correlates with governor; that was brought up previously also.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:49 pm

Post by Incognito »

And scot, you believed Glork
before
he even pointed out all of his breadcrumbing in Post 497 just because you thought Tarhalindur's flavor made no sense. That's somewhat opportunistic of you to label me as scummy just because you can't see why I'd have a hard time believing that Glork was actually breadcrumbing. If it wasn't for my repeated questions, you wouldn't have even known that what Glork did early on was supposed to be breadcrumbing to begin with.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:27 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

It doesn't matter Incognito. It is clear that he was breadcrumbing. Just because I didn't notice doesn't mean he wasn't. Either you think he is scum who set this up, or he is really town. You are doing neither. Even when Glork has pointed out that he has breadcrumbed, you pick the completely unrealistic option that it was all harmless banter that was not part of a strategy at all. That is why you are scummy.

Yes, I believed Glork before he explained. That doesn't matter. And I did not believe that tar was scum over Glork jsut because tar's falvor does not make sense, and I fail to see how it makes any sense at all. The FBI would not know who the scum are simply by looking in th goddamn database. Regardless, however, I actually found Tar scummy if you recall. His flavor was not the only problem.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:43 pm

Post by PokerFace »

<<Will catch up tomorrow or on the weekend. I apoligize for not giving this game the attention it has due to it.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:20 pm

Post by Ether »

I do find both Glork slipping up as a dancer and a gaoler/governor combination to be plausible.
Post 472, PF wrote:I can see how that can be somewhat of a conection. However I don't exactly feel the same way Tar does since I don't know Glork's alignment, and that conection is dependent on Glork being scum. If Glork ain't scum then you can't be scum for those statements alone.
Post 477, Tar wrote:Fourth: Ether, I recognize that you have posted a defense. I have not yet had a chance to reread closely and fully evaluate your defense and your actions. Also, after reconsidering over my limited access period, I've decided that Elmo is actually somewhat more likely to be scum with Glork that you are (mainly because I don't remember Glork using Chainsaw Defense to protect you).
I'm under the impression that you have a stronger connection than what you posted and I responded to. I acknowledge that my speed in taking sides is a valid tell, but aside from that, what you've posted sucks.

I'm annoyed by both of your qualifiers.
Post 478, Elmo wrote:Ether: Why did you forget the possibility of a mafia roleblocker (iirc)?
I forgot because I failed to remember? I'm not sure what I'm supposed to say here.
Post 478, Elmo wrote:Why did you accept Glork's towntell on roland readily if you came into today feeling neutral (?) about Glork?
Clearly, I dropped the tell on you/Roland long before Day 2. I followed it at first because there was nothing else I could use to read Roland, and I was still giving Glork the benefit of the doubt. Later, I dropped it because your ELIZAvibe unnerved me. I voted Glork today because I was uncomfortable with the Tarwagon and Glork, who hadn't done much else aside from defend you, had a guilty on him. Furthermore, I could see you as scum with Glork easily enough. Anything I missed?
Post 479, Glork wrote:A question to those who have issues with my claim... Given that I basically stated that I was a dancing girl in my confirmation post, which do you find more likely:
A) I am a scum dancing girl; or
B) I am not a dancing girl but chose to cement the flavor of my role/claim before the game even began?
This is a false dilemma. I don't believe you'd have had to stick to those breadcrumbs--certainly not before I called you on it, but even after that.

Actually, that's not entirely true. The post (48) Elmo recently brought up does put me off; if you were scum, it would lock you out of a vanilla claim. I just don't see why you'd throw that sentence in under either alignment.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:12 am

Post by Glork »

Elmo wrote:Wow, Glork's either mega pissed or doing a very good impression of it. Less seems to be happening than I thought. Huh. That's weird. Glork, you were going to, y'know,
grill people
, with fire and laser beams and stuff. We've got deadline in like ten days now, and if you're town you're probably not seeing the dawn of day 3 either way, so..?
Yes, well, the day since then hasn't exactly panned out as I expected. Better than I had hoped, in some ways (because when I made my request, I would've given about 15% that I'd survive to night even), but I find myself trying to convince the insufferably stubborn Incognito that he's at least as bone-headed as he believes I am.

scot wrote:Frustration could go either way really. Scum are just as easy to get frustrated as town are.
While I agree with this, I would point out that frustration in scum usually manifests itself differently than frustration in town
Incog wrote:And scot, you believed Glork before he even pointed out all of his breadcrumbing in Post 497 just because you thought Tarhalindur's flavor made no sense. That's somewhat opportunistic of you to label me as scummy just because you can't see why I'd have a hard time believing that Glork was actually breadcrumbing. If it wasn't for my repeated questions, you wouldn't have even known that what Glork did early on was supposed to be breadcrumbing to begin with.
You're strawmanning at this point. Scot's response (just because I agreed with him before knowing he had breadcrumbed doesn't mean he didn't breadcrumb) is perfectly accurate. You are the ONLY person clinging to this notion that I called myself a dancing girl or implied as such no less than FOUR times in the first TWO PAGES of the game.

And as far as your last sentence goes, A) that's not entirely true -- I was the first to initiate the discussion by directly asking you to answer my question about my own breadcrumb; and B) the fact that your attacks led to me pointing out the full extent of my breacrumbing does not make you any more or less legitimate, or right.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:14 am

Post by Glork »

EBWOP:
Glork wrote:You are the ONLY person clinging to this notion that I
had no reason to call
myself a dancing girl or impli
y
as such no less than FOUR times in the first TWO PAGES of the game.
Grammar FTW.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:30 am

Post by Elmo »

While I remember: I've seen a game where Seol claimed non-vanilla with his first post. I can believe it, y'know?

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:51 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

23rd vote count
Glork - 3 (Tarhalindur, Ether, Incognito)
Tarhalindur - 3 (Glork, scotmany12, Erg0)

Not Voting - 5 (PokerFace, MafiaSSK, hasdgfas, Elmo, Mizzy)

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Current deadline: June 22nd, 3:00 PM EST
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:22 am

Post by Glork »

People, please place your votes, even if you're not sure that they will stay there. This may sound dumb, and we do have nearly nine days until deadline, but given how split the players currently are, this lynch will likely come down to who hit the higher number of votes first.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:22 am

Post by Glork »

More posts, please.

PokerFace, I especially expect something lengthy and insightful from you, given your last post.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:48 am

Post by Incognito »

I agree. I think I've become too tunnel-visioned on this Glork<->me argument.

Updates on things:
  • I feel like no matter which of the two is scum (Tarhalindur or Glork), hasdgfas seems like a good call for one of their scum buddies. His most recent post (Post 500) seems to indicate that he's leaning towards believing Glork over Tarhalindur but yet he still hasn't placed his vote on either one of the two. The general feeling I get from his posts is he seems to be waiting to see which bandwagon will catch some wind and then he'll eventually follow that wagon with a vote. Since both wagons are at an even stand-still, I still don't get the feeling that he's actually taken a position on either Tar or Glork despite Post 500.

• I'm not liking Tarhalindur's lurking much when this is a critical stage of the game. He's already claimed cop with a guilty and mentioned that his best method of scum-hunting is links to known scum, but I don't see much attack coming from him or this much-awaited analysis to display those links to Glork-scum. His lurking seems to go across the board to all of his games so maybe it's real-life issues but judging from his posting history, he did post on-site yesterday. Whatever the case, it does make me more leery of him since Glork has actually been making an effort at least as the deadline draws closer.

• Mizzy, PokerFace, and MafiaSSK need to post more during
    real time
    . I don't want continuous game summaries from PokerFace; I want him involved while things are happening. Mizzy promised something a few days ago but hasn't seemed to gotten around to it and MafiaSSK only posts when people direct things at him.

• I get an overall spectator-y type of vibe from Elmo that makes me uncomfortable. Glork, what is it about Elmo's play so far that you find to be pro-town?
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:24 am

Post by Elmo »

Vote
:
Tarhalindur
. Incognito: Metagame me, hey? Not sure I can be more specific than that. Gonna eat something, I'll read through again and post later; was expecting more from Glork, but I definitely come down on this side.

OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:44 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Seeking a replacement for MafiaSSK.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:38 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

eldarad replaces MafiaSSK, effective immediately. Welcome to the game eldarad!
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:10 am

Post by eldarad »

Gosh, this is exciting isn't it?
I've just skimmed this page, and there is nothing that requires my immediate attention, so I'm going to go back to the start and begin reading.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:27 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Right now, I'm planning on voting for Tar. Glork's most recent posts have been extremely convincing to me. However, I want eldarad to post some thoughts, because I don't want Tar hammered before eldarad has contributed his thoughts.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:48 am

Post by Incognito »

Mod:
Has Tarhalindur been prodded? If so, when?

also, welcome to the game, eldardad.
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:32 am

Post by eldarad »

OK, some questions first. Apologies if you've already been asked/answered them, just humour me. Those people who had to read my first post in PYP2 can relax - I'm not going to produce a 3000 word post any time soon.

Mizzy

How could you seriously believe that there was/is any other option for Today's lynch other than Glork or Tar?
Post 413 is breathtaking in it's non-committallness. (Although, God, MafiaSSk basically admits to lurking in post 414. Sigh.) I have no idea how someone, confronted with 2 mutually-exclusive claims, can decide to vote for someone completely unrelated. Can you explain?

Hascow

You were voting for MafiaSSK at the end of Day 1 when deadline hit. Why?
In particular, why
weren't
you on the Elmo wagon?

Also note that in Farscape Tarhalindur self-hammered as a townie. So I do appreciate you not putting Tar at L-1, since I haven't posted my thoughts yet, and I could totally see Tarcop self-hammering to reveal his role and prove his investigation result.

Glork

So, we have an interesting question here, don't we. Is a breadcrumb still a breadcrumb after you have denied it's existence in-thread?

How do you reconcile
Glork, post 492 wrote:So you find it unusual that I, a guy, claim to be a hot female in a strip-club themed game, and you think there's zero chance that I was breadcrumbing?
with
Glork, post 40 wrote:I do "what you were getting at," but I think you're confusing some harmless pre-game banter for fishing and subsequently making a DD out of an A.
Now, I see your answer to Incognito, and it gives me pause:
Glork, post 497 wrote:Glork replies immediately with some damage control, citing it as "harmless pre-game banter" but makes a play on "mountains out of molehills" using cup sizes -- an indicator to anybody who is paying really close attention.
...but then we get back to my first question. Once you've denied its existence, is it still a breadcrumb? How can a breadcrumb you have denied existing then be used to support your claim later?

Tar

Where the hell are you?
Do you still think Ether is linked to Glork? She was the first to follow your guilty result with a vote. Does that reinforce the Glork-Ether link or disprove it?

I can't actually think of many meaningful questions for Tar (the only really relevant one is "Are you
really
a cop? Honestly?"), but there are plenty in-thread already that he hasn't answered. Not that I hold any hope of him actually answering them, if Farscape is an accurate reflection of his posting style/frequency.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:57 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Incognito wrote:
Mod:
Has Tarhalindur been prodded? If so, when?
Tarhalindur has been prodded. (Right now.)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:50 am

Post by PokerFace »

Erg0 wrote:What is it that you don't follow in 463?
I was half asleep when I read it before, but basically your logic states that a vulnerable to investigation Glork scum would not have played the way he did on day1. I admit that you know how Glork plays better than I do since this is my first experience with Glork in the same game as me, but I not sure I like the idea of he would play better than this as a vulnerable to investigation scum. Evrybody makes mistakes.

In post #474, #475 Glork refutes some of my logic. I guess I better understand what he meant with the varying playstyle and he wants something there to save his ass just in case as town. I personally would only want something to save my ass if I were scum, but nevertheless his logic does make better sence now. A little more on this next paragraph.

In posts #474, #476 Glork better explains why he believe other players were dancers. I think I may now understand why I once got that vibe that Glork thought Ether would have reasons to be jealous. I think my original view/problem involving this point and the one in the last paragraph was that I believed they indeed were mutally exclusive. I thought Glork was trying to say something along the lines of I'm a dancer and I'm a power role. Everyone else must be dancer's and they would be power roles. I think I may have been drawing a bit of a bad assumption/line of thought there. I was thinking like incognito was in post #499. Considering the game Glork links in #504 later on I see how all players were dancers and how certainly all of them weren't power roles.
Glork wrote:A question to those who have issues with my claim... Given that I basically stated that I was a dancing girl in my confirmation post, which do you find more likely:
A) I am a scum dancing girl; or
B) I am not a dancing girl but chose to cement the flavor of my role/claim before the game even began?.
This is a very good question. I was indeed previously considering him being a scum dancing girl, but there are some problems with considering that. The scum are the Moretti's right? And since they are a mob group associated with the club, it is unlikly that all of them would be dancers. And if they aren't all dancers and since scum in every game can always talk during pregame, I'm fairly certain Glork scum dancing girl would have realized his mistake of all players not being dancers alot sooner.
Glork wrote:By the way,....
PokerFace wrote:And despite his acclaim, I wouldn't call Glork the highest profile player in this game.
...you may be entitled to your opinion, but fact is, Erg0 (referring to me as a "night action magnet at the best of times") knows I'm one of the highest-profile players.

Even more importantly, Tarh himself said this just now:
Tarh wrote:2) I had a guilty on one of, if not THE most prominent player in the game.
This is HUGE, PokerFace, because it exactly supports the point I was trying to make. Regardless of whether YOU think I'm high-prof, the
player
lyingdirtyscumbag who claimed a guilty on me thinks I'm top of the line.

Thus, as I said before: If he's going down and wants to take someone out first, he'll take high-profile. He just stated that he thinks I'm very high-profile.

I rest my case.
Well I'll be damned. I am droping my earlier line of reasoning since it doesn't entirly matter who I would consider the most promient player. It would indeed matter who Tarhalindur considered was the prominent player.

Also just for clarification sake, I am not sure crumbing is the right word to describe what you did early day 1. Crumbing is done deliberately; while if you really are a dancing girl, you revealed parts of your role completely on accident in your earliest of comments because of your mistake of everyone else being dancers. So yes you did imply a dancer role early in the game, but I'm not so sure it was all on purpose. The later crumbs you point out in #497 may have been done on purpose but the earliest ones weren't entirely. Either way though, purposely or accidently, in a joke or not, the "crumbs" still heavily aid the possibility you are a dancing girl.

1) I did not look at the thread until the time that I claimed. By that point, I was at L-2 with more than ten players alive. Under such conditions I consider a claim OBLIGATORY, to the extent that I would be attacking you for failing to force the claim if you had backed off the wagon.

2) I had a guilty on one of, if not THE most prominent player in the game. Under such conditions, I would have been strongly inclined to claim even if I was not already in claim range.
Here, in post 477 Tarhalindur first two points explain why he didn't defend himself earlier because he felt his claim was absolutly necessary at that time, HOWEVER that does not explain why he won't address the comments of that case on him, now.

As it stands there have been numerous comments about flavor with both Glork and Tarhalindur's claims being off.
Glork wrote:
Elmo wrote:Glork: What does your scumgroup look like now? iirc, you protect people by taking them into the VIP section, but the flavour indicates kills happen after everyone's gone home - can you comment on that? Can you articulate why you thought Patrick was scum?
...Firstly, I'm not sold on the idea that kills happen after everyone goes home. Secondly -- though my flavor doesn't state this explicitly, it is reasonable to assume that I give my target some "special attention" (if ya know what I mean) all night long, which would perfectly explain how they can neither harm nor be harmed...
scotmany12 wrote:How he gets the results does not fit at all. He says he gets his results from the FBI database. If the computer knew who was scum or not, then why would he go into an investigation uninformed? I didn't have a problem with the FBI part. How he gets the results just doesn't fit at all. And the FBI thing should be a null tell. It is in the opening post, scum can use it for a fake claim. I don't think it supports his claim at all.
Where do the killings happen/how does Glork's "service" stop that and why would Tarhalindur go into the investigate the club if he's already got a database with the info on it. Something I don't think anyone has pointed out would be these two flavor comments by OGML.
OhGodMyLife wrote:
"Be careful what you say!" warns a third person. "They're probably still here. They're probably among us right now." The implications of that statement are quickly realized. The doors to the club are quickly shut and barred.
"No police then. We do this the old fashioned way."
OhGodMyLife wrote:
With that, the bouncer ushers the emotionally and physically drained crowd out the door of the club, agreeing that all will return tomorrow.
So we were barred inside and then after the lynching with the bouncer's intrusion we were all sent go home. Bee nice if all did return to club too. But regardless shouldn't we still be barred inside based on the original flavor? And if we were allowed to go home Tarhalindur wouldn't need to call his superiors to check the database he could just go to the database and check himself. So I guess there are a few things off with both flavor's in general if you look at what OGML wrote.

As things stand most of the stuff I said on Glork has indeed been proven wrong. He could very well be a dancing girl and if he was a scum dancing girl {assuming the other scum aren't dancing girls (The dead npc was a dancing girl)} he would have likely realized his error in thought during pregame instead of during the game. Tarhalindur has not made great aknowledgement of the case Glork put on him earlier and it would appear that he is attacking the most prominent player in his mind. I am no longer heavily leaning on voting Glork, I'm waiting for Tarhalindur's next comments to decide what to do.

I do have one question for Elmo or whoever may know the answer while I wait on tarhalindur. What is meant by the word inertia?
Elmo wrote:I am assuming that Glork knows how to play his metagame, and that the "obstinate" d1 style gets used equally as town/scum. If that's wrong, someone correct me; I have no desire to plough through however many completed games. I'm not influenced by that in either direction. I sort of expected Glork to grill everyone apart from Tar and get a read from him based on that. Doesn't seem to have happened, so much.
Inertia
means I still dislike Tar. Eh.
And don't go scientifical on me. I know that inertia is the force that keeps you going when you try to stop or slowdown. I am not quite getting why you are using that word to describe why you still disliked Tarhalindur.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:05 pm

Post by Glork »

Okay. To try to clear up this "breadcrumbing" thing...

When I first crumbed my role, I had assumed that everyone was a dancing girl. The
breadcrumb
came in the fact that I kept referring to myself as gorgeous, the hottest, etc. That was intended as a breadcrumb, and given that context (my initial assumption), it still functions as a breadcrumb.

The "damage control" (aka, denial) came only
after
I realized that not everyone was a dancing girl, and I had believed that I had blatantly given my role away (as opposed to crumbing something).

Eldarad, I'm not sure I can satisfactorily answer your question one way or another. What I can say is that I absolutely INTENDED to breadcrumb my role, but when I came to believe that I has
pseudo-claimed
(as opposed to merely crumbing), that's when I pulled back.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”