Newbie 580 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:09 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

WLC wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:
WeyounsLastClone wrote:

And you seem to redirect all your questions to Muerrto, try to get recognition by him? I'm not sure you're trying to get him on your side, or if it could be a charade.
How exactly am I trying to get Muerrto on my side with my post…please explain that theory. Also, if I am a scum pair with Muerrto (as you have stated 2-3 times now)..why am I trying to get him on my side?
That's why there's an or in that sentence. You could be scum and Muerrto town (trying to get him fall for your attacks against me), or you could be a scumpair, which would make your interaction with Muerrto a charade to distance a bit.
Again you avoid questions. Please explain how I am trying to get Muerrto on my side?
WLC wrote:
Of course you'd call bullshit on my CKD/Muerrto scum pair, it wouldn't make much sense for you to confirm your status if you're scum
I am calling bullshit on the fact you are trying to push a CKD/Muerrto scum pair..meaning I don’t think you really believe it, because you actions do not match your words.
WLC wrote: I'm really not liking how you try to force me in a Muerrto vote, using illogical statements.
I am not trying to “force” you to do anything..and nothing I have said is illogical. You want us to believe that you think CKD/Muerrto are scum together. At the time, Muerrto is tied for votes. If you really thought that Muerrto was scum over Mac who he was tied with, then you should have voted him. That is why I am calling bullshit. You don’t really think I am a scum pair with Muerrto…or you don’t really think that Muerrto is scum. Your actions do not match you words, which is a huge scum tell. If you really don’t believe this (that I and Muerrto are a scum pair), I want to know why you said it. If you really believe it, I want to know why you didn’t vote Muerrto, but stated that you thought he was scummy. So what you think I am scummier, you think my partner is Muerrto (as you have stated)..why not get rid of my scum partner when you had a chance, versus just stating you think we are a scum pair.
WLC wrote: The only good point you have is that my vote at this moment doesn't have much meaning. But then you end with
curiouskarmadog wrote: Vote weyounnslastclone
and I could repeat your own question 'Now that Mac and Muerrto are tied for votes...shouldnt you be trying to get scum lynched?' Or do you know something we don't?
I am, at the moment, neither are leading on who I think is scum. Why would I vote either at this point? You on the other hand want to push that Muerrto and I are a scum pair, so YOU answer the question now…again, “I think you are scummier than Muerrto” is not an answer, if you really want us to believe you think we are a scum pair.
WLC wrote: If you can show me content where you really did something townie, then yeah, i'd be interested in that.
What a silly request. The protownness of my actions will not be shown true until everyone’s alignment is known. I have been scum hunting all game...what have you done? Have you even pushed a reasonable case against me that has made sense? You have done very little this game…why? Being lazy and “I lurk in all games” is not an excuse.
WeyounsLastClone wrote: Actually, the only game I've been scum (my first game), I think was the game where I posted most actively of all my games.
thanks for the WLC guide to "when I am scum"..surely WLCscum, wouldnt break that mold

now for Amor’s bigger response.

Official Vote Count

Macavenger - 2 (Amor, Muerrto)

Muerrto - 1 (Harvey Pew)
curiouskarmadog - 1 (WeyounsLastClone)

Not Voting - 3 (curiouskarmadog, Gamma, Macavenger)

4 to Lynch
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:16 am

Post by Muerrto »

Um...WLC I apprecite being compared to 2 newbie players but seriously, yeah. How exactly do you explain the rapid back to back unvote?
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:21 am

Post by Macavenger »

Muerrto wrote:Um...WLC I apprecite being compared to 2 newbie players but seriously, yeah. How exactly do you explain the rapid back to back unvote?
I have no idea what Gamma's doing, but I was just trying to get you off L-1 while waiting for CKD to talk. Since my vote will no longer be -1 on you,
Vote: Muerrto
"By far the towniest player in the game. Very good scum hunting, doesn't let anyone off the hook. All in all I find Mac's posts insightful and thought-provoking. " - Vel-Rahn Koon
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:52 am

Amor wrote:
You have, however, said "I said BaB was town" many times though, so I guess that's close. You evidently thought (if you were town) that I was scummier than BaB, in which case it would be fair to vote for me over him. However, you certainly weren't saying he was definitely town.

I'm not "trying to make you look scummy", you're doing a good enough job of that by yourself. And lay off the "you lynched a townie" card already, mislynches happen, and it's ridiculous to say that everyone who's responsible for a townie lynch is scum.
I did state that BaB could be scum, but toward the end of the day (as I stated today and yesterday) I thought he was just idiot town. I did think you were scummier than BaB yesterday..thus my actions.
I did think that BaB was scummy at times. Especially given his attacks. At one point, during that exchange it became hard for me to believe that BaBscum would keep pushing lies and jumps in assumptions as a case. Could scum do that, yes..do I think BaBscum was doing it doubtful. As I have stated numerous times today and yesterday I thought he was just idiot town. I did think your action were scummier, as stated. The only reason I brought up “you lynched a townie” is because you are trying to make me look scummy through my interaction with BaB, but completely forgetting the fact that you actually was the one that lynched him, not me. Mislynches happen, yes, but it is not a mislynch if you are scum.
Amor wrote: You still haven't explained what the pro-town thing for me to do here was. Since going after you would be springing the second part of my trap, and backing off of you is leaving myself open for future bandwagons, what would you expect a pro-town player to do in this situation?
You have a point here. Because I have had scummy vibes coming off you since I entered this game, it is quite possible that I am tunnel visioning on you. I see scum when you set up lynches yesterday…I see scum when you leave yourself open today. I concede this point. One of my problem with you, is that I am not certain why you are pushing I am scummy. I haven’t really seen a case from you that has one good point in it. You seem wishy washy on me today…you think I am scum…state a case 3-5 points will be fine.
Amor wrote:
I would ask you the same questions about my alleged lies. BaB was in fact posting frequently in the last few pages of Day 1. He certainly wasn't posting "barely at all".
I have a feeling this point will end up in some sort of semantics war. It is a fact that BaB was posting (at the end of the day) no where near the frequency that he was when he entered the game. When he did post it lack length and content. So “barely at all” is not a lie. But lets say for an instance, I was deviously trying to lie about this point. For what fucking purpose? Anyone can go back to see if I am lying or not. If this is a sticking point to your case that I am scum..I can do back (and waste my time) to do a post frequency analysis of BaB for you. But I think you know what I will find. This is my I think you are scummy today, you keep pushing bullshit like this.
Amor wrote:
Hell, discussing him isn't particularly scummy, but the fact that you're trying to deny this is another scummy action.
Jesus Christ..another semantic thing. I was defending myself from BaB’s attacks…in the process I did “discuss BaB”. What you are trying to portray (and I can quote your post again if need) that all I did yesterday was sit around and discuss BaB…which was not true.
Amor wrote:
I forgot about your earlier suspicions, okay? The point remains that you didn't start pushing a case on me and attacking me agressively until I started suspecting you, and you didn't start suspecting WLC at all until he voted you.
No it is not ok..you back track and “exaggerate” to prove a point. Who does that? If I feel like someone is scummy, I reread and check my points when I present a case to make sure I am correct. You did not bother. And you really don’t have a point. You are making it look like I attacked WLC BECAUSE he voted me. Which is untrue. I attacked him because HOW HE ATTACKED me. Lets say someone says (lies) you are a guilty of murder because you drove the car that hit the victim. But you didn’t drive the car. You wouldn’t attack them back for lying? You wouldn’t think they were “scum” because they are lying. Or lets say someone pushes that you a guilty because you owned the car and painted it red…you wouldn’t attack them for their silly ass case?

You point is timing…which is not a point in this circumstance.
Amor wrote:
The reason I find such agressive defense scummy is because it basically casts suspicion on anyone trying to accuse you, and discourages others from attacking you because they too will be attacked. This is generally anti-town (
town can attack other town, as you are well aware.
)
Didn’t you start to attack me once I threw suspicion on you? Also please address the bolded…what did you mean here?
Amor wrote:

You were doing what you accused BaB of doing in spinning, assuming my motives behind a post and stating them as facts. How do you know that they weren't simple mistakes? You are doing a lot of name-calling and similar attacks in this game.
Mistakes like the reasoning behind you felt BaB was scum? Other than calling you a liar and BaB an idiot town (which we all include BaB agreed), what name calling have I done..please post…or, are you just exaggerating again?
Amor wrote:
I am now pretty sure curiouskarmadog is scum
Please present a case as to why….3-5 points (dont give me the crap that you already have)..because you haven’t…you have just “exaggerated”, made "mistakes", back tracked, and pushed worthless points.

Now to other points
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:14 am

Mac and Gamma, did you address Harvey’s recent statements about Muerrto, alignment, and lynching?

One point I wanted to bring up is this
td wrote: My second suspect right now is pinkkitten90, mainly for the fact that she replaced cerebus3 (who did a great effort to distract from BridgesAndBaloons) and lied (or at least overexaggerated greatly) about `being almost lynched as cop because of being female.'
TD was all over BaB and cerebus/pink yesterday. I thought I remember TD saying this yesterday but it took me awhile to find this quote. Now all this is WIFOM. Understand I am not pushing this as a case, but it should be considered. I was trying to figure out why TD was offed last night. IF WLC was scum, I figured he would have taken me out last night without getting too much heat today for…Amor couldn’t really though. I really thought after BaB flipped town I would have been killed. So why TD over me. As far as I can tell, TD didn’t say anything that looked like a power role. The only other suspect that TD aggressively attacked while here was pink/cerebus.

Gamma (pink’s replacement) as following Mac around all day. One scum trait that I have found is following or buddying up. I don’t think that Gamma has buddied with Mac, per say, but he has followed.

Gamma, would like to hear your thoughts on Mac and Merrto’s point that you have been following him around.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:16 am

going to be gone friday until monday, should be posting again on Tuesday...posting in all games.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Gamma
Gamma
Goon
Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:47 am

Post by Gamma »

curiouskarmadog wrote:Gamma, would like to hear your thoughts on Mac and Merrto’s point that you have been following him around.
Well, I can't be responsible for the actions of Mac, but here is an incomplete list of all the interactions (IE voting) Mac and I have done d2 by the time I replaced in.

By page 28 when I started paying attention, vote count:

Official Vote Count

Amor - 2 (Macavenger, Harvey Pew)
WeyounsLastClone - 1 (curiouskarmadog)

Not Voting - 4 (Amor, Gamma, Muerrto, WeyounsLastClone)

4 to Lynch
Macavenger - 1 (Amor)
Harvey Pew - 2 (Gamma, Muerrto)
Muerrto - 1 (Harvey Pew)

Not Voting - 1 (WeyounsLastClone)

4 to Lynch
Page 29's vote would change to Muerrto.

Please note at page 30
Macavenger votes Muerrto after me on page 30.

And somewhere round that way you completely ignore harvey pew's voting, who still has his vote on Muerrto. :)

I think the most accurate description I can find on babelfish is, "Following, my ass".

vote Muerrto

Please, make a case to convince me you are not scum without having to point fingers.
V/LA until I get a new computer
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:49 am

Post by Muerrto »

Actually Mac never commented on Gamma's following. He actually side stepped it quite nicely and re-voted me.

Harvey, if you want some action/progress, how bout you remove your vote off me and put it somewhere more productive?

I'd like everyone's response and explanations as to what we're seeing between Gamma and Mac.

Obvious? Yes. But they're both relatively new, Gamma more so, and Gamma doesn't quite seem to have grasped the game yet(no offense meant) so I can see the following matching his playing so far. Gamma is also Kitten who was also umm...not quite getting the hang of things.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Gamma
Gamma
Goon
Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:51 am

Post by Gamma »

Muerrto wrote: I'd like everyone's response and explanations as to what we're seeing between Gamma and Mac.
By what I've seen from looking back it looks more like Mac's been following my votes d2.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:57 am

Post by Muerrto »

You just followed his vote again....

And I don't defend myself. my job here is to scumhunt, ie POINT FINGERS!!! That's the game. Why would you tell me to stop pointing fingers?

Comments everyone else?
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:18 am

Muerrto is back to -1.

Gamma your thoughts on Harvey's posts yesterday?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Gamma
Gamma
Goon
Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:39 am

Post by Gamma »

curiouskarmadog wrote:Gamma your thoughts on Harvey's posts yesterday?
Well I'm not sure what to think of post of 806.

and 811,
I am not certain. So, by my (in)action I am suggesting an acid test - we slice through the verbiage and put Macavenger's suspicions to the ultimate test.

If we lose a townie it will be bad - as it will then be clear we've lost a canny observer - but we can take his arguments on from there and clean up. And if Macavenger is correct it is all good.

In a way the Mac/Muerrto argument suggests that neither of them are scum (or the scum are playing a really delicious gambit) as they have both really screwed themselves if their target is town.
I notice he's only focusing on Mac and Muerrto (but I didn't read page 32, so he might've been answering a question).
I'd wish Harvey would post a little more, I'd like to know what he means by acid test.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:40 am

if Muerrto flips town, who do you think is the obvious lynch he is talking about?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Gamma
Gamma
Goon
Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:41 am

Post by Gamma »

Muerrto wrote:And I don't defend myself. my job here is to scumhunt, ie
POINT FINGERS!!!
That's the game. Why would you tell me to stop pointing fingers?
Because pointing fingers =/= scumhunting
It's just laying down suspicions everywhere, which is not scumhunting.

I do think that this is just the way you worded the post but pointing fingers=/=scumhunting.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:51 am

Post by Muerrto »

Gamma wrote:
Muerrto wrote:And I don't defend myself. my job here is to scumhunt, ie
POINT FINGERS!!!
That's the game. Why would you tell me to stop pointing fingers?
Because pointing fingers =/= scumhunting
It's just laying down suspicions everywhere, which is not scumhunting.

I do think that this is just the way you worded the post but pointing fingers=/=scumhunting.
Um...pointing fingers and saying 'you're scum' isn't scum hunting?

Okay, enlighten me. What is scum hunting and how have you performed it so far this game?
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Gamma
Gamma
Goon
Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:10 am

Post by Gamma »

Muerrto wrote:Um...pointing fingers and saying 'you're scum' isn't scum hunting?
No it's not. Pointing fingers and saying you're scum doesnt have any evidence, does it?
Also Muerrto wrote:Um...pointing fingers and saying 'you're scum' isn't scum hunting?

Okay, enlighten me. What is scum hunting and how have you performed it so far this game?
See: You, Macavenger, etc.
Gamma
Gamma
Goon
Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:11 am

Post by Gamma »

curiouskarmadog wrote:if Muerrto flips town, who do you think is the obvious lynch he is talking about?
Either me or Macavenger.
Im on the paranoid side so im guessing me.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:16 am

and you are completely fine with this..or you are just THAT certian that Muerrto is scum?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:30 am

Post by WeyounsLastClone »

For your information ckd, I only said I found you and Muerrto the most likely pair. I find the both of you the most suspicious. And that doesn't mean you're automatically a pair, but in your case I also don't see that you're absolutely not a pair. Maybe I'm too afraid to make the wrong move and place the blame on me if you are the actual scum and Muerrto's turns out not to be your partner. But the way you're talking into Gamma now makes me think you aren't entirely happy with Muerrto being at -1.

And Muerrto, sure pointing fingers is useful when hunting scum, but some real argument wouldn't hurt to add. And you have to handle being pointed at as well, and not only with the 'I wouldn't do that'-argument. Since my ckd-vote isn't really getting anywhere and in (ironically) ckd is somewhat right that I probably have to choose between Mac and Muerrto, I find Muerrto the most suspicious.

Seems I can't stop babbling, but basically I guess it's time to take a stance and hope my feelings are right.
Unvote. Vote Muerrto.
"I wish you hadn't done that."
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:31 am

Post by Muerrto »

Gamma wrote:
Muerrto wrote:Um...pointing fingers and saying 'you're scum' isn't scum hunting?
No it's not. Pointing fingers and saying you're scum doesnt have any evidence, does it?
Also Muerrto wrote:Um...pointing fingers and saying 'you're scum' isn't scum hunting?

See: You, Macavenger, etc.
Etc? I'm pretty sure it was just you and Mac. Where's the Etc?

I also gave evidence, you just don't like the evidence. You also didn't site examples of your own 'scum hunting'. Could you please?
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:38 am

Post by Muerrto »

Wow...fast hammer...

And without discussing the Gamma/Mac thing...sorry was posting this simul as he hammered me so yeah, talking in twilight hehe, oh well
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:49 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Final Day 2 Vote Count

Macavenger - 2 (Amor, Muerrto)
Muerrto - 4 (Harvey Pew, Macavenger, Gamma, WeyounsLastClone)

Not Voting - 1 (curiouskarmadog)

4 to Lynch
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:53 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

vote, unvote, vote, unvote....

Gamma and Mac go back and forth, back and forth, making the Mod dizzy and lightheaded.

WLC is the only one kind enough to step in and end the Mod's misery.

Muerrto
Townie
, Lynched Day 2

Night has begun. Those of you with night actions must submit your choices by Sunday, June 15th.

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:23 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Sorry folks, but Gamma's not going to be able to join you for the deliberations. Seems like he's developed an anaphylaxic response to lead...

Gamma,
Townie
, Killed Night 2

Day 3 has begun. With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:13 am

Post by Harvey Pew »

Vote: Macavenger

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”