Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:42 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

Vote count
:

Primate: 5 (DestroyerOfTheSky, Mr Stoofer, KingPin, massive, mathcam)
Mr Stoofer: 2 (The Fonz, Primate)
mneme: 1 (Johoohno)
Johoohno: 1 (Primate)
DestroyerOfTheSky: 1 (mneme)

Not voting, but can
: TheSweatpantsNinja

1 more to lynch Primate, 4+ for anyone else.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:08 pm

Post by mathcam »

Okay, all caught up. There are a lot of major topics to comment on, so some of these opinions will be brief, and can be expanded upon if there's people still wanting to discuss them. I realized I might have missed the boat on some parts.

Stoofer
: I remain convinced that the original attack on Stoof was meritless. He's lying, granted, but much in the same way that someone who claims to be voting randomly, but is actually making a joke vote, is lying. That he did it twice is certainly more damning, but there are no even mildly compelling (in fact, most were completely ridiculous) explanations for why he would do this as scum. (Emp's anecdote about his lurker vote being misconstrued by the town later is quite tangential -- people can make mountains out of molehills in any of a million different ways.) I find laziness, ego, flippancy all vastly more plausible explanations. And Emp, I think asking for evidence of pro-town actions is a hard question -- do you mean "helpful" instead of "pro-town"? I think Stoof's 317 seems pretty pro-town.

That said, there are several things that don't sit right with me about Stoof. While I initially understood Stoof's misread of mneme's "L-1 without comment" bit, that he continued to press this issue seemed a little scummy. Also, the repeated "lynch me now" in reference to the sloppiness accusations seemed a little over-the-top.

Primate
: I still don't have a strong feeling one way or the other on his initial offering of one vote to EmpTyger. I think I would characterize my current stance as that it was better for Primate to split the votes since we get more information that way - we get information when Emp tries to vote, when Primate tries to vote, and when Primate decides what to do with Emp's vote. That said, there were points made intelligently both ways. I still find Primate's characterization of his role as "doc-like" very suspect. While I can see applications that make him function as a doc, there are also many applications that don't. It sounds more to me like he was trying to oversell the townliness of his role -- to me, this is a much worse kind of lie than Stoof's, as there is a clear benefit to scum to doing so. There's also the possibilities that he was still in the progress of making up his role at the time, or of deciding how much his more scum-oriented role he could get away with claiming as pro-town, or of deliberately claiming a controversial role and target to satisfy Massive's cleverness condition. Finally, there's the possibility that he's completely telling the truth about his role but is still scum. This adds up to pretty decent odds in my book.

Massclaim
: I fully grant that power-roles have a diminished utility in this game. Emp would say useless, and I would put them distinctly higher than that. In addition, mafia may very well have roles that are indistinguishable from pro-town roles. That several people, myself included, have voiced the opinion that Primate may very well be telling the truth about his role and still be scum is evidence that I am not alone in this belief. Repeatedly calling my objections "blindly following a meta" is aggravatingly dismissive. The only remotely "blind" thing I've said is that mods typically make it disadvantageous for the town to massclaim, but even this is bolstered by the
fact
that TSS has a good deal of mafia experience.

Kingpin
: Kingpin stuck out on the re-read. His response to Stoof's vote was a little weird, and he suggested the existence of a role-blocker and a vote-doubler to explain the voting situation, when a vote-mover seems much more natural. In fact, he does it again later on page 13, after it's been pointed out that a vote-mover is the most likely explanation:
Kingpin wrote:The other troubling thing about all of this is the obvious coincidence that Emp lost a vote and Primate gained a vote. Primate targeted Emp. TSN targeted Primate. So someone took a vote away from someone. And then someone gave a vote to another. That is a whole lot of targeting around Emp and Primate. One to protect, one to vote block, one to vote give, one to power block or target switch. On two players N-1. I call BS.
In reagards to Primate's vote donation, he writes "Technically speaking, the game was set up this way for a reason. You have two votes and EmpTyger has none." This seems like a silly philosophy to me -- the game was set up with scum for a reason, too, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to remedy that situation. His attack on Primate in post 73 seemed backwards to me, as was pointed out later. Of Emp's 3 points against Kingpin, I'd evaluate the 1st as reasonably strong, the 2nd as invalid (debated at length since then), and the 3rd as too convoluted to really contain much critical information.

Random/Recent Stuff
: I'd like to re-iterate points of Stoof and DoTS agreeing thatt people have been way too quick to confuse misinterpretation with lying, and other such overreactions. In fact, I find myself agreeing with DoTS more recently, and after the re-read, with much of the stuff he said earlier too. I didn't even snag on the same line that earned DoTS my vote the first time around. In particular, DoTS makes a good point in post 101 about pandering, I think Massive is reading too much in to TSN reveal -- I think TSN thought he had information that was of importance to the town and decided to share it. This was probably born more out of an excitement at having relevant information to share and the desire to do good with it than a laid out plan of rescuing Primate. While mneme has some points against him, I thnk my initial vote on him wasn't as strong as I thought at the time.

I'd put my current list (of 4, I'm cheating, I know) at

Primate
Stoof/Kingpin
mneme.

Cam

p.s. Emp, chill out. This is one of the least lazy towns I've ever seen. Almost every single post in this game has some well-thought-out content in it, and it's been a fairly long and eventful first day. I've literally spent 5-6 hours trying to process everything carefully. I'm among the least active posters and even I've been averaging about one every two days. And there's a limit to what I can bring myself to be excited about processing -- when I get to the thread and there's gigantic posts where you attack mneme despite not being particularly suspicious of him, or go back and forth with Kingpin, or where we all accuse each other of being liars, or where we debate the definition of regardless, it's perhaps understandable that I choose to spend time with my 2-month-old daughter instead.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:22 am

Post by The Fonz »

DestroyeroftheSky wrote:
Fonz, I realise you think he's not scum, but why? Just his claim alone?
Evidently not. Reading is tech. You said earlier that you wanted everyone to support the primate wagon, or give a damn good case for someone else. There is a damn good case for Stoofer. It's been stated over and over.

I believe he's not scum because I see no reason to believe he is scum. His posts have made me think 'petulant child' not scum. I don't believe Primate as scum would do this to his buddies. It's easily possible that he, as town, would want to stick it to the rest of the game. Honourable? No, and he should have been replaced long ago. But it ain't lynchworthy.

Given that he has claimed a useful role, and he's not even in my top handful of suspects, why should I vote him? I'm not insisting Stoofer or bust here. It just so happens that the second biggest wagon is one I support, and the biggest is one I oppose.
You don't think scum could have the same role?
Redirector? *Shrugs.* Sure, it's possible. It's not a reason to suspect him. And it's a useful role to town nonetheless.

And with about 2 days to go until deadline, Stoofer at L-4 and Primate at L-1, I'm not sure how viable a counter-wagon that really is. Again, if you think it's really that much better a lynch and worth trying to realise in 2 days, go for it. Otherwise, at the very least, unvote.
It seems to me awfully like you're saying I should help the leading wagon over the top just because it's the leading wagon. That's crap. I think it's a bad wagon, an excuse to distract attention from Stoof, and that's what I'm sticking to. TSN is willing to hammer Primate anyway- and then you'll have a wagon made of people who are at least willing to resign themselves to it.

I'm all for players compromising to get a lynch. But I see it as being willing to vote a second or third suspect, not being willing to lynch absolutely anyone regardless of how bad you think the case on them is. If we lynched people for antisocial, rather than antitown, behaviour, I'd have suffered far more town lynches than I have.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:14 am

Post by mneme »

Fonz: Unless you have special knowledge, Lynch > No Lynch.

While Primate is only among my top 5, not my top 3, I'm likely to put that theory into pracitce in the next hour or three.
Did I say too much?
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:04 pm

Post by mneme »

No response = hammer. G'night (and have a good weekend), everyone.

unvote
vote: Primate
Did I say too much?
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:41 pm

And that will do it for Primate.

Final vote count
:

Primate: 5 (DestroyerOfTheSky, Mr Stoofer, KingPin, massive, mathcam, mneme)
Mr Stoofer: 2 (The Fonz, Primate)
mneme: 1 (Johoohno)
Johoohno: 1 (Primate)

Not voting, but can
: TheSweatpantsNinja

With that, Primate is lynched. He was the
deflector
, deflecting all night actions (except his own) aimed at his nightchoice to a different player of his choosing.

It is now
Night 2
. Please get your choices in by
Wednesday, June 11, 11:59 PM EDT
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:30 pm

The nine of you gather, and immediately realize that the big communal omelet should have been made with one fewer egg. So stunned are you by the death of
mneme
the
serial rolekiller
that you hardly notice that Johoohno has photocopied his ballot. Joho, please specify which of your two votes you are unvoting at any given time.

With 10 votes eligible to be cast, 6 are required to lynch. Get to it!
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:31 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Don't forget to change the title :P
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h
Pronoun: He

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:45 pm

Post by Johoohno »

I'm not sure what a serial rolekiller does - leaves his victim alive but roleless? What would then be his win condition (being a one-eyed in the city of blind by being the only one with a, by then, useless role in a city of vanillas?)

However, it's time to use these new unfathomable powers I've been granted.

Vote: DestroyeroftheSky

Vote: The Fonz
(I see in my notes that I've made some kind of connection between DotS and The Fonz - need to back track and see what it was)
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:02 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

I hate not voting Stoofer at my first opportunity, but at the moment, I actually feel better about KingPin. I’m not too sure mneme’s alignment will reveal anything, but I think I want to reread anyhow.

Johoohno:
DotS and Fonz happen to be the 2 I think most innocent. So I’m really curious what this connection of yours is.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:17 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Interesting that Johoohno has two votes but nobody has no votes. Perhaps yesterday EmpyTyger's vote wasn't moved to Primate, but they were both affected by independant events.

In other news:
Johoohno wrote:I'm not sure what a serial rolekiller does - leaves his victim alive but roleless?
I think I know the answer to that question. Am I to reveal it?
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:26 pm

Post by Johoohno »

Ah, my connection wasn't bigger than this (DotS defending Fonz in a subtle way):
DestroyeroftheSky (post 52) wrote:
EmpTyger wrote:Wrong, on almost every level. As my little experiment above should have proven, Primate is under no obligation to do anything.

And on the contrary, it makes great sense for him to do this. Voting records = more information = helpful for town. This provides 2 additional datasets over Primate just doubling or splitting his vote: it shows (a) who I would vote for, and (b) who Primate would let me vote for. Moreover, it deprives me the chance to do some weaselly things I could try if I knew that my words would not be backed by action.

(As for why *I* care if I’m not on record, since *I* know my own alignment: Because tomorrow it might not be Primate and me. And I’m not about to let a bad precedent be set. And I’ve gotten to test Primate this way. And besides, democratically, there’s value in being able to vote, even if indirectly.)
Firstly, I don't think Fonz suggested that Primate was under any obligation. The point I raised, which I assume Fonz was agreeing with, was that
Primate
had created a sense that he had an obligation to share his vote. The rest becomes Mafia discussion and I'm not interested in pursuing it in great depth because I straight out think that would be a waste of time.

What's truly significant is that Primate's original justification for 'donating' his vote to you was that you may become uninterested,
not
that it would be more informative. In my mind, that's a very weak and downright suspicious reason to give a vote up.

In other news, I don't understand the Mr Stoofer wagon.
That took part a long way back, and is a very small thing. Though, I think I'll leave my votes where they are nonetheless (Emptyger's claim that The Fonz is townish is the main reason).
DestroyeroftheSky
DestroyeroftheSky
Townie
DestroyeroftheSky
Townie
Townie

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:48 am

Post by DestroyeroftheSky »

What do people think about talking about what happened at night?

After Primate's lynch, his role and its mechanics were revealed to us. This makes me think that it might be worthwhile for us to reveal
who
we targeted without saying why or how. This way, even if we die, any extra info we have will be available without us having to roleclaim earlier than is needed.

The other option, is to ignore what happened at night entirely. I think that as the living players grow smaller, talking about night actions will likely be more useful.

It also became very apparent to me that the town's probably going to have a HEAP more control of days and lynches than they ever will of what happens at night. So, yeah. We should make the most of it.
sky sky sky die die die
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:03 am

Post by Johoohno »

@ DotS:
We learned of Primate's, but not mneme's role mechanism.

On the claiming part: I'm actually considering a "claim one - claim all", now that we've had another night under our belts (and night choices has been made based on some kind of analysis, in contrast to N0 chicoes).
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:25 am

Post by massive »

Mr Stoofer
: Assuming you were serially rolekilled one of our previous nights, I don't think there's any harm in putting out your info. Mneme's dead, after all, so it's not like any more people will be serially rolekilled.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:06 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

massive wrote:
Mr Stoofer
: Assuming you were serially rolekilled one of our previous nights, I don't think there's any harm in putting out your info. Mneme's dead, after all, so it's not like any more people will be serially rolekilled.
Don't assume anything.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:17 am

Post by EmpTyger »

Hm. I had read “Johoohno has photocopied his ballot” as him = mneme, meaning Johoohno took mneme’s vote. But it’s not unambiguous.

Johoohno:
I’m running out of eyebrows to raise…
Johoohno [461] wrote:<snip>
That took part a long way back, and is a very small thing. Though, I think I'll leave my votes where they are nonetheless (Emptyger's claim that The Fonz is townish is the main reason).
You *don’t* think that Fonz is townish? He unvoted immediately to prevent the early quicklynch of Primate (who is now confirmed as town). And Fonz was the only one with a vote who didn’t want to lynch Primate in the end. I mean, who has been *more* protown than that?

For that matter, based on what you’re implying with “Emptyger's claim that The Fonz is townish is the main reason”, why aren’t you voting *me* instead? (Was the mafia plan to give me a wide berth and hope I stayed focused on someone protown?)

What’s changed since yesterday regarding massclaims? Yesterday you said:
Johoohno [339] wrote:<snip>
Let's say we go down that way, scum already know quite about this setup (knowing each others role, powers or no powers, Greasy Spot's role and something about Primate and TSN - unless those are scums that is). They can probably easily make up fake claims and how are we to discern what's true or not Day 1? They on the other hand will know a lot about what roles are in circulation and can pick nightkills with great precision. If they, on top of that, gets to know how the powerroles stargeted they will be even more informed, whereas the town will have even more false information trying to filter.
<snip>
But now you are saying:
Johoohno [463] wrote:<snip>
On the claiming part: I'm actually considering a "claim one - claim all", now that we've had another night under our belts (and night choices has been made based on some kind of analysis, in contrast to N0 chicoes).

DotS;
DestroyeroftheSky wrote:<snip>
After Primate's lynch, his role and its mechanics were revealed to us. This makes me think that it might be worthwhile for us to reveal who we targeted without saying why or how. This way, even if we die, any extra info we have will be available without us having to roleclaim earlier than is needed.
<snip>
This is better than nothing, I suppose, and was the theory behind why I announced my nighttargets at the end of D1. But to me it seems suboptimal- I think it gives mafia more information than the town more than a fuller claim would.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:36 am

Post by mathcam »

Stoofer: Why would you even ask that? Only you know the potential information you're about to reveal. If you know a reason why not to share, then why would you bring it up in the first place? If not, why not just reveal?

Massive: What good does it do the town for a rolekilled player to share their role? Doesn't it give scum one more role not to fakeclaim, and one more role to shape their fakeclaim off of?

Johoohno: What's "claim 1 - claim all"? The same as mass claim, or something like "As soon as we force someone to claim, we force everyone else to claim too"?

Something doesn't sit right with me about Johoonho today. Of all the connections to remember, he remembered an admittedly tiny connection between Fonz and DoTS when, in my opinion, there were several much stronger connections? And he remembered it well enough to vote on it right off the bat? And he split his vote? And why was the connection scummy in the first place? Also, Johoohno was pretty definitively anti-mass-claim yesterday, but he sounds much more okay with it today -- since he had a chance to talk over fakeclaims with co-scum?

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:38 am

Post by mathcam »

Ah, missed Emp's post.

And I also forgot to note how quick Johoohno was to downplay his own votes once Emp pointed out he thought they were townish.

Cam
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:52 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Fair enough mathcam. I think it is sufficient to say that I believe that Johoohno's theory is correct, but not for the reason suggested by massive. There is no benefit in me going into any more detail at this stage.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:55 am

Post by mathcam »

If you're talking about his post 458, I don't think Johoonho put up a "theory" as much as a sarcastic evaluation of why that "theory" doesn't make a lot of sense. Interesting.

Cam
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:26 am

Post by Johoohno »

EmpTyger wrote: Johoohno:
I’m running out of eyebrows to raise…
Johoohno [461] wrote:<snip>
You *don’t* think that Fonz is townish? He unvoted immediately to prevent the early quicklynch of Primate (who is now confirmed as town). And Fonz was the only one with a vote who didn’t want to lynch Primate in the end. I mean, who has been *more* protown than that?

For that matter, based on what you’re implying with “Emptyger's claim that The Fonz is townish is the main reason”, why aren’t you voting *me* instead? (Was the mafia plan to give me a wide berth and hope I stayed focused on someone protown?)
Man, is it that simple to earn almost guaranteed town status in the house of EmpTyger? About the voting I think you can relax, we're only hours in on this day. My votes will likely change during the course of day. Sometime during this D2 I'll do a reread and reevaluate my gathered notes so far. For now, I'm just stirring the pot a bit.
EmpTyger wrote: What’s changed since yesterday regarding massclaims? Yesterday you said:
Johoohno [339] wrote:<snip>
Let's say we go down that way, scum already know quite about this setup (knowing each others role, powers or no powers, Greasy Spot's role and something about Primate and TSN - unless those are scums that is). They can probably easily make up fake claims and how are we to discern what's true or not Day 1? They on the other hand will know a lot about what roles are in circulation and can pick nightkills with great precision. If they, on top of that, gets to know how the powerroles stargeted they will be even more informed, whereas the town will have even more false information trying to filter.
<snip>
But now you are saying:
Johoohno [463] wrote:<snip>
Why have you quoted two posts that pretty much states the answer to your question? D1 = little knowledge, D2 = Night choices has been made based on player posts and analysis thereof (at least I hope that).
mathcam wrote: Johoohno: What's "claim 1 - claim all"? The same as mass claim, or something like "As soon as we force someone to claim, we force everyone else to claim too"?
Mass claim's the term I was looking for. Though IF we do it (I'm not sure yet, but I lean to it) it should be done in an orderly fashion.
mathcam wrote: Something doesn't sit right with me about Johoonho today. Of all the connections to remember, he remembered an admittedly tiny connection between Fonz and DoTS when, in my opinion, there were several much stronger connections? And he remembered it well enough to vote on it right off the bat? And he split his vote? And why was the connection scummy in the first place? Also, Johoohno was pretty definitively anti-mass-claim yesterday, but he sounds much more okay with it today -- since he had a chance to talk over fakeclaims with co-scum?

Cam
I voted DotS because my suspicion was there at the end of the last day, and when I went through my notes on him I saw I'd written that connection and refered to post 52, hence I went back to that post later on when I found time and was a bit disappointed in what I found, but since it shook EmpTyger to life and defence I see it as valuable to remember.

On the fakeclaiming issue - see my reasons above in connection to the EmpTyger quotes.
mathcam wrote:Ah, missed Emp's post.

And I also forgot to note how quick Johoohno was to downplay his own votes once Emp pointed out he thought they were townish.

Cam
Didn't I do just the opposite? Or am I misunderstanding the term?

Now I realize what awkward position Primate was having, since this town is at the one with two votes regardless of who it is :)
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:00 am

Post by massive »

mathcam wrote:Massive: What good does it do the town for a rolekilled player to share their role? Doesn't it give scum one more role not to fakeclaim, and one more role to shape their fakeclaim off of?
I wasn't implying that, had Stoofer been a target of the rolekilling, that he should tell us what his role was before the killing. I guess my post could be implied that way but I thought it was clear that I was referring more to how mneme's role worked, and not to what Stoofer's possible-rolekilled-role was.
mathcam wrote:Stoofer: Why would you even ask that? Only you know the potential information you're about to reveal. If you know a reason why not to share, then why would you bring it up in the first place? If not, why not just reveal?
Stoofer's now the SECOND person to do it in this game. Amazingly enough, it doesn't irritate me any less. Didn't we stop playing "I know something you don't know" in grade school?
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:09 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

massive:
massive [472] wrote:<snip>
Stoofer's now the SECOND person to do it in this game. Amazingly enough, it doesn't irritate me any less. Didn't we stop playing "I know something you don't know" in grade school?
He’s actually the third- TSN and I did so also yesterday. And I hate to begrudge Stoofer this, but there could be legitimacy for his hesitation. (Not that there couldn’t also be illegitimate reasons for it. The “Am I to reveal it?” feels like Stoofer is trying to wave the fakeclaim he decided on overnight, rather than genuinely help the town.)

The point is, without collective action, it’s going to be up to individual discretion. And as much as you may dislike it, there will certainly be situations in which limited revelation is best. If you want to do something about it, don’t attack the player- you won’t get anywhere, because you are substituting your discretion (when you have limited knowledge of the situation) for that player’s. You have to get collective support.

I would be in favor of a better-late-than-never massclaim.

Johoohno:
Johoohno [471] wrote:<snip>
Man, is it that simple to earn almost guaranteed town status in the house of EmpTyger?
:roll: Man, is it that simple to earn almost most suspicious status in the house of Johoohno?
Johoohno [cont] wrote:About the voting I think you can relax, we're only hours in on this day. My votes will likely change during the course of day. Sometime during this D2 I'll do a reread and reevaluate my gathered notes so far. For now, I'm just stirring the pot a bit.
<snip>
I think you misunderstand. I’m not concerned about *Fonz* getting lynched- in fact, I would be shocked if he received a second vote. For that matter, I would be shocked if he were in anyone else’s top half, much less their top 2.
No, I’m concerned that *you* are mafia. Very concerned. So concerned I nearly voted you right here, but I’m going to reread D1 first.

As for claiming: I quoted and asked what I did because D1, you were concerned about fakeclaims and false information. But today, mafia have a better opportunity to fakeclaim and give false information- but all of a sudden your previous objections are gone and you’ve found a reason to be in favor.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:54 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Since (a) I don't think knowing the nature of mneme's role is really going to help us that much - since he is dead; and (b) my information is not conclusive, only supportive of the theory, then I don't think it is worth me claiming at this stage.
Johoonho wrote:Man, is it that simple to earn almost guaranteed town status in the house of EmpTyger?
QFT, and It seems to be just as simple to earn almost guaranteed scum status too.

It seems I was right about one of mneme/EmpTyger being scum and right about them not being scum together. But given the way EmpTyger has started declaring people as almost certainly town on such slender evidence, I am going to re-read him as soon as I have the time.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”