Newbie 584: Mark it "done"!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:28 pm

Post by muffinhead »

Also remember that they have 2 chances to win the game. It wouldnt be worth risking one of them because it leaves u with 33% chance of being lynched and still losing it from a clearly winnable position.
Show
For more info about my gaming history and future plans visit my wiki at

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Muffinhead

May run normal game quacks and masons mafia 2 IF I get enough intrest. pm me if your intrested.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:28 pm

Post by ting =) »

I did.

My main point is that you said scum wouldn't vote each other. I'm saying they most probably will. Just hoping you'll keep that in mind over the weekend.

Yes, they'll finish the game today if they get the chance. But if one of their own is being voted, they'll have no choice but to buss. Which twigs has just recently mentioned intending to do. Making alabaska-twigs more likely.

Unless you're scum with alabaska.

Either way, we lynch alabaska now. Worry later.
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:37 pm

Post by muffinhead »

ting =) wrote:I did.

My main point is that you said scum wouldn't vote each other. I'm saying they most probably will. Just hoping you'll keep that in mind over the weekend.

Yes, they'll finish the game today if they get the chance. But if one of their own is being voted, they'll have no choice but to buss. Which twigs has just recently mentioned intending to do. Making alabaska-twigs more likely.

Unless you're scum with alabaska.

Either way, we lynch alabaska now. Worry later.
Ok if ur really sure then keep ur vote on alabaska. If twigs comes here and puts the final vote ending in a scum win then I had no part of it. If he doesnt then i will put the final vote on.

Either way we lynch twigs tomorrow if im not here.
Ur choice. But if u wait then u will get my review from the weekend. e have mislynched 2 days in a row and im desperate to make sure this doesnt happen again.
Show

May run normal game quacks and masons mafia 2 IF I get enough intrest. pm me if your intrested.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:48 pm

Post by ting =) »

muffin wrote:Also remember that they have 2 chances to win the game. It wouldnt be worth risking one of them because it leaves u with 33% chance of being lynched and still losing it from a clearly winnable position.
No. Let's
assume
I'm scum with alabaska. I started the wagon on him. I get him lynched. See how townlike that'll make me look when he comes up scum? That's what bussing is about.

If
I were scum, I'd look really townish the next day, the remaining two townies will be voting for the other. It doesn't drop the scum's odds at all.

Except when it looks like they're just hopping on the scum wagon because they don't want to look connected when their partner dies. Which is what twigs
could
be doing.
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:14 pm

Post by muffinhead »

ting =) wrote:
muffin wrote:Also remember that they have 2 chances to win the game. It wouldnt be worth risking one of them because it leaves u with 33% chance of being lynched and still losing it from a clearly winnable position.
No. Let's
assume
I'm scum with alabaska. I started the wagon on him. I get him lynched. See how townlike that'll make me look when he comes up scum? That's what bussing is about.

If
I were scum, I'd look really townish the next day, the remaining two townies will be voting for the other. It doesn't drop the scum's odds at all.

Except when it looks like they're just hopping on the scum wagon because they don't want to look connected when their partner dies. Which is what twigs
could
be doing.
I suppose ur right.

Over the last 30 minutes ive somehow found time to scam through the first half of the game and dont have time to do the rest.

Not much to say since im not fully focused. Who ever it is the scum have done a very good job.
Show

muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:17 pm

Post by muffinhead »

Oh while im here question for alabaska.

Ur at L-1 now. What have u got to say?
Show

MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:56 am

Post by MeMe »

Vote Count

Alabaska J
(2):
icemanE, ting =)

icemanE
(1):
Alabaska J

not voting
(2):
muffinhead, Twiglees

Takes three today.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Twiglees
Twiglees
Townie
Twiglees
Townie
Townie

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:39 am

Post by Twiglees »

I'll consider my vote after Alabaska replies
Show
Completed game results

As town:
0-0

As Scum:
0-1
Lost Newbie 584 as Day 4 lynch
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:41 am

Post by Alabaska J »

Cop, with a guilty on icemanE. Didn't want to out myself, seeing as we are in LYLO and That's why I was against a Twiglees lynch - it wasn't an icemanE lynch. I tried to paint Twiglees as cop to push the lynch towards icemanE but that didn't work as you know. I breadcrumbed in my post in which my keyboard was "messed up". Look at every capital letter between the brackets that is not supposed to be capitalized.
Alabaska J wrote:I'lL aDmit, ]l
I
nked is the wrong ter
M
to use.

I just don't want him lyn
C
hed
O
ver iceman. I may be
P
ushing this
A
bit readi
N
g my poorly wor
D
ed post
I
ng, but I
HAVE
to emph
A
size the
GU
sto w
I
th which I am
L
eaning
T
owards an iceman l
Y
nch at this m
O
me
N
t.

Sorry, my s
HI
ft key is sticking and I a
M
]tOo lazY to Go bAck and fiX it. STupid waTer spIll.
IM COP AND I HAVE A GUILTY ON HIM

The "him" refers to icemanE, the subject of the post. I really didn't want to have to reveal myself because I didn't want to get NK'd tonight (especially after lynching the doctor (my bad, I got inno on muffin night one I figured he or SD was scum for sure)) so we would be able to get the other scum but I'm pretty sure ting =) is it from the way things have gone this game. Alright, to the right thing, Twigs and muffin. Games in your hands.
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:56 am

Post by icemanE »

Alabaska wrote: IM COP AND I HAVE A GUILTY ON HIM
HAHAHA!

So muffin, for god's sake, are you ready to lynch yet? See what sitting around for too long gets you? Crap claims like that. And hilariously convoluted kidnap-note style breadcrumbs. I guess it was worth waiting around for the lawlz though. Now lets do this.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:58 am

Post by icemanE »

Also, Alabaska, a better tactic would have been to say you had a guilty on Twigs, bussed him, and tried to confuse the remaining town tomorrow. You would have had a much better chance at it.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:07 am

Post by icemanE »

Alabaska wrote: especially after lynching the doctor (my bad, I got inno on muffin night one I figured he or SD was scum for sure))
Sadly this also forces me to look even more closely at muffin today as it raises my level of suspicion further. Muffin, if you're cop, please CC now. Two thoughts came into my mind when I read this post:

muffin wrote:At this stage I would rather keep this information to myself considering i would be giving half the info to scum if u understand.
1. Muffin is cop.
2. Muffin is scum.

Hence, this post:
Me wrote:Muffin - I get the impression that you have a good reason to go for Twigs today instead of Alabaska. Therefore, yes, I will lynch Twigs today.
I'm vanillla, so that still leaves the two options I mentioned at the start of the day as possibilities. We have either:

1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Cop, 1 Doctor, 5 Townies

or

2 Mafia Goons, 1 Doctor, 6 Townies

So the possibility of a real cop still exists, and I hope to hear a claim. That will make tomorrow very easy for the town.

As for which possibility I find more likely, I'm not sure at the moment. I'll look and see if anything suggests role-blockage, as that would confirm the first option, meaning we do have a cop. But if one claims it'll make it easier.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:59 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

muffin can't be scum; I got an innocent on him. :/

Also, all breadcrumbs are convoluted like that. I wouldn't expect you to know that, seeing as you are a newbie, however.
icemanE wrote:I'm vanillla
I'm assuming this means you are a goon and that ting =) is the roleblocker.

Also, I am fine with a ting =) lynch as I'm assuming he
has
to be icemanE's scumbuddy, seeing as I have not been lynched. I suppose Twigs could be really bad scum, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

[off the record]Regardless of how this turns out, I have to say this has been one of the most fun games I've played[/off the record]
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:58 pm

Post by icemanE »

Also, all breadcrumbs are convoluted like that. I wouldn't expect you to know that, seeing as you are a newbie, however.
Either way it isn't valid, and attempting to use this false superiority to sway the last townie (presumably muffin), in addition to this:
muffin can't be scum; I got an innocent on him. :/
means you're clearly trying to use muffin's own newness against him. You make it sound like he'll be part of the big boys club if he joins you and kills a townie. You're playing off of me, because I've been expressing suspicions of muffin. I can only hope he sees through this BS.

Also, I am fine with a ting =) lynch as I'm assuming he has to be icemanE's scumbuddy, seeing as I have not been lynched.
No, the only reason you haven't been lynched is that muffin hasn't voted you yet.
I suppose Twigs could be really bad scum, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
In other, truer words: "I'm not going to bother doing any analysis of Twigs. Because he's my scum partner."

I'm not going to beg anymore muffin.
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:23 pm

Post by muffinhead »

Alabaska- Why the hell have u put me in charge of this game. Really cant make a true by reading through everything till the weekend call till the weekend sorry.

Also just from curiousity tell me who u searched the first day?
Show

Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:27 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

muffinhead wrote:Alabaska- Why the hell have u put me in charge of this game. Really cant make a true by reading through everything till the weekend call till the weekend sorry.

Um, I searched
you
night one. Innocent.

And sorry. I had scum reads on you and SD after day one but yours was more unclear and I felt SD's claim was testable.

And icemanE, I'm the cop. I'm not trying to play off of anyone's newness. I'm just reporting my investigations. It's easy for you to say this; being scum and all, you want to influence muffinhead to make sure you win just as much as I want him to make sure you don't win. However, I have facts (the actual alignments), so I believe I have the upper hand in this one. Town triumphs!
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:33 pm

Post by muffinhead »

Alabaska J wrote:
muffinhead wrote:Alabaska- Why the hell have u put me in charge of this game. Really cant make a true by reading through everything till the weekend call till the weekend sorry.

Um, I searched
you
night one. Innocent.

And sorry. I had scum reads on you and SD after day one but yours was more unclear and I felt SD's claim was testable.

And icemanE, I'm the cop. I'm not trying to play off of anyone's newness. I'm just reporting my investigations. It's easy for you to say this; being scum and all, you want to influence muffinhead to make sure you win just as much as I want him to make sure you don't win. However, I have facts (the actual alignments), so I believe I have the upper hand in this one. Town triumphs!
Ok my mistake theres only been 2 nights and i thought there were 3.

But how come ur claim has come so late? Why not at the start of day 3 when u knew icemane was scum. Sounds all pre planned and stuff and Right now i think u have made the claim over the last 48 hours. Explain urself.
Show

Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:53 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

muffinhead wrote:
Alabaska J wrote:

Um, I searched
you
night one. Innocent.

Ok my mistake theres only been 2 nights and i thought there were 3.

But how come ur claim has come so late? Why not at the start of day 3 when u knew icemane was scum. Sounds all pre planned and stuff and Right now i think u have made the claim over the last 48 hours. Explain urself.
I thought I had already said this but you seem to have missed it so let me clarify. I knew one scum, and I thought I could get him lynched without having to out myself. Seeing as we are in LYLO, if I got icemanE lynched today without revealing myself, we would have three confirmed townies or a scum day 4 and be able to probably win it from there, all without me being automatically NK'd for being the cop. By giving myself another night to find scum, I would better serve the town. If I had just revealed at the beginning of today, icemanE gets lynched, I get NK'd, and then what? The town are not as well off as it could be. I wanted to wait until the last possible minute to claim to get the maximum out of ability. The day did not go as I'd planned, and I was put at L-1, and had to claim. HOWEVER, because I was not quick-hammered (as this would hand scum the game), we must assumer that ting =) is icemanE's scumbuddy. Seeing how vigorously he has defended icemanE while attacking me, this is not so far fetched. Now that the scum have indeed given themselves away, I felt comfortable claiming to save the town from mislynching the cop in LYLO on day three instead of waiting because the scumpair has been brought out. If you need any further clarification, feel free to ask.
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:45 pm

Post by ting =) »

har har. good try alabaska. except for:
ala wrote: I tried to paint Twiglees as cop to push the lynch towards icemanE but that didn't work as you know.
So... you're going to call twiglees, who is not the cop and who you
know
is not the cop, cop - and then expect twiglees to NOT attack you?

How is that supposed to work?

Also, I love how after having a 'guilty' on ice and an 'innocent' on muffin, you jump to - ting is scum, even when there's two possibilities - me and twigs.

And your only justification is:
ala wrote:I suppose Twigs could be really bad scum, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
False dichotomy much? Twigs is either only bad scum or good town? It's a lot easier to just omgus and assume that the ones atacking you are scum, huh?

----

Hammer time muffin. Let's lynch alabaska.

Or if you want to play safe, we lynch twigs then alabaska. I still think they're both scum.
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:53 pm

Post by muffinhead »

Yes alabaska what stops u from thinking that twiggles is scum?
Show

icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:10 am

Post by icemanE »

Also, Alabaska, like you yourself say, you still had "scum reads" on muffin after your "report" found him innocent. I'm gonna go grab some quotes so you can eat em.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:12 am

Post by icemanE »

muffin wrote: And sorry. I had scum reads on you and SD after day one but yours was more unclear and I felt SD's claim was testable.
I mean this right here is enough to see your claim is bull, but i think it'll be fun to get some more. In fact it you wouldn't have said ^, I probably would have forgotten.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:32 am

Post by icemanE »

Here's your second post after day 2 started:
Alabaska wrote:lolwtf? Muffinhead was in no way shape or form the least scummy yesterday IMO.
This is pretty rich:
Alabaska wrote:whole fucking arm of suspicion: muffinhead. IMO SD is looking pretty scummy now too. I'm leaning toward voting muffinhead (SD did claim doc) for this but I want to do a read-through before I make a decision.
I've never actually seen a WFAS before - especially not pointed by the cop at a person he just found innocent.

Ting asks Alabaska who he finds scummy either than myself or SD (on day 2) and this is his response:
Alabaska wrote:Ha! After that it is not really much suspicion as they are my top two but I would probably say muffinhead.
Why? WHY would you say that if you had an innocent report on him. You wouldn't. You would cut that sentence off at "two" because there would be no reason whatsoever to mention that you think muffin is scummy because you would KNOW that he isn't.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:34 am

Post by icemanE »

Or if you want to play safe, we lynch twigs then alabaska.
No way Ting. It's alabaska today because he IS the safe bet.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:35 am

Post by Alabaska J »

Sorry didn't want to drop any coptells. So I didn't make any effort to have it look like I knew someone's alignment early on (probably overdid this IMO but whatever water under the bridge now). If we had gotten anywhere near a muffinhead lynch (which we didn't), I would have intervened and dropped my case. Also, two of your quotes reference his play day one, which
of courseI found scummy
-this was my impetus to investigating him. Blatant misrepresentation of the facts. Geez man.

Also:
muffinhead wrote:Yes alabaska what stops u from thinking that twiggles is scum?
The fact that I'm still alive?

Also, saying you have a cop read on someone doesn't mean they will attack you, ting =). CRAP LOGIC THAT DOESN'T COME CLOSE TO EVEN MAKING SENSE

Also, if this doesn't tell you he's scum:
icemanE wrote:No way Ting. It's alabaska today because he IS the safe bet.
(he's recommending lynching the claimed cop as the safe bet lol) I don't know what will.
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”