sideney
sideney
Goon
sideney
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:35 am

Post by sideney »

I need to read the last page, i will post after tomorrow.
Show
As Town 2/3 Lose with 1/2 nk and 1/2 lynched.
As Scum 1/3 Win but 1/1 Lynch
As doc 1 time.
As cop 1 time.
I'm a fucking noob!
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:21 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

darlablueeyes wrote: TSN: what makes you SO convinced neither Mokina or EL are scum? Yesterday you didn't even comment on the case I brought forth, only said you thought he was town, and voted someone else.
Am I SO convinced? Neither of them (or you) is high on my scumlist, and as there's only two scum, that makes them probably town. There isn't a "this is what makes them town" post, there's a lack of "this is what makes them scum" posts. In my opinion.

At least you three, and zombie, have been trying. Wouldn't surprise me one bit to find both scum in our five lurkertypes. Iron man's been the worst, that's why I'm going after him.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:21 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

Thank you Ninja Sir, that was actually very insightful.

Will post more tonight.
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:04 am

Post by Mokina »

TSN wrote:At least you three, and zombie, have been trying. Wouldn't surprise me one bit to find both scum in our five lurkertypes. Iron man's been the worst, that's why I'm going after him.
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:Thank you Ninja Sir, that was actually very insightful.
For once, I agree with Darla... TSN makes a good point; the town
cannot
afford to overlook lurkers. Keeping quiet is only a null tell for so long. I can only assume scum are content to wait around and watch the more talkative members of a town fight it out, especially if they get the chance to bandwagon from time to time. That's why Iron Man in particular has come across as increasingly scummy in the last page or so.

I hate to admit it, but DarlaBlueEyes just doesn't give me that impression. Looking beyond my impulsive desire to inflict vicious OMGUS vengeance, there's very little reason to think she is part of the mafia. Darla is one of those few people who have been actively scumhunting since square one, while everyone else sat on their hands. That's hardly a suspicious case.

On that note,
FoS: mike-zim
... please post your thoughts on today. I'm also watching sideney and Lowell until they make good on their promises, but it's clear they intend to. For those who are still lurking, it's D2. Wakey wakey.
"Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:14 am

Post by Eldritch Lord »

I'll admit I have considered this, and thus have been trying to back off posting just a tad.

This is a seperate theory that has been running in the back of my mind; and TSN voiced it. What if all of us talkatives (who all had disagreements; see: Me and ZS, Me and Mokina, Me and Darla, Darla and TSN, Darla and Mokina; rather early game disagreements at that) who are duking it out between us are all Town and there are some newbie scum just lurking because they don't know what to do or expert scum who have thrown us into total WIFOM and emotional rage against each other.

I'm going to go look back on Snix's posts--maybe he was onto something.

(I am back from exams, early!--so I will be back in game from today on.)
"Impatience is a great obstacle to success; he who treats everything with brusqueness gathers nothing, or only immature fruit which will never ripen."
-Napoleon I
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:12 am

I more or less agree with el. ZS gives me some bad vibes, but mostly I feel like the people who are doing the talking are town.

So more iron man votes, please!
Iron Man
Iron Man
Goon
Iron Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:08 pm

Post by Iron Man »

Well, seeing as the main case against me is lurking, I'll just try to be more active. I wasnt trying to seem overly lurkish, but, I guess I was wrong. I would try to post a cas right now, but I dont really know how to repond to "Everyone vote Iron Man." without seeming OMGUS.

Maybe we need a lurker relief program? Like "Lurkers Anonymous."

"Hello, my name is Iron, and...I'm a lurker."
I'm back.
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:12 pm

Post by Mokina »

TSN wrote:Iron man's contributions to day 1 were telling people to calm down, bandwagoning el, bandwagoning, and saying he was concerned about making a slip that would get him lynched... its not just the lurking, its the lurking plus the bandwagoning plus the being concerned about making slips.
QFT.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:50 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Iron Man wrote:Well, seeing as the main case against me is lurking, I'll just try to be more active. I wasnt trying to seem overly lurkish, but, I guess I was wrong. I would try to post a cas right now, but I dont really know how to repond to "Everyone vote Iron Man." without seeming OMGUS.

Maybe we need a lurker relief program? Like "Lurkers Anonymous."

"Hello, my name is Iron, and...I'm a lurker."
See, the problem is, posts like this don't help your case because all they do is reaffirm the suspicions against you.

Content or bust.
"Impatience is a great obstacle to success; he who treats everything with brusqueness gathers nothing, or only immature fruit which will never ripen."
-Napoleon I
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:03 pm

Iron Man, stop being concerned about what other people think about you and you'll do much better.
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:03 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:lol EL; ok, make up your mind please, first off you disagree with Mokina, she restates the same crap logic's glamourized and you "goodposting: her. Now I will say some of her posts above had viable points, but IMO you were congratulating her attack on me, which you seem unable to create yourself. You simply 'urge' others to look at me, versus, make a case.

I could take this as OMGUS from either one of you or not, and TBH I don't like TSN's play, and I just know I will die soon, because i can feel myself on a trail here, so I am saying it now, for when/if I die and this game is over, our scum is in the Mokina/El/TSN group one or the other may not be But I'd bet a lot at least two of them are.
First paragraph, straw-man less please. I had my high-horse impression of you since the beginning of the game, this only reassures me that your mind works in monochrome--and before Mokina posted, you are attempting to make me sound like a waffler when in fact I am quite consistent. I will allow others to think for themselves, and re-read if they choose to--there is nothing wrong with this, it accomplishes the same thing (with greater accuracy) than straw-manning; something you have been quite fond of in your posting.

Second paragraph, your insistence on dying worries me, what makes you so certain that you will die? In fact, if you were on to ANYTHING at all, I'm surprised you didn't kick the bucket last night. I think you're stuck in your thinking, the real scum have noted it and will continue to use you to push mislynches until the game end, if you aren't scum yourself. Don't flatter your reasoning--you've been so stuck, that if you're wrong [which you are about me, idk about Mokina and TSN], you are the greatest threat to this Town besides scum since you refuse to change your mind. OMGUS has to be the biggest fallacy I have found in this game, if someone votes you (and is utterly consistent in holding that vote), and you know you are Town and cannot find a HUGE mistake or find scummier players with ease then its perfectly normal to consider the possibility that the person holding their vote on you (who hasn't died, mind you) and pushing your wagon may be scum themselves.

With all of this, my focus is still on Iron Man.
Confirm Vote: Iron Man
. Content, please.
-Napoleon I
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:25 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

EL - typically in my experience a scum gets on a bandwagon inconspicuously vs. making a head strong case on one or two people and not swaying from it. WIFOMy coming from me I know, but its just a tip.

I do tend to operate in Black and Whites, but thats just me :P heh.

I am definitely interested in the Iron Man case, although I am not sold off of Mokina I'm willing to leave her alone for awhile.

unvote

how close is Iron man to a lynch? and Irene could you tell us who you think is scum?
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:11 pm

Post by Mokina »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:EL - typically in my experience a scum gets on a bandwagon inconspicuously vs. making a head strong case on one or two people and not swaying from it. WIFOMy coming from me I know, but its just a tip.
Yet another reason to look at the Iron Man case. He managed to remain inconspicuous throughout day one while still casting multiple votes, and that kind of behavior is noncontributing at the very least.

In completely different news, I will be leaving on the 21st. I'd like to
Request: Replacement
closer to that date, but keep me for now. This is an intriguing game...
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
sideney
sideney
Goon
sideney
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:25 pm

Post by sideney »

I read what i miss, and i agree that Iron Man was oppurtunistic, however is not the only lurker of the game, i'm one, probably is a lurker that made the bad choice to vote.

Fos Iron Man
Show
As doc 1 time.
As cop 1 time.
I'm a fucking noob!
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:03 am

Post by Lowell »

I'm writing this from the library, as all other internet sources have temporarily dried up. A few things:

1) The Iron Man case makes no sense. Look at his posts in isolation. You're telling me this guy is scum? Really? Come on.

2) Mokina is town. Why do we always blame the hammer when someone turns up town? If anything, we should blame the first votes, or those that innocuously slipped their votes in the middle. If we didn't want dcorbe to die, we wouldn't have put him at lynch-1. End of story.

3) sideney is town, though he doesn't know what he's doing. He participated in the passive-aggressively-FOS-Mokina-fest, but in spite of himself pointed out his doubts about it (445). Do you really see Mokina-scum eagerly hammering dcorbe before he had a chance to explain himself?

4) I don't understand all the FOSs on Mokina at the beginning of D2. What are EL and zombie afraid of? A few votes never hurt anyone.

5) DBE looks really bad. Her twilight rant says a lot, I think, as does her hasty cover-up. The fact that EL and zombie seem to be following her lead and attacking mokina rather than DBE is a bit alarming.

6)
vote EL
. I'd vote for
DBE
or
EL
, as well, if the situation arises. Also, probably
TSN
, though that one is harder to explain.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:04 am

Post by Lowell »

EBWOP: The second "EL" should be "zombie" in #6.
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:19 am

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

I approve of more pressure on Iron Man at this point.

Vote Iron Man
HIS NAME IS SIR JEREMY WILKINS, AND THAT IS HOW YOU SHALL ADDRESS HIM!
sideney
sideney
Goon
sideney
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:43 am

Post by sideney »

Vote count?

I think we don't want another hammer like the last time....
Show
As doc 1 time.
As cop 1 time.
I'm a fucking noob!
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:15 am

Post by Elmo »

Day 2, Vote Count #3

Iron Man (4) <- TheSweatpantsNinja, Mokina, Eldritch Lord, ZombieSlayer54
Eldritch Lord <- Lowell

Not Voting: Iron Man, ZombieSlayer54, sideney, donkeyz12212, mike-zim, Lowell, DarlaBlueEyes.
With 10 alice, it's 6 to lynch.

I'll start looking for someone to replace Mokina on the 21st. mike-zim's prod is sitting undelivered in my outbox, and he hasn't posted on-site since the 3rd, so I'm explicitly warning him he may be replaced soon, as well.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
donkeyz12212
donkeyz12212
Goon
donkeyz12212
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:18 am

Post by donkeyz12212 »

Again with the bandwagon guys. I still consider that we shouldn't target someone who wasn't that influential on the last vote. Iron Man had just been lurking but don't you think scum would have pushed for dcorbe knowing they were scum? I just kind of see Iron as like...there. lol
Citizen Win: 2 out of 3
Mafia Win: 1 out of 1
Iron Man
Iron Man
Goon
Iron Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:42 am

Post by Iron Man »

Kay. Here's my read so far on everyone.

Eldritch- Nuetral, Heavy analysis. I dont think he's scum, but I have a few notches on him.
ZS- Highly emotional, partial tunnel vision at times. Probably not scum, just a little aggresive.
TSN- Very unsure about him right now. I havent been focusing on him to much throughout the game, but will do a re-read later for him.
Mokina- Not much, will post more after re-read.
Lowell-Feeling he is town. Havent noticed any major scumminess at all coming from him.
Darla- I'm reading town.
Donkey-Need more info, probably town.
Sidney- Also a lurker archtype. Wary.

So, right now my two biggest eyes are on Eldritch and TSN, with Mokina and ZS coming up next. This is probably due to a heavy spotlight on them during the beginning of the game, but it's how I'm reading. Those are my views for now. I'll post on a re-read within the next couple of days.
I'm back.
donkeyz12212
donkeyz12212
Goon
donkeyz12212
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:46 am

Post by donkeyz12212 »

Okay , well reading that list Iron Man...all I really gathered from that was that you don't think anyone is scum really <_<

Even your eyes on the two people...

Eldritch - You don't think he's scum.
TSN - You're unsure.

It just seems that the list is redundant.
Citizen Win: 2 out of 3
Mafia Win: 1 out of 1
Iron Man
Iron Man
Goon
Iron Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:56 am

Post by Iron Man »

Okay, maybe I miscommunicated. I had a bit of a feeling EL and TSN are scum. Mabey. I'm doing a re-read soon. I'm also wary of Sidney due to pretty much the same exact crime I'm about to be lnched for: lurking with posts with little value. Those were my suspects. I'll try to get a better idea after the re-read.
I'm back.
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:57 am

Post by Eldritch Lord »

donkeyz12212 wrote:Again with the bandwagon guys. I still consider that we shouldn't target someone who wasn't that influential on the last vote. Iron Man had just been lurking but don't you think scum would have pushed for dcorbe knowing they were scum? I just kind of see Iron as like...there. lol
WIFOM

As in, maybe that's what he wanted us to think. We've got to go with intuition, along with his lack of content. At this point (read: At this point) he is in my opinion, the best lynch possible today--since his sacrifice will lose us very little.

Iron Man, it seems like you think everyone is Town--or you're just neutral in regard to their existence. My reads are somewhat different:

-DarlaBlueEyes: 70% Town, despite my townie impression of her, I don't know how I'd feel about a lynch especially since her black/white way of thinking is extremely dangerous to the town if she's wrong about her scumpairings. WIFOM note: She was very certain she would die, and still seems to be.

-ZombieSlayer: 91% Town, he responded emotionally to my attack on him, the attention he drew to himself is unlike that I've seen from scum in other games I've read. He's probably most Townie in my eyes.

-TSN: 83% Town Very wary, it may be the too Townie fallacy, but Dcorbe warned us about him in his final post. If I look back, I can see how he leads many charges with short posts--his posts are jam-packed with reasoning and lack my airy fluff, but I'm still just on the lookout. --Snix and him never really agreed, just a side point.

-Mokina: 62% Town, her logic reminds me of my own, and though DBE calls it craplogic, I can see her unique point of view most of the time. Given some of her scummier moments my ease in seeing her point of view frightens me, and I am reluctant to agree with her (unless she makes very good points). She follows other players very easily and has seemed to do so throughout the game.

-Lowell: No Read, I kind of want him replaced. One good post in Day 2 is not helping Town at all.

-Iron Man: 37% Town, opportunism and reluctance to post at its finest. It may just be that he's inarticulate and is not coming across the way he means to, but I just find that some scum drops out of his coat every time he takes a step.

-Donkey: Too Small A Read To Count, you show up and disappear a lot, but when you do show up, you make a decent contribution. I would still like to hear from you more consistently, as I have very little read on you. If you're Town, there's no harm in talking to much (unless you're like me and rub people the wrong way).

-Sideney: 74% Town, it looks like you're making an effort to contribute and post, but perhaps some language barrier is preventing you from doing so. Still, you've been very heavy on the FoS' and very sparing on the votes, I find that somewhat scummy (i.e. Pushing the wagon, while sitting on someone elses' so you can say you were never on that wagon. --See Day 1 DBE)
-Napoleon I
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:01 am

Post by Eldritch Lord »

EBWOP
Eldritch Lord wrote:As in, maybe that's what he wanted us to think. We've got to go with intuition, along with his lack of content. At this point (read: At this point) he is in my opinion, the best lynch possible today--since his sacrifice will lose us very little (
even in the event that he is Town
).
Honest mistake, I'm head-desking at how stupid I am for not proof-reading. Not a "Freudian slip"--just an honest mistake.
-Napoleon I

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”