Newbie 626 - Completed Successfully (dependent on town POV)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:58 pm

Post by neko2086 »

OK, because the randomizer is putting me at L-2 on the first page, and I see you're not removing your vote.

unvote; vote: freckles
In Tartiflette We Trust
Freckles
Freckles
Townie
Freckles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:49 pm

Post by Freckles »

My, what a nice OMGUS you've got there. I guess this early on, there's nothing else to go on, so I'm not mad at ya.
Limited to no access until 18 August.
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:40 pm

Post by Occult »

Unvote
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:42 pm

Post by Occult »

@Freckles, Why not unvote neko after you realized you put him at L-2?
Freckles
Freckles
Townie
Freckles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:46 pm

Post by Freckles »

Cus when I scrolled up, I thought I saw that someone else had unvoted for him, so I figured mine didn't matter. I just rechecked and saw that that was not the case.

Unvote
(for now)

At some point, someone will have to have 3 votes, but I will wait until I have more than a randomizer to go on...
bmccleod
bmccleod
Townie
bmccleod
Townie
Townie

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:52 pm

Post by bmccleod »

What is everyone thinking? There are some things going on here that seem strange, but I'm not ready go a-lynching just yet, I'd like to know what everyone's opinions are.

Freckles, how did you not know you were the third vote? Did you just not read the thread? It seems like it's way too early to be putting someone at L-2 for no reason at all.
bmccleod
bmccleod
Townie
bmccleod
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:53 pm

Post by bmccleod »

Gah everytime I post someone else posts while I'm typing! Freckles, you can ignore my question.
Freckles
Freckles
Townie
Freckles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:36 pm

Post by Freckles »

Haha, ok, ignored :)
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:58 pm

Post by MeMe »

Vote Count
:

neko2086
(2):
Mispeled, MamaLuigi

Occult
(1):
Kang

Freckles
(1):
neko2086

not voting
(5):
bmccleod, Freckles, Grimmy, Occult, Vipza

Five to lynch.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Kang
Kang
Townie
Kang
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:05 pm

Post by Kang »

What is everyone thinking? There are some things going on here that seem strange, but I'm not ready go a-lynching just yet, I'd like to know what everyone's opinions are.
I'm suspiciously eyeing everyone off at this point, though I don't really see anything untoward happening yet. Freckles' L-2 on neko isn't damning in and of itself as far as I'm concerned.

As for early wagons, it doesn't seem that bad to me to hit an L-2 like we have. Any scum silly enough to go for the quick-hammer would be the automatic target on the next day for sure, right?
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:46 am

Post by neko2086 »

My, what a nice OMGUS you've got there.
It's not really omgus if there's reasoning behind it. Seems like an honest enough mistake, though.
Unvote (for now)
"for now," as in you're likely to vote me again?
In Tartiflette We Trust
MamaLuigi
MamaLuigi
Townie
MamaLuigi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:06 am

Post by MamaLuigi »

bmccleod wrote:What is everyone thinking? There are some things going on here that seem strange, but I'm not ready go a-lynching just yet, I'd like to know what everyone's opinions are.
my opinion is that you are trying to get information from me. which im not going to give. but for me not to look suspicious i will answer this question by saying "im eating a sandwhich nothing more nothing less.."
[img]http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd232/darklinkjr/TEamWorkcopy.jpg[/img]
bmccleod
bmccleod
Townie
bmccleod
Townie
Townie

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:18 am

Post by bmccleod »

Kang wrote:Any scum silly enough to go for the quick-hammer would be the automatic target on the next day for sure, right?
Good point.
MamaLuigi wrote:my opinion is that you are trying to get information from me.
That's true, the way you keep switching the subject by saying random things is making you look suspicious, is all.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:11 am

Post by Grimmy »

Since this is a newbie game, let me put this out there right now.

The odd are that we have a cop, a doctor, or both working for us as town. Whoever these people are, do NOT reveal this. We have two mafia goon to find, and that would make you a clear target. there is no chance of having setup B because why would the mafia have a roleblocker if there is no role to block?

now that I put that out there, in case someone did NOT realize this and slipped up.

now to the voting.
I will skip the joke voting just this once, because someone already slipped up and made ashowing of their colors.

Vote: Freckles

When it was pointed out that you put Neko at L-2, you posted that you woudl have words with the randomizer, yet did NOT unvote. You said later that you saw an unvote above yours, but this is not true as the only post above your words with randomizer post was Neko telling you that you put her at L-2

Grimmy
one down....
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
Freckles
Freckles
Townie
Freckles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:35 am

Post by Freckles »

Gimmy, it was unbolded voted, followed by the bolded vote by the same person that confused me. Being an airhead does not make me scum. I'm not going to defend this point any further.

But, as I said earlier, someone's gotta have 3 voted eventually *shrug*

@ Neko, the "for now" comment was a joke. (that'll teach me.)
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:00 pm

Post by neko2086 »

@ Neko, the "for now" comment was a joke. (that'll teach me.)
That's fine. I just don't get jokes sometimes... I really wanted to know if the "for now" referred to a vote on me, or a vote in general.

unvote

When it was pointed out that you put Neko at L-2, you posted that you woudl have words with the randomizer, yet did NOT unvote. You said later that you saw an unvote above yours, but this is not true as the only post above your words with randomizer post was Neko telling you that you put her at L-2
This has all been covered already. Your entrance seems strange and forced...
In Tartiflette We Trust
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:01 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Sorry. First quote->freckles. Second quote->Grimmy
In Tartiflette We Trust
Kang
Kang
Townie
Kang
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:02 pm

Post by Kang »

my opinion is that you are trying to get information from me. which im not going to give. but for me not to look suspicious i will answer this question by saying "im eating a sandwhich nothing more nothing less.."
Mama, the above doesn't really help the town at all, it only serves to make you look unco-operative. Which is something that you'd probably want to avoid doing, given that we're all casting about for a reason to crack out the torches and pitchforks. So far, I find you dodgy - I look forward to seeing how your next few posts unfurl.

FoS: MamaLuigi

That said, I'd really like to hear more from Vipza, Mispeled and Occult. It is still my belief that Freckles' mistake was exactly that and I would hate to have some scum slip under the radar whilst we chase ghosts. My random vote can stay where it is for now, but I consider it a little less random. I will reassess soon :)
Mispeled
Mispeled
Goon
Mispeled
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:07 am

Post by Mispeled »

My opinion? L-2 isn't that big of a deal.

Kang wrote:
Mama, the above doesn't really help the town at all, it only serves to make you look unco-operative. Which is something that you'd probably want to avoid doing, given that we're all casting about for a reason to crack out the torches and pitchforks. So far, I find you dodgy - I look forward to seeing how your next few posts unfurl.
Yeah. I think it's just newbieness, but it's still anti-town to play with that kind of mentality.
MamaLuigi
MamaLuigi
Townie
MamaLuigi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:22 am

Post by MamaLuigi »

Kang wrote:

FoS: MamaLuigi

That said, I'd really like to hear more from Vipza, Mispeled and Occult. It is still my belief that Freckles' mistake was exactly that and I would hate to have some scum slip under the radar whilst we chase ghosts. My random vote can stay where it is for now, but I consider it a little less random. I will reassess soon :)
maybe I wanted you to think this.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:08 am

Post by Grimmy »

FOS: Mamaluigi

After everyone telling you that you are coming off as scummy, you continue to do so.

and im still not convinced that the freckles thing was a mistake. if you saw an unbolded vote followed by a bolded vote, why would that make you think someone UNvoted? If anything it would make it appear that neko had MORE votes on him/her than you originally thought.

@neko: My entrance with a reason for my vote was because im usually one of the LAST people to vote seriously. I love the joking phase of the game, but this just stood out too much for me to ignore. As for the rest of my joking, I usually put some wisecrack after I sign my posts.

Grimmy
puts something funny here...or attempt to...miserably..
Show

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Grimmy »

Also note: Mamaluigi, there are no jesters stated in the roles of the game, so acting like one does not help anyone.

the mafia know who each other are, so pretending to be one in order to avoid a NK wont work. If anything, you would get lynched for acting scummy before the night phase even began.

Grimmy
doing the mario
Show

Rishi wrote:

bmccleod
bmccleod
Townie
bmccleod
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:38 am

Post by bmccleod »

MamaLuigi wrote: maybe I wanted you to think this.
Why exactly would you want us to think you are scum?

Vote: MamaLuigi
unless you can come up with a
really
good reason.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:19 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Grimmy wrote: My entrance with a reason for my vote was because im usually one of the LAST people to vote seriously. I love the joking phase of the game, but this just stood out too much for me to ignore.
Having a reason isn't the problem. It's that your reasons had already been brought up and found to be inconvincing arguments, though you apparantly still think they are.

New question: Are you more suspicious of Freckles' or Mama's actions?
In Tartiflette We Trust
MamaLuigi
MamaLuigi
Townie
MamaLuigi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:22 pm

Post by MamaLuigi »

bmccleod wrote:
MamaLuigi wrote: maybe I wanted you to think this.
Why exactly would you want us to think you are scum?

Vote: MamaLuigi
unless you can come up with a
really
good reason.
ok, well there are two ways one person can go:
bad-mafia
good-townie

mafia pretends to be townie throughout the game. and townie is a townie throughout the game or.. not?

if I am a townie then why am I acting like mafia? I don't know
if I am mafia then why am I acting like mafia? I don't know
sure mafia knows who mafia is but why would I be a mafia that is acting like a mafia? :roll:

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”