lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:45 pm

Post by lord_hur »

EBWOP : I posted all the reasons I voted him, and attack him when possible, and there are not many opportunities, as he's next to non-existent in my opinion - and the few attacks he does are really uninspiring and worthless to me, as I've already said.
All lurkers unite! And jump off the nearest cliff. Now.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:47 pm

Post by lord_hur »

Also :
springlullaby wrote:I'm for name origin claim, I want Hackerhuck to do it before other people.
Sorry for the multiple posts.
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:12 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

Errm...the origin name claim thing is kinda pointless. It's something scum could easily make up an answer to. I mean, I don't have a problem with announcing mine, it doesn't really matter either way, but I guess that's my point...so is claiming origin a helper or a distractor?

I'll hold off on hammering musher, since we still have some time before deadline and I'm still a bit unsure due to the claim, though my gut tells me he's scum. I don't really see him being able to tell me something compelling enough to push him back over to the other side of the fence. So, we'll see. I think more discussion is a good thought, though.

My top suspects were TVoD, who has asked for a replacement, and Musher..so I dunno, I'll need to reread to see if I have things of note on anyone else.
"One's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:14 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

EBWOP: "..good thought, though." (that doesn't even make sense lol) to "..good thing, though"
"One's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:54 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

A mass name claim or a name origin claim is a bad idea. We know that the mafia are Hebrews, so we only get lucky if someone claims a name of Hebrew origin. Other than that, it just gives the mafia a better idea of what they should claim or who might be the power roles.

lord_hur - please don't just read my posts in isolation. Musher claimed in between those posts you quoted.
Singing Librarian
Singing Librarian
Goon
Singing Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:56 pm

Post by Singing Librarian »

Even from the names that have been offered so far, and taking my own into account, I cannot see any benefit of a name origin claim.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:59 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:56 pm

Post by springlullaby »

Name origin claim is a good idea because some people have posted suspicious things already. And there is something about Musher's claim that on further reading makes me think he may be genuine.

With 9 people alive, if there is consistency between town names, we can still root out the inconsistent ones by number elimination and examine them further. If there is no consistency, or if there is over consistency, not too much have been revealed since the matter has been brought up already.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:01 pm

Post by springlullaby »

Hacker wrote:I didn't buy his claim at first and
you guys are convincing me that it's pretty suspect
Hacker, I'd like you to you to quantify the bolded part.
Musher333
Musher333
Goon
Musher333
Goon
Goon

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:27 pm

Post by Musher333 »

I revealed in parts because to me the name didn't seem to make much importance, this isnt based on a comic or something where names may be consistent to roles, i first answered with healer because that was basically what i am, i then came out with physician because that is the actual term given.
Musher-scum would not be clever enough to do something like this- Strife 220
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:26 am

Post by lord_hur »

HackerHuck wrote:lord_hur - please don't just read my posts in isolation. Musher claimed in between those posts you quoted.
Yes I know. If you prefer, I would like to know :

- why you didn't buy his claim
- what in other people's posts made you think he's scum
- arguments in favor of him being town, if you have some

In fact, I think it would be interesting to know everyone's position (with justifications...) on Musher333's claim.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:30 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

My position is easy: there is nothing in the claim itself which makes me think he is more or less likely to be Scum. So it does not affect my reasoning one way or the other. I think the fact that the claim came out in dribs and drabs, and was not entirely consistent, is a small point against him.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:58 am

Post by strife220 »

I think the point that it came out in pieces is a strike against him, and I think the name origins thing is irrelevant. I believe I already said mine is Egyptian. Stoofer said his was Indian or something, and our only uncovered lynch was Arabian. I wouldn't be surprised if Musher's name was something weird.

I think the accuracy of the claim is too good to be ignored. If there's a doc in the game, it must be a physician. If Musher is scum, then scum must have a lot of information about the game that we don't know.

So I'm fairly confident in the claim and won't be contributing to a lynch today. If we could get an extension deadline, I'd like to take a look at Stoofer's play. If not, I'd go with a no-lynch or reconsider Lord-Hur, who I believe is the only other person with more than 1 vote on him.
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:37 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

strife220 wrote:I think the point that it came out in pieces is a strike against him, and I think the name origins thing is irrelevant. I believe I already said mine is Egyptian. Stoofer said his was Indian or something, and our only uncovered lynch was Arabian. I wouldn't be surprised if Musher's name was something weird.
Agree with all that.
strife220 [emphasis added] wrote:I think the accuracy of the claim is too good to be ignored.
If there's a doc in the game, it must be a physician.
If Musher is scum, then scum must have a lot of information about the game that we don't know.
WHAT!?!?!?
Singing Librarian
Singing Librarian
Goon
Singing Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:41 am

Post by Singing Librarian »

strife220 wrote: I think the accuracy of the claim is too good to be ignored. If there's a doc in the game, it must be a physician. If Musher is scum, then scum must have a lot of information about the game that we don't know.
I think that's a rather bizarre statement - if you can see that a doc must surely be a physician in this game, then couldn't anyone, scum or town, without needing any extra information?

I don't think musher's claim makes any difference at all - it does not increase or decrease the suspicion that I had of him before he made it.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:23 am

Post by lord_hur »

Mr Stoofer wrote:
strife220 [emphasis added] wrote:I think the accuracy of the claim is too good to be ignored.
If there's a doc in the game, it must be a physician.
If Musher is scum, then scum must have a lot of information about the game that we don't know.
WHAT!?!?!?
Hmm my low proficiency in english betrays me there. I *think* he means physician is the perfect term for a doctor in ancient times, but I am not sure. I need an explanation about this from you as well, strife220.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:29 am

Post by lord_hur »

strife220 wrote:I believe is the only other person with more than 1 vote on him.
Nope, one vote only on me (springlullaby unvoted a few posts back).
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:42 am

Post by strife220 »

Hur is right. I mean, if there is a doc in the came, then physician is the perfect job-title, because that's what they called the people who did the job of doctors:

http://www.egyptologyonline.com/the_physician.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Egyptian_medicine
http://www.schoolshistory.org.uk/ancien ... dicine.htm

The only other title I would imagine for a doctor would be something religion-based. e.g. "spirit healer" or something like that. But given SlySly's job title and my own, both of which lack ties to mythology, I would imagine that 'physician' is far more likely.

You're right SL that scum could have made up the title, but a lack of counter-claim makes me think he's telling the truth. Of course given the 'no-reveal' rules, counter-claiming is risky in and of itself...

So I guess my logic is:
There's a very good chance of there being a doctor in this game (as in most minis).
If there's a doctor, there's a very good chance their title is 'Physician.'
Given that Musher said he was a doctor with the title Physician, I think he's either telling the truth, or our real doc (if we have one) has decided that since there is a no-reveal rule, counter-claiming wouldn't be smart.

The claim fits too well with the flavor of the game. I believe he's telling the truth.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:01 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

But if you managed to work out that "physician" was the perfect title for Doc, why do you think he couldn't?

[And BTW, physician is an obvious rolename for Doc, so your point is hopeless anyway. You don't have to be the real Doc to come up with that.]
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:02 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Musher333 wrote:i first answered with healer because that was basically what i am
When?
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:18 am

Post by lord_hur »

strife220 wrote:Hur is right. I mean, if there is a doc in the came, then physician is the perfect job-title, because that's what they called the people who did the job of doctors:

http://www.egyptologyonline.com/the_physician.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Egyptian_medicine
http://www.schoolshistory.org.uk/ancien ... dicine.htm

The only other title I would imagine for a doctor would be something religion-based. e.g. "spirit healer" or something like that. But given SlySly's job title and my own, both of which lack ties to mythology, I would imagine that 'physician' is far more likely.

You're right SL that scum could have made up the title, but a lack of counter-claim makes me think he's telling the truth. Of course given the 'no-reveal' rules, counter-claiming is risky in and of itself...

So I guess my logic is:
There's a very good chance of there being a doctor in this game (as in most minis).
Given that Musher said he was a doctor with the title Physician, I think he's either telling the truth, or our real doc (if we have one) has decided that since there is a no-reveal rule, counter-claiming wouldn't be smart.

The claim fits too well with the flavor of the game. I believe he's telling the truth.
I *completely* agree with all this. Furthermore, I really can't picture Musher333, of all players, coming up with such good flavor. And as his disorganised claim - which seems to be the main negative point raised against him - seems perfectly in line with "The Musher Way" to me,
I'd say I'm now 90% sure Musher333's claim is genuine.

There is absolutely no way in hell I'm voting for him, unless someone brings up a valid new point.

Bash me if you will.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:23 am

Post by strife220 »

Mr Stoofer wrote:But if you managed to work out that "physician" was the perfect title for Doc, why do you think he couldn't?

[And BTW, physician is an obvious rolename for Doc, so your point is hopeless anyway. You don't have to be the real Doc to come up with that.]
I didn't say he couldn't have thought it up himself. I said if he did, we still likely have another doc in the game who's avoiding counter-claiming because of the no-reveal 'rule.' I think it's more likely that he told the truth.

Mr Stoofer wrote:
Musher333 wrote:i first answered with healer because that was basically what i am
When?
However I never picked up on the supposed 'healer' claim. Musher - elaborate please?
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:47 am

Post by lord_hur »

SeraphicMirth wrote:Errm...the origin name claim thing is kinda pointless.
Well, I still think it could be interesting, but since everyone but me and springlullaby is against it and you can't all be scum, I'll drop the subject :/
Musher333
Musher333
Goon
Musher333
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:49 am

Post by Musher333 »

strife220 wrote:
Mr Stoofer wrote:But if you managed to work out that "physician" was the perfect title for Doc, why do you think he couldn't?

I didn't say he couldn't have thought it up himself. I said if he did, we still likely have another doc in the game who's avoiding counter-claiming because of the no-reveal 'rule.' I think it's more likely that he told the truth.

Mr Stoofer wrote:
When?
However I never picked up on the supposed 'healer' claim. Musher - elaborate please?
I was sure i put doctor not healer, BIG mistake, sorry.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:24 am

Post by hasdgfas »

I found something in my slight reread that I think is very interesting. A little while ago, strife pulled out this crazy theory:
strife220 wrote: As a side-theory that people may attack me for since it's heavy on speculation, is that scum may get to find out the identity of who they kill. This would explain the perfect job title as well as his eagerness to claim, if N0 kill (forget his name) was the doc.
An interesting theory to be sure, no evidence either way, but it does make you wonder. However, he seems to forget his own theory here:
strife220 wrote:You're right SL that scum could have made up the title, but a lack of counter-claim makes me think he's telling the truth. Of course given the 'no-reveal' rules, counter-claiming is risky in and of itself...

So I guess my logic is:
First off, if strife's theory is correct, it would explain why Musher's claim is so "perfect" even if he is scum. Someone mentioned that they couldn't see musher coming up with that flavor. Well, maybe he didn't have to.
Next, I find it strange that strife would come up with that theory out of the blue like that.
I had something else I was thinking of, but I forgot it. I'll post it when I remember it.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”