Mini 610: Ace Attorney Mafia - Game Over!!

Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:54 pm

Post by Natirasha »

populartajo wrote:
Natirasha wrote:
populartajo wrote:
Natirasha wrote:I'm confused at Joubert's vote.
Wow, Natrasha's first post isnt antitown.
I don't have a vote to vote myself with.
That explains it.
Ok, we have to get this thing moving.
Could you all answer these questions? (Conversation FTW)
1. What do you think of this setup?
2. Is this game tough for town?
3. Is Mirth town or scum? Yes, no, I dont know?
1. I love it. As long as I'm not the defendant.
2. I have a feeling we are the underdogs.
3. No, he's Shelly de Killer, serial killer.

So, I know I am going to get A LOT of slack for this, but I suggest that babygirl full claim.

Before anyone attacks me, let me remind you that we need ALL SEVEN Jurists to agree unanimously for her to be aquited. And, since it's day one, we have so little go on. Additionally, she will probably have to claim at some point during the day anyways. So I just say we skip the fluff and get straight to the meat.

=======================================
Page 2 Votecount

Non-Jurors:

**Babygirl86: (0/7)
Joubert: (0/7)
Matt_S: (0/7)
Natirasha: (0/7)
populartajo: (0/7)

Jurors

ChiefSkye4: (0/6, 0/1)
Cream147: (0/6, 0/1)
Gorrad: (0/6, 0/1)
malthusis: (0/6, 0/1)
Mirth: (0/6, 1/1) Joubert
SlySly: (0/6, 0/1)
theopor_COD: (1/6, 0/1) {Mirth}

Not Voting: (10/12) babygirl86, ChiefSkye4, Cream147, Gorrad, Matt_S, malthusis, Natirasha, populartajo, SlySly, theopor_COD

Deadline for D1: Saturday June 29, 6:15PM GMT+10
=======================================

Just some explanatory notes for the first vote-count. I've split the players into Jurors and Non-Jurors. The 0/7 refers to the number of Jurors needed to lynch a non-juror. The "0/6, 0/1" means "Zero out of six Jurors, Zero out of one ratifying vote (be it a non-Juror, or a self-voting Juror)".

Mirth's name is in squiggly brackets because she is a Juror, unlike Joubert - that how I will differentiate Jurors and non-Jurors (by keeping all Juror names within a set of squiggly brackets like {X, Y, Z}. Any comments or recommendations to improve the votecount are welcome.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:58 pm

Post by Mirth »

Matt_S wrote: 3. Attacking someone for sympathizing with the default lynch is unhelpful, but I'm reserving judgment.
This statement seems forced.

a) note my actual comment about sympathizing. (You call that an attack? Seriously?)
b) we dont know how the default lynch is determined and cannot be 100% that she will be the lynch because the jury may choose to lynch someone else
c) how do you purpose getting conversation out of enough people to perhaps have a viable lynch for today that isnt the default?
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:02 pm

Post by Mirth »

Simulpost. Natirasha, must you really claim townie in your first substantial post?

And for the record, I am against BabyGirl claiming yet. I would like to see some conversation so that there is at least someone competing for the gallows. Her claiming now might give away information needlessly.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:07 pm

Post by Natirasha »

I never once claimed townie in my post. In fact, I assure you, I am not a vanilla townie. In fact, I would be surprised if there were any in this game at all.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:14 pm

Post by Mirth »

Natirasha wrote:I never once claimed townie in my post. In fact, I assure you, I am not a vanilla townie. In fact, I would be surprised if there were any in this game at all.
...~FACEPALM~ *WHY* did you just go and do that? WHY??? If I was at a desk, I'd be hitting my head against it right now.

I was refering to this:
Natirasha wrote: 2. I have a feeling we are the underdogs.
You claimed town. Subtle but there. (For the record, I use "townie" to mean "protown," which I do distinguish from "vanilla")

But still, argh. You just soft-claimed. WTF? As far as I'm concerned, softclaims are the frakking devil.
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:29 pm

Post by babygirl86 »

If I knew that it would save me, I would claim no questions asked. But I'm still kind of confused as to how this game is going to play out so I'm not sure if I should claim yet or not.... as for the questions
1. I think the setup would be awesome.... if I weren't defendant day one
2. day one is always hard on the town, and this game is going to be even harder on the town considering only a certain number of people seem to have a say in the lynch.
3. I have no idea.... too early in the game
ChiefSkye4
ChiefSkye4
Goon
ChiefSkye4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:36 pm

Post by ChiefSkye4 »

populartajo wrote: 1. What do you think of this setup?
1. It's different...obviously, but I think it'll be interesting how everything plays out.
2. Yeah, at least a little, because of all the required unaniminity (is that even a word?!)
3. I don't know, but if I had to lean one way or the other, I'd say prolly not.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:40 pm

Post by Matt_S »

Mirth wrote:a) note my actual comment about sympathizing. (You call that an attack? Seriously?)
b) we dont know how the default lynch is determined and cannot be 100% that she will be the lynch because the jury may choose to lynch someone else
c) how do you purpose getting conversation out of enough people to perhaps have a viable lynch for today that isnt the default?
a. I consider a post which asks if someone is scum to be an attack.
b. All I know is that seven specific people will have to agree if they want someone else to die. I think that's a pretty crappy position to be in, and I'd definitely consider that a default lynch. Whether there's a reason she was chosen as the defendant, that's just baseless speculation at this point. There's no reason to believe that she's any less likely to be town than anyone else, so I don't really know where you're going with this.
c. There's plenty of ways to start discussion that don't involve accusing the first person to post in your first post.

You can call it forced all you want, I'm trying to get you off the hook.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:46 pm

Post by Mirth »

Cept I'm not on the hook. It's page two. I'd be suspicious of anyone who even had a hook this early. Now I'm curious what you all think of Nat's call for a claim from BG? And what do you all think about soft claiming?
ChiefSkye4
ChiefSkye4
Goon
ChiefSkye4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:59 pm

Post by ChiefSkye4 »

About the soft-claiming, I don't like it, cause if you're gonna go so far as to tell us you've got a role, you're prob already a target (if you aren't scum, just baiting us), so you might as well go ahead and tell us what you are.

As for the call for babygirl's claim, I don't know. This is potentially scummy, trying to look town, or it could be a genuine attempt to save the town from lynching our own. In this case, I don't look down on Nat's call for claim. It seems pretty reasonable to me, but it's up to babygirl. If I were her, I'd prolly claim, because you're gonna need to be pretty damn convincing to get yourself off the hook, unfortunately (7 votes are hard to achieve).
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:00 pm

Post by Mirth »

But where would your purpose the 7 votes go then?
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:07 pm

Post by populartajo »

populartajo wrote:
Natirasha wrote:
populartajo wrote:
Natirasha wrote:I'm confused at Joubert's vote.
Wow, Natrasha's first post isnt antitown.
I don't have a vote to vote myself with.
That explains it.
Ok, we have to get this thing moving.
Could you all answer these questions? (Conversation FTW)
1. What do you think of this setup?
I guess it would be fair to asnwer myself these questions.
1. We still dont know much about the setup but I guess it seems interesting.
2. At first glance, yes it is. If babyshamble is town then she has big possibilities of dying today. It's only needed one lurking scum or even a bored player to lynch her. However, Ive been wondering if volkan didnt put a scum as the first defendant or if it was a random decision.
3. Mirth seems town IMO. That type of statements : "I dont know why dont like this or that" seem a bad play for scum.
People left answer please. We need everyone active as possible.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:10 pm

Post by Mirth »

populartajo wrote: 3. Mirth seems town IMO. That type of statements : "I dont know why dont like this or that" seem a bad play for scum.
I repeat, page 2 ~flail~ the fact that youre even thinking you could get a read on me on page 2 bothers me. Lots. Now kindly go answer my questions.
ChiefSkye4
ChiefSkye4
Goon
ChiefSkye4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:10 pm

Post by ChiefSkye4 »

Nowhere, til we have a reason to believe that babygirl ISN'T scum, OR find someone who is especially scummy(er than babygirl, at least). The hard part is getting all of us to agree, which, realistically, probably won't happen. So, I'm not planning on voting for anyone, BG, or otherwise, until I have a good reason to. I believe it's too early in the game to pinpoint any one particular person to vote for yet. At least, from my point of view.
ChiefSkye4
ChiefSkye4
Goon
ChiefSkye4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:11 pm

Post by ChiefSkye4 »

EBWOP: My previous post was answering this question.
Mirth wrote:But where would your purpose the 7 votes go then?
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:18 pm

Post by populartajo »

Mirth wrote:
populartajo wrote: 3. Mirth seems town IMO. That type of statements : "I dont know why dont like this or that" seem a bad play for scum.
I repeat, page 2 ~flail~ the fact that youre even thinking you could get a read on me on page 2 bothers me. Lots. Now kindly go answer my questions.
What questions?
I dont see how you can think everyone but you can have a read on people.
Call me Tajo.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:23 pm

Post by Mirth »

populartajo wrote: What questions?
I dont see how you can think everyone but you can have a read on people.
Mirth wrote:Now I'm curious what you all think of Nat's call for a claim from BG? And what do you all think about soft claiming?
And I don't. You're putting words in my mouth.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:33 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Good to see a game take off like this. Tajo and Mirth are very possibly both scum. Also, I highly doubt that there will be more than one scum on the jury at one time, and if there is then the defendant will be scum. The game is far too unbalanced otherwise and I have enough respect for Vollkan to believe he wouldn't unbalance it as such.

Now that that's settled, Natirasha is almost definitely town. He'll probably die tonight. Just reward for the /facepalm-inducing softclaim.

I'm against BG claiming at this point, or at any point unless she's looking likely to be the lynch. Really, normal claim-rules should apply. Claim at L-2 or under especially odd circumstances. If the claim is good, we choose someone else. The only difference is that we should be sure to get the claim well before deadline so that every juror can swap their vote.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:36 pm

Post by populartajo »

Mirth wrote:And I don't. You're putting words in my mouth.
Look, Mirth. It just seems pretty wrong that you attack me for having a read of you too early when you've basically have a read on everyone that has posted in this game. Why cant someone have a read like you do? Is that your playstyle? Attacking everyone? Or is that you just "read" someone as more suspicious than the rest and go for it?
Mirth wrote:Now I'm curious what you all think of Nat's call for a claim from BG? And what do you all think about soft claiming?
Asking for a claim is pretty suspicious but we're talking about Natirasha here. Its too early for that, IMO, as I have no idea how hard will it be to lynch another person when its necessary that 7 people agre, unless something big happens.
Soft claiming in the other hand is something very strange coming from him and Im still wondering wether this benefits him more as the "antitown" town he could be or as the scum we need to lynch.
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:37 pm

Post by populartajo »

Gorrad wrote:Good to see a game take off like this. Tajo and Mirth are very possibly both scum.
Explanation?
Call me Tajo.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:40 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Mirth makes a scummy post with his 'Withholding judgement', which you don't cover in your 'Mirth seems town' post. Acting confused is a common scum tactic, something I'd expect someone of your experience to know.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:44 pm

Post by Mirth »

populartajo wrote:
Look, Mirth. It just seems pretty wrong that you attack me for having a read of you too early when you've basically have a read on everyone that has posted in this game. Why cant someone have a read like you do? Is that your playstyle? Attacking everyone? Or is that you just "read" someone as more suspicious than the rest and go for it?
I don't have a read on anyone yet, don't know what gave you that impression. And won't for a while. And yes, I'm like this in the first few pages of a game. (And it continues beyond the first few pages if it needs to). I'll attack anything that so much as moves.

Gorrad: why do you think he's almost definitely town. A claim wasn't warranted there and a townie powerrole has really no reason to expose themselves on page 2 especially when there havent been any nightkills yet so we cant attempt to guestimate the setup of the game. How is softclaiming protown?
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:45 pm

Post by populartajo »

Where was I confused?
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:47 pm

Post by populartajo »

Mirth wrote:
populartajo wrote:
I don't have a read on anyone yet, don't know what gave you that impression. And won't for a while. And yes, I'm like this in the first few pages of a game. (And it continues beyond the first few pages if it needs to). I'll attack anything that so much as moves.
It seems clearly to me that you think Natirasha is more scum than town. Am I wrong?
Also, the post above was aimed to Gorrad.
Call me Tajo.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:48 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Mirth: I've got a decent enough Meta on Natirasha to think he would softclaim early with no good reason.

Tajo: You claimed that Mirth acting confused was a towntell. THAT'S what drew my attention.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”