dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:08 am

Post by dcorbe »

icemanE wrote:dcorbe - you're still on the farside wagon - do you still favor a farside lynch?
I'm torn, because D1 lynches this early rarely go well, but she's developed tunnel vision and is acting in haste -- and that's not good for the town.

I'd like to see her response to my post (#145)

Votecount as of post 150

farside22 - 4 (Roflcopter, Mr. Blonde, Grimmy, dcorbe)
Rishi - 1 (Tekkactus)
dcorbe - 1 (farside22)
Grimmy - 1 (Celebloki)

Not Voting - 5 (Pokerface, Surye, Rishi, Korts, IcemanE)

7 to lynch
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:22 am

Post by Rishi »

Still limited access, all. Will get caught up in this game, but wanted to respond to the points against me.
Tekkactus wrote:Damn, do I really only have one post so far this game? That wasn't intentional.

My original vote on Rishi was random, but I'm switching it over to nonrandom now that I've been reading a bit. He continually appears to be sowing misdirection; first towards dcorb's lack of avatar and then again for the SD bar meetup conversation.

These two posts are polar opposites in terms of reasoning. If the vote in the first post was for the reasons in the second, why not put them in the original?
Well, your second post was better than your first, but you need to start contributing. This game is pretty soft on lurkers so far, but this will be a problem for you as the game continues.

I don't think I contradicted myself. I provided NO reasoning in the first post where I voted for dcorbe. Sure, I mentioned the lack of an avatar, and it's easy to infer that is the reason that I voted for him (I maintain that people on MS has *NO* sense of humor), but if I provided a reasoned analysis, I wouldn't have gotten any reaction. If I truly thought that dcrobe was a loose cannon, giving him a logical reason for a vote wouldn't have provoked him, would it? I wasn't seriously trying to get him lynched, anyway. Seven votes is a lot.

I think, after a couple days, after a few people are dead, the interactions following those events will be a gold mine of information. It's just impossible to measure them for now.
Tek wrote: He then starts this conversation off, which, although it appears to defend Surye and Celebloki, pushes the conversation completely off track for the rest of the page, when the roots of actual discussion were starting.

------
I'd also take a second look at everyone on the farside wagon. One post that's at best semi-suspicious doesn't not an L1 make.
This was a semi-joke post. You can't accuse me of derailing the conversation when no one really even acknowledged my post. That post was made slightly before my limited access problems started (you can check the V/LA thread if you don't believe me). I was planning to provide more content, but hadn't had the chance yet.

So, I need to do a re-read. I have played with farside22 a couple times (and modded her a couple times as well), so I think I have a decent meta-read on her. I will try to post my thoughts on her wagon in the next day or two.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:46 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Ok I'm here. Wish you guys had posted less to make this easier on me[/jk]. Ok here we go...

@Surye,
You voted decorbe near the end of the random stage and then jumped off when Rishi and Farside began to wagon him.
Surye wrote:Oh my, another San Diego scummer.
Unvote, Vote: dcorbe
Surye wrote:
Unvote
Okay, my SD Scummer vote is pointless now :P
Did you unvote because A) You felt the random stage was over B) Didn't like the wagon on dcorbe C) Other. Basically what made you think your vote was now pointless. Feel free to give reasons for thinking as you do. As well as say anything else about the current situation.

Post #58 by korts throws up a red flag for me. Defending yourself to an acusation on bad logic is fine, but you present no real case on Mr. blonde when you vote him so you just OMGUSed. Does bad logic make him scum or foolish? Feels wierd with how you vote celbloki later because he OMGUS someoned (See posts 73-75 for that last part)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 79#1093079
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 26#1093126
more on korts further down.

icemanE's early comments feel alot like he was playing both sides of the fence. First he mentions the issue about dcorbe needing an avatar.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 19#1093019
Then he jumps on Rishi and votes Farside when he was originally voting rishi.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 64#1094264
Then he jumps back at dcorbe.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 37#1094937
I talk about his more recent comments later on in this post.

Rishi was the first person to start voting dcorbe for a rather nonsence reason. For the moment I agree with the case Tekkactus has put forward on him. I think it is better to get reactions out of a player by saying the reasons when you vote. That way you let the individual know whether it is a serious vote or nonsence. Him presenting those reasons in the post after his vote just looked like an excuse to stay on the wagon and avoid scrutiny.
Rishi wrote:I don't think I contradicted myself. I provided NO reasoning in the first post where I voted for dcorbe. Sure, I mentioned the lack of an avatar, and it's easy to infer that is the reason that I voted for him (I maintain that people on MS has *NO* sense of humor), but if I provided a reasoned analysis, I wouldn't have gotten any reaction. If I truly thought that dcrobe was a loose cannon, giving him a logical reason for a vote wouldn't have provoked him, would it? I wasn't seriously trying to get him lynched, anyway. Seven votes is a lot.
If you really believed this then you would have never given the reasons you gave in post #80 until after the dcorbe wagon had ended. Also ironically he does give the reaction you seemed to want after post #80 in dcorbe's post #82. I think if you are town you'd have orginally explained your reasons better and perhaps pursued some of the suspicions you pointed out in post #99. Not pursueing them is like needlessly throwing around suspicion.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 19#1095219

Farside voted dcorbe to join the no avatar wagon. I seem to remember the first newbie game me and Farside were in together where there was a player who did not have an avatar and did kinda buddy up to other players. That player was oprice in newbie 520.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6924
I don't see real life meetups at a bar as buddying up conversations so I feel she may have been reaching because this doesn't feel like the farside I've seen before. I will say I disagree with roflcopter's opinion in post #102 though. That doesn't look like she was buddying up to you. Looks more like she was analyzing your comments of her as you wagoned her. I know a few players who's play style involves analyzing people that wagon them by self voting themselves day1 (UltimaAvalon, Niv). Farside did the same kind of analyzing of Mr. Blonde in post #100
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 54#1095454
Korts and Grimmy jumping on farside's wagon for that comment feel off to me since I don't se it as buddying up. Seems like Grimmy may have just been looking for a safe place to vote where he won't get in trouble for lynching Farside (see post 117). Farside's reaching on dcorbe buddying and the bad reasoning she had to wagon dcorbe in the first place are suspect at this moment while I would not acuse her of buddying up to anyone herself.

Farside's claim is pretty simple. I'm surprised Korts and IcemanE jumped off the wagon for it. Korts gives some underming logic and changes his opinion in posts #139 and 142. I'm puzzled of what to make of that at this moment. I think I'll get a better opinion of him based on any reactions he has to my comments and I want to see what he thinks of rolfcopter vs farside in this analysis he alludes to.
Korts wrote:
roflcopter wrote:
Korts wrote:do you have any problem with me doing a PBPA on you, rofl? Because if you do, just say so and I'll skip to voting you.
no doing a pbpa is fine i am just interested in what in particular made you jump immediately to me from farside.
Your reaction to the claim. Of course, it was the obvious claim, and the safe claim for scum of either faction... Damn! Okay, I see where you're coming from now.
Anyway, now that I have it scheduled, I'm doing the PBPA. I don't like your reaction to the proposition.
Korts wrote:I've reconsidered regarding farside's claim. But the choice was because you were the first to pounce on farside's claim. Now I realize that this was a bad reason, but your reaction to my proposition telling enough for me to do that PBPA.
Here is what I don't like about Icemane's response to the claim
icemanE wrote:
farside22 wrote:Well at L-1 all I have is my claim as town.
At least lynching me no power roles are revealed, which gives the scum nothing but guessing for the night.
I don't think I'm reaching. Please look at those who were on my wagon. I don't think my vote against dcorbe is wrong. I say look at him tomorrow.
Hmm... I initially glanced over this post, but look back at it I'm actually sort of inclined to believe it.
Though scum often say something like "I'm just a townie so at least we aren't losing anyone important",
the "look at the people on my wagon, especially dcorbe" part of the message sort of hits home. That last piece of the message would hold no water if farside turned up scum,
and farside seems to sort of concede instead of getting overly defensive and fighting back.
Her comments about the offtopic bar discussion and wide-reaching suspicions are still suspect, but, at least for the time being, I'm going to believe the claim.

unvote
Overdefensiveness is not a direct scum tell. There was a mafia discussion thread about that awhile back and if i find the link later on I will post it in the thread. In my 'current' opinion overdefensiveness can only become a scumtell if it reaches the point where the player's responses and attacks come off as OMGUS every other post. OMGUS is a scum tell, but overdefensiveness certainly isn't.

The conceding and not lynching a power role part of Farside's claim come off as a bad appeal to me. Her post 134 also looks very bad because i firmly believe over defensiveness is not a scum tell. If dcorbe was OMGUSing you, he would have voted you alot sooner. The wagon on him earlier looked like crap. It looks like farside is frantically try to grab reasons to stay on dcorbe. I want to see her comment on some of the recent posting more.

In closing people pinging my scumdar slightly at this moment include grimmy, korts, and icemanE. Grimmy most slightly. I suspect Farside and Rishi more than slightly. My comments towards Surye are mainly questions and not so much suspicions.

FOS: Rishi & Farside

I'll later vote the one I feel is most scum based on their responses to me and some recent postings.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:53 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Found the link to the Mafia Discussion thread about overdefensiveness
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7684
I thought I posted in there back then, but I guess not. At any rate I mentioned my current view of overdefensiveness in this game so I guess that works out. Since you are not suppose to discuss ongoing games outside of the game thread I recomend that no one necro/post in this linked topic since that could/would break some site rules.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:12 pm

Post by icemanE »

Nice post, Poker. I should have time a little later tonight to weigh in on what you say about everyone else, but while I have a few free minutes now I'll just respond to what you've said regarding me.
Poker wrote: icemanE's early comments feel alot like he was playing both sides of the fence. First he mentions the issue about dcorbe needing an avatar.
What I think is strange is that a "no avatar" wagon formed in the first place. That wasn't my intent - earlier in the game I asked Grimmy to get an avatar too, and I didn't and still don't really see how not having an avatar is a scum tell in any way. One of the strangest things is the difference between how people reacted to Grimmy not having an av and dcorbe not having one. Check it out:
Me (44) wrote: Grimmy - why no avatar?
Rishi (45) wrote: He finds them suspicious.
Mr Blonde (47) wrote: I think it goes beyond that. Avatars find Grimmy suspicious.
Just a few jokes, etc, no votes. Now dcorbe, same question to start it off:
Me (55) wrote:dcorbe - why no avatar?
Surye (56) wrote:Oh my, another San Diego scummer. Unvote, Vote: dcorbe
Note: I don't think Surye's vote was related to the avatar issue, but nonetheless it's the first after my post so I feel its necessary to mention it. Moving on:
Mr Blonde (57) wrote:obvious scumtell
This is in response to my "dcorbe, why no avatar?" post.

Sidebar - I meant to ask you, Blonde, whether this comment was aimed at me or dcorbe. Either way I don't really follow how its a scumtell and I assume you're joking, as you did when I asked Grimmy to get one.

So far, the reaction seems to be pretty similar to when Grimmy didn't have an avatar. Then this happens:
Mr Blonde (60) wrote:
Unvote
Vote: dcorbe
for not voting anybody
...and the bandwagon begins.
Rishi (65) wrote:Actually, I play in a lot of newbie games as an IC. I'd say that 90% of them will get an avatar if asked.

Farside (68) wrote:Someone needs to join a newbie game me thinks.
unvote:
vote: dcorbe
Those two votes seem incredibly opportunistic to me. Rishi
actually
seems to be voting dcorbe for
not having an avatar
and Farside claims we were getting good info out of that bandwagon, to which I said:
Me wrote:The only real conversation coming out of that BW is "why are you voting me because I don't have an avatar" which is a totally reasonable question.
It was a bizarre bandwagon - those last two votes seemed to have been placed as "middle of the road" votes, which after a lynch don't seem as important as the first or last, making it appealing for scum to place them, especially if there's a readily available excuse.

Anyways, as far as me playing both sides of the fence, I think you're talking about this post:
I'm gonna have to FoS: Rishi as well.

However, I agree with what rofl has said thus far regarding dcorbe (who, when he's trying to be very sincere, uses his real name in his posts, apparently ^^^), especially this:

rofl wrote:

dcorbe wagon is being ridden by scum, methinks

As such, unvote, vote: farside.
I'm actually talking about two different issues here, but it's poorly worded. I agreed with dcorbe that Rishi was pushing the wagon oppurtunistically (I actually stupidly FoS'd him while my vote was still on him from the random stage :shock: which he was keen to point out) but I also agreed with rofl that dcorbe's wagon was being ridden by scum. The way the initial post reads makes it seem like I'm saying I agree with rofl that dcorbe isn't scummy, but what I really meant to say was that rofl was right in that scum were probably riding dcorbe's wagon. Therefore I put my vote on farside - so in the post i express my suspicion of both farside and Rishi, and accidentally make it seem like I'm not suspicious of dcorbe. Which, as evidenced by my more recent posts, I obviously am. Keep in mind that we're dealing with two scum teams here - Rishi and Farside could be teammates OR be on separate factions - one could even be teammates with dcorbe - either way, those are my three biggest suspects right now.
Poker wrote: Here is what I don't like about Icemane's response to the claim
icemanE wrote:
farside22 wrote: Well at L-1 all I have is my claim as town. At least lynching me no power roles are revealed, which gives the scum nothing but guessing for the night. I don't think I'm reaching. Please look at those who were on my wagon. I don't think my vote against dcorbe is wrong. I say look at him tomorrow.

Hmm... I initially glanced over this post, but look back at it I'm actually sort of inclined to believe it. Though scum often say something like "I'm just a townie so at least we aren't losing anyone important", the "look at the people on my wagon, especially dcorbe" part of the message sort of hits home. That last piece of the message would hold no water if farside turned up scum, and farside seems to sort of concede instead of getting overly defensive and fighting back. Her comments about the offtopic bar discussion and wide-reaching suspicions are still suspect, but, at least for the time being, I'm going to believe the claim.

unvote
Overdefensiveness is not a direct scum tell. There was a mafia discussion thread about that awhile back and if i find the link later on I will post it in the thread. In my 'current' opinion overdefensiveness can only become a scumtell if it reaches the point where the player's responses and attacks come off as OMGUS every other post. OMGUS is a scum tell, but overdefensiveness certainly isn't.
Hmm... another poorly worded post on my part, it seems.
Note: Mod, it looks like the quote might not format properly, if there's an issue would you mind correcting it? I don't see quote tags inside my quote to denote the quoted passage inside it. Thanks.
What I mean to say in the post is essentially this: farside's claim seems more town than other claims I've seen. That doesn't necessarily mean it's a valid claim, but without a deadline in sight, there's no reason to rush a kill, so for now, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt as there are many other subjects to investigate and at least three more scum to find.

The whole overdefensiveness bit doesn't really correlate to what I tried to get across - I only mention overdefensiveness because she DIDN'T do it, so Poker, a mafia theory question: Do you mean to say that the LACK of overdefensiveness, which is what I point out in the post, is a town tell, a scum tell, or a null tell? I couldn't quite tell from the post, because you point out that overdefenisiveness, which her post lacks, is not a scum tell, but you also say you don't buy the claim. In that sense, if she HAD been overdefensive would the claim look any different to you, or would you be just as suspicious of it?

Anywho, thanks.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:32 pm

Post by dcorbe »

icemanE wrote:Nice post, Poker. I should have time a little later tonight to weigh in on what you say about everyone else, but while I have a few free minutes now I'll just respond to what you've said regarding me.
Poker wrote: icemanE's early comments feel alot like he was playing both sides of the fence. First he mentions the issue about dcorbe needing an avatar.
What I think is strange is that a "no avatar" wagon formed in the first place. That wasn't my intent - earlier in the game I asked Grimmy to get an avatar too, and I didn't and still don't really see how not having an avatar is a scum tell in any way. One of the strangest things is the difference between how people reacted to Grimmy not having an av and dcorbe not having one. Check it out:
Me (44) wrote: Grimmy - why no avatar?
Rishi (45) wrote: He finds them suspicious.
Mr Blonde (47) wrote: I think it goes beyond that. Avatars find Grimmy suspicious.
Just a few jokes, etc, no votes. Now dcorbe, same question to start it off:
Me (55) wrote:dcorbe - why no avatar?
Surye (56) wrote:Oh my, another San Diego scummer. Unvote, Vote: dcorbe
Note: I don't think Surye's vote was related to the avatar issue, but nonetheless it's the first after my post so I feel its necessary to mention it. Moving on:
Mr Blonde (57) wrote:obvious scumtell
This is in response to my "dcorbe, why no avatar?" post.

Sidebar - I meant to ask you, Blonde, whether this comment was aimed at me or dcorbe. Either way I don't really follow how its a scumtell and I assume you're joking, as you did when I asked Grimmy to get one.

So far, the reaction seems to be pretty similar to when Grimmy didn't have an avatar. Then this happens:
Mr Blonde (60) wrote:
Unvote
Vote: dcorbe
for not voting anybody
...and the bandwagon begins.
Rishi (65) wrote:Actually, I play in a lot of newbie games as an IC. I'd say that 90% of them will get an avatar if asked.

Farside (68) wrote:Someone needs to join a newbie game me thinks.
unvote:
vote: dcorbe
Those two votes seem incredibly opportunistic to me. Rishi
actually
seems to be voting dcorbe for
not having an avatar
and Farside claims we were getting good info out of that bandwagon, to which I said:
Me wrote:The only real conversation coming out of that BW is "why are you voting me because I don't have an avatar" which is a totally reasonable question.
It was a bizarre bandwagon - those last two votes seemed to have been placed as "middle of the road" votes, which after a lynch don't seem as important as the first or last, making it appealing for scum to place them, especially if there's a readily available excuse.

Anyways, as far as me playing both sides of the fence, I think you're talking about this post:
I'm gonna have to FoS: Rishi as well.

However, I agree with what rofl has said thus far regarding dcorbe (who, when he's trying to be very sincere, uses his real name in his posts, apparently ^^^), especially this:

rofl wrote:

dcorbe wagon is being ridden by scum, methinks

As such, unvote, vote: farside.
I'm actually talking about two different issues here, but it's poorly worded. I agreed with dcorbe that Rishi was pushing the wagon oppurtunistically (I actually stupidly FoS'd him while my vote was still on him from the random stage :shock: which he was keen to point out) but I also agreed with rofl that dcorbe's wagon was being ridden by scum. The way the initial post reads makes it seem like I'm saying I agree with rofl that dcorbe isn't scummy, but what I really meant to say was that rofl was right in that scum were probably riding dcorbe's wagon. Therefore I put my vote on farside - so in the post i express my suspicion of both farside and Rishi, and accidentally make it seem like I'm not suspicious of dcorbe. Which, as evidenced by my more recent posts, I obviously am. Keep in mind that we're dealing with two scum teams here - Rishi and Farside could be teammates OR be on separate factions - one could even be teammates with dcorbe - either way, those are my three biggest suspects right now.
Poker wrote: Here is what I don't like about Icemane's response to the claim
icemanE wrote:
farside22 wrote: Well at L-1 all I have is my claim as town. At least lynching me no power roles are revealed, which gives the scum nothing but guessing for the night. I don't think I'm reaching. Please look at those who were on my wagon. I don't think my vote against dcorbe is wrong. I say look at him tomorrow.

Hmm... I initially glanced over this post, but look back at it I'm actually sort of inclined to believe it. Though scum often say something like "I'm just a townie so at least we aren't losing anyone important", the "look at the people on my wagon, especially dcorbe" part of the message sort of hits home. That last piece of the message would hold no water if farside turned up scum, and farside seems to sort of concede instead of getting overly defensive and fighting back. Her comments about the offtopic bar discussion and wide-reaching suspicions are still suspect, but, at least for the time being, I'm going to believe the claim.

unvote
Hmm... another poorly worded post on my part, it seems.
Note: Mod, it looks like the quote might not format properly, if there's an issue would you mind correcting it? I don't see quote tags inside my quote to denote the quoted passage inside it. Thanks.
What I mean to say in the post is essentially this: farside's claim seems more town than other claims I've seen. That doesn't necessarily mean it's a valid claim, but without a deadline in sight, there's no reason to rush a kill, so for now, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt as there are many other subjects to investigate and at least three more scum to find.

The whole overdefensiveness bit doesn't really correlate to what I tried to get across - I only mention overdefensiveness because she DIDN'T do it, so Poker, a mafia theory question: Do you mean to say that the LACK of overdefensiveness, which is what I point out in the post, is a town tell, a scum tell, or a null tell? I couldn't quite tell from the post, because you point out that overdefenisiveness, which her post lacks, is not a scum tell, but you also say you don't buy the claim. In that sense, if she HAD been overdefensive would the claim look any different to you, or would you be just as suspicious of it?

Anywho, thanks.
You mind explaining why you think I'm scummy instead of trying to subliminally plant the idea into everyone's head?

It must have taken you a little while to think through and type all of that out. You could have taken 5 extra minutes to explain it.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:34 pm

Post by dcorbe »

My last post was unclear, so

@icemanE: Re your post (154) You mind explaining why you think I'm scummy instead of trying to subliminally plant the idea into everyone's head?

It must have taken you a little while to think through and type all of that out. You could have taken 5 extra minutes to explain it.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:43 pm

Post by icemanE »

dcorbe - my suspicion is based primarily off of the last page, that being page 6 - the inconsistencies between what you say and how you vote, the latter being the more powerful in mafia.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:02 pm

Post by dcorbe »

icemanE wrote:dcorbe - my suspicion is based primarily off of the last page, that being page 6 - the inconsistencies between what you say and how you vote, the latter being the more powerful in mafia.
She's at L-3 right now, so I don't feel the need to take my vote off of her. I didn't feel the need to take my vote off of her before because I wanted a fast answer out of her. I would still feel completely justified in keeping my vote on her if she were L-1 because she is active and posting elsewhere.

This explanation isn't likely to satisfy you. Have a good night.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:56 am

Post by dcorbe »

FoS: icemanE
for two reasons

1) For defending a lurker. She's active and refusing to post in this game.
2) Every time I try to address the situation with farside22 icemanE chimes in and my requests get buried under accusatory chatter.

I'd still like to see her response to my post (#145): Either I'm contributing usefully or I'm not. It can't be both and it can't be one or the other when it suits her whims. Which is it?
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:13 am

Post by icemanE »

@dcorbe:

Another reason I am suspicious of you is your OMGUS style of play. I'll cite examples in a second. In response to your most recent post:

1) I'm explaining why I think the claim is worthy of pausing her lynch, not defending a lurker. She's still on my FoS list, as I've clearly said. I just don't think it's necessary to lynch someone this early on. You, on the other hand, have gone back and forth on this issue of lynching her, leaving your vote on her when you think she shouldn't be lynched, yet also giving what you thought was the hammer vote. It's very inconsistent.

2) The above responds to this point - Every time you address the "farside issue" it's inconsistent with previous posts, and that's worth noting.

Farside - It would be good of you to respond to his question and participate in this game. I understand you have a baby but you seem to be active in other games, as dcorbe pointed out.

As far as the OMGUS I mentioned earlier, here's where I've seen it:
FoS: Korts
That was post 115 - you FoS Korts because he criticized your irrelevant conversation.
Unvote
Vote: farside22
Post 121, shortly after farside expressed her suspicion of you.
Your most recent post. Your first point I responded to already in this post. Your second point, about your discussion getting overshadowed by my "accusatory chatter" is straight up OMGUS. I made a lengthy post describing my stand on the game, and pointed out your inconsistencies. You attempt to dismiss it as irrelevant.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:29 am

Post by dcorbe »

icemanE wrote:@dcorbe:

Another reason I am suspicious of you is your OMGUS style of play. I'll cite examples in a second. In response to your most recent post:

1) I'm explaining why I think the claim is worthy of pausing her lynch, not defending a lurker. She's still on my FoS list, as I've clearly said. I just don't think it's necessary to lynch someone this early on. You, on the other hand, have gone back and forth on this issue of lynching her, leaving your vote on her when you think she shouldn't be lynched, yet also giving what you thought was the hammer vote. It's very inconsistent.
I thought it was the hammer vote after I placed it, not before. It was a mistake, a stupid one at that. I've also explained my reasoning behind my decision to leave my vote on her, which I correctly predicted would not satisfy your curiosity. Keep after it though, because maybe if you repeat it over and over again you can get the town to lynch me based on that fact alone and you won't need to come up with any new case building material on me whatsoever.
icemanE wrote:2) The above responds to this point - Every time you address the "farside issue" it's inconsistent with previous posts, and that's worth noting.
How is asking her to respond to a question a contradiction to anything I've previously said?
icemanE wrote: Farside - It would be good of you to respond to his question and participate in this game. I understand you have a baby but you seem to be active in other games, as dcorbe pointed out.

As far as the OMGUS I mentioned earlier, here's where I've seen it:
FoS: Korts
That was post 115 - you FoS Korts because he criticized your irrelevant conversation.
How is that an OMGUS? It's a legitimate point to FoS people who won't let irrelevant conversation die down. In the scheme of things page 5 is already well beyond where the incident took place to begin with. If I'm going to have a case built against me for what even
you
say is irrelevant chatter, then I'm going to call people on it before I go down in flames.
icemanE wrote:
Unvote
Vote: farside22
Post 121, shortly after farside expressed her suspicion of you.
Your most recent post. Your first point I responded to already in this post. Your second point, about your discussion getting overshadowed by my "accusatory chatter" is straight up OMGUS. I made a lengthy post describing my stand on the game, and pointed out your inconsistencies. You attempt to dismiss it as irrelevant.
If I were trying to dismiss your arguments as irrelevant I wouldn't even dignify them with responses.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:39 am

Post by icemanE »

If I were trying to dismiss your arguments as irrelevant I wouldn't even dignify them with responses.
- Daniel.

Lol.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:47 am

Post by icemanE »

Keep after it though, because maybe if you repeat it over and over again you can get the town to lynch me based on that fact alone and you won't need to come up with any new case building material on me whatsoever.
Buddy, I'm not trying to convince anybody to lynch you. You asked me to tell you why I thought you were suspicious, and I did. If you didn't want it you shouldn't have asked for it.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:53 am

Post by Rishi »

PokerFace wrote: If you really believed this then you would have never given the reasons you gave in post #80 until after the dcorbe wagon had ended. Also ironically he does give the reaction you seemed to want after post #80 in dcorbe's post #82. I think if you are town you'd have orginally explained your reasons better and perhaps pursued some of the suspicions you pointed out in post #99. Not pursueing them is like needlessly throwing around suspicion.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 19#1095219
Again, the purpose of my post was to test reactions, and not just dcorbe's reactions. I wanted to see what the other players had to say. In the early game, there isn't much to go on and so you start cases on people to generate discussion. The discussion leads to more suspicion, either on the person being pressured or others.

The main reason I abandoned suspicions of dcorbe: 1) I hadn't had as much time to log in lately. 2) I think people have done more scummy things since then. When I unvoted, I pointed out other behavior that deserved a closer look.

Now should we look at dcorbe for his general defensiveness? Probably not. But he is still on the farside wagon, which doesn't seem all that well thought out to me. Sure, she's said a couple questionable things, but it looked like people were trying to quicklynch her. I am especially wary of those who jumped on and then jumped off in an incredibly short amount of time: icemanE and Korts.

As far as Mr. Blonde, Grimmy and dcorbe, I am curious why you guys are still voting for farside. I didn't see must justification when you placed your votes.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:57 am

Post by dcorbe »

icemanE wrote:
Keep after it though, because maybe if you repeat it over and over again you can get the town to lynch me based on that fact alone and you won't need to come up with any new case building material on me whatsoever.
Buddy, I'm not trying to convince anybody to lynch you. You asked me to tell you why I thought you were suspicious, and I did. If you didn't want it you shouldn't have asked for it.
Really? You think so?

You're probably going to dismiss this as an OMGUSy reaction, but you said it once and I felt the need to respond, so I did.

You said it twice, so I responded again to make sure that my point is getting across to the rest of the town along side yours.

If you keep bringing it up it does look like you may be planting the seeds of a case against me based on this fact.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:07 am

Post by dcorbe »

Now should we look at dcorbe for his general defensiveness? Probably not. But he is still on the farside wagon, which doesn't seem all that well thought out to me. Sure, she's said a couple questionable things, but it looked like people were trying to quicklynch her. I am especially wary of those who jumped on and then jumped off in an incredibly short amount of time: icemanE and Korts.

As far as Mr. Blonde, Grimmy and dcorbe, I am curious why you guys are still voting for farside. I didn't see must justification when you placed your votes.[/quote]

Rishi,

If you'd like a recap of why I still feel I am justified in my vote, please see post #s: 158, 150 (in response to 149), 145
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:07 am

Post by dcorbe »

My quote tags keep getting screwed up.

@Rishi: If you'd like a recap of why I still feel I am justified in my vote, please see post #s: 158, 150 (in response to 149), 145
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:16 am

Post by Rishi »

dcorbe wrote:My quote tags keep getting screwed up.

@Rishi: If you'd like a recap of why I still feel I am justified in my vote, please see post #s: 158, 150 (in response to 149), 145
Yeah. It's some justification, which is better than none. And Grimmy said something as well.

Still want something from Mr. Blonde, though.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:26 am

Post by dcorbe »

Rishi wrote:
dcorbe wrote:My quote tags keep getting screwed up.

Yeah. It's some justification, which is better than none. And Grimmy said something as well.

Still want something from Mr. Blonde, though.
Curious... what did grimmy say since post 164.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:55 am

Post by Korts »

Bah. I seriously need to reread the last couple pages, I don't know where I'm standing with this game. Added to will do list.
scumchat never die
Tekkactus
Tekkactus
Goon
Tekkactus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:35 am

Post by Tekkactus »

While I didn't see dcorbe's defensive streak last time, I'm sure as hell noticing it now. Iceman has a long detailed post, most of which is defending dcorbe and attacking the members of his wagon, but also leaves some suspicion on him due to his erratic voting. dcorbe responds with what some people may consider "fightin' woids":
dcorbe (156) wrote: @icemanE: Re your post (154) You mind explaining why you think I'm scummy instead of trying to subliminally plant the idea into everyone's head?
...then OMGUS attacks him. After Iceman's reply that he's merely dismissing his points, dcorbe again takes on this uppity, snotty attitude:
I wouldn't be at all surprised if he attacks me for this. :roll:

@Rishi: Your defense is well put and rightfully considered. I'm still suspicious, but not enough to still warrant a vote.
Unvote
"Witty quote."
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:58 am

Post by farside22 »

dcorbe wrote: You're still reaching. At one point in time you liked this. You went as far as to say I had a good point and now you're going back on your word. Which is it? Either I'm contributing usefully or I'm not. It can't be one or the other when it suits your whims.

You seem to have a personal problem with me and it's effecting your judgement.
I thought you had a point, but I did a read through again and felt differently. It happens to everyone.
On a side note I have no issue with you or problem. I don't have tunnel vision in any game I've played whether scum or town. I don't know why but some of what you say just feels off to me.
Iceman. I try and respond at least once a day. I don't think asking me to come in every time to respond to a question is fair. I'm doing the best I can with my once a day comments and if I have time I try and say more.
I will go back and do a reread I just don't have time today. Expect more tomorrow.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:07 am

Post by dcorbe »

Tekkactus wrote:While I didn't see dcorbe's defensive streak last time, I'm sure as hell noticing it now. Iceman has a long detailed post, most of which is defending dcorbe and attacking the members of his wagon, but also leaves some suspicion on him due to his erratic voting. dcorbe responds with what some people may consider "fightin' woids":
dcorbe (156) wrote: @icemanE: Re your post (154) You mind explaining why you think I'm scummy instead of trying to subliminally plant the idea into everyone's head?
...then OMGUS attacks him. After Iceman's reply that he's merely dismissing his points, dcorbe again takes on this uppity, snotty attitude:
I wouldn't be at all surprised if he attacks me for this. :roll:

@Rishi: Your defense is well put and rightfully considered. I'm still suspicious, but not enough to still warrant a vote.
Unvote
This comment was designed to goad me and I'm not going to take the bait because I feel as if I've already sufficiently addressed all of the comments you have just made regarding my play style, my justification for voting the way I have so far and the couple of contradictory posts I have made so far.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:16 pm

Post by roflcopter »

pokerface's big post was full of awesome but he really needs to pull the trigger and actually vote for somebody, foses get us nowhere.
farside22 wrote:
dcorbe wrote: You're still reaching. At one point in time you liked this. You went as far as to say I had a good point and now you're going back on your word. Which is it? Either I'm contributing usefully or I'm not. It can't be one or the other when it suits your whims.

You seem to have a personal problem with me and it's effecting your judgement.
I thought you had a point, but I did a read through again and felt differently. It happens to everyone.
On a side note I have no issue with you or problem. I don't have tunnel vision in any game I've played whether scum or town. I don't know why but some of what you say just feels off to me.
Iceman. I try and respond at least once a day. I don't think asking me to come in every time to respond to a question is fair. I'm doing the best I can with my once a day comments and if I have time I try and say more.
I will go back and do a reread I just don't have time today. Expect more tomorrow.
"just felt off" is still not a valid reason to suspect somebody, and if you can't explain what about it made it feel off to you i certainly don't see why anyone else would believe you have a legitimate case against him let alone vote for him with you.

its nothing personal when i say that farside needs to be lynched immediately.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”