Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:22 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Vote: Phoebus
- that was just the right amount of distancing for a scumbuddy, and I still think you were ignoring xy earlier on. Claim please.

Scum recruiter? Man, I couldn't have guessed that lynch would go so well - however, there's no reason to assume any of killa/me/farside are pure town, because there's also the possibility of a kill+block. The night rules make that incredibly sketchy to base anything on though, so it's not much worth effort worrying about right now.

Vote count
(12 players alive = 7 to lynch before deadline)
(2) Rogue Shenanigans – OhGodMyLife, Jenter Bronlincani
(1) Jenter Brolincani – muffinhead
(1) Phoebus – Mr. Flay

Not voting:
farside22, Flameaxe, Grimmy, killa seven, Nitro Styles, Phoebus, Rogue Shenanigans, SpyreX

Deadline:
Thursday 12 June 1:00 AM (GMT -5 according to forum clock)
Retired as of October 2014.
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:52 pm

Post by muffinhead »

Mr. Flay wrote: Scum recruiter? Man, I couldn't have guessed that lynch would go so well - however, there's no reason to assume any of killa/me/farside are pure town, because there's also the possibility of a kill+block. The night rules make that incredibly sketchy to base anything on though, so it's not much worth effort worrying about right now.
Thats very true but I believe this to be very important info. Therefore I suggest if we have a doctor then the doc should calim so that we know whether there is a doc or not. If so then the doc should tell us who he protected so we know who is a guarentied townie.
Show
For more info about my gaming history and future plans visit my wiki at

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Muffinhead

May run normal game quacks and masons mafia 2 IF I get enough intrest. pm me if your intrested.
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:09 am

Post by muffinhead »

Ok i have scattered through and not much to really say since the 1st day is all about xyzzy. I now understand y everyone didnt like Rogue.

However i still find it very unlikly that if indeed we have a doc then the doc targeted the person who the mafia tried to lynch. However the possibility is still there.
Show

May run normal game quacks and masons mafia 2 IF I get enough intrest. pm me if your intrested.
Rogue Shenanigans
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:11 am

Post by Rogue Shenanigans »

Meh... I was gonna get all kinds of flak today no matter what.

Vote:killahseven
for some amazing craplogic in twilight yesterday.
Rogue Shenanigans
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:15 am

muffinhead wrote: good point there ogml. Since he put the final vote on then surly he wouldve sent a nk in and I cant imagine him not sending a nk just to put everyone off. But surly this applies to everyone who posted after him as well.
1) Dont go down the WIFOM route. If I was mafia there would be no way I would not NK after losing such a powerful role.

2) I don't think Johoohno will accept twilight Night choices.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:40 am

Post by farside22 »

This should not be a surprise to anyone from me.
vote: killa seven

Also tempted to vote muffinhead.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:43 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

muffinhead wrote:
Mr. Flay wrote: Scum recruiter? Man, I couldn't have guessed that lynch would go so well - however, there's no reason to assume any of killa/me/farside are pure town, because there's also the possibility of a kill+block. The night rules make that incredibly sketchy to base anything on though, so it's not much worth effort worrying about right now.
Thats very true but I believe this to be very important info. Therefore I suggest if we have a doctor then the doc should calim so that we know whether there is a doc or not. If so then the doc should tell us who he protected so we know who is a guarentied townie.
WOAH DOC FISHING!

Also, the rules are pretty clear on the fact that night choices need to be sent
before
the hammer vote is cast, so people who posted in twilight are in no way cleared. And I guess you didn't read the second half of that post you quoted about how rogue should have been able to send in the kill, where I say that a power role (be that a doc, a roleblocker or whatever) is also a valid explanation for the no kill?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:59 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Uhhh, why would the doctor need to come out now? How do you even know there's a Doc, and not a roleblocker? :?:

If anything, I could see discussion of a massclaim now that we're one-up on the scum, but doc fishing has no benefit to the town. The doctor is more useful staying hidden.
Retired as of October 2014.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:01 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Possible two up on the scum, given that we caught the scum recruiter before giving him a chance to go to night and recruit.

Because we are totally badass like that.
Rogue Shenanigans
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:04 am

I seriously didn't see the case on ZZ.

I suck.
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:09 am

Post by muffinhead »

farside22 wrote:This should not be a surprise to anyone from me.

Ok first of all farside plz explain this. You of all people know I hate it when I am being fosd or voted on without reasoning.
Also, the rules are pretty clear on the fact that night choices need to be sent before the hammer vote is cast, so people who posted in twilight are in no way cleared. And I guess you didn't read the second half of that post you quoted about how rogue should have been able to send in the kill, where I say that a power role (be that a doc, a roleblocker or whatever) is also a valid explanation for the no kill?
Ok once again ty for pointing that out ogml. I have offcially done a read of the rules there and u r correct. I am no longer up for a doc to claim.
How do you even know there's a Doc, and not a roleblocker?
This was an assumption but the orginal ssww had a doc and I dont think it had a roleblocker.
If anything, I could see discussion of a massclaim now that we're one-up on the scum, but doc fishing has no benefit to the town. The doctor is more useful staying hidden.
I disagree with the mass claim because most of the info would be of no use to the town and then gives the scum all the info about the poweroles. Maybe after a few more days it will be a good idea to massclaim if we havnt found the remainging scum but no chance at this stage.
Show

OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:17 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Rogue Shenanigans wrote:I seriously didn't see the case on ZZ.

I suck.
Not that I don't like it when people admit they were wrong and I was right, but this pretty much directly contradictory to the part of yesterday where you tried to convince me you hadn't made up your mind on xyzzy (in reference to chainsaw defense) and also to your hammer vote.
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:22 am

Post by muffinhead »

OhGodMyLife wrote:

I suck.
Not that I don't like it when people admit they were wrong and I was right, but this pretty much directly contradictory to the part of yesterday where you tried to convince me you hadn't made up your mind on xyzzy (in reference to chainsaw defense) and also to your hammer vote.
total agrrence. To put a vote the final vote on someone u dont understand y he is scum is totally crazy.

So rogue, if u dont think hes scum then WHY ON EARTH do u put a vote on him?
fos rogue
Show

Rogue Shenanigans
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:27 am

OhGodMyLife wrote:

I suck.
1.) Just because I dont see the case on someone does not mean I think they were town. I really had not made up my mind.

2.) That hammer was coming anyway and I felt we would have a better day 2 with the information that had gone before.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:32 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Mod:
please prod or replace Nitro Styles

This rogue wagon needs less FoSes and more votes. With twelve alive we still need seven to lynch today.

Flay, I agree with you re: phoebus, but what makes him more scummy than Rogue Shenanigans?
Rogue Shenanigans
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:38 am

I would also like to note that the semi-quick lynch on ZZ could be reason for the lack of a NK. Scum could have thought they still had a day and a half to choose. Once you guys realise that I am all kinds of town I suggest we go after Nitro or K9
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:40 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Rogue Shenanigans wrote:I would also like to note that the semi-quick lynch on ZZ could be reason for the lack of a NK. Scum could have thought they still had a day and a half to choose. Once you guys realise that I am all kinds of town I suggest we go after Nitro or K9
I already pointed out that the early lynch could have made the scum miss their kill, and this looks like a desperate attempt to get a wagon on anybody but you. "Hey guys, look at the lurkers!" will not dissuade me.
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:43 am

Post by muffinhead »

Rogue Shenanigans wrote:
OhGodMyLife wrote:

I suck.
1.) Just because I dont see the case on someone does not mean I think they were town. I really had not made up my mind.

2.) That hammer was coming anyway and I felt we would have a better day 2 with the information that had gone before.
1- There are only 2 reasons u vote if ur town.
a-to get info from a player (which u obviously dont do when u put the final vote on a player)
b- u think that player is scum (aka u have a case against that player) through sus things that player has done.

Now ur saying you put the final vote on him without believeing he is scum.

2- As a matter a fact day 2 is ALWAYS going to happen and it would last the same amount of time since there is a deadline assuming we use all the time up. Therefore there is nothing to lose and everything to gan in hanging on right to the deadline.

Ok now u have just posted an acutal reasons to question 2 after writing out the above. However im wondering why u didnt say this earlier?

Ok its nigt time down under and ill be back tomorrow to post.

Last comment- If it wasnt for that final vote on zz then i would be convinced he is scum.
Show

Rogue Shenanigans
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:48 am

muffinhead wrote:
Rogue Shenanigans wrote:
OhGodMyLife wrote:

I suck.

2- As a matter a fact day 2 is ALWAYS going to happen and it would last the same amount of time since there is a deadline assuming we use all the time up. Therefore there is nothing to lose and everything to gan in hanging on right to the deadline.
There is nothing to gain and everything to lose.

1.) The ZZ lynch was inevitable.
2.) The extra day and a half would allow scum to better pick out a power role or even submit a kill it seems.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:21 am

Post by Phoebus »

Doc fishing =! good.

Flay...claim with one vote?
Really?
RIGHT AMOUNT of scum buddy distancing or whatever you call it...
You mean...not mentioning xyzzy at all...until I vote for him.
Not try to deflect attention, try a different bandwagon than xyzzy.
Never safely try to FoS him to show that I was "getting the wagon"

Let's see what I've actually done here...

Voted for someone - forgotten why
declared my apathy towards Day 1
voted xyzzy - he turned out scum (not that I claim any credit for that)

Call me scatter-brained...I'm not scummy.
if you think i'm scummy or i'm scum...you're wrong... :)

My suspects for today:

SpyreX - for one post that set off my radar...
I will quote it next.

Flay - for just being wrong.
With his...if xyzzy is scum, I follow Phoebus thing... well... fine enough...to an extent but you're barking up the wrong tree here.

There's a fable that goes something like this:
To see if MeMe is scum in a game, see how often she's wrong.
I'm tempted to apply that to Flay here.

If you think what I'm doing is truly honestly scummy...you need to retune your scumdar.
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:25 am

Post by Phoebus »

SpyreX wrote:
Aside from that, the only other player that's -really- catching my eye is Phoebus.

1.) "active lurking"
2.) The prods when he's given no real content.
3.) This one really gets me:
Well, to be entirely honest...I saw something about Grimmy but don't remember what.
For now, he's not done anything to make me want to unvote.
So, you're voting for someone but you dont remember why yet, somehow,
i just don't like this post for some reason.
he very essentially recapitulates what everyone else and their cousin had previously said...
obliges with some tasty quotation marks and adds emphasis...really eye catching.

At least I have an excuse for being wrong - I'm no legend and am not scatterbrained ;)

Oh and Flay...
I'm pretty sure that there are at least three other possible scenarios for lack of a kill

a) Immunity
b) Recruitment disallows kills
c) Scum chose not to kill

One of them is more equal than others.
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:08 am

Post by SpyreX »

Well, lets get this party started:

vote Rogue Shenanigans

Like I said yesterday, if ZZ came up scum it would take an act of god to make me think you weren't his scumbuddy. Lo and behold.

To top it off:
I would also like to note that the semi-quick lynch on ZZ could be reason for the lack of a NK. Scum could have thought they still had a day and a half to choose.
Once you guys realise that I am all kinds of town
I suggest we go after Nitro or K9
This really strikes me as:
1.) Pretty much lynch anyone but me, guys, with no real reason.
2.) That once you guys realize I'm all kinds of town -really- rubs me the wrong way after, of course, you'd already rubbed me wrong.

@Phoebius -

Yes, I, like everyone and their cousin, found the behavior strange. I'd commented on it more than once before I made that post. I'm not sold on you being scum (especially when compared to Rogue above) but those
actions
were and are scummy. I'm going to go look back at everything you've said and see if I can make a stronger judgment.
Rogue Shenanigans
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:13 am

At -1 I will claim...

Anyone who hammers before I claim is obv scum.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:19 am

Post by SpyreX »

I went looking to see if I could get a better read on Phoebius (which I can't - his playstyle or whatever it is seems scummy to me for reasons said before). However, my look gave me another
very
scummy player.

I present to you, ladies and gentlemen: Farside

Since he's weighing in with a whopping EIGHT posts I'll go ahead and give the play by play:

1.) Jokevote for grimmy (I think its a jokevote at least)
2.) Suggesting killa seven as a kill -regardless- of alignment.
3.) Responding to prod. Saying seeing a lot of arguments with no substance.
4.) FoS on OMGL for being pushy (he is, but so what?). The first real gem:
Are you trying to get the lurkers to talk more or trying to get xzzy lynched before anyone is paying attention.
5.) In reply to Korts voting for Rogue:
Even I disagree with this. I am not attacking OMGL first of all. I'm just saying he is aggressively attacking zz and pushing for the lynch hard. I'm not used to it. I'm not defending zz either. As for this comment I think Korts lost it or is scum.
6.) This one is really a winner (especially with day 2 information):
What OMGL are you looking from zz for? Did he not explain his actions to your satisfaction?
Do you think scum to be idiotic on page 1?
These are reason's I'm not sold on your idea for zz as scum.
7.) Yet another doozy:
Says the man who has said next to nothing this game. My vote is for Killa or Korts at this point.
8.) In finale (after ROGUE has voted for him):
This should not be a surprise to anyone from me.
What do I pull from this set of posts?
1.) Farside -really- seems buddy-buddy with rogue. That last killa vote, which of course has no real explanation, comes not long after Rogue does the same. Super HI-C tip: dont hold hands with the scummiest player in the game right now.
2.) In the eight posts, the only "substance" I can really see is saying the ZZ case wasn't good, FoSing OMGL for it and trying to say that scum wouldn't be so stupid as to be that scummy on page 1 (Hint - they were).

I'm not even going to FoS - my vote is on Rogue barring some kinda miracle. However, when Rogue flips scum and the game isn't over, I'm lookin your way farside.
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:20 pm

Post by killa seven »

Vote count please.

The chainsaw defense from farside is staggering.
Rogue, you saying quick hammer prevents the scum from gettin a kill in,what about the protown power roles? i dont think scum have to wait for -1 to send in kill choices.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”