Newbie 584: Mark it "done"!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:57 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

icemanE wrote:Also, lest I forget, muffin, why the twigs vote?
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:46 pm

Post by muffinhead »

Alabaska J wrote:
icemanE wrote:Also, lest I forget, muffin, why the twigs vote?
Well twiggles has contributed nothing the whole game somthing everyone else has done and we have lynched 2 of the biggest posters. Its as if twiggles has been lurking and ive just come from putting the final vote on scum in another game who posted no contributions whatsoever.
Show
For more info about my gaming history and future plans visit my wiki at

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Muffinhead

May run normal game quacks and masons mafia 2 IF I get enough intrest. pm me if your intrested.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:49 am

Post by icemanE »

OK, so w/ only 5 of us now we can be sure of a couple of things. One is that we're down to two of the possible setups:
a) 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Cop, 1 Doctor, 5 Townies
OR
d) 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Doctor, 6 Townies

Additionally, there are two people in the remaining 5 who KNOW who is town and who is scum.

It is also lylo.

In light of that, I would like to hear who everyone thinks is scum, so we can work from there. I have a feeling everyone should unvote, too, but that's up to you. Since there are two scum and it will take 3 votes to lynch, one poorly placed vote on a townie could end the game.

I'm going to do a reread (in progress) that centers mostly on Alabaska (who i did not realize was also zero/metalic/snail until I started the reread) and Twigless.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:23 am

Post by icemanE »

Muffin - you thought Alabaska was very scummy in yesterday's posts. You seemed torn between voting Alabaska or SD. Why this sudden change to Twigs, especially considering the importance of your vote at this stage of the game? It seems entirely inappropriate to place a vote like that when all the scum would have to do to end it all would be to vote-vote FTW.

I also see Alabaska's vote as quite random: neither of you discussed these candidates for your votes yesterday at all and you've given very menial reasoning as to why you've placed them, and votes mean more right now than they have at any other time in the game. I'd like some expansion and a more thorough analysis, please, and I'm going to have to give muffin a separate reread.
Twiglees
Twiglees
Townie
Twiglees
Townie
Townie

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:55 am

Post by Twiglees »

Everyone should unvote. Potentially, a stray vote at the wrong time could allow the scum to jump on and then they win. We need to consider our decision carefully and not vote until we are very sure about the result. This day (and tomorrow, if it happens) are key days due to LYLO and we don't want to fall suspect to a silly vote.
Show
Completed game results

As town:
0-0

As Scum:
0-1
Lost Newbie 584 as Day 4 lynch
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:41 am

Post by Alabaska J »

Twiglees wrote:Everyone should unvote. Potentially, a stray vote at the wrong time could allow the scum to jump on and then they win. We need to consider our decision carefully and not vote until we are very sure about the result. This day (and tomorrow, if it happens) are key days due to LYLO and we don't want to fall suspect to a silly vote.
Duly noted. What is it, four to lynch?

unvote

Case pending, but I'm getting my license today, and DPS lines are a bitch, os I can't promise anything. Plus I replaced into a couple games. :/
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:01 am

Post by MeMe »

Vote Count

Twiglees
(1):
muffinhead

not voting
(4):
Alabaska J, icemanE, ting =), Twiglees

Need three today.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:16 pm

Post by muffinhead »

ok first up
unvote
as ice brings up a very good point. Now if we have a look at thesitauation then 2 out of 3 are scum. So we already have a 40% chance of finding scum.

Personally I have no suspicision of iceman whatsoever because of his trendous contribution and his response under pressure. Now we are down to 3. Yet it is the 3 who havnt contributed enough which is typical as I said.

Now i doubt that ting is scum however he hasnt posted enough contribution for me to be definate about it. Also alabaska has contributed alot since hes entered the game and as much as he looks scum i do get some town vibes.

Now that leaves us with twiggles. Contribution to scum finding? none. I havnt heard an oponion of anyone remaining in the game from him. Nor have I seen a response to votes yet.

Also havnt seen a response to my vote which everyone else has done. I really think i should keep my vote on but i wont untill we all have definate confirmation of who we are going to lynch.

Also i notced that no one put a 2nd vote on overnight on twigs which gives me more reason to be sus considering everyone except ting posted.

@ ting and alabaska. What are your thoughts on twiggles?
Show

May run normal game quacks and masons mafia 2 IF I get enough intrest. pm me if your intrested.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:47 pm

Post by icemanE »

muffin wrote: Now i doubt that ting is scum however he hasnt posted enough contribution for me to be definate about it.
I also feel fairly confident that Ting is town, but I would DEFINITELY like to get a good amount of contribution out of him today before any lynching occurs, ESPECIALLY due to my confidence that he's town. He could be a great help today.
muffin wrote: Now that leaves us with twiggles. Contribution to scum finding? none. I havnt heard an oponion of anyone remaining in the game from him. Nor have I seen a response to votes yet.

Also havnt seen a response to my vote which everyone else has done.
Good point, he needs to step up to the plate today for sure. As of right now, by process of elimination, I'm fairly sure the scum team is Alabaska and Twigs. However, as you say, we can't really rule anyone out yet, so it's a wise choice to hold off on putting a vote on someone, from my evaluation.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:24 pm

Post by ting =) »

I'm sorry, but I can't seem to access internet from my house. I have to post from uni. I'll spend an hour on this later and type out my thoughts.

I think the scum is among ogml, twigs and alabaska.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:58 pm

Post by ting =) »

OH. ogml got nk'd.

Reading the day 3 posts now.
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:04 pm

Post by muffinhead »

ting =) wrote:OH. ogml got nk'd.

Reading the day 3 posts now.
hi ting i heard what happened after reading the help section and i really hope ur intrenet gets better because we really need some contirubtion from u as there are only 5 left
Show

ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:11 pm

Post by ting =) »

Alright, from the time tags, we know that alabaska and ice definetely can't both be scum.
alabaska wrote:Duly noted. What is it, four to lynch?
This, I don't buy. You've been around since November last year. You know we're in lylo, you know how many it is to lynch, and you know the risks a vote in lylo carries.

I've said yesterday that I think alabaska is scum. I still do. For his partner, I was torn between ogml and twiglees. Since ogml is dead, like ice said, twigs is probably alabaska's partner by elimination.

Twiglees' play reads like lurker scum. He's stayed in the background and pretty much just lurked his way into end game. He's followed the crowd, he's never actively attacked anyone, that kind of stuff.

@muffin.
Why do you get town vibes from alabaska?
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:33 pm

Post by muffinhead »

The way he reacted to being voted for.
Show

muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:49 pm

Post by muffinhead »

Ok after looking back over the last 6 pages i remember y i found alabaska sus. It was because of how desperate he was to lynch sd. I suppose you could say iceman done the same thing but alabsaka had poor reasonsing. This is the reason for voting sd.
Also, I reread SD and I really think he is scum. vote: sd.
However as i said i do get town vibes and alabaska reminds me of X in playing style.

I think lynch twig today and discuss alabaska and ting tomorrow.

@ twigles.
1- Why shouldnt we lynch you today
2- what are ur thought on ting and alabaska
Show

ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:17 pm

Post by ting =) »

@muffin.

Why do you like a twig lynch over an alabaska lynch? You've never mentioned suspicions of twig as far as I can remember.

I say we lynch alabaska.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:19 pm

Post by ting =) »

muffin wrote:i really hope ur intrenet gets better
Oh, I just saw this. I hope it gets better too. My internet says thank you. =)

--

Also, what about the way alabaska reacted?
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:58 am

Post by muffinhead »

ting =) wrote:@muffin.

Why do you like a twig lynch over an alabaska lynch? You've never mentioned suspicions of twig as far as I can remember.

I say we lynch alabaska.
Cause twigs is scum. I explained in an above post y he is scum. I have town vibes to a certain extent of everyone but him. This big thing telling me he is scum. If he is not then u and alabaska are scum partners which i highly doubt.
Also, what about the way alabaska reacted?
As i already said he has acted just as X did which is y he gives me town vibes but i still think hes scum.

So ting a question. Do you think twigs is scum and why?
Show

icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:44 am

Post by icemanE »

The thing that trips me up most is the choice of OGML for a NK. It seems out of the blue.
The part I don't understand about it is that, while OGML was not anti-town, he didn't contribute nearly as much to the game as Ting, myself, or Muffin did. They would seem to be more appropriate targets, which makes me think one of these things:

1. The scum wasn't paying much attention to the game (possibly Twigs)

2. The town hadn't picked up the right leads, and so the scum made a random choice, thinking that, if they hadn't suspected them before, why would they now? (this would apply to either Alabaska or Twigs).

3. There is a wolf in sheep's clothing, namely muffin or Ting, who made the random kill choice because neither of them were suspicious of OGML the day before, and it would therefore not bring any suspicion to them (this last possibility I doubt, but it still exists).
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:45 am

Post by icemanE »

I say we lynch alabaska.
I agree with Ting on this one, he seems like a safer bet today than Twigs, whom we know almost nothing about.
Twiglees
Twiglees
Townie
Twiglees
Townie
Townie

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:20 am

Post by Twiglees »

muffinhead wrote:Ok after looking back over the last 6 pages i remember y i found alabaska sus. It was because of how desperate he was to lynch sd. I suppose you could say iceman done the same thing but alabsaka had poor reasonsing. This is the reason for voting sd.
However as i said i do get town vibes and alabaska reminds me of X in playing style.

@ twigles.
1. Because I am town and the town would lose if you lynch me

2. ting, after a slow start, is assisting the town well. I think it is most likely that he is town. I also don't think Alabalaska is that scummy. However, I don't really have any scum reads at the moment
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:25 am

Post by icemanE »

Hmm... Twigs... how can you possibly not have any reads? This far into the game the only way I can imagine that being the case is if you already know who's scum... AKA, you'd have to be scum.
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:47 am

Post by muffinhead »

Twiglees wrote:
muffinhead wrote:Ok after looking back over the last 6 pages i remember y i found alabaska sus. It was because of how desperate he was to lynch sd. I suppose you could say iceman done the same thing but alabsaka had poor reasonsing. This is the reason for voting sd.
However as i said i do get town vibes and alabaska reminds me of X in playing style. .

@ twigles.
1. Because I am town and the town would lose if you lynch me

2. ting, after a slow start, is assisting the town well. I think it is most likely that he is town. I also don't think Alabalaska is that scummy. However, I don't really have any scum reads at the moment
What sort of answer is that. If ur town then ting and alabaska are scum. But u call them both town so I really dont understand u.
fos twiggles
. I personally want a twiggles lynch and nothing else at this stage. You will have to try convince me to go otherwise.

Also as iceman said how can u not have any suspicisions at this stage in the game?
Show

muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:50 am

Post by muffinhead »

and icemane what is with the sudden urge to lynch alabaska?
Show

Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:51 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

ting =) wrote:Alright, from the time tags, we know that alabaska and ice definetely can't both be scum.
I hate it when people use this shit. Ruins the game IMO.
ting =) wrote:
alabaska wrote:Duly noted. What is it, four to lynch?
This, I don't buy. You've been around since November last year. You know we're in lylo, you know how many it is to lynch, and you know the risks a vote in lylo carries.
No I didn't know it was lylo I'm in a bajillion or so games and I replaced into this one and lost track of what day it was how many people were playing and how many were still alive. This mistake seems a lot like nitpicking to me.
FoS: ting =)

ting =) wrote:I've said yesterday that I think alabaska is scum. I still do. For his partner, I was torn between ogml and twiglees. Since ogml is dead, like ice said, twigs is probably alabaska's partner by elimination.
Reasons please. Being involved in the SD lynch is not a reason, just so you know. That guy was extremely scummy, even if he was the doc.
ting =) wrote:Twiglees' play reads like lurker scum. He's stayed in the background and pretty much just lurked his way into end game. He's followed the crowd, he's never actively attacked anyone, that kind of stuff.
Agree with this.
FoS: Twiglees
until you give analysis on everyone including who you think is scum.
ting =) wrote:@muffin.
Why do you get town vibes from alabaska?
He already said this when you posted this. Lazy bones :P
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”