HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:13 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

lord_hur wrote:Actually, that's another thing I have against you, thanks for reminding me : you voted for Guardian while at the same time saying you didn't know if he were town or scum.
Quote please.
lord_hur wrote:But here, I was talking about day 2 :
- your only attack this day (springlullaby bussing me) is pretty weak and hard to give credit to in my opinion - though I might be biased, so if someone else could comment on this...
- your Musher333 vote was only following Mr Stoofer with no additional argument -> weak vote
- you basically voted me just because someone else was voting me (and someone you're apparently suspecting of being scum, at that), while implying that you voted just to get the game going -> weak vote
How is this non-commital?

I also wouldn't characterise my vote on you as just to get the game going or just because someone else was. I just picked you over Springlullaby for those reasons. It doesn't make you less scummy.
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:11 am

Post by undo »

Not voting:
Musher333

With 9 alive, it's
5 to lynch

Looking for a replacement for thevampireofdusseldorf...
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:37 pm

Post by lord_hur »

HackerHuck wrote:
lord_hur wrote:Actually, that's another thing I have against you, thanks for reminding me : you voted for Guardian while at the same time saying you didn't know if he were town or scum.
Quote please.
These are the two post you did after your actual vote :
HackerHuck wrote:I'm not sure if I need to repeat any of the things that everyone else has said about you Guardian. It should be obvious to you why Millers are bad news to the town. It's a crappy claim because the only way to prove it is by lynching you. Scum would never kill a miller, which means that the town has to do it at some point. The only good news is that cops won't bother wasting an investigation on you, but you pretty much blew that by crumbing cop to begin with.

Like the others, I think you forgot that I was already voting you, so my vote was more of a confirmation than anything else - hence the context.

If you're town, then I guess you did us a favor by claiming miller so we can kill you sooner rather than later, but that's small comfort.
In this one, you're only considering Guardian being town.
HackerHuck wrote:Jesters are pretty darn rare and I sure would hope that self-voting invalidates their win condition.

Guardian, I don't like how you keep trying to portray my vote on you as one that is based on your supposed millership. I had voted you prior to that and your claim has only cemented my vote. My comments were all related to how millers are bad news for the town. If you can tell me one good thing the miller does for the town, then I will admit I'm wrong (but I still won't pull my vote).

I've seen scum claim miller as often as I've seen town do it. It's not going to get you off the hook in my eyes.

I don't like how TVOD reacted by pushing the jester angle, but I'm not sure if it should be chalked up to newbishness.
In this one, Guardian was right (in my opinion) to believe you voted him for being a miller. We don't know what's in your head, but that's actually the way it appeared to me too. And you nail the "vote for townie" further by saying you won't unvote, even if he proves you you're wrong.

And to conclude this, you say metagaming couldn't tell you whether he had a greated chance to be scum or town...

HackerHuck wrote:
lord_hur wrote:But here, I was talking about day 2 :
- your only attack this day (springlullaby bussing me) is pretty weak and hard to give credit to in my opinion - though I might be biased, so if someone else could comment on this...
- your Musher333 vote was only following Mr Stoofer with no additional argument -> weak vote
- you basically voted me just because someone else was voting me (and someone you're apparently suspecting of being scum, at that), while implying that you voted just to get the game going -> weak vote
How is this non-commital?
Ah, maybe I used a wrong term. Sorry then, I just meant I think you didn't come up with any good arguments, in my eyes, during day 2, and thus that your votes are looking scummy to me.
All lurkers unite! And jump off the nearest cliff. Now.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:41 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Mr Stoofer wrote:Since lord_hur and Musher333 are the two lynch leaders at the moment, I'd like to see each of them post detailed thoughts on the other.

Thanks.
Musher333
Musher333
Goon
Musher333
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:46 pm

Post by Musher333 »

Sorry about not posting the last few days, i just got out of hospital earlier today and because of this would like to be replaced so i can shrink the amount of time i need to spend on here.

Sorry for the inconvience
Musher-scum would not be clever enough to do something like this- Strife 220
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:04 pm

Post by lord_hur »

Mr Stoofer wrote:
Mr Stoofer wrote:Since lord_hur and Musher333 are the two lynch leaders at the moment, I'd like to see each of them post detailed thoughts on the other.

Thanks.
What part of post 561 would you like me to develop ?

Also, this question makes me a bit uneasy, as it could be viewed as an attempt to restrict votes to me or Musher333, or even (though this one is more far-fetched) as an incentive for me to hammer Musher333 to save my own hide.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:26 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Prediction: this game will never be completed.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:33 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Also:
Mr Stoofer wrote:OMFG how have we not lynched Musher yet? Do you guys not understand the fact that he gave himself away, by accusing me of being scum
for defending Guardian
. That means that
he knew that Guardian was scum
. And the only way he could have known that was if he was Guardian's scum buddy.

FFS guys, can we get this game going please?
Musher333
Musher333
Goon
Musher333
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:12 am

Post by Musher333 »

Mr Stoofer wrote:Also:
Mr Stoofer wrote:OMFG how have we not lynched Musher yet? Do you guys not understand the fact that he gave himself away, by accusing me of being scum
for defending Guardian
. That means that
. And the only way he could have known that was if he was Guardian's scum buddy.

Why are you so eager to lynch me? Just thought i would stay here till i get replaced, im quite suprised that although you want to lynch me i havn't been asked to claim.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:44 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

I am eager to lynch you because (a) you are scum and (b)
this game is dying and I want it to get moving
Musher333
Musher333
Goon
Musher333
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:52 am

Post by Musher333 »

Mr Stoofer wrote:I am eager to lynch you because (a) you are scum and (b)
this game is dying and I want it to get moving
So you don't want a claim you just want to kill town to move the game on?
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:45 pm

Post by springlullaby »

Musher, if you want to claim, then claim and save us the pushing around.

Notice to town: I think hinting at powerole or making threat about claiming to put The Fear of Lynching Blue in people is greatly anti-town in this game because of the non-cardflip. Atm, there is only way to do it: vote the scummiest player.

I'm still happy with my vote but I might be tempted to hammer Musher because your are doing absolutely nothing to make me feel you are town. The only thing holding me back now is that you were that bad a townie in Nice Mafia too.

Answer these questions now, who do you suspect most and why?
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:48 pm

Post by springlullaby »

Also, hasgdfas, why are you not voting?
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:43 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

springlullaby wrote:Also, hasgdfas, why are you not voting?
Thank you for reading the vote count.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:37 pm

Post by springlullaby »

Yeah, sorry, your name is another color.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:56 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

First off, I think there's an interpretation issue. I'm not sure how literal you are being, but the only way I could be certain that Guardian is scum is if I were too. The crux of my arguments that rub you the wrong way is that I felt there was no downside to my being wrong. I've bolded the parts that support I felt Guardian was scum.
lord_hur wrote:
HackerHuck wrote:
Quote please.
These are the two post you did after your actual vote :
HackerHuck wrote:I'm not sure if I need to repeat any of the things that everyone else has said about you Guardian. It should be obvious to you why Millers are bad news to the town. It's a crappy claim because the only way to prove it is by lynching you. Scum would never kill a miller, which means that the town has to do it at some point. The only good news is that cops won't bother wasting an investigation on you, but you pretty much blew that by crumbing cop to begin with.

Like the others, I think you forgot that I was already voting you, so my vote was more of a confirmation than anything else - hence the context.

If you're town, then I guess you did us a favor by claiming miller so we can kill you sooner rather than later, but that's small comfort.
In this one, you're only considering Guardian being town.
HackerHuck wrote:Jesters are pretty darn rare and I sure would hope that self-voting invalidates their win condition.

Guardian,
I don't like how you keep trying to portray my vote on you as one that is based on your supposed millership. I had voted you prior to that and your claim has only cemented my vote.
My comments were all related to how millers are bad news for the town. If you can tell me one good thing the miller does for the town, then I will admit I'm wrong (but I still won't pull my vote).

I've seen scum claim miller as often as I've seen town do it.
It's not going to get you off the hook in my eyes.

I don't like how TVOD reacted by pushing the jester angle, but I'm not sure if it should be chalked up to newbishness.
In this one, Guardian was right (in my opinion) to believe you voted him for being a miller. We don't know what's in your head, but that's actually the way it appeared to me too. And you nail the "vote for townie" further by saying you won't unvote, even if he proves you you're wrong.
I think that saying I won't unvote even if he convinces me that a miller is not bad for the town just proves that I believe he's scum and I'm not just voting him to get rid of a miller.

I'm also not happy with Mr Stoofer's press to lynch Musher to get the game moving. Especially with a replacement, I think fresh blood might reinvigorate this game a bit and I'm certainly not buying the case on Musher. If this were a full reveal game, I would agree that a lynch is helpful, but I don't believe that to be the case here.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:37 pm

Post by lord_hur »

springlullaby wrote:Musher, if you want to claim, then claim and save us the pushing around.
Yay for even more role fishing. You basically said there that what you're hoping to get out of the "pushing around" was his role, and not to get scum lynched.

Unless you have another explanation ?

Also, I've already said that, but I will say it again : claiming is much more risky for town than in a normal game, because of the no-reveal rule. Town will NEVER (unless undo placed a special mechanism) know whether you lied or not, while scum will know your role as normal.

So, town, think twice about it.

But this is only my opinion : who, besides springlullaby, thinks Musher333 should claim and why ?
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:41 pm

Post by lord_hur »

hasdgfas wrote:
lord_hur wrote: hasdgfas is apparently only following Mr Stoofer's opinion (he gave absolutely no reason for his vote, so that's my best guess).
Hello misrepresentation. Just because I didn't explicitly state my reasoning for my vote doesn't mean I'm just following stoofer. I definitely have reasons for it, but I really want to hear some defense from Musher before I say too much.
My bad, you're right. I would so like to hear his defense too (hell, even in his broken style, at this point).
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:53 pm

Post by lord_hur »

Mr Stoofer wrote:Also:
for defending Guardian
. That means that

Btw, I have an argument against this (and this is also why I'm not voting for him), but I don't want to help him in case he's scum, so I'll not post it before he defends himself.
Musher333
Musher333
Goon
Musher333
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:53 am

Post by Musher333 »

Well one thing im thinking about is if i get replaced will they be happy (the replacement) if i have claimed, on the other hand it will help my defense if i do so here it is:

I am the Doctor, i can protect one person each night.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:55 am

Post by lord_hur »

Musher333 wrote:Well one thing im thinking about is if i get replaced will they be happy (the replacement) if i have claimed
If you're town, how can you ask yourself this question and still claim ? I know I'd be furious if I replaced a doc who gave away his role without even trying to defend himself by simply refuting the arguments used against him...

Especially after everything I said against claiming in this game ><
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:43 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Musher333 wrote:Well one thing im thinking about is if i get replaced will they be happy (the replacement) if i have claimed, on the other hand it will help my defense if i do so here it is:

I am the Doctor, i can protect one person each night.
Do you have some flavor with that?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Musher333
Musher333
Goon
Musher333
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:17 am

Post by Musher333 »

Yes sorry, the actual name given is a physician, i can protect one person each night from any curable disease and was entrusted by the pharoh.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:22 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

undo wrote:Every townie has received this standard message:
Townie Role PM wrote: Welcome to Plagues of Egypt Mafia, [player].

[illustration of role]

You are [name], a [job]. You are a simple
townie
, with no special abilities.
I believe that every role has a name
as well as a
job title.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:06 am

Post by lord_hur »

Yes, please disclose your name, it should not give additional info to scum

I'm not sure that your food type should be disclosed just yet though, as it might help them.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”