Fifth Vote Count of Day 3

darkdude (2):
Talitha, thevampireofdusseldorf
QuantumFruit (1):
windkirby
Not Voting (4):
QuantumFruit, darkdude , Akonas, Pink Puppy

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch.

tvod hasn't picked up or responded to his prod and also hasn't posted on the site for 10 days. 24 hours until I start looking for a replacement.

Everyone else pick it up a bit please :)
Moo?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 8:30 pm

Post by Talitha »

I am getting kinda frustrated at people not voting. If you're town, your vote is your main weapon.

Darkdude, if you REALLY think WK is scum, why wouldn't you vote for him?
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 9:26 am

Post by darkdude »

Oh I didn't yet?

Vote: windkirby
Pink Puppy
Pink Puppy
Goon
Pink Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 12:37 pm

Post by Pink Puppy »

I am still frustrated that we can't interrogate viking. I haven't posted that much because I was trying to decide if it was enough to lynch DD without getting any more clarification from viking.

But I think QF is scum.
QuantumFruit wrote: Also, I don't necessarily think that logic must always take precedence over gut feelings. Often, something a player says really gets under your skin and you can't exactly pinpoint it, but it's true nonetheless. Scum can easily deceive other with logic - in fact, that's how a good scum plays it...it all makes sense! Anyway, I again have to disagree with you, darkdude - though, that gives me a better understanding as to why you think I'm scummy.
This is a pathetic excuse coming from somebody who has made a big deal all game about voting only when she is sure. Now she's playing on gut? And still not voting.

I'd much rather see QF go than WK, even if he did see (The former)DD as town when the rest of us couldn't. I just don't want to go lynching people for being right that someone is town. I mean, what do you think WK was trying to do? Buddy up to a dead guy? There's no payback for that if you're scum.

vote: QF
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 1:44 pm

Post by darkdude »

Buddy up to a dead guy? There's no payback for that if you're scum.
He could be trying to set himself as a "good town" by making the right decisions.

Anyways, even if the motive is unclear I still think he was more confident than normal that I was not scum.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 1:03 pm

Post by windkirby »

Well on my (very exhausting, as QF talks a lot,) reread, I'm still suspicious of QF, though not much more. Though most of her posts were clean, I did spot some logical fallicies as well as something else that I will not mention unless requested. The main reason I won't say what I sound is because it's usually the main thing I look for when scumhunting, and if I give away this highly psychoanalytical element, there goes a lot of my scumhunting strategy. (Does it sound like I'm making this up?) At any rate, if anyone (besides QF) would like me to elaborate, I will on request.

But all in all, the main reason I'm voting for QF is that after about thirty pages, she couldn't manage to scrounge up one scummy action to vote because of, something that scum would have a trickier time doing, as they already know who all the townies are. (A possibility was that she was simply afraid of joining the DD wagon so late because she knew he would turn up town.) It seems contrived because, well, looking for scum is a townie's job, and after seven-hundred-some posts and no suspicions at all, well, it's probably an indicator that we're not dealing with a townie.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 3:05 pm

Post by darkdude »

Well I already suspected her earlier due to other additional reasons, so I guess some pressure to see who QF thinks is scummy sounds nice. Looks like my suspicions on you isn't getting anywhere regardless.

Unvote: windkirby
Vote: Quantum Fruit
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 4:30 pm

Post by Crub »

Sixth Vote Count of Day 3

QuantumFruit (3):
windkirby, Pink Puppy, darkdude
darkdude (2):
Talitha, thevampireofdusseldorf
Not Voting (4):
QuantumFruit, Akonas

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch.

I've started looking for a tvod replacement.
Moo?
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Sat May 31, 2008 2:28 am

Post by Crub »

Jenter Brolincani replaces thevampireofdusseldorf immediately
Moo?
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Sat May 31, 2008 2:50 am

Post by Jenter Brolincani »

unvote
until I have read the game.

Hi guys.
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

...this would be much simpler for me if one of you could stop making sense and act like scum. - Elmo

...So the only scum is a player with no vote, no NK and doesn't exist? - Rogue Shenanigans
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Sat May 31, 2008 4:19 am

Ho hum.

The person I want to vote, from a first read, would be Akonas. He seems to be opportunistic in spreading blame without voting, and not giving much help in terms of clear reasoning for his suspicions (or I don't find it too clear anyway).

vote Akonas

I'm not convinced you're scum or anything yet, but I do want to hear what you have to say for yourself more.

I don't find Quantum too suspicious, her posts strike me as genuine, but I guess that's gut.
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

...this would be much simpler for me if one of you could stop making sense and act like scum. - Elmo

...So the only scum is a player with no vote, no NK and doesn't exist? - Rogue Shenanigans
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Sat May 31, 2008 7:03 am

Post by Akonas »

I don't see how spreading blame without voting is opportunistic; jumping on wagons is what I'd call opportunistic. Discussion is good, even without votes. And although I'd kind of like to vote for darkdude right now, I'm not going to because we may be rather close to LoL. (ha ha hah.)

STOP VOTING FOR QUANTUMFRUIT!!!!!
. We don't want a lynch yet. and
Serious FoS: darkdude.
I'm about to vote you for going to Lynch-1 on an "enh" vote. Actually,
Vote: darkdude
. I've thought you were scum; you're only convincing me more. And it's only the second vote.
because your brain affects your guts (and vice versa).
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Sat May 31, 2008 7:10 am

Post by Akonas »

Pink Puppy wrote:[snip]
This is a pathetic excuse coming from somebody who has made a big deal all game about voting only when she is sure. Now she's playing on gut? And still not voting.
Two problems here:
  1. You're discounting gut, which is one of the most important things in the game; indeed, being "sure" comes from gut feelings more often than not.
  2. You're encouraging QF to vote. This seems like bad play on your part. We're close to LoL, if not in it already. And you're encouraging getting to lynching rather than discussion who we think is scum?
You're starting to look like scum to me.
PinkPuppy wrote:I'd much rather see QF go than WK, even if he did see (The former)DD as town when the rest of us couldn't. I just don't want to go lynching people for being right that someone is town. I mean, what do you think WK was trying to do? Buddy up to a dead guy? There's no payback for that if you're scum.

Sorry? I didn't quite get this; could you explain it better?
because your brain affects your guts (and vice versa).
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Sat May 31, 2008 9:32 am

I don't see how spreading blame without voting is opportunistic
In which case you need a lobotomy.
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Sat May 31, 2008 10:30 am

Post by darkdude »

I don't see how spreading blame without voting is opportunistic; jumping on wagons is what I'd call opportunistic.
Hey, I was (in my former life) criticized by you guys for that, and now you suddenly had a change of mind? Hm...
STOP VOTING FOR QUANTUMFRUIT!!!!!. We don't want a lynch yet. and Serious FoS: darkdude. I'm about to vote you for going to Lynch-1 on an "enh" vote. Actually, Vote: darkdude. I've thought you were scum; you're only convincing me more. And it's only the second vote.
Wow, that seems scummy. "stop voting for XXXX" = ???
"we don't want a lynch" = "put darkdude at -1"????
"second vote" = ???

You contradict yourself and come up with crappy excuses. Plus you seem overzealous in defending QF when obviously she's not contributing to any scum hunting, and has shown possible slips before.

Didn't someone make a case with QF + Akonas before? I'll see if I can find it... It was something about the fact that they interact weirdly.
Pink Puppy
Pink Puppy
Goon
Pink Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:31 am

Post by Pink Puppy »

Akonas wrote:I don't see how spreading blame without voting is opportunistic; jumping on wagons is what I'd call opportunistic. Discussion is good, even without votes. And although I'd kind of like to vote for darkdude right now, I'm not going to because we may be rather close to LoL. (ha ha hah.)

STOP VOTING FOR QUANTUMFRUIT!!!!!. We don't want a lynch yet. and Serious FoS: darkdude. I'm about to vote you for going to Lynch-1 on an "enh" vote. Actually, Vote: darkdude. I've thought you were scum; you're only convincing me more. And it's only the second vote.
The day has already gone on for a month. It's not exactly like we are quicklynching anyone here.

If you want more discussion, then why aren't you posting more? This game day you have posted 8 times (two of which are today, IRL).

And in one of your posts, you FOS QF. So why are you so against QF lynch now?

AND... VoD put a third vote on someone (was it viking?) at the beginning of the day, but you didn't seem upset about that even though it was much earlier in the day. Double standard much? Perhaps that's because you wanted viking dead too?
Akonas wrote:
Pink Puppy wrote:[snip]
Two problems here:
  1. You're discounting gut, which is one of the most important things in the game; indeed, being "sure" comes from gut feelings more often than not.
Actually, I am not discounting gut. I am saying I don't think it makes sense with the rest of her play here. She has insisted about being "sure" about people, and not wanting to make hasty decisions. For someone who wants to be careful, it seems ridiculous to suddenly start relying on gut.
akonas wrote:[*]You're encouraging QF to vote. This seems like bad play on your part. We're close to LoL, if not in it already. And you're encouraging getting to lynching rather than discussion who we think is scum?
Guess what? Voting =/= not discussing.

Voting can help discussion. And nothing has been happening. So if voting will get people to actually pay more attention to this game, or get their interest back, then yeah, I think voting is the way to go.

I said it would be good of QF to vote. I didn't say we should lynch someone right now, or that we should stop discussion. So don't pretend that I did.
Akonas wrote:[/list]You're starting to look like scum to me.
PinkPuppy wrote:I'd much rather see QF go than WK, even if he did see (The former)DD as town when the rest of us couldn't. I just don't want to go lynching people for being right that someone is town. I mean, what do you think WK was trying to do? Buddy up to a dead guy? There's no payback for that if you're scum.

Sorry? I didn't quite get this; could you explain it better?
I find QF much scummier than WK. The main case against WK is that he didn't want to lynch darkdude yesterday. Sort of like he knew DD was town. Which implies he's scum trying to look like town. I was saying how I don't really buy that line of thinking. I don't want to lynch people because they look too townie.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:05 am

Post by darkdude »

I don't want to lynch people because they look too townie.
Again, it's not being too townie. It's being somehow able to tell I was formerly a townie before my death with full confidence.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:33 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Well, I got lazy there classifying it as too townie because I feel like it's really similar. If someone thinks you're town and tries to stop your lynch (which is a good thing), I don't want to assume that's scummy. For the most part, scum are gonna want to lynch someone easy, not save you to look pro-town. That's just how I feel.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Pink Puppy
Pink Puppy
Goon
Pink Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:33 am

Post by Pink Puppy »

Damn alts.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:38 am

Post by darkdude »

For the most part, scum are gonna want to lynch someone easy, not save you to look pro-town. That's just how I feel.
The thing is that I was definitely going to be lynched anyways....

Now that I think of it, when Akonas pulled the similar stunt earlier it could have been the same situation...
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by windkirby »

darkdude wrote:
I don't want to lynch people because they look too townie.
Again, it's not being too townie. It's being somehow able to tell I was formerly a townie before my death with full confidence.
Stop misunderstanding what I was doing: I have fully explained myself several times now! I was not against your lynch, but in the unexplained, unjustified manner in which it was occurring! My message was not, "don't lynch darkdude" it was "explain why we're lynching darkdude." I was pretty sure it was going to happen, but I was becoming suspicious of people on the bandwagon because the lack of solid reasoning as to why you stood out as scummy more than the other players.

Furthermore, if I was confident, it's because as a vanilla, I have nothing to loose by questioning what I feel is questionable. I figured that even if it turned out that you were scum, making me look scummy, I didn't care so much because, since I know I'm not scum, looking suspicious is not a huge concern for me.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by darkdude »

Furthermore, if I was confident, it's because as a vanilla, I have nothing to loose by questioning what I feel is questionable. I figured that even if it turned out that you were scum, making me look scummy, I didn't care so much because, since I know I'm not scum, looking suspicious is not a huge concern for me.
???

You said you became suspicious of people on the wagon. Okay, if I were to be lynched anyways, then half the town would be suspicious. The obvious impracticality of your implication makes your statement suspicious. Also, did you claim already? If not I do not see the reason for your coming out with a vanilla role right now.
I didn't care so much because, since I know I'm not scum, looking suspicious is not a huge concern for me.
Not very logical at all.....
QuantumFruit
QuantumFruit
Goon
QuantumFruit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:36 pm

Post by QuantumFruit »

@darkdude: What do you mean "she's obviously not scum-hunting"?? I am. You're really difficult for me to get a read on.

I have a gut feeling about Akonas, I have this whole time...ah, what the heck, let's see what happens...

Vote QF, vote already!

Vote: Akonas
. (Sorry dear, nothing personal, but I feel like you're sucking up to me to cover your bum. Which is exactly what Cephrir did.)

Problem with going off of gut feelings is that I don't trust them.

@PinkPuppy: I'm not relying only on gut. To be "sure," I need to have gut and logic coincide. My view of darkdude was supported by logic, not gut; my view of Akonas was supported by gut, not logic. I don't trust my logic with darkdude because it's hard for me to get a read on him. I'm especially mixed now because he's playing as vikingfan's role and I have to separate the two.

And actually, you are discounting gut because you're implying that one can't be sure with gut, but can with logic.

@darkdude:
darkdude wrote: You said you became suspicious of people on the wagon.
You said this to windkirby, I know - anyway, it's quite likely that someone would be suspicious of individuals opportunistically band-wagoning. I don't see how that makes him scummy. Elaborate please.
Show
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by
madness, starving hysterical naked...

--

Town: 0-0
Scum: 1-0
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:13 pm

Post by darkdude »

You said this to windkirby, I know - anyway, it's quite likely that someone would be suspicious of individuals opportunistically band-wagoning. I don't see how that makes him scummy. Elaborate please.
He said
and I'm becoming increasingly suspicious of
anyone
on it.
Which simply makes no sense and seems he was confident enough to antagonize everyone who voted for me.

Of course he did not follow through with this by FOSing everyone today, and I don't see how it would be logically possible. But then the question is, why did he say the above statement?
Problem with going off of gut feelings is that I don't trust them.
Yes, and thus it has priority over logic?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:15 pm

Post by Talitha »

EK..uh,
PP
is making some sense to me...

But, (and I may be biased because she was nice to me earlier in the game) I'm just not feeling the QF vote. I seem to be able to sense scum females better than I can sense scum males, and here i'm just not. Also (and this is crap reasoning but that's how my mind works sometimes) if my bf was playing in this game and I was scum, I totally would have killed him by now, kinda like how I killed mith at thespival because he was sitting too close to me on the couch.

QF: If you were scum, would you kill Akonas a) early b) if necessary c) never ?
Akonas: If you were scum, would you kill QF a) early b) if necessary c) never ?

I'm nearly ready to change my vote to Akonas just because QF voted for him.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”