Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 9:59 am

Post by Guardian »

I thought my theory was pretty logical, but I don't really object to you voting him; I doubt greatly Yos & eldred are scum together and it seems not unlikely that one of you is scum.

eldarad you answered 2/3 of my points swimmingly, but if you could go back and look at why you found RS townie and explain that it would be great.

Also: anticipation:
Zindaras and I will likely merge in the new future and two-head this game. After he saw he'd been replaced he just didn't want to leave :). I even already made an account for it, just Ether needs to announce it I think ;P.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 10:00 am

Post by Guardian »

Although, yos, what about say, any three of andy, Y, Skruffs, hasdgfas. Would that not be a possible group?

Skruffs and Y and hasd both seem pretty town to me though :P.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 10:01 am

Post by Guardian »

both is the wrong word there but you know what I mean. I added hasd; he seems the least town of those three.
Do not lynch me.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 10:05 am

Post by Ether »

Day 4, Votecount 3 wrote:8 Unvote (Andycyca, eldarad, hasdgfas, Mizzy, Skruffs, Tiger Twins, Y, Yosarian2)

8 alive; 5 to lynch.
Guardian introduces himself to the rest of you, makes a few accusations, you know. Just as he's settled in, a voice yowls, "WAIT!" Zindaras, the
trained
catboy runs up to Guardian and hands him a headband with cat ears. "You forgot these--they're standard issue. Put them on."

Guardian throws an embarrassed smile in your direction and puts the headband on. Zindaras hisses, "Really, if I didn't believe in Felinus Maximus's abilities and awesome charisma, I'd think you weren't a kultist at all. Let's see, try chasing this flashlight." Guardian bats at it; he seems perfectly enthusiastic to you human and werewolf onlookers, but Zindaras just gives him a pained look.

"Didn't you have a boat to catch?" Guardian asks.

"Eh, I hate water, and anyway, I'm sure I've missed it by now."

"I don't care, and no, it hasn't left yet. And I wasn't bluffing about the agents in Caret. We have plenty: Skruffs,
Cow...
Andy...
"

Guardian looks at each of their heads in turn, but the crown, cowboy hat and Carmen Miranda hat are gone.

Zindaras says, "
You
can take me to Macron if we get out of this, Guardian. For now, we're gonna need to brush up on
your
indoctrination."

Tiger Twins (Guardian + Zindaras) replaces Guardian.
Last edited by Ether on Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 10:16 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Guardian wrote: Although, yos, what about say, any three of andy, Y, Skruffs, hasdgfas. Would that not be a possible group?

Skruffs and Y and hasd both seem pretty town to me though
Eh. I'm basically assuming Skruffs is town at this point; he was the first person to mention items, which has since been verified by others, and his claim just makes a lot of sense and seems to be both strong and to not fit what I would expect a scum to claim in a lynch or lose situation (I mean, he basically just came out and claimed an innocent on the guy he'd been trying hardest to attack for most of the game; not at all the kind of fake-claim I'd expect a scum to make here). Combined with the fact he hasn't really seemed scummy to me all game, I'd be very, very surprised if Skruffs flips scum.

An Andy, hasdgfas, Y group is theoretically possible, though, you're right about that. I do see a farly strong link between Andy and Eldred though; and like you point out, Eldred just looks scummier then either hasdgfas or Y. I guess I just think that either (Eldred, Andy, Y) or (Eldred, Andy, hasdgfas) are more likely. Although I guess I wouldn't be opposed to a Andy lynch today, but Eldred still seems even scummier to me; most of my suspicion on Andy comes from the link with Eldred and from process of elimination more then anything else.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 10:17 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Lol. Neat. Welcome back, Zindy. :)
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 1:31 pm

Post by Mizzy »

*Gasps* But I am a Tiggy too!

In any case, just so everyone knows how I feel about folks, here's a quick rundown:

Andycyca:
Two hammers, one scummy, one I feel I can't judge because I thought the guy he hammered was scum. He gets a score of 6 out of 10 scumpoints.

eldarad:
It might be partial OMGUS, but I do feel like his attacks might have been a little too over the top to be genuine. 6 out of 10 scumpoints.

hasdgfas:
I'm neutral on the cow, in part because my stealthy item use on him didn't turn up anything incriminating, but also because he just hadn't made much of an impression on me during this game. He seems kind of wall-flower-ish. 5 out of 10 scumpoints.

Skruffs:
I feel Skruffs is just about as confirmed town as we can get right now.

Tiger Twins:
Zindy is also just about as confirmed town as we can get right now.

Y:
I'm going to have to do a bit of a re-read on Y during this game to get a better feel because some of his impressions from another game are leaking through to this one. I'll get back to you on him.

Yosarian2:
Obvtown. Nuff said.
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 4:04 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Yos: You find a two man scum group "pretty unlikely", but your form of scum hunting makes your chances of being right 0% if there is one. Why are you willing to take that risk? I've *NEVER* seen you hunt scum like that as town.

I think your form of scum hunting (IE: it's one big logic puzzle) completely plays into the hands of any scum who have been, oh, say, buddying up to towns or bussing from others through the entire game.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 4:06 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Mizzy: Why is Yos obvtown?
Why do you need ot get a better feel on Y? He was a major part of yesterday's discussions.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 5:11 pm

Post by Mizzy »

Skruffs wrote:Mizzy: Why is Yos obvtown?
Why do you need ot get a better feel on Y? He was a major part of yesterday's discussions.
Yos has been playing like pure town all game. He's been validly scumhunting, and he has been advocating all pro-town moves. I'd bet my right boob that he's pro-town at this point, and considering how much I need said boob these days, that should say something.
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 9:24 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Skruffs wrote:Yos: You find a two man scum group "pretty unlikely", but your form of scum hunting makes your chances of being right 0% if there is one. Why are you willing to take that risk? I've *NEVER* seen you hunt scum like that as town.
I think there's a very high chance there's a 3 man scumgroup. The odds of there being only 2 bad guys in a non-mountanous mini game seen quite small to me, as do the odds that there's 2 killing scum groups considering the low number of kills we've had so far. I'd say there's probably something like a 95% or better chance that there's a 3 man scum group here. Nothing is ever completly certain in mafia; you take the best theory you can get and run with it.

Besides, I certanly wouldn't say that "my chances of being right are 0% if there is a two man scum group". My chances of being right are lower if I'm wrong about there being a 3 man scum group, to be sure, but even if by some bizzare setup twist there was only 2 scum, that certanly wouldn't mean there's a 0% chance eldred is scum.

And I do think that this kind of analysis is always useful to do in a situation where you basically have a large % of scum in a fairly small pool of suspects. If you haven't seen me do this before (and you might not have; I can't really remember when I've actually done it personally, though I've seen it be effectve before), it's just because it's a situation that dosn't come up that often.
I think your form of scum hunting (IE: it's one big logic puzzle) completely plays into the hands of any scum who have been, oh, say, buddying up to towns or bussing from others through the entire game.
Well, you've got to take the possbility of distancing/bussing/ect into account, sure. If you read carefully, though, you can at least sometimes come to the conclusion that distancing/bussing is very unlikely in specific cases.
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 10:52 pm

Post by Y »

I'm sorry, didn't have much time in the last couple of days.

Andy hammered in a really scummy way. Twice. Two townies. As much as it may seem that no scum would be so blatant, some times they just are. Besides that, he did mostly nothing this game and lurked most of the time.

Mizzy and Yos seem too close to be completely unrelated. If I knew for sure that one of them is scum, I'd bet on the other to be too.

It seems weird to me that Skruffs decided to check Zindaras and not me, after I really voiced my suspicions against him. It could be me having trouble believing my mains suspect is mostly confirmed.

I don't know about Cow... I can't really remember anything he did.

eldarad seems weird to me. He protected RS, who was in fact town, but it seems like his reason was more "I know he's town" than "I don't think he's scum".

So, to your question, Yos:
I believe either a Yos-Mizzy-Andy or an Andy-eldarad-Cow is a plausible option. I'd say Skruffs, but that's probably me not letting it go...
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Sat May 31, 2008 1:24 am

Post by eldarad »

OK. Time to show my hand...
one half of the tiger twins wrote:eldarad you answered 2/3 of my points swimmingly, but if you could go back and look at why you found RS townie and explain that it would be great.
I didn't explain it Yesterday for a reason. And, as I said in response to you, in the absence of pressure I saw no reason to explain it Today.
But there are several people now who are voicing suspicion, and I will be in Rome for most of next week so I won't be able to respond if a wagon suddenly appears in my absence.
Y wrote:eldarad seems weird to me. He protected RS, who was in fact town, but it seems like his reason was more "I know he's town" than "I don't think he's scum".
Exactly right.

On Night 2 I received a 'moonshine' - basically a one-shot cop.
It allowed me to identify a werewolf. RS is not a werewolf. Although I don't know who - if anyone - gave the item to me, or even whether the scum are werewolves (if they are not, then the item is basically useless.)

Given that on Day 3 I saw Yos make an unsubstantial case on someone I had reason to believe was a townie, I intervened.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Sat May 31, 2008 1:47 am

Post by Mizzy »

eldarad wrote:On Night 2 I received a 'moonshine' - basically a one-shot cop. It allowed me to identify a werewolf. RS is not a werewolf. Although I don't know who - if anyone - gave the item to me, or even whether the scum are werewolves (if they are not, then the item is basically useless.)
Okay, now I'm pissed. If you had this information that RS was probably not the scum then why didn't you come forward with it BEFORE we lynched him?

FoS: eldarad

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Sat May 31, 2008 3:18 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Agreed. What the hell, eldred? There's absoltuly no reason for a pro-town person to not share that kind of information.
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Sat May 31, 2008 5:14 am

Post by eldarad »

erm...I was very outspoken Yesterday, and I spoke in pretty clear terms except when the people I believe to be scum were pushing for more info.
Everyone else seemed puzzled as to why I was so sure, but they didn't force the issue.

As to why I just didn't claim, there are so many variables here that I don't know or understand that stepping forward seemed like a bad idea:

Where are the items coming from? Is it from the mod? From a player? If a player, does the 'giver' role rotate from Night to Night? Would I end up accidentally revealing the 'item giver' if they were forced to confirm that, yes, they did give me an item?
Are the scum even werewolves? Did the scum give me the item so that I'd come forward having used a useless item to 'clear' someone? Did Ether give me a useless item to mess with the players' heads?
(It's only when Skruffs mentioned that he had wolfsbane that I was fairly sure that the moonshine I had got had a reasonable chance of detecting scum)

Since I've said this much, I may as well also reveal that I received a second item last Night, called a 'statistic.' It told me how many people currently had 'supplies'.
Do people want to hear the result of that? It wasn't that useful, I thought.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Sat May 31, 2008 8:56 am

Post by Skruffs »

Eldarad, why do you need to know who gave you the moonshine before you can use the results of your investigation to clear someone? Wouldn't it be better to out the information, considering you are only a ONE SHOT cop, and thus even if you were killed for clearing RS, you would A) lower the chances of a mislynch and B) the giver would be 'protected' for another night?

Also, I received my item last night. For you to receive a "statistic" last night, means there are two 'givers'.
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Sat May 31, 2008 10:47 am

Post by eldarad »

Skruffs wrote:Eldarad, why do you need to know who gave you the moonshine before you can use the results of your investigation to clear someone? Wouldn't it be better to out the information, considering you are only a ONE SHOT cop, and thus even if you were killed for clearing RS, you would A) lower the chances of a mislynch and B) the giver would be 'protected' for another night?
I don't want to clear someone who isn't really 'clear' - in the sense that the moonshine detects
werewolves
. Whilst I'm fairly sure that it is the same thing, the moonshine doesn't detect
scum
Plus, in your scenario, things still don't necessarily turn out well.
If I claimed to be cop, I'd be NK'ed, show up in the Night message as a villager and so my 'innocent' on RS looks really odd.
If I claimed to be a one-shot cop, it's not obvious that I would be NK'ed as a one-shot cop who has used his shot is a VT. And I wouldn't even be confirmed until either me or RS died. Which, since the scum have no incentive to kill either of us (since it clears the other), could drag on for a while.
Also, I received my item last night. For you to receive a "statistic" last night, means there are two 'givers'.
That strikes me as the most likely scenario, yes.
There were five people who had supplies at the beginning of the Night. Since there have only been 3 Nights, if we assume that the 'giver' can give one item per night, there has to be at least two of them. But then I have no reason to even make that assumption - it's just a guess.
Or else the items are distributed by the mod, in which case the whole point is moot.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Sat May 31, 2008 11:08 am

Post by Skruffs »

But you were defending him because you thought he was cleared. And instead of pushing htat, you were trying to find out who gave it to you, instead??
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Sat May 31, 2008 11:17 am

Post by eldarad »

Skruffs wrote:But you were defending him because you thought he was cleared. And instead of pushing htat, you were trying to find out who gave it to you, instead??
No. I didn't want to find out who it came from, I just wasn't sure of where it came from and, therefore, how much I could trust it.

This was my issue - it was an all-or-nothing thing. I either came out and watch the sky come down around our ears and hope it would turn out alright, or I could keep quiet and just make it obvious that I didn't like the RS wagon.
I chose the second option.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Sat May 31, 2008 11:20 am

Post by Skruffs »

How would the sky come down?
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Sat May 31, 2008 11:48 am

Post by eldarad »

Skruffs wrote:How would the sky come down?
Not literally :wink:

I just figured there was so much that I didn't know (...a little knowledge is a dangerous thing) and I didn't want to take such a big risk unilaterally.
And I do think it was a big risk...post 1015 is just a sample of the stuff I was trying to work through in deciding what to do.

The fact that the only person trying to force the issue was Yos also made me think twice.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Sat May 31, 2008 2:04 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

eldarad wrote: Plus, in your scenario, things still don't necessarily turn out well.
If I claimed to be cop, I'd be NK'ed, show up in the Night message as a villager and so my 'innocent' on RS looks really odd.
If I claimed to be a one-shot cop, it's not obvious that I would be NK'ed as a one-shot cop who has used his shot is a VT. And I wouldn't even be confirmed until either me or RS died. Which, since the scum have no incentive to kill either of us (since it clears the other), could drag on for a while.
That is crap. Why would you claim cop or one-shot cop when all that happened was you received an item to give you an investigation?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Tiger Twins
Tiger Twins
Townie
Tiger Twins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Sat May 31, 2008 2:10 pm

Post by Tiger Twins »

Eldarad, your claimed item receiving does not mesh with how you played.

If you got an item at night, something which presumably would have *nothing at all* do to with your role, and you target Rotten Snitch, and learn that he is not werewolf, and then much more likely to be town, then *you claim that*.

Why did you not claim it and prevent a mislynch? This whole item thing seems like whenever you get information from an item there is no drawback to claiming it. If you had claimed this yesterday/(two days ago) you likely could have prevented RS from being lynched -- a player that was pretty confirmed town to you. Why would you not do that? What, at all, was the drawback?

I now am very suspicious of you.

~Guardian
Friendly, Furry, and Ferocious!
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Sat May 31, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by Mizzy »

eldarad wrote:This was my issue - it was an all-or-nothing thing. I either came out and watch the sky come down around our ears and hope it would turn out alright, or I could keep quiet and just make it obvious that I didn't like the RS wagon.
I chose the second option.
You chose the second option which had already been proved BY ME that it wouldn't work? Sure, I didn't have an item backing me up and all I had was some town tells and instinct about Capri, but I did the same thing you tried and it didn't work. You should have known better.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”