Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 11:16 am

Post by the silent speaker »

Vote count
:

Primate: 3 (DestroyerOfTheSky, Mr Stoofer, KingPin)
mneme: 2 (Johoohno, mathcam)
Mr Stoofer: 2 (The Fonz, Primate)
TheSweatpantsNinja: 1 (Massive)
Johoohno: 1 (Primate)

Not voting, but can
: mneme, TheSweatpantsNinja

Additionally,
there is now a DEADLINE
of eight days from the minute of this post (one week, plus the Sabbath I won't be online anyway). I remind you all to review the rules for a lynch at deadline.
Last edited by the silent speaker on Sat May 31, 2008 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 12:18 pm

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

massive wrote: TSN: That's an impossible question to answer. You didn't reveal any information. You didn't, necessarily, contribute to the town NOT lynching Primate. It's hard to imagine what your goal was, so it's impossible to judge if you failed in that regard.
Way to dodge the question. We were discussing the likelihood of the accuracy of his claim, and it was notable that part of it didn't make sense, and I had information that potentially cleared that up. I think it would have been tremendously anti-town to not reveal that information, especially while I didn't have to reveal anything else.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 5:12 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

Everybody list 3 people you’d be willing to lynch. Reasons are welcome, but promptness more so. (Primate, you can list 6 :roll:)

[Isn’t mathcam currently voting mneme?]
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 9:00 pm

Johoohno
DOTS
Primate (I guess)

Moving past mneme, johoohno has been coasting through the game. He's asking questions, but he hasn't come up with many conclusions. Seems to me that he's sliding through the day, and without another particularly good choice.

DOTS is useless/absent/kinda scummy. Rather see him replaced, but we could do worse.
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h
Pronoun: He

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 11:28 pm

Post by Johoohno »

Mneme
DotS
Primate (only if to avoid a no-lynch, I prefer the other two)
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat May 31, 2008 3:42 am

Post by mathcam »

I am indeed voting Mneme.

Mneme
Primate
DotS

...probably in that order.

Cam
DestroyeroftheSky
DestroyeroftheSky
Townie
DestroyeroftheSky
Townie
Townie

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:12 am

Post by DestroyeroftheSky »

Holy crap.

Expect me to be caught up in 24 hours.

Did I say earlier that I thought at least one of Primate or Stoofer was scum?
sky sky sky die die die
DestroyeroftheSky
DestroyeroftheSky
Townie
DestroyeroftheSky
Townie
Townie

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:57 am

Post by DestroyeroftheSky »

Primate wrote:Wrong way round, sorry, it was Emp -> Fonz, Stoof - > mneme.
If Primate and my first choice went through, he's probably lying - Greasy Spot should have lived. If Primate and my secondary choice went through, then mneme could be scum.

If Stoofer were still around, I'd like to see another game where he's taken the stance he has here on claims (268).

I think TSN is town.

I thought Emp's case on KingPin in 358 was compelling. I can see where KingPin may have been coming from, but it seems all backwards.

Once I finish my read I'll comment on Primate's claim, massclaim and anything else I think needs to be added. I've got the latter half of page 15 and all of 16 left to read, which I'll get to after dinner.

On that note, I really wish more people were a little more succinct in their posts. I'm pretty sure I just read a few hundred more words than was really necessary. >.>

Also, why have I been listed as a candidate for lynch? I find this odd, since no one has actually been voting for me for ages.
sky sky sky die die die
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:40 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

I'm back guys, and I'm really disappointed to see that there has been no real progress towards a lynch while I was away.

17 pages for Day 1 in a Mini game is just silly and there are clear signs that the Town is suffering from information overload. With evreyone going round in circles for weeks and weeks and weeks, it is possible to construct a case against anyone. For example, mneme attacked me for putting someone at L-1 without mentioning that fact. It was inevitable that if the game went on for long enough he would do exactly that... Does the fact that he did it mean that he must be scum? Of course not (though it does show how silly his criticism of me was). It just shows that if we chase our tails for long enough we will
all
make a "slip" which can be used as evidence of scumminess.

What we do have, though, is a player who gave a vote away to another player early in the game, when he can have had no way of knowing that player's alignment
unless he was scum
. No pro-town player would give a vote away to another player without any clue as to their alignment. And then he goes to ground when close to a lynch, thereby escaping further scrutiny. So please can we lynch Primate now? Or anyone? Please?
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:40 am

Post by EmpTyger »

Stoofer:
Maybe instead of hypocritically whining about how the town has made no progress towards a lynch after 17 pages (I’d ask where’s your protown effort has been, but don’t bother answering- we don’t have the luxury of allowing you to stall), you could, you know, do the protown thing and not completely ignore my very effort to progress towards a lynch. So, again:
EmpTyger [402] wrote:Everybody list 3 people you’d be willing to lynch. Reasons are welcome, but promptness more so.
<snip>
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:57 am

Post by massive »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Way to dodge the question. We were discussing the likelihood of the accuracy of his claim, and it was notable that part of it didn't make sense, and I had information that potentially cleared that up. I think it would have been tremendously anti-town to not reveal that information, especially while I didn't have to reveal anything else.
It's not dodging the question. You asked if I thought revealing the information was a bad idea -- I responded by saying that you didn't ACTUALLY reveal any information, nor did you "potentially clear up" the accuracy of Primate's claim. The additional fact that it makes Primate neither "more likely to be scum" nor "more likely to be town" is also unhelpful. You saying "it would have been tremendously anti-town" to keep silent is, I think, a little overboard.

I would have revealed the information (in total) if I thought Primate was town and I thought the information would prevent his lynch. Did you think Primate was town? Did you think the information would prevent his lynch? Or were you merely answering EmpTyger's question about explaining your unvote?

I'm willing to lynch Primate, TSN, and ... ??? I should have voted Primate a long time ago, but keep getting distracted by this TSN stuff.

unvote, vote Primate
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:59 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

To be perfectly honest I just want a lynch and I will certainly move my vote as necessary so as to ensure that.

I had to limit it to 3, I'd say
Primate
followed at a distance by
EmpTyger
and
mneme
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:00 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

EBWOP: delete "just".
KingPin
KingPin
Goon
KingPin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:05 am

Post by KingPin »

Primate
Stoofer
My top two, and I am not sure about a third on D-1.

Emp, your list?
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:28 am

Post by mathcam »

Unvote, Vote: Primate.

I make that 5.

Cam
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:39 am

Post by Johoohno »

mathcam, why the change of vote?
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:51 am

Post by EmpTyger »

No one else vote Primate just yet; there is still work to be done today. For reference: someone will be lynched at deadline with 4 votes out of 6 cast or 5 votes out of 7 cast.

DotS was supposedly going to after dinner.
Fonz is V/LA until tomorrow.
mneme will presumably be back from his weekend absence sometime today.
Primate is a lost cause.

massive/KingPin:
My request for a list weren’t just a blah-de-blah “who are you suspicious of” conversation starter. Everyone has had plenty of time to say their piece. (Which is not to imply that there aren’t plenty of analyzable things in this most recent page. Because there are, and when everyone has listed I’ll get to them.) Rather, the town has been deadlocked, and we need to know who exactly people are willing to *vote* other than their top suspect, because as things stood, we wouldn’t have a lynch at deadline.

So, my list is meaningless, because I don’t have a vote. I can’t do anything directly to help obtain a majority before deadline. (Yes, it would list who I’m suspicious of, but we don’t have the time to rehash what’s already plain to read in-thread.)

Now, your lists indicate that there are only 2 people you’d be willing to lynch, out of the max 3 I asked for. Temporarily assume that Primate and Stoofer or Primate and TSN are unlynchable for whatever reason. Would you be no-lynching in that situation? If not, name a third player.
KingPin
KingPin
Goon
KingPin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:20 am

Post by KingPin »

EmpTyger wrote:Now, your lists indicate that there are only 2 people you’d be willing to lynch, out of the max 3 I asked for. Temporarily assume that Primate and Stoofer or Primate and TSN are unlynchable for whatever reason. Would you be no-lynching in that situation? If not, name a third player.
No, and no.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:51 am

Post by mneme »

Am around.

Stoofer
Primate
Dits (that last post "why am I a candiate? Nobody's voting for me" was actually pretty scummy).
Did I say too much?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:54 am

Post by massive »

Sorry, my list was in my original post and I must have backspaced over it to vote. Primate, TSN, Stoofer, so really I guess if I'm imaging that none of those three are lynchable, um, everyone else?
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:37 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

mneme wrote:Am around.
Why aren't you voting then?
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:41 am

People that aren't on leading wagons (like me) should probably unvote, considering deadline rules.

So,
Unvote.

Continue to consider me voting johoohno, but its clear no one else is interested in pursuing him.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:26 am

Post by mneme »

I'm not interested in actively pursueing a deadline lynch. Real lynch >>> Deadlne lynch, in terms of info gained. Can always have a mass jump-off on June 6-7 if we really -need- to, though really, mass chage of vote is far superior.

Stoof: Sleepy, mostly. And while my instinct is to always have a vote on somewhere, that's not always actually a good idea.

vote: DestroyeroftheSky

Worst non-defense evah.
Did I say too much?
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:41 am

Post by Johoohno »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:People that aren't on leading wagons (like me) should probably unvote, considering deadline rules.

So,
Unvote.

Continue to consider me voting johoohno, but its clear no one else is interested in pursuing him.
You weren't voting before you know ...
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:04 am

Post by The Fonz »

That V/LA notice was actually an old one I hadn't gotten round to removing, Emp.

My list right now would look like this:

Stoof

massive

Probably mathcam (to be honest, the third slot is a bit of a crapshoot imho, but I'm not sure I like math's subtle defence of Stoof, so he fits as a possible buddy).

Again, still strongly prefer the stoof lynch.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”