Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2050 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 8:32 pm

Post by Muerrto »

Hehe I'd have killed Mac. No way Kison would try to watch me after my claim but Mac can block my kill.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2051 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 1:49 am

Post by Battle Mage »

dahill1 wrote:
Vote Count

(4) Elvis: (Kison, Armlx, Macavenger, Muerrto)

(3) Not voting: (Erg0, Kison, DGB)

With 7 of you alive, 4 votes are still required to lynch.
Lynch!
The town had considered that only 2 suspected of cultists remained. Both Kison and Elvis had points against them, but eventually the threat of a Roleblocking Cult Member was too much to resist.

Elvis Knits - Earth Roleblocker, Thrown off the Ferris Wheel, Day 4

Was that the end? A quick look round answered the question. Battle Mage hobbled over (he had been hit by a spontaneous hurricane on his way to the scene), with a trophy, which signified that the town had won.

As Macavenger stepped boldly forward to claim the prize, Kison unmasked himself, and thrust a surgical needle into him, giving him a lethal injection.

Macavenger - Jailkeeper, Victorious!

Armlx and Erg0 saw what Kison had done, and realised that perhaps the game wasn't over. Maybe the Cults had one more trick up their sleeve. They both overpowered Kison, and stole the trophy from his grasp, subsequently pushing him onto the conveniently located motorway, where he was subsequently hit by a Mini Cooper.

Muerrto and DGB looked on in awe at the conflict which had occured, and decided that, if those guys couldnt decide on who should keep the trophy-they would have to take it themselves. DGB ran at Muerrto with a thermometer, which he quickly sidestepped, and DGB plummetted off a conveniently located cliff.

DrippingGoofBall - Temperature Cop, Victorious!

Meanwhile, Kison had survived his car crash, and was soon back with another nefarious plot to steal the trophy. He followed the conveniently positioned signposts and ran into Muerrto's basement, and unfortunately, fell right into the trap. Tick Tock, Tick Tock. Yep that's right, Kison was crushed by a falling Grandfather Clock.

Kison - Watcher, Victorious!

Only 3 remained, and Muerrto knew he was outnumbered. Armlx and Erg0 looked on with glee, and after a lengthy, and highly over-acted swordfight, Muerrto managed to spot the hole in their story. They hadn't been masons atall-they had been Lovers.

And, as Armlx was about to be stabbed by the Samurai blade, sure enough Erg0 dived in the way. Lover Kebab anyone?

Erg0 - Lover, Victorious!
Armlx - Lover, Victorious!

And that left Muerrto. The guy who had, from the beginning, been afraid of being the last one left alive. Mr Elusive, as he was often called, lived a happy and fulfilled life. In fact, some say he is still alive to this day, and he still carries that trophy as his most prized possession.

Muerrto- Mr Elusive, Night-Action Immune Townie, Victorious!

TOWN WINS!!!!!

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2052 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 2:13 am

Post by Battle Mage »

First off, i would like to apologise to the Cults. With hindsight, the setup was fairly broken, due to the concentration of relatively common power roles. I think, in light of the way in which the Cults avoided detection for much of the early game, and how the town seemed to implode on Day 1, you guys deserved a closer endgame. Unfortunately it was tough to come up with a good fakeclaim that fitted the setup. I thought the best attempt was by Pooky-who's suggestion of a role made alot of sense. On the flipside, i don't condone excessive bad language in ANY of my games. Nor am i impressed by whinging after a Mod decision has been made. That's all i'm going to say on that. In fairness, i think it's amazing that Pooky managed to survive so long in light of Mizzy's play, and his lurking. Xtoxm i thought did amazingly well to get away with claiming an open role for so long. I was stunned that DGB didnt counter-claim, and in all honesty, when she finally did claim, i'd have probably lynched her first, had i been playing. I was also surprised at the amount of trust of people like Muerrto and Armlx. I dont think Erg0 and Armlx were confirmed town by any means, and did well to survive till the end.
Mneme got exceptionally lucky early on in the game. As you know by now, Adel got a legitimate guilty investigation on him, Night 0, and in any circumstances other than being dayvigged, i think she wouldve claimed and the Earth Cult would have been dead from the get-go.
In actuality, he managed to survive a long while, and managing to be the only CR to recruit a power role. Night actions in general made for hilarious reading. Especially perhaps, the actions of the CR's. I recall Xtoxm being unsure between trying to kill and trying to recruit Muerrto, early on in the game, and me shouting at my screen. :P
Most recently, Farside's mindblowing attempt to recruit a claimed and confirmed unrecruitable. 0.o

I think if the Cults had been more successful in recruiting, the game would have ended up pretty close anyway, but i concede that it was definitely skewed towards the town- ironic considering the amount of criticism early in the game about the town having no chance. lol

Also, the town's decided policy of lynching as fast as possible would have turned out gamebreaking, as you can see, hence the decision to limit the amount of lynches per day. Again, maybe i should have forseen this, but this has been by far the most active large theme i have had the pleasure to Moderate. :D

All in all, i feel the game was flawed, but nonetheless, i
think
most of you enjoyed it. I certainly enjoyed running it. :)

After considering how i could improve the balance, and solve the issues that arose in this game, whilst building on the aspects of the game that were enjoyed, i have some ideas on potentially running a sequel, which will not only be more balanced, but will have a more exciting setup, with more twists and turns than an Agatha Christie novel. :idea:
I'd be interested to hear what your thoughts on that would be, and whether you would be interested in participating in a sequel to this game?

Finally, thanks VERY much for playing. By all accounts, you've been a great bunch to Mod for!

BM

*I'll post Night choices in a sec.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #2053 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 2:26 am

Post by Kison »

Muerrto is my new hero.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2054 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 3:17 am

Post by PokerFace »

Hello all. Yet another game ends before I get the offer/chance to replace in. Oh well I probably couldn't have kept up with its quick pace anyway. I did have fun looking though it somewaht as it progressed especially because of posts like these:
Muerto wrote:Well once we killed half the town, finding the cults were easy. It's like Iraq...only funny because it's not real.
:lol:
Erg0 wrote:13 pages on a weekend? I hate you all.
Someone should sig that one too
armlx wrote:I would enjoy a TSN lynch based on the mass claim attempt.

Vote TSN

This Mizzy business in an open game is sorta stray to be attacking.
>>>AndLater>>>>
armlx wrote:Shrug. I like mass claims.
I like them too.
Kison wrote:Reading is for losers. :)
My memory of Taffmaster's play from our last game together, would have served you all well. He made the same opening comment about the night kills in our last game. He does make day 1's fun and the moment he said the last line here:
TaffMaster wrote:Hahahaha

You idiots.

You absolute idiots.

Hey pokerface, whats up? I hope youve been good, I liked your play in the last game and Im sad we didnt get a change to interact.

BM feel free to invite me to the next game. If nothing else I make day 1 fun.

Within the next three hours everything will change.
I had a guess at what was about to happen. I could only watch to see who gets it. I didn't guess the suicidal part though or what Adel would end up being. Too bad it was a bad shot. I often replace into games because of the lack of fun Day 1's are. There needs to be more people that play with the shit stirrier play style, more people that play agressivly in a sence that generates rabbid scum tells from themselves and other players. Unpredictableness is entertaining and good for the game in most cases. Gets rid of some of the boringness that can happen early on.

I am impressed with Xtoxm's play. He has gotten alot better at mafia as of late. He did fairly well and made alot less scum tells and lived awhile despite his claim. I'm guessing he recruited CaveBear night0 otherwise that claim would not have really benefited his team. Nice work. The Town played really well in this game as they made use of all their lynches. Nice work to them all. And I must admit that even I thought Kison was earth cult. He is "cursed" as town, I should have remembered, but then again he actually got a power role this time.

I considered canceling my replacement application and joining for real around the time LordHur joined up in the queue. Had I done that I would have been the inventor and LH would of had Muerto's role. Was the Inventor really recruitable? I know Farside, Mizzy, and Xtoxm well so if I was in the game I wonder if I would have and could have been recruited. An inventor turned cult that could make use of the inventions as well as kill (Assuming his leader is gone and he doesn't loose his powers) would be a great role to have. So much power. :twisted: I'd apreciate it if you would post the inventor's role PM BattleMage. I'd be nice to have all that power in any game but I doubt my playstyle and other responsibilities would have allowed me to keep up with this game. There are still some parts I did not get to read all the way through. I had to skim. A claim of inventor with a lie about recruitabity would have been useful if I faced a lynch and assuming I was recruited night0. Indeed I'd greatly apreciate it if BattleMage would post the inventor's role PM. I wonder who of Mizzy, Farside, and Xtoxm may have tried to recruit me. I'll be sad if none of them says they would have tried to recruit me :cry: . :lol:

Regardless thanks for giving me something to look at. You can definatly count me /in for the sequel. You definatly need less roles that stop recruiting in the next one though. Later all.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Cavebear with a toothache
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2055 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 3:44 am

Post by Cavebear with a toothache »

I'm guessing he recruited CaveBear night0 otherwise that claim would not have really benefited his team.
No, I was town day one and recruited N1. Someone said that my play was about the same day one as day two; I guess that would've been a good thing if I hadn't worried so much about the recruitability of people. I didn't think there'd be many unrecruitables apart from the cops, so claiming unrecruitable would be a scumtell, but I guess that particular bit of information wasn't really worth digging for. >_>

As for my claim, it really was the role I had. Not a made-up thing about it. (Well, except that I lost the ability when I was recruited, otherwise I would've just claimed townie and (possibly) taken someone with me to the grave.) Which reminds me; someone owes a certain mod an apology for saying certain things about certain roles. :P

Anyway, I enjoyed this game, I learned a couple of important lessons in this game, including about claiming weird roles and being too curious, and I'd definitely be /in-terested in playing in a follow-up. I love twists and turns. Congrats to town for winning, and thanks to BM for a nifty game! ^^
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2056 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 3:58 am

Post by PokerFace »

Really now?! Then Xtoxm went out on a limb with that claim. Did he want the town to loose no matter what, and make that claim to draw the cop out into the open for the other cults to prey upon?
I didn't think there'd be many unrecruitables apart from the cops, so claiming unrecruitable would be a scumtell,
Also I guess this makes some sence, BUT really powerful things like what Muerto was and Inventor could make sence as unrecruitable. Hence why I would still make that lie assuming I was recruited on night0 and was indeed the inventor. BM needs to post that role PM and the night actions fast. I need some entertainment since I'm very bored today. I am surprised Pooky lasted so long when he claimed, especially since Mizzy said she was recruitable. Things with lots of power are unrecruitable in my experience. Exactly why I'm betting Macevenger was unrecruitable. Pooky's end post and Andy's actions around his self hammer were also humourous in this game.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2057 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 4:00 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Thanks for the game, BM.

Town sucks for lynching me instead of Pookyscum :roll: But good guys won in the end so it's all good. ;)
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2058 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 4:38 am

Post by Battle Mage »

PokerFace wrote:Hello all. Yet another game ends before I get the offer/chance to replace in. Oh well I probably couldn't have kept up with its quick pace anyway. I did have fun looking though it somewaht as it progressed especially because of posts like these:
Muerto wrote:Well once we killed half the town, finding the cults were easy. It's like Iraq...only funny because it's not real.
:lol:
Erg0 wrote:13 pages on a weekend? I hate you all.
Someone should sig that one too
armlx wrote:I would enjoy a TSN lynch based on the mass claim attempt.

Vote TSN

This Mizzy business in an open game is sorta stray to be attacking.
>>>AndLater>>>>
armlx wrote:Shrug. I like mass claims.
I like them too.
Kison wrote:Reading is for losers. :)
My memory of Taffmaster's play from our last game together, would have served you all well. He made the same opening comment about the night kills in our last game. He does make day 1's fun and the moment he said the last line here:

You idiots.

You absolute idiots.

Hey pokerface, whats up? I hope youve been good, I liked your play in the last game and Im sad we didnt get a change to interact.

I had a guess at what was about to happen. I could only watch to see who gets it. I didn't guess the suicidal part though or what Adel would end up being. Too bad it was a bad shot. I often replace into games because of the lack of fun Day 1's are. There needs to be more people that play with the shit stirrier play style, more people that play agressivly in a sence that generates rabbid scum tells from themselves and other players. Unpredictableness is entertaining and good for the game in most cases. Gets rid of some of the boringness that can happen early on.

I am impressed with Xtoxm's play. He has gotten alot better at mafia as of late. He did fairly well and made alot less scum tells and lived awhile despite his claim. I'm guessing he recruited CaveBear night0 otherwise that claim would not have really benefited his team. Nice work. The Town played really well in this game as they made use of all their lynches. Nice work to them all. And I must admit that even I thought Kison was earth cult. He is "cursed" as town, I should have remembered, but then again he actually got a power role this time.

I considered canceling my replacement application and joining for real around the time LordHur joined up in the queue. Had I done that I would have been the inventor and LH would of had Muerto's role. Was the Inventor really recruitable? I know Farside, Mizzy, and Xtoxm well so if I was in the game I wonder if I would have and could have been recruited. An inventor turned cult that could make use of the inventions as well as kill (Assuming his leader is gone and he doesn't loose his powers) would be a great role to have. So much power. :twisted: I'd apreciate it if you would post the inventor's role PM BattleMage. I'd be nice to have all that power in any game but I doubt my playstyle and other responsibilities would have allowed me to keep up with this game. There are still some parts I did not get to read all the way through. I had to skim. A claim of inventor with a lie about recruitabity would have been useful if I faced a lynch and assuming I was recruited night0. Indeed I'd greatly apreciate it if BattleMage would post the inventor's role PM. I wonder who of Mizzy, Farside, and Xtoxm may have tried to recruit me. I'll be sad if none of them says they would have tried to recruit me :cry: . :lol:

Regardless thanks for giving me something to look at. You can definatly count me /in for the sequel. You definatly need less roles that stop recruiting in the next one though. Later all.
Yeh the game was designed to be exciting. But what with what i have in mind for the sequel, this game looks pretty vanilla. ;)

Role: Inventor
Recruitable: Well, yeah.
Ability: You don’t have any night ability. YET! But you always think of something. Every 50 pages of the game, you invent something that gives you an ability. You will be notified when this happens. If at any point in the game you double-post, you will be modkilled. During the day, you can also vote for who you want to lynch.
Win Condition: You win when all anti-town forces have been killed, or otherwise removed from the game.

Thats the Inventor Role PM.

Night Actions:

Night 0
Mizzy (Wind Cult) recruits Muerrto. Fails.
DGB (Temp Cop) investigates Adel. No Result.
Jediknight (SK) kills CKD.
Jediknight (SK) frameblocks Rolandofthewhite.
Andycyca (Tracker) Tracks Muerrto. No Move
Mneme (Earth Cult) recruits Adel. Fails
Kison (Watcher) Watches Mneme. Sees Adel.
Xtoxm (Ice Cult) kills Muerrto. Fails
Lowell (Bodyguard) protects DGB.
Macavenger (JK) locks up DGB.
Adel (Density Cop) investigates Mneme. More dense than normal.
Farside22 (Fire Cult) recruits Mizzy. Fails
Elvis Knits (RB) Blocks Rolandofthewhite

Night 1
Elvis Knits (RB) Blocks Cavebear.
Xtoxm (Ice Cult) Recruits Cavebear.
Kison (Watcher) Watches Mneme. Sees No-one
DGB (Temp Cop) investigates Armlx. Normal Temp
Mneme (Earth Cult) Recruits Elvis Knits.
Macavenger (JK) locks up Pooky.
Andycyca (Tracker) Tracks Armlx. No Move.
Lowell (BG) Protects Muerrto.
Farside (Fire Cult) Kills Pooky. Fails
Pooky (Wind Cult) NO CHOICE

Night 2
Pooky (Wind Cult) recruits Elvis
Elvis (Earth RB) Kills Andycyca
Farside (Fire Cult) recruits DGB
Macavenger (JK) Locks up Pooky
Kison (Watcher) watches DGB. Sees Farside.
Andycyca (Tracker) tracks Elvis
DGB (Temp Cop) NO CHOICE

Night 3
DGB (Temp Cop) investigates Elvis Knits. Normal Temp
Macavenger (JK) Locks up Kison
Kison (Watcher) watches DGB. No Result.
Elvis (Earth RB) NO CHOICE

BM

*/in for next: Pokerface, Cavebear with a toothache
Show

Nightkilled - 10

TaffMaster
TaffMaster
Goon
TaffMaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2059 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 5:02 am

Post by TaffMaster »

PokerFace wrote:

You idiots.

You absolute idiots.

Hey pokerface! Whats up :)

I warned Adel, I kept saying that people were idiots, and yet people just ignored me and kept putting on non content votes. Dumb bandwagoners.

Thankfully Adel wasnt mad at all, we're like BFF
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2060 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 5:10 am

Post by Muerrto »

Definitely /in for next if you'll have me.

I'm glad I was finally able to convince the town of my innocence so I could STAB YOU ALL IN THE BACK FOR THE TROPHY!!! Muhahahaha! :twisted:

Anyway, absolutely awesome game BM. I don't think it was unfair to the cults at all. Some of their recruitment choices were poor based on the posts that had occured and our role blockers were quite good at targetting the right people.

Maybe make more power roles recruitable but I think the only reason the cults didn't get more recruits is because the town killed off all the recruitables lol

<3 at Mizzy for the recruit attempt.

@Kison: Sig'd :lol:

Awesome game people. And thanks a ton to the mod team that had to put up with us complaining about deadlines and voting and what not.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2061 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 5:15 am

Post by PokerFace »

Good to see you taff. Had I realized sooner that you were here I would have difinatly joined on day 1. I hope both of us can attend the sequel.

I like that role pm, Battlemage. The post restriction would fit the situation and help explain any low activity levels I'd had. Only reason I am posting right now is the fact I'm on lunch break at work. You ended the game at a rather good time for me.

I'm not sure I'd claim that Post Restriction or not depending on the situation. I'd also probably lie and say my inventions are ______, ______, _____, and a shield at the game start. And I'd say the shield protects me from all kills so that any killers wouldn't bother hitting me. The role did keep its power after recruitment, right? What powers was it set to get after the 50 pages? A role that can kill and get cool powers over time. :twisted:
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #2062 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 5:27 am

Post by elvis_knits »

LOL

I have to read what happened...

I thought we were lynching Kison?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #2063 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 5:31 am

Post by elvis_knits »

WOW.

I'm pretty sure I CAN block kills. It sucks I wasn't around to tell you that.

But I was scum. I would have rather not been recruited, but it wasn't my choice, so I had to go with the cult.

And I never blocked Farside. I just got lucky by claiming that. Farside must have tried to recruit DGB... which is hilarious.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2064 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 5:35 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yes it is funny. I am still waiting for Xtoxm, Farside, or Mizzy to post. I want to know if they would have recruited me given the chance. I also want to know if the inventor kept his skills after recruitment. It doesn't exactly say he looses them up above.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #2065 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 5:39 am

Post by elvis_knits »

While I was town, the town was losing bad. After I got recruited, all the cults started dying. I think I was the biggest loser!
Talk nerdy to me.

Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2066 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 5:52 am

Post by Macavenger »

My Role PM wrote:Role: Prison Warden
Recruitable:
No, you aren’t.

Ability: Each night you may choose a player to lock in a cell. How Lovely! That player will be protected any recruitment attempts and kill attempts made upon them, but will also be unable to use any night actions they possess. You may not lock yourself up (if that thought was crossing your mind). During the day, you can also vote for who you want to lynch.
Win Condition: You win when all anti-town forces have been killed, or otherwise removed from the game.
I really wasn't kidding about being unrecruitable, in case there was still any question. :P

Rather unlucky for the cults that 2 of them went after Muerrto N0, and all went after unrecruitables. I really don't understand Xtoxm's decision to attempt a kill there - no reason for that at all N0. Farside's kill attempt on Pooky makes more sense, but it should still have been a lot easier to recruit someone else and try to get Pooky lynched for his lurking, I would think.

Game was definitely a lot of fun. I'm very surprised by the way it turned out. I'm not really sure about how unbalanced it was, looking at it - there were 10/24 unrecruitables (assuming the dayvig was recruitable, I guess we never found out) from each recruiter's perspective, so having all 4 of them fail N0 isn't really something you can balance around, that's just horrible luck. With better night choices and less bad luck on the cults' part, this could have gone very differently.

I'm amused that my N1 lockup of Pooky kept a recruiter alive. :x
"By far the towniest player in the game. Very good scum hunting, doesn't let anyone off the hook. All in all I find Mac's posts insightful and thought-provoking. " - Vel-Rahn Koon
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2067 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 6:01 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

On setup balance:

Each individual cult was horribly underpowered.

The town power roles made it fairly difficult to win.

What I really hate about this setup however is the variable number of lynches per day.

Not only is the number of lynches per day really a huge factor in what happens in each game, but basically your policy was "I'll schedule however many lynches I want each day" instead of setting it up in advance is kinda horrible in terms of planning for the cults. Not only were they screwed in terms of diluted power, but they had no idea what to plan for. Should they nightkill or try to recruit? These decisions are based entirely on how many lynches the town has each day, and when they don't know, it just makes it terribly hard for the cults to figure out what the heck they are supposed to do to win.

I personally think having the mod decide on a number for the number of lynches on each day on his on whim is kind of a bad idea.(a really bad idea)

But that's just me I guess.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2068 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 6:15 am

Post by armlx »

Lol, winning as town after during N1 Erg0 + I were discussing the best ways to get one of us recruited.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #2069 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 6:16 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Hey PF!

I personally think this is my best performance ever as scum!

Muerrto was blatantly pro-town for the vast majority of the game, I fail to see how anyone could have thought otherwise.

Trudt me to pick out the action immune for my N0 kill, lol :P
Yes it is funny. I am still waiting for Xtoxm, Farside, or Mizzy to post. I want to know if they would have recruited me given the chance. I also want to know if the inventor kept his skills after recruitment. It doesn't exactly say he looses them up above.
I dunno, I wasn't gonna recruit on N0 anyways...Depends on your play and if I thought you were recruitablt after that. If i'd made N3 my next plan was to recruit Kison.

And Cavebear said he was telling the truth about his role, btw.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2070 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 6:29 am

Post by armlx »

xtoxm, why not recruit N0? Recruit > kill by far.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #2071 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 7:13 am

Post by mneme »

Grats, town -- GG!

But yeah, kinda broken; I wasn't kidding when I said the town was a much greater threat to the scum than we were to one another (and I was underestimating how many recruits the scum did -- but then, I wasn't factoring in my first recruit failing and I think the town got lucky there). Given the lame odds of successful recruiting, the scum were probably better off killing for the first two nights to get the numbers reasonable and then trying for recruits -- but there was no way to know that.

Elivs, sorry for leaving you in a bad position -- but with your "I'm not saying whether I'm recruitable", you were an insanely good recruit possibility; I figured other recruiters might stay away, and the math of the game indicated that you had to be recruitable. I'm so sorry we never got to conspire; takes out half the fun of being a scumgroup -- if only it hadn't been proven that Adel had targeted me (and over the weekend, so I never got to post, and I suspect that influenced EK not bussing me, as I so richly deserved). As it was, I risked outing you when I sidereally defended you (though it fit my existing playstyle, which is why, I guess, people didn't notice that my "why are we trying to force recruitablity" was an indirect response to people trying to put EK in a no-win situation, thus a defense); I'm really glad that didn't get you lynched (no, math did that).

Oh, and I
Adel! Night 1, I tried to recruit Adel...and she targetted me! oops. So I got that she was prolly someone I wanted dead (unrecruitable = cult or cop, most likely) -- but I was totally screwed! But cross targeting = MS love! :)
Did I say too much?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #2072 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 7:25 am

Post by Adel »

I was waiting claim later in the day when the steam for lynching was running out. I wanted to organize a mass claim, and totally break the setup.

I would've been really pissed had I still been in the game when the lynch policy was announced.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #2073 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 7:40 am

Post by mneme »

Adel: it didn't bother me that much, since I figured it was a totally wacky game anyway (multiple cults = good change of goal changes = wacky). But if I'd been taking the game seriously, I would have been annoyed.

What might work better would be a game with 4 cults, a kiling group, and the rest of the town as recruitable "survivors". No town goal at all -- so people don'g go from doing well with their current goal to losing in a cult,, and the "town" doesn't have to have a realistic chance of winning because the goal of the "townies" isn't for the town to win, but to get recruited into the winning cult.

Wacky, sure, but seems like it would have more of the flavor this game was trying for.
Did I say too much?
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Cannot be disclosed, as it would jeapordize my mission

Post Post #2074 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 7:42 am

Post by kabenon007 »

Fun game, thanks for bumrushing me all at once while I was away... jerks... I didn't even have time to post! I hate them all, except for Turtle(Poker)face.
I put the "laughter" in manslaughter.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”