mini #585 - A Tempest Has Formed (Over), Thanks Patrick!!

CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 9:52 am

Post by CoheedCambria09 »

Don't you think it would be better to lynch one of the people who are still lurking, instead of me, who is now contributing more?
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 9:58 am

Post by iamausername »

No, I'm pretty sure it would be better to lynch scum.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 10:02 am

Post by Matt_S »

iamausername wrote:No, I'm pretty sure it would be better to lynch scum.
Cue someone voting for you in a highly ironic way...... now!
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 10:02 am

Post by Cream147 »

What iamausername said
[u]Apologies[/u]
I abandoned this place out of stress about 6 months ago. I let a lot of people down in doing so. I am starting afresh, I will not join more than 2 games at a time and I will definitely not be modding a game in the foreseeable future.
CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 10:02 am

I'm not scum though, I am being completely honest, I swear on my life that I'm town, and you'll see that I'm right if you continue to push my lynch. In all probability you could be scum since youd know whose town and whose not.
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 10:06 am

Post by Cream147 »

CoheedCambria09 wrote:I'm not scum though, I am being completely honest, I swear on my life that I'm town, and you'll see that I'm right if you continue to push my lynch. In all probability you could be scum since youd know whose town and whose not.
This is a completely useless, worthless defense. Swearing on your life means NOTHING here. (P.S. This game is really active at the second!)
[u]Apologies[/u]
I abandoned this place out of stress about 6 months ago. I let a lot of people down in doing so. I am starting afresh, I will not join more than 2 games at a time and I will definitely not be modding a game in the foreseeable future.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 10:07 am

Post by Matt_S »

CoheedCambria09 wrote:I'm not scum though, I am being completely honest, I swear on my life that I'm town, and you'll see that I'm right if you continue to push my lynch. In all probability you could be scum since youd know whose town and whose not.
Zomg, what an amazing case! In all seriousness, no.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

(2) think very hard;
CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 10:30 am

Ok, I really don't care that it's a bad case, you guys are letting the scum get away while you come after me, a town member. I kinda hope you lynch me, because it would be a complete f*ck up on your part. And thats not apathy for myself, I am just getting really, really frustrated right now at this.
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 10:59 am

Post by Cream147 »

CoheedCambria09 wrote:Ok, I really don't care that it's a bad case, you guys are letting the scum get away while you come after me, a town member. I kinda hope you lynch me, because it would be a complete f*ck up on your part. And thats not apathy for myself, I am just getting really, really frustrated right now at this.
...This is the most terrible post I have troubled myself to read in a long time. I seriously hate this kind of post. The idea of mafia yeah, is that town try to lynch the mafia, who's identities are unknown to them. Mafia try to kill all town, their identities are known to each other.

Now that you understand this, you should understand that there is no way we are meant to know you are town, ergo you only have YOURSELF and YOURSELF alone for the fact that you may get lynched. You have to blame yourself for being generally scummy throughout this game. (P.S. A claim would be lovely Coheed!)
[u]Apologies[/u]
alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 11:06 am

Post by alvinz95 »

I'll tell you again. My computer is screwed up, so can't copy and paste.

Quote: last 2 post of Coheed.

What iamausername, and Cream said. Worthless defense, bad scum move to just say, "Hey, you guys will be surprised and will feel bad when you lynch me!" And no, lurking is not a reason to lynch someone. Trying to drag to Day 2 is scummy as that is what scum want to do. Letting people do all the work and contributing little a bit. So far, since the wild argument with Cream, I've seen more protown play and my suspicions have dropped. So I'll
unvote
. I'll wait for more moves from Coheed.
Is back.
CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 11:12 am

You guys want me to claim right now?
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 11:26 am

Post by Cream147 »

I sure do, I don't know about the rest of us. The last post from alvinz is very good, and I know you'll say it's just because he unvoted me, but I say it because he actually covered some good points on Coheed.
What iamausername, and Cream said. Worthless defense, bad scum move to just say, "Hey, you guys will be surprised and will feel bad when you lynch me!"
This is so true it's unbelievable.

I was SO close to voting Coheed last post that you won't believe it. I had actually typed it in. However, I cut it out and replaced it with the message asking for Coheed's claim.

Alvinz, since that vote on you, I've sort of stepped back, looked at my mistakes in that vote, and tried to be less aggressive, stupid, and exaggerating, and use more logic. I've been trying to improve my play which was pretty poor up to that point. I still think that you deserved my vote then, but I've been less sure recently, as I believe that Mellowed and Coheed are also good candidates for a vote.

However, what I haven't needed to learn during this game is that people don't actually know that I'm town, and if they lynch me and I turn up town, the game isn't lost. Coheed, maybe you should learn that!
[u]Apologies[/u]
CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 11:29 am

Claim: Cop, I get to investigate people at night, hence my wanting to get to day 2 (theres a night time in there). I would of been able to help you guys, but since your so adement about my lynch, its not my loss. Have fun continuing your hunt for scum.
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 11:39 am

Post by Cream147 »

CoheedCambria09 wrote:Claim: Cop, I get to investigate people at night, hence my wanting to get to day 2 (theres a night time in there). I would of been able to help you guys, but since your so adement about my lynch, its not my loss. Have fun continuing your hunt for scum.
It is your loss as well as ours actually. Now, I'm not quite sure how we should approach this. *looks at more experienced players* HELP! Should we lynch him? Should we lynch our second candidate and let him be nightkilled (if he's not nightkilled, he's scum). Should doc save him at night? Please...someone tell me what we should do!
[u]Apologies[/u]
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 11:40 am

Post by Cream147 »

I see a flaw in the 'let him be nightkilled' plan actually. Scum kill someone else, he's lynched, and town have wasted a lynch essentially. Hmm...I just don't know whether to believe him or not. Should we take the gamble of believing him? ARGH! lol.
[u]Apologies[/u]
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 11:42 am

Post by Matt_S »

Cream147 wrote:
CoheedCambria09 wrote:Claim: Cop, I get to investigate people at night, hence my wanting to get to day 2 (theres a night time in there). I would of been able to help you guys, but since your so adement about my lynch, its not my loss. Have fun continuing your hunt for scum.
It is your loss as well as ours actually. Now, I'm not quite sure how we should approach this. *looks at more experienced players* HELP! Should we lynch him? Should we lynch our second candidate and let him be nightkilled (if he's not nightkilled, he's scum). Should doc save him at night? Please...someone tell me what we should do!
Lynching claimed cops day 1 is bad. Stating your intention to lynch them day 2 is worse.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 11:43 am

Post by Matt_S »

EBWOP: Unfortunately for us, cops don't even have confirmed sanity.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 11:51 am

Post by Cream147 »

Matt_S wrote:
Cream147 wrote:
Lynching claimed cops day 1 is bad. Stating your intention to lynch them day 2 is worse.
I didn't intend to lynch claimed cop day 2. They were all questions. Right...I'll trust what you say then Matt, as you are more experienced than I. In this case, I assume we target someone else. I also assume that we want doc (if there is one) to save coheed. I'm going to
Unvote. Vote: Mellowed Man
. I'm voting Mellowed Man for reasons I've stated before. He has had general vote jumpiness throughout this game, and has not backed up his votes with any logic. I consider Popular to be a worthy alternative.
[u]Apologies[/u]
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 11:56 am

Post by Matt_S »

I'll wait for the rest of the town to check in with any possible counterclaims before voting, but I highly prefer Mellowed Man over populartajo.
Show

(2) think very hard;
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by populartajo »

Claiming cop being scum is a dumb play unless he wants to trade a cop for his life. So if theres any possibility of a real cop, HE SHOULDNT COUNTERCLAIM.
Having said that, I believe Coheed's claim. Also, his frustration doesnt seem faked. Id suggest people voting for him to unvote and to let him have the possibility of "investigating" someone tonight.
Its up for scum to kill him (it depends wether they have a Roleblocker or not) but we're definitely not lynching Coheed today.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 12:08 pm

Post by populartajo »

Matt_S wrote:I'll wait for the rest of the town to check in with any possible counterclaims before voting, but I highly prefer Mellowed Man over populartajo.
Do you want the real cop to counterclaim? Why?
@Cream : Why am I a worthy alternative?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Evilgorrilaz
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 12:10 pm

Post by Evilgorrilaz »

Populartajo is not the right lynch.

Don't know if I should unvote. Its not I have that hard of a time believing his claim, but on the other hand I see almost 0 reason for him to claim. The only way him claiming right now would benefit the town would be if there was a doc and the scum would need to target the doc before targeting him. I also dislike the way he defended himself before the claim. If he was the real cop I would swear that he would be dropping cop hints. Also, a claim at fucking L-4. WTF is that? (Correct me if I am wrong here)

Honestly, I want to believe him, but there are so many things I object to in his claim.
When a flat-chested girl hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart <3
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 12:14 pm

Post by iamausername »

OK,
unvote
, obviously.
Matt_S wrote:I'll wait for the rest of the town to check in with any possible counterclaims before voting
Do we really want counterclaims? Isn't there a chance that we have more than one cop? And even if Coheed is lying, do we actually want our cop (if we have one at all) to out himself immediately?
Matt_S wrote:but I highly prefer Mellowed Man over populartajo.
What about the 8 other players in the game besides yourself and Coheed?

You know what,
Vote: Matt_S
. This "I'm going to wait and see how everyone else votes before I commit myself to anything" attitude he's been displaying latey has pushed it over the edge.
Evilgorrilaz
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 12:22 pm

Post by Evilgorrilaz »

populartajo wrote: Claiming cop being scum is a dumb play unless he wants to trade a cop for his life.
Honestly, I don't think thats THAT bad of a trade off. Also, there is the possibility there is no cop.

Also my main suspicions right now are cream and alvinz (assuming coheed to be cop).
Cream for this (and previously stated reasons, although I like his posts against coheed)
I didn't intend to lynch claimed cop day 2. They were all questions. Right...I'll trust what you say then Matt, as you are more experienced than I. In this case, I assume we target someone else. I also assume that we want doc (if there is one) to save coheed. I'm going to Unvote. Vote: Mellowed Man. I'm voting Mellowed Man for reasons I've stated before. He has had general vote jumpiness throughout this game, and has not backed up his votes with any logic. I consider Popular to be a worthy alternative.
I think we have already discussed this. If you read Mellowed's posts, there is a LOT of sense behind them, especially in the case against Matt_S. I don't think you have stated your reasons for having suspicion of tajo. Isn't that being a bit hypocritical?
Alvinz for this (and other previously stated reasons)
What iamausername, and Cream said. Worthless defense, bad scum move to just say, "Hey, you guys will be surprised and will feel bad when you lynch me!" And no, lurking is not a reason to lynch someone. Trying to drag to Day 2 is scummy as that is what scum want to do. Letting people do all the work and contributing little a bit. So far, since the wild argument with Cream, I've seen more protown play and my suspicions have dropped. So I'll unvote. I'll wait for more moves from Coheed.
What I find wrong with this is I get a "lets wait and see" approach here. Now, that alone isn't enough to warrant my suspicion, but combined with some of your previous play, I am getting scummy vibes from this.
Basically, to me it seems like you are being extremely opportunistic about coheed's lynch.
Evilgorrilaz
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 12:23 pm

Post by Evilgorrilaz »

oh Yeah
Unvote