Designer Mafia 2007 - Game Over, Final Scene Posted!

Did you enjoy the final scene?

Yes, I love it!
67%
No, this is boring...
22%
Comical stupidity option
11%

Total votes: 9

the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2000 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 6:54 am

Post by the silent speaker »

:roll: If I'm dead by then, which I expect to be, no matter how diminishing the returns they're better than nothing. Better to have my opinion out there. I assume that people will be able to use their brains to judge three days down the line where the signal-to-noise ratio stands.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2001 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 6:57 am

Post by armlx »

Fair enough, I'm just saying theres a reason that when I do those things its always in list form, not ordered instructions form.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #2002 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 3:48 am

Post by mneme »

The setting up lynches isn't great, but the stuff surrounding TSS is still complicated enough that I don't want to touch it.

Is there any reason -not- to lynch SSF352? Seems like (like a few other people) he's successfully hiding under the radar by total lurking.
Did I say too much?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #2003 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 5:20 am

Post by Twomz »

At this point I just want to lynch Zoneace and if he's town have TSS resurrect him. We know who is rezzed and who is doing the rezzing, if we are a zombie cult (we're not but if we were) then as soon as one of us dies you'd know and TSS would hang and it would be over. I don't get why he's making such a big deal about it.

However, there is no reason to assume that TSS's rezzes are always going to come back town, that would be a little overpowered. We need to watch and see if any recruited scum vibes seep out from the rezzed populace.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2004 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 6:30 am

Post by armlx »

mneme wrote: Is there any reason -not- to lynch SSF352? Seems like (like a few other people) he's successfully hiding under the radar by total lurking.
Try total not posting on the site for 10 days+.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #2005 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 6:58 am

Post by ZONEACE »

Twomz wrote:At this point I just want to lynch Zoneace and if he's town have TSS resurrect him. We know who is rezzed and who is doing the rezzing, if we are a zombie cult (we're not but if we were) then as soon as one of us dies you'd know and TSS would hang and it would be over. I don't get why he's making such a big deal about it.

However, there is no reason to assume that TSS's rezzes are always going to come back town, that would be a little overpowered. We need to watch and see if any recruited scum vibes seep out from the rezzed populace.
???? you wanna run that complete line of BS you just went through passed me one more time?
Late twenties, early Thursdays
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2006 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 9:32 am

Post by The Fonz »

Note: I have just returned from the land that Mafia forgot (aka my parents') and should catchup within 24hrs, but I'm pretty knackered right now.

I'm assuming TSS claimed something fairly convincing, since day's still going.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2007 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 11:43 am

Post by SSF352 »

Alright, first off, apologies for the long time on posting, but between reading and real life it has taken awhile to get this post ready. So, here's my thoughts on the current situation

Simenon's/Thyroid's Role Fiasco- Like mnene, LAL is something I've almost always followed. However, you are an exception because I think you are telling the truth about your abilites. My only issue at this point is I could easily see your role as a SK rather than town. It just makes too much sense as an SK (Kingmaker gives you an extra kill, block both mafia and town actions once, and both at the same time once seems reasonable in a game full of power roles)

Shanba's Ability- Your ability is odd, if nothing else. Not sure how this could be directly useful under any alignment. However, its proven, and seems to be harmless for the time being. You also didnt use your action the night Simenon says he blocked all mafia actions, but I think your role, if mafia, would just be useful for confusion if nothing else.

Jediknight's Shirts- The shirt ability could be anything, since we dont know what they do yet. However, it seems if Simenon was telling the truth about blocking all mafia abilities, he could have blocked your shirt ability, and thus why he didnt get a shirt. Then again, he could be lying to suggest you're scum. All I can really think for sure is Jediknight and Simenon are opposite alignment. Just not sure which is scum.

Random thought: I've seen mafia games with abilities that had no relevant effect on the game (i.e. Vampire Hunter in a game with no Vampires), perhaps the shirts have this effect?

The Fonz Votes- Mutiple votes are always cool. I'm not sure your alignment, but the ability itself leans me to you being protown. No QFT's for the moment, but could easily have them coming.

The silent speaker's claim- I like you putting out your categories in The List. Not that I necessarily agree with all of it, but its def. good posting. However, trying to direct The Fonz's extra votes, even if well intended, sends up warning flags. But, I sure as hell don't want to vote off a possible resurrector, especially when the other one can't be confirmed yet.

A few questions for a scummer who hasnt played in forever or very often:

What is EBWOP?
What is Stoofer's 5th Law?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2008 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 11:49 am

Post by armlx »

FOS SSF352
at the least for trying to pin SK on Sim, especially with a dead SK.

Good catch on the Jediknight thing though.

EBWOP = Edit by way of post, as editing posts is not allowed.

Stoofer's 5th Law is a joke that if Battlemage is alive on Day 3, he is scum.
jediknight
jediknight
Goon
jediknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2009 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 2:34 am

Post by jediknight »

This isn't really going anywhere fast. I'm really annoyed with my shirts. I win with the town according to my role but I guess it's possible that one of my shirts does something like killing which could be construed as a mafia action. I just don't know.

So TSS is testable. I'm testable. Who else can we test?

I'm just gonna go
vote: shanba
. Out of all our options I like this one the best.
And I'm spent...
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #2010 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 9:44 am

Post by mneme »

The shirt=scum thing is insteresting, mostly the supposition that shirts weren't given out last night.

I think it's clear that Jediknight isn't killing people -- we -know- who killed Nocmen, and it wasn't Jedi; it was JDodge. It might -also- have been Sir T (it's still quite bothersome to me that Sir T had a PR when he'd "fakekilled" Nocmen and that it stuck around for an extra day (Sir T? You still got a PR?), but I'd just "that's just how it works".

Oh, and TSS is quite correct. Kalidescope is obviously not mafia. Impossible.

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]I designed the Grim role carried by nocmen. The one who kills the Grim is forced to say OH THE HORROR! each time he posts.[/quote]

I find it rather suspicious that several people questioned Kscope's townishness rather than doing their own damned research.

Re Shanba: He could be a CR. But I've already explained why he's not mafia; in fact, we have two good reasons: 1. He executed mafia. 2. If he were mafia, he'd have been much more likely to think of using his ability as a screen, and would have had players to discuss the subject with.

I'm not interested in Kscope being targetted by Shamba because Kscope is probably the most pro-town player we have -- and I don't trust that Shamba's ability isn't actually a kill which leaves the player around in an altered form. (this could even be the case if Shamba didn't know about it -- though he'd probably know once he "killed" himself, as he did). But if Shamba's kill isn't more than we think it is, why does Sir T take a penalty for "killing" Nocmen?
Did I say too much?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2011 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 9:56 am

Post by The Fonz »

unvote: TSS, TSS

My re-read just leaves me thoroughly confused.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2012 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 11:39 am

Post by armlx »

Executing mafia in a king maker scenario is NOT a confirming thing in the slightest mneme. Being king is the perfect scenario to bus a moderately scummy buddy.

Anyways, your point also fails as he executed SK.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #2013 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 12:22 pm

Post by mneme »

armlx: killing a buddy that isn't showing major scumsigns isn't a great way to win at mafia. But you're right, I'd misremembered.

That said, I still think that 1. the role is insanely overpowered as mafia and 2. if he were mafia, -someone- on his team would have figured out how to break the role.

That doesn't mean he's not scum, of course -- particularly since there wasn't a fake kill last night, either.
Did I say too much?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2014 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by armlx »

Your post says everything and nothing.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2015 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 3:35 pm

I'm not interested in Kscope being targetted by Shamba because Kscope is probably the most pro-town player we have
I wanted Kscope to be the target precisely
because
he's the most pro-town player we have absent mod information on them. That way we could be sure that a guilty result was from Shanba making a miller and not from a coincidentally evil player.

I wouldn't call Shanba's role overpowered at all. Firstly, if it does no more than create daybreak flavor, then it can't do anything to the game balance, scum or not. Secondly, he
did
screen himself the second chance he got, and we don't know that he wouldn't have screened a buddy the only night unaccounted for had Simenon not interfered. And third, with a resurrector on the town's side (even those who don't believe me have to acknowledge that *somebody* is bringing town players back) the scum
needs
a lot of power.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #2016 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 3:38 pm

Post by Kison »

I know this is way late, and I honestly haven't read the last page or two, but I don't see Shanba's role being scum aligned. Couldn't he then theoretically "kill" a partner then "kill" himself, lurk till endgame, then autowin? Is there a day-long limit to the role? If so, I guess that disqualifies what I think is broken about that being given to scum.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2017 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 4:59 pm

Post by armlx »

"Dead" players are still on the live list. As soon as someone saw that, GG nice one. Also number to lynch doesn't change. Basically, only works if we are complete donks.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #2018 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 6:07 pm

Post by mneme »

Armlx: er, no, they're not. Did you actually check the list to see before you asked?

The extra votes are a clue -- but without Shamba or the "dead" people revealing, there'd be no way to know for sure what was going on.
Did I say too much?
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2019 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 12:17 pm

They'd get replaced, though. That'd be a tipoff.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2020 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 12:25 pm

Post by armlx »

mneme wrote:Armlx: er, no, they're not. Did you actually check the list to see before you asked?

The extra votes are a clue -- but without Shamba or the "dead" people revealing, there'd be no way to know for sure what was going on.
Hmm, I didn't check the list. Thats odd and makes me mildly more suspicious of Shanba, especially as an actual zombie cult leader.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #2021 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 7:17 am

Post by mneme »

armlx: exactly so. This is why I don't want Shamba shooting anyone that's proven town -- if it's actually a recruit, that's BAD! This is also why theories about it as a millerizing role don't help much.

I'd prefer to lynch 252, but I could get behind a shamba lynch on the "useless power, might be a recruiter" front--if he comes up town, TSS can just res him anyway and we don't lose a useful power tonight.
Did I say too much?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2022 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 9:45 am

Post by armlx »

I endorse the lynch + revive plan. I'm pretty sure TSS isn't going to die any time soon.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2023 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 10:19 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

lets lynch Shanba and use the power then.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2024 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 10:20 am

Post by armlx »

curiouskarmadog wrote:lets lynch Shanba and use the power then.
I think this is the general consensus at this point.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”