Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 3:58 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Mokina wrote:Actually, they're closely correlated. In the first post, I hinted that I had no reason to continue voting for you. In the second post, I unvoted you.

Please don't try to strawman me; it's mean.
The problem with the hint and the actual unvote is with the timing and placement.

Also, I am not straw-manning you, those are direct quotes. This is not an OMGUS, you unvoted me--I have no reason to OMGUS. I am not attacking you or your character--only your voting pattern, my apologies for when I said this (I did a re-read to try to find what made you angry at me):
Eldritch Lord wrote:(which she has been doing quite often, this bandwagoning is appearent and she constantly admits she's been narrow-minded or weak)
I did not mean that you were weak or narrow-minded, only that you admitted your voting pattern had been quite often as justification for dropping votes or picking up on wagons. The excuse only works so much.

And then there's this:
Mokina wrote:Please. I have only ever completed one game, and it was a newbie game. My join date to the contrary, I'm newer than I look.
A low ad-hom blow

I was jumped on for the newb excuse (which was honestly not even an attempt at a newb excuse), I know this will not be overlooked. Still, it would be weak to base a case off of. It is a minor part in comparison to your voting pattern, but it is a portion of the reason my vote for you stands considering that this seems to be playing on the emotional side of the town rather than its logical side.
Mokina wrote:Will deal with your other OMGUS attacks later. I no longer have much reason to think you are scum, but the way you're handling this is childish.

Or /b/ish.
A blatant ad-hom with no relation to logic or the game. I would like this portion to be disregarded and possibly be deleted by the mod. This has nothing to do with the game and I hope your later post will be a good case in your own defense and not an OMGUS re-vote for me.

I apologize for jumping on you during a post where you were appealing to the emotional state of players, and it is not my intention to straw-man you (I didn't know you could do that using direct quotes that were full paragraphs not pulled out of context--unless they were and I overlooked something) or to anger you.

I'm simply here to play this forum game, but given the personal attacks on my character for reasons with no relation to the game--not make enemies, I may be looking for a replacement soon. I will think on this and get back with whether or not I should get replaced out, I am thinking that maybe this is all part of a scumplot or townplot or to draw me out or something. I look forward to your (hopefully) more logic-filled next post.
"Impatience is a great obstacle to success; he who treats everything with brusqueness gathers nothing, or only immature fruit which will never ripen."
-Napoleon I
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 4:00 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

EBWOP:

[quote=Eldritch Lord[/b]

A low ad-hom blow should not be part of that post, I was copying and pasting and editing like crazy and that got stuck in there. Sorry about that, I refined the terms I used to be less offensive because I don't want to make enemies over a game. The point, however, stands.
"Impatience is a great obstacle to success; he who treats everything with brusqueness gathers nothing, or only immature fruit which will never ripen."
-Napoleon I
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 4:02 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

EBWOPing my EBWOP:
Eldritch Lord wrote:A low ad-hom blow
Should not be part of that post, I was copying and pasting and editing like crazy and that got stuck in there. Sorry about that, I refined the terms I used to be less offensive because I don't want to make enemies over a game. The point, however, stands.

It's getting late. I apologize for any confusion.
-Napoleon I
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 4:12 pm

Post by Mokina »

Eldritch Lord wrote:
Mokina wrote:Actually, they're closely correlated. In the first post, I hinted that I had no reason to continue voting for you. In the second post, I unvoted you.

Please don't try to strawman me; it's mean.
The problem with the hint and the actual unvote is with the timing and placement.

Also, I am not straw-manning you, those are direct quotes. This is not an OMGUS, you unvoted me--I have no reason to OMGUS. I am not attacking you or your character--only your voting pattern, my apologies for when I said this (I did a re-read to try to find what made you angry at me)...
Mokina wrote:Will deal with your other OMGUS attacks later. I no longer have much reason to think you are scum, but the way you're handling this is childish.

Or /b/ish.
A blatant ad-hom with no relation to logic or the game. I would like this portion to be disregarded and possibly be deleted by the mod. This has nothing to do with the game and I hope your later post will be a good case in your own defense and not an OMGUS re-vote for me.

I apologize for jumping on you during a post where you were appealing to the emotional state of players, and it is not my intention to straw-man you (I didn't know you could do that using direct quotes that were full paragraphs not pulled out of context--unless they were and I overlooked something) or to anger you.

I'm simply here to play this forum game, but given the personal attacks on my character for reasons with no relation to the game--not make enemies, I may be looking for a replacement soon. I will think on this and get back with whether or not I should get replaced out, I am thinking that maybe this is all part of a scumplot or townplot or to draw me out or something. I look forward to your (hopefully) more logic-filled next post.
Sorry. That last bit was completely uncalled for, a stupid fit of emotion on my part. I am in full support of the town disregarding it.

You
can
straw-man someone by direct quoting them if you then proceed to rephrase the original context. In this case, the reason I'm accusing you of such an attack is because through your description of the context, you have created the impression that I was reacting to Darla's unvote.

Timing and placement are key in this game. On a small scale like this one, though, it's a little harder to distinguish strategy from simple availability. As it happened, I did not check Mafiascum at any point between those posts... in any case, I did not want you hammered.

I believed your reaction to be somewhat OMGUS simply you formulated your theory against me right after I brought up the whole "fellow townies" issue. At this point, I take back my accusations on that front.

I recall using "townies" to describe all other players when I was new, and it certainly shouldn't be held against you.

Okay, doing a reread with a clearer mind.
"Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
donkeyz12212
donkeyz12212
Goon
donkeyz12212
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 4:21 pm

Post by donkeyz12212 »

Will respond later on.

been busy. That said, I don't know if Eldritch should be the lynch.

Seems like a mislynch and I can't believe how quickly things change.
Citizen Win: 2 out of 3
Mafia Win: 1 out of 1
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 4:26 pm

Post by Mokina »

donkeyz12212 wrote:...and I can't believe how quickly things change.
Believe me, I'm surprised myself.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 4:34 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

thats the joy of mafia, and tends to happen around L-1's.

What we need to look at however, Is the facts, which I don't have the time for atm...so I pass the baton to one of you people who have nothing better to do.
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 4:41 pm

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

I am completely here. Just watching.

And, to be perfectly honest, trying to get some heat off from that little debate with EL.
HIS NAME IS SIR JEREMY WILKINS, AND THAT IS HOW YOU SHALL ADDRESS HIM!
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 6:07 pm

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

Unvote, vote dcorbe.

Dcorbe is a much, much better lynch than either el or mokina.

Consider: Dcorbe puts el at L-1, saying "his last posts stink of scum."

A little bit later, he says this: "If you come up scummy, all of a sudden those pushing your wagon look extremely clean."

Fair enough.

But, a little bit later, he says this: "I hope you're right and he's scum because with this statement (at least in my mind) you've completely tied yourself to his fate. You seem to be pushing his wagon awfully hard. You're going to look EXTREMELY scummy if he turns up town."

He's already setting up his next mislynch! He jumped on the wagon with as little noise as possible, but then told the leader, "you'll look scummy if he comes up town."

'Fraid not, dcorbe. You'll look scummy if he comes up town, and since I think EL is almost definitely town, you look scummy now.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 6:11 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

thank you for the wise words ninja, I am not exactly an IC myself, its nice to have the more experienced players speaking up.

Must say I am willing to put EL on the backburner for now, I think most of the mistakes and tells can be explained.

I am not Opposed to a Mok lynch but we hardly have enough yet.

dcorbe as scum seems a bit of a stretch to me *at this point*, but I am willing to look into it. *cracks knuckles*

Lets see how this thread looks when I am not convinced EL is scum ^^
Show
you done goofed.

dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 6:44 pm

Post by dcorbe »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:
Unvote, vote dcorbe.

Consider: Dcorbe puts el at L-1, saying "his last posts stink of scum."

A little bit later, he says this: "If you come up scummy, all of a sudden those pushing your wagon look extremely clean."

Fair enough.

But, a little bit later, he says this: "I hope you're right and he's scum because with this statement (at least in my mind) you've completely tied yourself to his fate. You seem to be pushing his wagon awfully hard. You're going to look EXTREMELY scummy if he turns up town."

He's already setting up his next mislynch! He jumped on the wagon with as little noise as possible, but then told the leader, "you'll look scummy if he comes up town."

'Fraid not, dcorbe. You'll look scummy if he comes up town, and since I think EL is almost definitely town, you look scummy now.
I probably used the wrong words to express the fact that I was trying to get Darla to be a little more careful about proceeding with the lynch, even though I jumped on the wagon and left him at L-1 for a little while. I can see how that action can be perceived as scummy but it really wasn't my intention.

I'm going to back off my vote now (and look even scummier)

Unvote

Take it as you will,, but if I have to take heat for this exchange, so be it.
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 6:55 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Re-reading Mokina and Dcorbe, will post tomorrow.
-Napoleon I
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 8:32 pm

Things I want:

I want sideney, mike-zim, lowell, and iron man to start participating.

And I want dcorbe dead.

That is all.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 9:44 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

lol,

master ninja sir,

can you tel us why you want dcorbe dead so bad? Not that I am opposed but a little more explanation would be peachy.
Show
you done goofed.

Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 4:42 am

Post by Mokina »

Will read up on dcorbe, posting later today.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
sideney
sideney
Goon
sideney
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 5:16 am

Post by sideney »

I apologize for my lack of posting, but this is due to a couple of factor like: i not always much time to post, english is not my first language and last but not the least is my game-style.
Mokina wrote:
That said, some tells are
more
reliable for newbies. The last part of his post is very interesting:
Eldritch Lord wrote: The fact that you are so quick to call
your fellow townies
"dumb."
To use the words of ZombieSlayer in my mishmash game... read this carefully. Read it quite a few times.

If you read the wiki enough, you'll stumble across a list of common scumtells. One of them is the Freudian slip. Only the scum know exactly who the confirmed townies are. Eldritch Lord has just referred to Snix and myself as "townies."

For the rest of the thread, he throws around suspicion indiscriminately and without explanation. Poor logic aside, I would say that there are too many slip-ups on Eldritch Lord's record to be the fault of inexperience alone.

Vote: EL
:D

However after i have read all the thread i agree with this statement of Mokina, moreover this confirm my early game sensation of the pair Eldritch Lord - TheSweetpantsNinja.Plus the action of TheSweetpantsNinja seems to drive the attention from Eldrich Lord.
So

Fos EL
Fos TSN
Show
As Town 2/3 Lose with 1/2 nk and 1/2 lynched.
As Scum 1/3 Win but 1/1 Lynch
As doc 1 time.
As cop 1 time.
I'm a fucking noob!
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 7:17 am

Which of my actions are driving EL, exactly?
darlablueeyes wrote: can you tel us why you want dcorbe dead so bad? Not that I am opposed but a little more explanation would be peachy.
Well, everything in 283, obviously. And dcorbe's "well, so be it, I'm going to be talked out of my position now" defense isn't doing anything for me.
sideney
sideney
Goon
sideney
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 7:18 am

Post by sideney »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote: And I want dcorbe dead.

That is all.
This, in my opinion.
Show
As doc 1 time.
As cop 1 time.
I'm a fucking noob!
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 7:20 am

And what does that have to do with el?
sideney
sideney
Goon
sideney
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 7:28 am

Post by sideney »

It doesn't have nothing with EL, it concern the driving of attention for EL lynch.

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:
Unvote, vote dcorbe.

And this is also part of my suspicion, in my eyes.
Show
As doc 1 time.
As cop 1 time.
I'm a fucking noob!
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 7:40 am

So, I'm scum simply because I don't think el is?

Neither does lowell, donkeyz, darla, or (apparently) dcorbe now. Or snix? Weird, I definitely thought snix was voting for him.

So why me specifically?
sideney
sideney
Goon
sideney
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 7:46 am

Post by sideney »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:So, I'm scum simply because I don't think el is?

Neither does lowell, donkeyz, darla, or (apparently) dcorbe now. Or snix? Weird, I definitely thought snix was voting for him.

So why me specifically?
Yes, either Snix behaviour is suspect after the early pages with him and Eldritch attacking each other, but normally i follow my sensation, and i feel that you and EL are somewhat connected more than other.In fact i don't have vote neither for you and Eldritch, i have only Fos you. By the way, i will waiting a response of all the other to my statement.
Show
As doc 1 time.
As cop 1 time.
I'm a fucking noob!
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 10:42 am

Alright, whatever, I can't argue with gut feelings. I'm not scum, doubt el is.
Iron Man
Iron Man
Goon
Iron Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 12:10 pm

Post by Iron Man »

Am here, just dont really have anything to contribute as of yet. The reason for this is that my scumhunting skills aren't exactly supreme and everyone else is looking really hard into what everyone else is saying, and this is kind of intimidating. I get the feeling that whenever I post, I'll say one little thing off cue, and then *BAM*, I'm lynched.
I'm back.
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 12:12 pm

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

Yeah... My vote is staying on EL for the time being. His constant emotional attacks, I think, are traps, as I get the feeling that he is actually remaining completely logical and calm throughout all of this.
HIS NAME IS SIR JEREMY WILKINS, AND THAT IS HOW YOU SHALL ADDRESS HIM!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”