Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 11:13 am

Post by Mokina »

Eldritch Lord wrote:In response to the "Freudian slip", it was because I was referring to the Town as a whole. Only 2 of the Town is mafia, so to call everyone stupid is still to call the Town stupid. That was all I meant by it, though I can understand why such a slip would bring attention to myself.
Well explained. I urge those who are currently rereading this topic not to judge EL on the tongue-slip alone. Again, because he's new to the game, he probably doesn't make a distinction between "the other townies" and "the other players" yet. In any case, it's a weak reason to convict someone of being scum.
Eldritch Lord wrote:Also, in regards to Darla, this is her first strong post and the first attempt I see at earnest scum-hunting. Post 212 just screams "I give up, you caught me." to me, I don't know how others feel.
Or she might be town looking to leave us with an "I told you so" post. Null tell.
Eldritch Lord wrote:FoS hopping by Mokina and DarlaBlueEyes
There's no such thing as "FoS hopping". It's called scumhunting. I invented the concept of "FoS hopping" to back up my case against Darla. It was a flimsy argument, but you took the wagon anyway. Scumpoints to you.
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:to sum up,

El is either a gaggingly new n00bie

or as scummy as the day is long
This strikes me as a bit of a sidestep as far as your case goes. Not to suddenly throw suspicion on Darla, but this would be a great post for her to quote on D2 if EL suddenly turns up town.

Darla, are you certain Eldritch Lord is scum?

Dcorbe, how do you feel about all this?

Lowell, are you planning to post again soon?
"Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Iron Man
Iron Man
Goon
Iron Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 11:28 am

Post by Iron Man »

I'm going to have to agree with you on this one, Darla.

Granted, this may not be the best argument in the world, but, EL, I am starting to get the feeling that you got way to frustrated over little things, and this, to me, is pointing to you as scum.

Vote Eldritch Lord

Let's hope I'm right.
I'm back.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 11:59 am

Post by Snix »

EL just went from aggressive-emotional to backtracking-logical in about a page. If he is town he is way too concerned about self-image to really scumhunt well.

unvote

What's the vote count?
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 12:28 pm

Post by dcorbe »

Vote: Eldritch Lord
because his recent posts stink of scum.
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 12:31 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

L-1. Waiting for the hammer.

My dying wish is just that Darla and Mokina get looked into when I come up town. As well as Lowell and Mike-Zim.

And that Sideney gets replaced.

I can't argue this, this is ridiculous. Every time I try to defend myself, it becomes "He's too obsessed with defending himself." Every time I try to scumhunt, I'm just votehopping.

I guess I have to do a bit more studying before I really start playing this game.
"Impatience is a great obstacle to success; he who treats everything with brusqueness gathers nothing, or only immature fruit which will never ripen."
-Napoleon I
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 12:31 pm

Post by dcorbe »

Sorry, forgot to
Unvote
first

dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 12:37 pm

Post by dcorbe »

Eldritch Lord wrote:L-1. Waiting for the hammer.

My dying wish is just that Darla and Mokina get looked into when I come up town. As well as Lowell and Mike-Zim.

And that Sideney gets replaced.

I can't argue this, this is ridiculous. Every time I try to defend myself, it becomes "He's too obsessed with defending himself." Every time I try to scumhunt, I'm just votehopping.

I guess I have to do a bit more studying before I really start playing this game.
If you do come up townie when you get lynched, it won't be in vein. It will provide us valuable information to go on for the next round of scum hunting because you've interacted with just about everyone here.

If you come up scummy, all of a sudden those pushing your wagon look extremely clean.

Don't take it personally that you're being lynched on day 1.
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 12:40 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

dcorbe wrote:If you do come up townie when you get lynched, it won't be in vain. It will provide us valuable information to go on for the next round of scum hunting because you've interacted with just about everyone here.

If you come up scummy, all of a sudden those pushing your wagon look extremely clean.

Don't take it personally that you're being lynched on day 1.
The problem is that if I got lynched, it means that I wasn't very good at being Town, so it means I have to go read up on more games to learn exactly how to scumhunt. I could've sworn I was doing it.

I just want Mokina and Darla to know exactly who is on their bandwagon. Look at their content, their lurkerness, or their scumminess. Most of the people on your bandwagon have been accused of lurking by you or some other player and the others have been FoS'd by you earlier in the game. If you're really town, you've got to find something odd about that-but I suspect you're not.
"Impatience is a great obstacle to success; he who treats everything with brusqueness gathers nothing, or only immature fruit which will never ripen."
-Napoleon I
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 12:42 pm

Post by Elmo »

Day 1, Vote Count #5

Eldritch Lord (6) <- DarlaBlueEyes, ZombieSlayer54, mike-zim, Mokina, Iron Man, dcorbe
sideney (2) <- TheSweatpantsNinja, Eldritch Lord
Snix <- Lowell
DarlaBlueEyes <- donkeyz12212

Not voting: sideney, Snix.
With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch.

Sideney and Mike-zim have been prodded.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 12:46 pm

Post by Snix »

Lowell, You're vote is still on me. Any reasons?
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 12:49 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Hammer: Please wait. I have come to a realization.
-Napoleon I
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 12:54 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

whoa, Lots of activity, I am glad too see it picking up here.

Gonna read what I've missed, no one hammer yet, I wan't everyone to get a word in (people like Lowell & Sid (or his replace) )
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 12:59 pm

Post by dcorbe »

Eldritch Lord wrote:Hammer: Please wait. I have come to a realization.
What realization have you come to?
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 1:04 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

caught up.

EL seems pretty ' You guys suck you'll See!! I'm town you're being dumb '

if he is NOT scum, I will be very surprised, and fully expect to take the heat, but you can clearly see I had more than enough reasons to cast my vote and suspect him.

And as dcorbe said, I'd like to know what your realization was.
Show
you done goofed.

Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 1:05 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Mokina wrote:
Psuedo-Random Vote: TheSweatpantsNinja
Unvote
Unvote: Eldritch Lord
FoS: Sideney, mike-zim
Unvote
Vote: Snix
Unvote
FoS: sideney
Vote: Lowell
Unvote
Vote: DarlaBlueEyes
Unvote
Vote: EL
I urge some of those on my bandwagon to consider that one of the largest points against me is Vote Hopping, something Mokina has done about as often as I have. Look at the baselessness of some of her votes, and how quickly she rescinds them. This is not OMGUS, I am not just referencing the situation with Darla, but with everyone. If I didn't know better, I'd almost say she had an insanity role.

Darla, my eyes are on you, but if you really are town, I urge you to look at this as well. Mokina seems almost to be as much of a scum follower to you as she was being to me. Look at how quickly she followed my vote on you and then proceeded to follow your vote on me. Or with Snix, or with Lowell.

I will admit to some faults in my playstyle (read: This is not the poor newbie mistake, this is the "shit, I should've actually read what I was saying") but are they enough to warrant a lynch?

The classic Freudian slip has been dismissed by the person who caught it as a slight error, and the vote hopping can't seem like such a huge issue when in comparison to Mokina's own history. If I didn't know better, I'd say she had an insanity role with as much flip-flopping as she's done.

Unvote

Vote: Mokina

In my psych studies, I've found that people often inadvertently try to hunt for their own tells (in games like poker, such as looking for the other guy who unconsciously sips his empty drink, or in mafia scum such as vote-hopping) so it's, from my perspective, entirely possible that although I've been vote-hopping it can be scum-hunting and hers can still be a scumtell.

Look into this, this is not an OMGUS--you will find it makes sense. This is scumhunting as well as a defense, the Town is making a huge mistake in lynching me based on the reasoning Mokina has given.
-Napoleon I
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 1:06 pm

Post by dcorbe »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:caught up.

EL seems pretty ' You guys suck you'll See!! I'm town you're being dumb '

if he is NOT scum, I will be very surprised, and fully expect to take the heat, but you can clearly see I had more than enough reasons to cast my vote and suspect him.

And as dcorbe said, I'd like to know what your realization was.
I hope you're right and he's scum because with this statement (at least in my mind) you've completely tied yourself to his fate. You seem to be pushing his wagon awfully hard. You're going to look EXTREMELY scummy if he turns up town.

Anyone agree with that assessment of the situation? Or am I off base here.

-Daniel
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 1:18 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

EL ---

Bravo.

That was a very good post. One of which I was waiting on from you.

for the time being, I am going to,
unvote
(to prevent a hammer) and look more into the mokina case.

I know her "I'm Sold" post and immediately voting for Lowell, clued me off, but I hadn't noticed just ho much she had done that.

She doesn't have the newbie excuse, so I will be investigating her posts, however my suspicoion on you is not gone EL. but until I can be sure I don't want a hammer.

and dcorbe, Its obvious my fate would be tied to his since I was the ring leader if you will to his case, but I was saying that I expect it but also reminding people that I actually gave reasoning for my vote and my suspicion vs. just bandwagoning.

be back after a Mokina Meta.
Show
you done goofed.

Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 1:24 pm

Post by Snix »

vote:mokina

Way to sum up my feelings, her vote history always seemed off to me.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

perhaps you will pull a James Bond and Die another Day Eldritch.

after a meta, I think that EL's actions could more easily be summed into a newbie excuse, whereas her's have no excuse as she is more experienced.

I still have my doubt about Eldritch, but looking it over i concede that Mokina would probably be a better lynch for today because If I let my " must kill eldritch scum " guard down, I can honestly see many newbie mistakes from him.
Show
you done goofed.

Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 2:42 pm

Post by Mokina »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:Unvote (to prevent a hammer)
For the record, this is a good strategy. If I had been on at the time I would have unvoted.
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:Whereas hers has no excuse as she is more experienced.
Please. I have only ever completed one game, and it was a newbie game. My join date to the contrary, I'm newer than I look.
Snix wrote:Way to sum up my feelings, her vote history always seemed off to me.
You've never mentioned suspicions for me before, Snix. But I'll discuss my vote history, if only for EL's benefit.

I vote-hop because it's D1. Same with changing around the FoSes. I'm putting pressure on people, trying to make them talk. I join existing wagons, but not well-developed ones. While one vote is insignificant, you start to defend yourself at two.

If you look at my record, I
don't
follow the town... in fact, I throw votes around fairly indiscriminately. When the votee talks, I listen to what they have to say. I proceed to unvote them when discussion is generated. My opinions change over time, and I really hope yours do too.

The difference between scumhunting and vote-hopping is that the latter is done opportunistically. Wagons gain momentum over time, and at some point they perpetuate themselves without any additional logic put forth in the thread. That's when the scum join. The scum don't care about pressure.

To be completely honest, EL's Freudian was the only thing I had on him apart from slightly bad logic in his earlier posts. Seeing as the "fellow townies" reference been somewhat attached to his inexperience as well, I'm willing to
unvote
too.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 3:23 pm

Post by Snix »

You've never mentioned suspicions for me before, Snix.
You were way down on my list of suspects, recent events have changed that.
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 3:32 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

So you specifically stayed on a bandwagon after you said:
Mokina wrote:Well explained. I urge those who are currently rereading this topic not to judge EL on the tongue-slip alone. Again, because he's new to the game, he probably doesn't make a distinction between "the other townies" and "the other players" yet. In any case, it's a weak reason to convict someone of being scum.
It directly conflicts with:
Mokina wrote:To be completely honest, EL's Freudian was the only thing I had on him apart from slightly bad logic in his earlier posts. Seeing as the "fellow townies" reference been somewhat attached to his inexperience as well, I'm willing to unvote too.

You just admitted your vote was baseless long before you dropped it, and your drop following so closely after Darla's just reeks of suspicion--especially considering how quickly you dropped your vote against her after saying things like:
Mokina wrote:You've been doing it an awful lot now, and each time it follows some sort of town suspicion for the person in question. Without changing your vote, you're encouraging poorly-founded bandwagons.
Not only have you admitted to holding a baseless vote--you waited until Darla dropped her vote. When you jumped on Lowell, you waited for my vote before typing:
Mokina wrote:I'm sold.

Vote: Lowell

At the very least a wagon will get him talking again.
Darla, and others, I suggest you re-read and reconsider whether I was buddying up with Mokina (like Darla suggested) or she was buddying up with me (which she has been doing quite often, this bandwagoning is appearent and she constantly admits she's been narrow-minded or weak).

At this point, I don't think we can be SURE anyone is scum, but it would be better to lynch a town target who constantly admits to having weak or narrow-minded (in Darla's case) votes than it would be to lynch someone who earnestly scumhunts. This most recent post has put Mokina above Darla on my "scumdar".
-Napoleon I
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 3:35 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

EBWOP:

Prod Request: Mike-Zim, ZombieSlayer54
-Napoleon I
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 3:40 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

EBWOP:

Prod Request: Mike-Zim, ZombieSlayer54
-Napoleon I
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 3:41 pm

Post by Mokina »

Eldritch Lord wrote:
Mokina wrote:Well explained. I urge those who are currently rereading this topic not to judge EL on the tongue-slip alone. Again, because he's new to the game, he probably doesn't make a distinction between "the other townies" and "the other players" yet. In any case, it's a weak reason to convict someone of being scum.
It directly conflicts with:
Mokina wrote:To be completely honest, EL's Freudian was the only thing I had on him apart from slightly bad logic in his earlier posts. Seeing as the "fellow townies" reference been somewhat attached to his inexperience as well, I'm willing to unvote too.
Actually, they're closely correlated. In the first post, I hinted that I had no reason to continue voting for you. In the second post, I unvoted you.

Please don't try to strawman me; it's mean.

Will deal with your other OMGUS attacks later. I no longer have much reason to think you are scum, but the way you're handling this is childish.

Or /b/ish.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”