Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 7:14 am

Post by Ether »

Day 4, Votecount 1 wrote:8 Unvote (Andycyca, eldarad, hasdgfas, Mizzy, Skruffs, Y, Yosarian2, Zindaras)

8 alive; 5 to lynch.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 11:38 am

Post by Skruffs »

Hmm.

I'm horrible at breadcrumbing so I will go out and say it, because it's probably more useful to everyone than just to me: I received some WOlfsbane last night.
If I targetted someone with it, and they were humnan they would probably slap me in the face. If I target someone and they are a wolf, they would probably die.

I targetted Zindaras and he didn't die. I am assuming that someone wanted me to target Zindaras, because I was attacking Zindaras most of hte last two days. I did target Zindaras, he didn't die.

I wouldn't have claimed but if we are at LYLO Than it is important to get that information out. Also, I am hoping that there might be up to 3 other people who have also have received these things at night.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 5:05 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

I beleive Skruffs.

Ok. So Skruffs is pro-town, and assuming he interpreted his night power right, Zinderas is pro-town. I kind of thought they both were, but it's nice to have proof.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 5:10 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

People left:

Andycyca
eldarad
hasdgfas
Mizzy
Skruffs
Y
Yosarian2 replaces Sir Tornado
Zindaras

1. Assume there are 3 wolves in the game
2. Assume neither Skruffs or Zindy is a wolf

Then, from my point of view, out of:

Andycyca
eldarad
hasdgfas
Mizzy
Y

3 are wolves.

We've now got to go back through the game and figure out who could possibly be linked to who. It shouldn't be hard for us to find the 3 wolves now. (Personally, I still think Mizzy is likely town, so it's probably 3 out of the remaining 4, but that's just my gut)
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 6:49 pm

Post by Mizzy »

I believe Skruffs, too, so as far as I am concerned, Skruffs and Zind are as close to confirmed town as we can get.

I got an item, too, but I got zero information from it. I got an item that allowed basically a one-shot watcher power, and I used it on Cow the night before last. I didn't mention it because all it would tell me is if he used a night action, and while I did find out that he used no night action, that doesn't really tell me anything about him at all. Just because he didn't use one doesn't mean he doesn't have one. Before you all ask, I picked Cow because he was being kind of lurker-ish, and I was wary of him at the time. Still kind of am, for the same reason.

Andy has hammered twice in a row, but I can't blame him. RS was acting scummy as hell, especially at the end. I thought RS was scum since the day before last, and so I have no basis to judge Andy's hammer, even if it does bother me some.
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 4:28 am

Post by eldarad »

I believe Skruffs too, for what it's worth. And that effectively clears Skruffs and Zindaras - always assuming the scum are werewolves.

And perhaps receiving wolfsbane is what prompted Capricious to make that odd comment back on Day 1
Capricious, post 107 wrote:However, we might have reason to believe that power roles using wolfsbane are, in fact, ineffective.
Which doesn't really help us, but perhaps explains the comment, if Capri believed that the person he used the wolfsbane on was actually scum.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 7:05 am

Post by hasdgfas »

I believe skruffs too, since I received something night 1.
I'd rather not say what it is right now, however.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 9:30 am

Post by Skruffs »

I figured that there was a role that was handing things out, but the thing is, everyone claiming to have received something that DOESN'T help figure out who scum is (or isn't) is helping scum figure out who the person giving out the stuff is.

My thoughts:

I asked Ether if the wolfbane would be useful against a god-father type werewolf role, but she wouldn't confirm or deny anything. Soooo I'm not really looking there.

What I was hoping would be that someone else had received it the night before I did and used it on someone, too. Because I'm thinking that me giving it to another player might have protected them (Because wolfbsane is used to ward off werewolves, right?) so maybe Zindaras was last night's nightkill or something.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 9:32 am

Post by Mizzy »

Skruffs wrote:What I was hoping would be that someone else had received it the night before I did and used it on someone, too. Because I'm thinking that me giving it to another player might have protected them (Because wolfbsane is used to ward off werewolves, right?) so maybe Zindaras was last night's nightkill or something.
Well, which is it? Did you give it to him or did you use it on him? If it was like my item, you could only use it on someone and then the item was used up...I was not given the option to GIVE the item to someone else.
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Andycyca
Andycyca
Gets To Kill All Spammers
Andycyca

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 2:18 pm

Post by Andycyca »

Ehm... I don't have items...
Planning: Katamari Damacy Mafia - Less than 50% done!

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by Skruffs »

I jammed it up their friggin nose.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 3:33 pm

Post by Mizzy »

Skruffs wrote:I jammed it up their friggin nose.
Zindaras, you have my permission to counter-jam something up Skruffs' anything :3

Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Sun May 25, 2008 11:22 pm

Post by Y »

I reread the background story and I remember it right. There's no reason to think wolfsbane would kill a werewolf, but reject him.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 2:44 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Andycyca wrote:Ehm... I don't have items...
Like Skruffs just said, this is the kind of thing we don't need people claiming right now....
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 3:48 am

Post by Skruffs »

And if a werewolf has it shoved up his nose, how would it 'reject' the werewolf then?
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 4:14 am

Post by eldarad »

Skruffs wrote:And if a werewolf has it shoved up his nose, how would it 'reject' the werewolf then?
Maybe you could draw us a diagram? :D
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 5:22 am

Post by Skruffs »

I think Y is the one required to diagram this, he's the one insinuating I'm fake claiming.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 6:08 am

Post by Mizzy »

Skruffs wrote:I think Y is the one required to diagram this, he's the one insinuating I'm fake claiming.
I didn't get that at all from his post. Why are you being so defensive about your claim?

Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 11:09 am

Post by Y »

Skruffs, yet again you understand whatever you want to understand, no matter what I actually say.

You said that you think it would kill a werewolf. That was your assumption. I just made a different one. Do you have any reason to believe people think this claim is fake?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 4:26 am

Post by Skruffs »

Y wrote:Skruffs, yet again you understand whatever you want to understand, no matter what I actually say.

You said that you think it would kill a werewolf. That was your assumption. I just made a different one. Do you have any reason to believe people think this claim is fake?

No, it's not my ASSUMPTION... as I said when I claimed it, if I had targeted a werewolf with it, it PROBABLY would have killed the werewolf. To me that says that it would have killed MOST werewolves, but there is a clause for a GODFATHER type role.

There's no reason for Y to say that 'there's no reason to think wolfsbane wouldn't kill a werwolf, but reject him". THAT'S What is making me 'defensive'. WOlfsbane used to be grown in cemetaries, and would be used to poison and kill elderly and sick people in villages. KILL. That it was kept on door steps as protection confirms that the wolves avoid it because it KILLS THEM.

If you shove a sprig of it up a werewolf's nose, then, theoretically, that sprig should KILL THEM.

Or in shorter terms, I am angry at Y because he seems to be trying to outguess the mod as a way to discredit me.

I'm ready to vote him.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 4:30 am

Post by Skruffs »

THIS
is from the background story:

"Now, killing werewolves is in our blood, if it's in anyone's. But they are fearsome enemies. By night, they take the forms of furious beasts which cannot be felled without special weapons, tipped with silver or ground wolfsbane. And by day, they could be anyone. Anyone at all."

Y is referring to this:
""Anyway, we tried this out on the Kappa-Kappa-Kappas, who tried to file a lawsuit on Gramps. But they were no match for our new lynching system. Once we disposed of them all, another brilliant man--her grandfather, incidentally--thought to plant wolfsbane all over the village. And the smell has kept the wolves out...for good."

Now you tell ME why Y would discard the first paragraph and use the second paragraph to dispute my claim,a claim that's been semi-backed up by OTHER PLAYERS as being a recurring instance-type role?
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 1:40 pm

Post by Ether »

Many animals--songbirds, werewolves--communicate to large areas with their unique sounds. You don't really think of kittens as one of these animals, but the yowling sound you all hear is distinctly feline, and is distinctly some kind of signal. Zindaras mumbles, "Excuse me, I have to take this."

He walks down the street, to a bench where a man is sitting.

"Guardian. Your avatar looks...different."

"Don't remind me. I've just been put through three weeks of Felinus Maximus's twisted indoctrination, and now it's your turn. DrippingGoofball is going to have a field day with you, do you hear me? The Nibbler cult will rise again, and you'll be our head recruiter."

Zindaras shudders, and Guardian makes a satisfied purring noise before catching himself. "The next ship to Macron will get to the dock in two hours. It's called the Deathmask Nibbler. Here's a ticket. Don't miss it or our agents will track you down."

"But what about saving Caret?" Zindaras tries.

"Oh,
I'll
be handling that."

Guardian replaces Zindaras.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 2:08 pm

Post by Guardian »

Hey guys. Hi to those I've played with before, and hi to those I'm just meeting. My replacing in may be temporary -- June 15 vacation starts... may be able to keep playing, but then again maybe not... Zindaras might get to come back if he is un-busy, and he and I might two-head at some point... In any event, I'm here for now, but don't get too attached ;P.

I read this game. All of it. Nice cutscene for me replacing, Ether, btw. It turned downhill at around page 29, but I kept reading.

I finally get to the last page and find out that I'm pseudo confirmed town. That's always fun. Maybe Skruffs & Zindaras (me) can stop yelling at each other now. I read/skimmed most of the arguments those two had and I really didn't think highly of them to be honest. 29 and onwards seemed mostly filled with long paragraphs of town on town fights that were stupid, and I'd have said this even if Skruffs & me didn't have "we are likely town" role information. I thought Skruffs & Y & Zindaras were all probably town yelling at each other, and getting my (pro-town :P) role I think that even more.

I have a fairly good idea of who the scum are too. My initial guesses are Mizzy, Yosarian2, and Andy.

Mizzy
: Post 63, anyone? Near the end of day 1 and early day 2 the town seemed ready to lynch her... What happened? I think Mizzy has talked a lot in this game but her votes have ended up being near the end of townie wagons, a la Rotten Snitch.

Yos:
Sir T's 53 & Mizzy's 63 lead to a Sir T - Mizzy connection for me, should Mizzy turn up scum. I must have re-read page 3 half a dozen times, it is the one thing that stuck out to me most in reading. Mizzy's 63 seemed like it would have had to include Sir T's vote in 52 in its scope, if not as its main focus, and in 53 the 'buddying to Mizzy' seems just overdone by Sir Tornado -- how does he have such a good idea Mizzy is town at this point to accuse someone of buddying with her???

Yos2's case on RS seemed like skillful scummy Yos taking advantage of unskillful townie RS. I think Yos2 is scum, but I am not "calling it" as of yet, for the record (meta: I've never been wrong when I've explicitly said I'm calling it, 3/3, and I don't want this game to be the first wrong, so I am hesitant to call it!)

Andy:
Lurker scum. Hammers suspicious.

My main target is Mizzy.
FOS

Mizzy has done suspicious things in this game and then backtracked and/or explained them away. Just because she can explain her suspicious actions well doesn't mean that they weren't suspicious; like with post 63, I see her explanation as a backtrack and think what she really meant was closer to what she was accused of having meant than she claimed.

Questions, comments, and suggestions are welcome and encouraged. Let's lynch some scum.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 2:32 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Guardian wrote: Yos2's case on RS seemed like skillful scummy Yos taking advantage of unskillful townie RS. I think Yos2 is scum, but I am not "calling it" as of yet, for the record (meta: I've never been wrong when I've explicitly said I'm calling it, 3/3, and I don't want this game to be the first wrong, so I am hesitant to call it!)
Heh...as soon as I saw that you replaced Zinderas, I KNEW you were going to suspect me as soon as you replaced into this game.

Fact is, Rotton Snitch has looked hella scummy basically the whole game. It's easy for you to come in NOW and say "Oh, rotton snitch was clearly just inept town..." but it certanly wasn't clear to anyone before his lynch. In retrospect, I really do think I should have gotten off him and onto Eldred yesterday, as that was what my gut was telling me to do, but eh, he just acted incredibly anti-town all game, I don't regret wagoning him at all.

By the way, I'm sure I don't need to point out that we're in lynch or lose, one wrong vote and we lose. If you're really going to vote me, warn me first, I believe I do have the ability to change your mind if I absolutly have to.

I've also got a gut feeling that Mizzy is probably town. I don't really think Mizzy has really done any "suspicious things" or "backtracked" from them or whatever. If you could be more clear on what you mean on that...
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 2:51 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Anyway, before we get too distracted, let me find the scum

Like I said, from my point of view, I'm pretty sure the scum are 3 out of this group of 5:
Yosarian2 wrote:Andycyca
eldarad
hasdgfas
Mizzy
Y
Again, I also don't think Mizzy is scum, but I could always be wrong about that, so I'll include her in it.

So let me take a quick look at them, see who I can rule out, see who is probably not scum with who else; with a list this small, you can usually work out who the scum have to be just by looking for who's connected with who and trying to figure out who could possibly be a 3 man scumgroup.

Andy:
Could really be scum with anyone; hasn't really attacked anyone who's alive.
Defended Eldred, possible link there

Eldred:
Attacks Mizzy (and also me) pretty hard; his attacks with Mizzy look especally scummy. Dosn't look like distancing at all, looks like he's trying to put together a scummy and rather craplogical argument to get a townie lynched to me.
ELDRED IS NOT SCUM WITH MIZZY

hasdgfas:
FOS'd Mizzy, based on Eldred's (bad, IMHO) arguments. Never voted her, though.
Agreed with me a lot, which is obveously a sign of pro-town-ness. (;))
Hasn't really voted anyone alive; I think the only significant vote I got all game was his vote on RS.

Y:
Earlier, I had him as a possible link to RS. Opps. :oops:
Rejected the idea of a Zinderas-Mizzy link
Argued with Skruffs a lot
Later expressed some mild suspicion on Mizzy, several different times.
Voted RS, fos'd Eldred and Skruffs.

Right now, I'm thinking that the most likely scenerio is probably either Andy-Eldred-hasdgfas or Andy-Eldred-Y.

I'm not seeing any likely 3 man scumgroups that include Mizzy, considering how many of the other suspects have gone after her or otherwise behaved in such a way towards her that makes me think they're not linked.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”