Newbie 614: Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
SleepyPanda
SleepyPanda
Goon
SleepyPanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 2:49 am

Post by SleepyPanda »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Unvote: Tozyo

As I said, I misinterpreted Rishi (thought he was bringing up a hypothetical situation, and by "discuss" I thought he meant use evidence in the thread that Tozyo might be scum), but I don't really have anyone else to vote for at this moment.
Hum, you thought it was only a hypothetical situation but you STILL voted anyways?

FOS StrangerCoug
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 2:51 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Good posting by Panda there.

I find it interesting that Crazy's reasoning for stating that he thought Iron Man was most likely town is "to start discussion, like Rishi's Tozyo-is-scum comment". Now, to me, it seems far less controversial to say "so-and-so is town" than "so-and-so is scum" because with 7 town players and 2 scum, that guess is far more likely to be true than false. This rather strikes me as scum trying to ingraciate themselves with the town, and Iron Man in particular, rather than really wanting to get into a long discussion about it, which is always a bit of a cop-out reason anyway.

With that in mind,
unvote, vote: Crazy
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 2:52 am

Simulpost - my goodposting comment was directed at the post now two previous to my own.
#greenshirtthursdays
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 2:57 am

Post by Rishi »

ChannelDelibird wrote:Simulpost - my goodposting comment was directed at the post now two previous to my own.
Though I think he brought up a good point in his other post as well. And I'm not sure why Coug keeps backtracking, even though there's not any serious suspicion on him. It's like he's acting cornered, when he's not. Somewhat odd.

Also, SleepyPanda has a great avatar. It reminds me of sleepy pandas.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
SleepyPanda
SleepyPanda
Goon
SleepyPanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 6:56 am

Post by SleepyPanda »

Rishi wrote: Also, SleepyPanda has a great avatar. It reminds me of sleepy pandas.
Haha, thanks. Quick doodle in photoshop. ^_^
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 10:33 am

Post by Crazy »

Okay, sorry about that. I was under the impression that we could say any

opinion on somebody, whether we thought they were town or scum. If you

don't like that, I won't do it anymore.

Here's a scum accusation if you like.

This is StrangerCoug.
Post 43 wrote:So far, Tozyo's been really quiet. And I mean REALLY quiet.

All he's posted is a vote for me which he says is "for the lulz".

Unvote: SleepyPanda
Vote: Tozyo
because he might be lurking (and he sucks, too xD).
Post 46 wrote:Wait—we're past random voting now?
That vote on Tozyo that he just did 3 posts ago was for lurking, but then he

passes it off as random?
Post 73 wrote:

As I said, I misinterpreted Rishi (thought he was bringing up a hypothetical

situation, and by "discuss" I thought he meant use evidence in the thread that

Tozyo might be scum), but I don't really have anyone else to vote for at this

moment.
He found the evidence that Tozyo was lurking. And he used that evidence for a

vote. If he thought Rishi was being "hypothetical," then why did he vote for

this hypothetical person?

Unvote: DragonsofSummer
(hey, he posted, apparently my votes do

something)
Vote: StrangerCoug

((Note: I voted Tozyo to bring him out from lurking. As far as I know, that was
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 10:36 am

Post by Crazy »

Gah, my post got messed up with the weird double-spacing. Is that what happens when I copy from NotePad?

The last sentence:

[quote]((Note: I voted Tozyo to bring him out from lurking. As far as I know, that was not StrangerCoug's reasoning.))
SleepyPanda
SleepyPanda
Goon
SleepyPanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 11:28 am

Post by SleepyPanda »

Crazy wrote:Okay, sorry about that. I was under the impression that we could say any

blahblahblahblahblah
Nothing to be sorry about. You can say what ever you want. It's a good thing to voice your opinion. If you have something to say, say it, but you should have reasons to back it up. It was just that I didn't feel it was a very good reason. But it's your opinion. If it feels right to you, defend it. You shouldn't go along with someone else unless YOU agree with them. Trust only yourself.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 11:44 am

Post by Crazy »

SleepyPanda wrote:
Crazy wrote:Okay, sorry about that. I was under the impression that we could say any

blahblahblahblahblah
Nothing to be sorry about. You can say what ever you want. It's a good thing to voice your opinion. If you have something to say, say it, but you should have reasons to back it up. It was just that I didn't feel it was a very good reason. But it's your opinion. If it feels right to you, defend it. You shouldn't go along with someone else unless YOU agree with them. Trust only yourself.
Well, at least you argued my points, unlike CDB and DoS and maybe others who were arguing with me just because I
said
it, not arguing my actual
reasons
behind what I said.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 12:32 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Here's a scum accusation if you like.

This is StrangerCoug.
Post 43 wrote:So far, Tozyo's been really quiet. And I mean REALLY quiet.

All he's posted is a vote for me which he says is "for the lulz".

Unvote: SleepyPanda
Vote: Tozyo
because he might be lurking (and he sucks, too xD).
Post 46 wrote:Wait—we're past random voting now?
That vote on Tozyo that he just did 3 posts ago was for lurking, but then he

passes it off as random?
Post 73 wrote:

As I said, I misinterpreted Rishi (thought he was bringing up a hypothetical

situation, and by "discuss" I thought he meant use evidence in the thread that

Tozyo might be scum), but I don't really have anyone else to vote for at this

moment.
He found the evidence that Tozyo was lurking. And he used that evidence for a

vote. If he thought Rishi was being "hypothetical," then why did he vote for

this hypothetical person?

Unvote: DragonsofSummer
(hey, he posted, apparently my votes do

something)
Vote: StrangerCoug

((Note: I voted Tozyo to bring him out from lurking. As far as I know, that was
Will everybody freaking relax about Rishi and Tozyo already!? Honest mistake!
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 12:42 pm

Post by Crazy »

StrangerCoug wrote:Will everybody freaking relax about Rishi and Tozyo already!? Honest mistake!
It's not the fact that you voted for Tozyo that I find suspicious. It's that you backed it up by saying it was a random vote, or that you thought Rishi was hypothetical, when clearly you voted Tozyo within reason.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 12:59 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Crazy wrote:It's not the fact that you voted for Tozyo that I find suspicious. It's that you backed it up by saying it was a random vote, or that you thought Rishi was hypothetical, when clearly you voted Tozyo within reason.
Well damn it >< That's what I get for not paying attention…
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 9:48 pm

I didn't mean to say that you shouldn't give opinions on whether someone is town. My point was that by only commenting on
one
player, and saying that they were town, as a reason to "stir up discussion", doesn't quite seem right to me because it's not going to ruffle any feathers, which is normally how meaningful discussion is sparked. It's good to give opinions, but giving just that opinion at that time for that reason seemed to me like scum trying to ingraciate themselves.
#greenshirtthursdays
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 2:50 am

Post by Crazy »

StrangerCoug wrote:Well damn it >< That's what I get for not paying attention…
If I'm not mistaken, isn't that an "I give up; I'm scum," post?

If it is, then why didn't you vote for him, CDB?

If it isn't, then what is it? Wouldn't a pro-town person at least try to defend themselves against my argument?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 3:39 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Crazy wrote:If I'm not mistaken, isn't that an "I give up; I'm scum," post?
Heck no. I am what I am. I may be scum, I mat be townie. I may even be a power role.

I am not God; thus, I am not perfect. If anybody but God were perfect, then the Town would make little if any progress—assuming this game even existed.

Yes, this game lies heavily on imperfection. What I'm saying is not every single mistake is necessarily a scumtell.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 3:53 am

Post by Crazy »

Aww, and I was getting excited. I had a dream last night of you getting lynched. :(

But then, somebody (CDB, I think) said something like, "No, don't lynch him. All he did was a confession. Crazy has done --insert something here--.

And then everyone unvoted you and voted me.

I still think you're scum, though...
SleepyPanda
SleepyPanda
Goon
SleepyPanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 3:54 am

Post by SleepyPanda »

I have to say StrangerCoug's posts really strike me as odd. He seems to just start going off ranting on weird tangents. I don't know if it's sarcasm but I can't help but start laughing when I read his posts.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 4:26 am

Crazy wrote:But then, somebody (CDB, I think) said something like, "No, don't lynch him. All he did was a confession. Crazy has done --insert something here--.
I'm pretty sure I never said "don't lynch SC, all he did was a confession" - although if you have proof to the contrary I'd like to see it. I skimmed this morning to respond to your reply to my vote, and didn't look at StrangerCoug at the time. Now I am.

- interlude while CDB reads StrangerCoug's recent posts -

Hmm. This is a tough one to call, but my gut tells me that SC is town who made an honest mistake. Seems to be getting quite defensive about it but I don't really believe that's much of a scumtell - town should get jumpy when people think they're scum, because they shouldn't want to be lynched.

Frankly I don't know
how
SC could try and defend himself from your argument. The only real possible explanations are confused newbie mistake or sneaky scum trick, and I'd actually be more suspicious of SC if he tried to cook up some BS long-winded explanation for it. I don't feel as comfortable with the case on SC as I do with the case on you, and your lack of response to my clarified argument in your last posts is noted.
#greenshirtthursdays
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 4:32 am

Post by Crazy »

CDB wrote:I'm pretty sure I never said "don't lynch SC, all he did was a confession" - although if you have proof to the contrary I'd like to see it. I skimmed this morning to respond to your reply to my vote, and didn't look at StrangerCoug at the time. Now I am.
You're right; you didn't say that. That happened in my dream. :P
CDB wrote:your lack of response to my clarified argument in your last posts is noted.
I didn't know that was an argument. I thought that was an IC telling a newbie not to post off-topic town tells.

In any case, my defense is, "I didn't know that I wasn't supposed to do that, or that it sounded suspicious." What do you WANT my defense to be?
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 4:38 am

I want your defense to be the following:

a) why you felt the suggestion that one player was town was going to spark any meaningful discussion that would help lead us towards lynching scum.

b) why I should believe that you are no more likely to do that as scum than town.
#greenshirtthursdays
SleepyPanda
SleepyPanda
Goon
SleepyPanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 5:20 am

Post by SleepyPanda »

ChannelDelibird wrote:Hmm. This is a tough one to call, but my gut tells me that SC is town who made an honest mistake. Seems to be getting quite defensive about it but I don't really believe that's much of a scumtell - town should get jumpy when people think they're scum, because they shouldn't want to be lynched.

Frankly I don't know
how
SC could try and defend himself from your argument. The only real possible explanations are confused newbie mistake or sneaky scum trick, and I'd actually be more suspicious of SC if he tried to cook up some BS long-winded explanation for it. I don't feel as comfortable with the case on SC as I do with the case on you, and your lack of response to my clarified argument in your last posts is noted.
I don't agree entirely. I find the "case" against SC to be quite weak, but I thought his responses were most strange. He seems really quick to start defending himself even at the slightest hint of suspicion. Like his first response here,
Everybody on this site—indeed, everybody on planet Earth—makes mistakes.

To me, that seems like he's overly defending himself and trying to shift blame.

And when asked about why he actually voted when he thought it was a hypothetical question, he again replies that it was a simple mistake.

Could it have been a simple mistake? Sure. Do I still find him suspicious anyways? Yes.

Now onto Crazy,
Crazy wrote:If I'm not mistaken, isn't that an "I give up; I'm scum," post?

If it is, then why didn't you vote for him, CDB?

If it isn't, then what is it? Wouldn't a pro-town person at least try to defend themselves against my argument?
To me, it reads to me like he's more intent at pointing fingers to direct the spotlight onto someone else as long as it's not on him. I think Crazy's case against SC is weaker than (iforgetwhotoolazytocheck)'s when SC placed the 2nd vote on Tozyo.
Crazy wrote: I still think you're scum, though...
Crazy's play is well...rather crazy! I don't quite understand it. He seems a little too confident in his decisions, which I feel are pretty baseless at this point.

I don't know if it's just newbie play or what, but I'm still leaving my FOS on SC and my vote on Crazy. However, with their little interaction, IF one were to be scum, I don't think the other is.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 5:43 am

Post by Crazy »

CDB wrote:I want your defense to be the following:

a) why you felt the suggestion that one player was town was going to spark any meaningful discussion that would help lead us towards lynching scum.

b) why I should believe that you are no more likely to do that as scum than town.
a. Any discussion is better than none; and if I'm not mistaken, that comment
did
start discussion. And besides that, I'm an idiot newbie; what do I know what I'm supposed to do. Rishi can post "Tozyo is scum, discuss" but whenever I say something, I'm jumped on!

b. Maybe scum would be more likely to do that, but that doesn't necessarily make me scum, right? It just makes me suspicious.

Or, if you prefer the SC defence:

OMG, everyone makes mistakes. It was an honest mistake, can't you all forget about it?

Confirm vote: StrangerCoug

SleepyPanda wrote:To me, it reads to me like he's more intent at pointing fingers to direct the spotlight onto someone else as long as it's not on him. I think Crazy's case against SC is weaker than (iforgetwhotoolazytocheck)'s when SC placed the 2nd vote on Tozyo.
If I'm trying to point the spotlight on other people, then why am I posting more than most people here? Why don't I just be like some other people here and try to stay under the radar?

The only people to make a case against SC besides me were you and Fakemaster. I don't think you'd be referring to yourself, so let's look at Fakemaster's argument...

Fakemaster's argument was...
Fakemaster wrote:I also think that the Tozyo small bandwagon is very suspicious.

With this being said

FOS: Crazy and StrangerCOug
The rest of that post was directed towards me only. How can you say my argument was weaker than that? You're awfully anxious to get me lynched, aren't you?

On another note, I find it strange that StrangerCoug hasn't voted for me yet. I'm a rather easy bandwagon at this point, as 3 people have already voted for me. (SleepyPanda, CDB, and DoS) I only need 2 more votes before I'm lynched. I think scum would jump on it. Instead, SC hasn't even said a word against me. This makes me second-guess my vote on him.
SleepyPanda wrote:Crazy's play is well...rather crazy! I don't quite understand it. He seems a little too confident in his decisions, which I feel are pretty baseless at this point.
What makes you say I'm confident? Does the word THINK mean YES HE'S DEFINITELY SCUM?! I don't think so!

Hey, what if I pull a Rishi?

SLEEPYPANDA IS SCUM! DISCUSS!!!!!!!!!
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 5:44 am

Post by Crazy »

Hey look, I just contradicted myself in that post. I confirmed my vote on SC, but then I second-doubted myself. I MUST BE SCUM!
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 6:42 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Crazy wrote:Hey look, I just contradicted myself in that post. I confirmed my vote on SC, but then I second-doubted myself. I MUST BE SCUM!
Vote: Crazy
because I feel like being hypocritical too and I want to see how you respond to a vote on you based on mistakes like that.
SleepyPanda
SleepyPanda
Goon
SleepyPanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 6:42 am

Post by SleepyPanda »

See, this is why I don't understand your playstyle.
On another note, I find it strange that StrangerCoug hasn't voted for me yet. I'm a rather easy bandwagon at this point, as 3 people have already voted for me. (SleepyPanda, CDB, and DoS) I only need 2 more votes before I'm lynched. I think scum would jump on it. Instead, SC hasn't even said a word against me. This makes me second-guess my vote on him.
Even if scum were inclined to do just that and hop on your bandwagon, you point it out to them how it would be better for them to not to. I don't see why you would say this. Why not keep this to yourself until later, to see if it actually does occur? Look at it from this point of view. How does that statement help town at all? Defending yourself is fine, but why not use what you said to your advantage so when someone else does throw another vote on you, you can explain this then. Explaining it now basically ruins it.
Hey look, I just contradicted myself in that post. I confirmed my vote on SC, but then I second-doubted myself. I MUST BE SCUM!
Again, how does this help? You yourself point out that you're not entirely sure, but then you vote for him. Not only vote, but CONFIRM vote, even though in itself, it is no different from a normal vote, it's like voicing that you feel there's a high chance that he IS scum. Even when you correct me and say you only THINK he is scum, you go on to CONFIRM vote. Me no understand.
If I'm trying to point the spotlight on other people, then why am I posting more than most people here? Why don't I just be like some other people here and try to stay under the radar?

Again, don't understand this. Why do you refer to other people's playstyle to justify your own? You do this here, as well as when saying you think Iron is townie. It's like you're saying "scum would do this, and I'm not, so I must not be scum" or "other people are doing so and so and I'm not, why aren't you accusing them?"

I honestly did feel it was just bad play on your part and I have wanted to unvote you a couple of times, but everytime I wait to see what your reply is, it's like you're digging yourself into a deeper hole. I feel your responses so far are less likely scum and more just bad logic, but it's hard for me not to point them out as it makes no sense why you would even say what you say. I think you're so intent on trying to find every little thing that sticks out to you, regardless of how small, then make a bigger deal out of it than it really is. Just be more rational is all I'm saying.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”