Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2100 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 7:29 pm

Post by Holy »

Alright, after scrutinizing about the Cult, plus re-reading the Cult discussions, I don't think Cult could be trusted anymore. Thinking about the Beep case, I don't have any idea if someone recruited means their status changed to Cult or not. If changed, I don't think last night deaths might came from Beep. If not changed and she's town, we're wasting a lynch. If not changed and she's scum, she hides well with letting the Cult alive with her vote at his hands. Furthermore, if the Cult win condition is not with the town, letting the Cult would be dangerous to us, it could means no more tomorrow (here we're in lylo), assuming The Cult survived today and actually having their own agenda, and may successfully recruiting again, we're screwed from the minute we let him roaming free for that. Stopping a possible evil Cult scenario or lynching who we think as the SK first besides the Cult (assuming Cult is with the Town), that is the question...Either case, confused and all, but still, I'll go with this
vote: Flameaxe
. Just sue me or feel free to enlighten me in case I'm wrong for that...
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #2101 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 9:50 am

Post by mathcam »

Well, that was unexpected.

I'm pretty sure Beep is not Cult. I think Flame's role is exactly as the first post says. Beep herself is not part of the cult is, but (in a sense) her vote is. That said, your conclusion is what I've been preaching all day -- that an evil cult scenario puts us awfully close to Lylo (it's only the number of votes that count, regardless of whether Beep herself has been converted).

That said, I'm a little wary of the fact that you needed such an elaborate scenario to justify that vote. Hm.

Cam
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #2102 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 5:23 am

Post by Mizzy »

Mod:
Sorry, Gabe is sick and he's not sleeping much right now. Please consider me on V/LA until he's feeling better and I can actually function again. Feel free to replace me if you think it's needed.
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2103 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 1:49 pm

Post by Holy »

@Cam: Yeah, reading the Cult discussion from the confirmed townies (dead) around those Day 1 helps me reached that awareness, not that I ignored you or all :p
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #2104 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2008 8:07 am

Post by mathcam »

Well, it looks like we have three plausible scenarios:

1) Mizzy and I join up with Holy to lynch Flameaxe.
2) Flameaxe joins with me to lynch Beep.
3) Mizzy and Flameaxe join up to lynch either Holy or myself.

It seems like Flameaxe's input most pressing at the moment. Maybe we could get a prod?

Cam
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #2105 (ISO) » Wed May 21, 2008 7:51 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Don't really know what to say. Haven't seen any reason why I'm scum, only that if I am, I'm dangerous. Isn't really anything to say to that.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2106 (ISO) » Wed May 21, 2008 8:30 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

Flameaxe, it's in your hands. You have to make up your mind and vote. Read the thread, ask questions. Whatever.
Beep! Beep!
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #2107 (ISO) » Wed May 21, 2008 10:06 am

Post by Mizzy »

I'd be willing to vote Holy based on my suspicions of her...it really bothers me that she stuck a vote out there without saying anything first and her posting has come across as "coasting" for the most part.
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #2108 (ISO) » Wed May 21, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by Thesp »

Official D6 Vote Count

Note:
Cult of the Couch Members:
2 (FlameAxe, Beep! Beep!)

Beep! Beep! - 1
(mathcam
(1st)
)
Flameaxe - 1
(Holy
(2nd)
)

Not Voting - 3
(
Cult of the Couch (2 votes)
, Mizzy)

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Deadline in about 39 hours. A simple plurality lynches at the deadline, using LHLV (longest-held-last-vote) as a tie-breaker.
Last edited by Thesp on Fri May 23, 2008 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #2109 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 4:55 pm

Post by mathcam »

Flameaxe wrote:Don't really know what to say. Haven't seen any reason why I'm scum, only that if I am, I'm dangerous. Isn't really anything to say to that.
Well, there's who you're going to vote for, a decision that could possibly decide the entirety of this game. That seems like it might merit some discussion.

Cam
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2110 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 4:41 am

Post by Holy »

Sorry, busy days...

Mizzy wrote:I'd be willing to vote Holy based on my suspicions of her...it really bothers me that she stuck a vote out there without saying anything first and her posting has come across as "coasting" for the most part.
Well, my thought process laid out in the open to read, what exactly do you mean with "coasting"? As far as I know, that's how I play anywhere, crazy play.., luls...
If you're doubting 'bout the Cult-Scum possibility, what's your opinion about a Cult-Cult possibility, Mizzy? I've thinking about it, and after we successfully eradicated the mafia, I don't want us to lose here (I've experienced this kind of situation once, a not well thought one, lol), 'cause after my search 'bout what exactly is a Cult, I just don't know if letting Flame is wise, if Flame isn't Scum, I only can think it is you though.., but lylo situation is more demanding, I guess... If only I have two votes right, I really want you lynched at the same time if possible >.>
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #2111 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 5:04 am

Post by Thesp »

Final D6 Vote Count

Note:
Cult of the Couch Members:
2 (FlameAxe, Beep! Beep!)

Beep! Beep! - 1
(mathcam
(1st)
)
Flameaxe - 1
(Holy
(2nd)
)

Not Voting - 3
(
Cult of the Couch (2 votes)
, Mizzy)
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #2112 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 5:16 am

Post by Thesp »

Well, a tired lot you are, no? Just two votes? Maybe we need to make another drink run and get some more Mario 1-up Energy Drink. But even one is a plurality, and the first vote was on Beep! Beep!, so I guess it's time to give up your spot on the couch. Show us your card.

Beep! Beep!,
Townie
, has been lynched.

Night 6 begins.
Please have all nightchoices in to me within 72 hours.
Thanks.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #2113 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 3:57 am

Post by Thesp »

Time to get cracking.
Casa de Thesp y kristocker
is officially closing, and I've got to get to work or else my boss will kill me! I know I couldn't quite pull off the no-sleep thing like Pooky and crowd did, but I still have to get
some
sleep. That said, I'm going to miss you guys. I had a blast, and this experience is going to be something I'm going to remember for the rest of my life. I'm not kidding.

Well, let's finish up the final game of mafia, shall we? Just one death last night means we have at least one more day to go. Can't be much more than that, right?

FlameAxe,
Cult of the Couch recruiter
, has been killed.

Day 7 begins.

With 3 alive, it's 2 to lynch.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #2114 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 6:17 am

Post by Mizzy »

Holy:
We're not looking for scum anymore, I think. We're looking for an SK or similar. And I think it's Mathcam. He was above my suspicion list over you, Holy, so it doesn't really matter what I think of you.

Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #2115 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 6:18 am

Post by Mizzy »

Oh, and I will NOT place a vote down first unless I really, really need to because I am town and that would cause a quicklynch if I am wrong in my voting.

Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #2116 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 8:17 am

Post by Thesp »

Thesp, in the Rules, wrote:
  • Once your death scene has been posted, you’re dead. Stop typing. Not even a “Bah!” post.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #2117 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 9:47 am

Post by mathcam »

No surprise on the night kill, I suppose. His lack of hammering at the end of yesterday was a pretty town tell. I'm a little surprised about Beep, but them's the breaks, I guess.

I'm not completely convinced one way or the other, but if I had to pick right now, I'd say that Holy is scum (which, if Holy still has her Mizzy suspicion, puts us in an interesting triangle). I need to re-read, but Holy's attempt yesterday attempt at convincing us that the cult (both the leader and the recruitees) was evil was just bizarrely implausible. To me, it is noteworthy that it behooves the SK to have another entity to take the blame for the nightkills.

I have to say that Mizzy's posts today seem slightly off, though. No remark on the unusual way in which yesterday ended, and no comment on the nightkill. Instead,
Mizzy wrote: Oh, and I will NOT place a vote down first unless I really, really need to because I am town and that would cause a quicklynch if I am wrong in my voting. Also slightly suspect is that
sounds like a very forced attempt to seem pro-town. (This is not to say that I don't agree with the sentiment of no one voting yet). There's also the fact that she recently mentioned a semi-lurking status, and yet posted in this thread within a couple of hours of the start of the day, perhaps suggesting she'd had a night action.

All in all, these are pretty minor compared to the point on Holy I mentioned above, which seems somewhat inexplicable from a pro-town point of view.

Cam
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2118 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 4:46 am

Post by Holy »

@Cam: I wasn't too convinced if Beep the recruitee was evil, because what I read about the Cult was the Cult (whichever his alignment is) is successful when recruiting a pro-Town player. It's true that I was stating that possibility about Beep, I like thinking for every possibilities, and I wasn't sure whether the mod might be changing that condition or not, btw this is really my first time playing with a Cult, I'm not that knowledgeable with the variations to be sure :roll:
O gosh, I'm too, really need to re-read.. argh... *headaches ;_;
(Need to learn the genuineness about your insistence towards Beep, especially after She recruited)

@Mizzy: Mafia, SK.. aren't they all Scum my dear... :p
Btw Mizzy, try to convince me of your innocence then? Or better, based from your experience what make you think it's mathcam? I'd like to understand your thinking more. Anything...
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #2119 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 8:23 pm

Post by Mizzy »

mathcam wrote:There's also the fact that she recently mentioned a semi-lurking status, and yet posted in this thread within a couple of hours of the start of the day, perhaps suggesting she'd had a night action.
Actually, I'm caring for a newborn, which mean I am awake all hours of the night and don't really get much sleep. That is why I posted; because I happened to be around. I posted in other games, then, too.

mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #2120 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 6:32 am

Post by mathcam »

Fair enough. I too am caring for a newborn, so I know the feeling.

Cam
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2121 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 4:41 am

Post by Holy »

Haven't finish my re-reading here...
Tomorrow I'll go playing all day with my junior high friends (mini reunion).
Hopefully, I'll still have the energy to continue my read on Sunday =)
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #2122 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 5:54 pm

Post by mathcam »

Something potentially damning stuck out like a sore thumb on my reread:
Mizzy wrote:Oh god, please don't head to night yet...I have so much more to read yet that I swear I'm never going to catch up.
If you didn't have a night-choice, wouldn't going to night help by giving you
more
time to catch up? On the other hand, an SK who needed to immediately make an intelligent night choice might see this as additional pressure.

Cam
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #2123 (ISO) » Sat May 31, 2008 1:49 am

Post by Mizzy »

mathcam wrote:Something potentially damning stuck out like a sore thumb on my reread:
Mizzy wrote:Oh god, please don't head to night yet...I have so much more to read yet that I swear I'm never going to catch up.
If you didn't have a night-choice, wouldn't going to night help by giving you
more
time to catch up? On the other hand, an SK who needed to immediately make an intelligent night choice might see this as additional pressure.

Cam
I didn't want the game to go to night yet because I wanted to have an input on HOW the day went to night.

mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #2124 (ISO) » Sat May 31, 2008 4:00 am

Post by mathcam »

Well, I was in the middle of my big reread when I realized I had a pretty big stash of notes from my original read when I replaced in to the game. Interesting to see how my opinions have changed since then. This is a merge of the relevant stuff on Holy (Mizzy's next) from my original notes with stuff that has happened since then. (Posts are numbered as in the "view all posts by" numbering).

Holy
:
Post 1 - Holy votes for Has for what clearly looks like a posting restriction, and she even makes a comment as such. When someone the points out that Has likely has a posting restriction, she reluctantly unvotes. Definitely weird, possibly scummy. She does seem genuinely confused in posts 8 and 9, but also plays the "wait and see" game in post 8, which also looks a little scummy.

Post 10 - Holy votes for Monkey for an "overabundant" vote on GS, presumably in reference to putting him at L-2. Seems mildly contrived, but again, could be genuine.

Post 17 - Rather defensive against a pretty mild "attack" from MeMe.

Post 25 - Opposes tyhess recruiting anyone. Possibly a town tell, but I guess scum doesn't want a more powerful cult either.

Post 35 - Seems anxious about Pooky reveal. Worried she got caught?

Post 48 - Says that CKD's breadcrumb sucks. That's really weird, since it seemed quite compelling to me. Did Holy believe the breadcrumb and just want to get CKD lynched?

Post 53/54 - Got excited by a chance to join in an attack on me and then realized she didn't understand what the originator of the attack was saying. But later attacks Beep in post 57 for a distracting vote on me. Hm.

Posts 50-70ish - Waffles back and forth on Beep, but seems to be completely reversed from my stance. Thinks Beep is scum when I think she's town, and vice-versa. Weird. Attacks her scum scores, but then later says she thinks Beep is town because of all the work she did making them.

Posts 70-now - Occasionally anti-mathcam, but frequently anti-Mizzy:
Holy wrote: Mizzy/Amelia/QB, I may contradict my logic about them because currently Mizzy is voting for Iammars, but I just found myself is distrustful against them when reading their posts, especially from QB's on day 1. Maybe just an over-suspicion for still not having a good read about them.
Holy [80] wrote: I'm still suspecting Mizzy more though :/
Holy [82] wrote: And... I feel Mizzy is SK, because I feel difficult reading her or her predecessors in this game although she's more active than me, my bad... =)
Not sure what to make of this.

Mizzy: Eh, maybe. But "I have so much more to read yet that I swear I'm never going to catch up." doesn't sound worried about having input on the day's lynch. Sounds more worried about not getting caught up

Cam

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”