skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 8:17 am

Post by skitzer »

I'm going to try something, and share my results when I'm finished.

As vague as it seems, I'm sorry, but I hope it'll work.

Mod edit
Votecount:
aioqwe (1): Rogueben

Not voting (4): aioqwe, andersonw, skitzer, ZONEACE

With 5 alive, it's 3 to lynch.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 8:27 am

Post by springlullaby »

Bah post, late ;)

I have to say, please don't believe I'm that foul mouthed in reality, although it was fun getting in character. :twisted:

Go buddies!!! <3<3<3
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 8:36 am

Post by Battle Mage »

springlullaby wrote:Bah post, late ;)

I have to say, please don't believe I'm that foul mouthed in reality, although it was fun getting in character. :twisted:

Go buddies!!! <3<3<3
I still hate you. :P
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 1:54 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

well that was an obscene amount of post death posting.

anyway, Aiq's last post makes sense, but I'm still inclined to trust BM. I want to vote Aiq, but with it being at 3 to lynch putting someone at -1 so fast is a bad idea so I'll
FOS AIQ
with a full intention of votiing unless something big changes.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
aioqwe
aioqwe
Goon
aioqwe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 10:40 pm

Post by aioqwe »

ZONEACE wrote:well that was an obscene amount of post death posting.

anyway, Aiq's last post makes sense, but I'm still inclined to trust BM. I want to vote Aiq, but with it being at 3 to lynch putting someone at -1 so fast is a bad idea so I'll
FOS AIQ
with a full intention of votiing unless something big changes.
The point of my post is that BM's early posts aren't necessarily reliable.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 3:25 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Lawrencelot in V/LA thread wrote:No acces until Sunday.
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 3:27 am

Post by Rogueben »

aioque wrote:I have a theory, BM is insane had a guilty on me and an innocent on RB. This explains his early, I am scum, RB is town. However, later he starts to believe he might be insane, so rather than do a complete 180, he switches to potentially another "innocent" or someone else that he finds scummy rather than rely on his result.
Or a more plausible scenario. BM is sane and has a guilty on you and an innocent on me.

I find it quite plausible that there would be a sane cop and an insane cop in a game, the fact that they are both day cops is unusual but remember that I claimed it first. Do you find it plausible that someone would fake-claim DAY-cop, especially an insane one? There are much better fake claims than that, and the setup has clearly proven the capacity for day-cops now as well.
aioqwe wrote:Also interesting to note,
Rogueben wrote:I don't approve of a spring wagon.
Rogueben wrote:I don't think what spring did there was fishing and can't see any other reason that I should vote for her.
When BM questions,
Battle Mage wrote:it was CLEARLY rolefishing. what info could she have thought i had that wasnt role-related??
We have a sudden drop in the conversation.
I thought it wasn't role-fishing because Spring was too obvious about it.
aioqwe wrote: Further note, RB's last minute switch to the Spring wagon, last minute distancing anyone?
Or possibly it was that there were two wagons, one of which was on what I considered to be a confirmed townie.

Me being mafia just doesn't make sense, why wouldn't I have voted BM on the end of the day there instead of spring. There was certainly enough against BM that I could have gotten away with it IF I was mafia.

Your attempts to embroil rely on a fair amount of setup speculation, with very little in the way of evidence and none of it compelling.
aioqwe wrote:Why are you so eager to vote RB? we're at lylo still if yesterday was lylo.
I see what you did there. However, I am more sure that you are scum now than I have been of any person in any other game I've played in.

Mod: Is it possible to do something about andersonw. Last post was on April 20.
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 4:21 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

andersonw has been prodded
. If he hasn't given a reaction when I'm back, I will replace him.
aioqwe
aioqwe
Goon
aioqwe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 5:13 am

Post by aioqwe »

Rogueben wrote:Or a more plausible scenario. BM is sane and has a guilty on you and an innocent on me.
No, not really.
Rogueben wrote:I find it quite plausible that there would be a sane cop and an insane cop in a game, the fact that they are both day cops is unusual but remember that I claimed it first. Do you find it plausible that someone would fake-claim DAY-cop, especially an insane one? There are much better fake claims than that, and the setup has clearly proven the capacity for day-cops now as well.
So you're insane? Opie, BM, is innocent, CD is guilty? Right, thats random, not insane
Rogueben wrote:I thought it wasn't role-fishing because Spring was too obvious about it.
So you are saying that there is a difference between outright "are you claiming?" and subtly asking for a claim?
Rogueben wrote:Me being mafia just doesn't make sense, why wouldn't I have voted BM on the end of the day there instead of spring. There was certainly enough against BM that I could have gotten away with it IF I was mafia.
Really? The arguments of a revealed god-father? Secondly, if I understand the lynch mechanic correctly, you would have simply tied BM with Spring, because she reached the tie before BM, she would have been lynched. Thus you would be sparring revealed mafia and going into a complete 180 with
Rogueben wrote:I will not vote for BM. I am about 95% sure he is town. I find it incredibly unlikely that scum would come in at what we believe is lylo and vehemently defend a pro-town player.

I prefer an aioque lynch but if it looks like it will be either me or BM lynched I will change my vote. The latest I will be able to post will be about 12.00pm GMT.
No, you couldn't really lynch BM could you?
Rogueben wrote:Your attempts to embroil rely on a fair amount of setup speculation, with very little in the way of evidence and none of it compelling.
What's your evidence that I am scum? My evidence is right here
I finally just decided to look at Dean's posts and there's a reason why I can't remember much of a case, he lurks, complains, and when any case is put against he says something along the lines of, "It's a stupid argument so I won't respond." And how does this not reek of scuminess? Lurking is a pretty common scum tell. His "complaints" simply give the idea that he's posting, but they don't help the town. It's just to help fly under the radar. And, he simply just halts other arguments. Sure they're weak but try and give your own opinions or an idea of what your opinions might be.

Now, what's RB's case on me? I stuck a possibly irresponsible vote on him that the scum didn't bother acting on for over a month? His vote reeks of OMGUS and not of the RVS OMGUS but of a "this guy tried to kill, he has to be scum." It's scummy because he has a weak case and the vote serves to deter and discredit any arguments mad against him.

Back up a bit and let's look at some his actions after he replaced. He insists he's town, and HE knows it. Too bad we aren't you. You think that the bandwagon against you would have lynched you. When it didn't you present the possibility that it's because your band wagoners aren't scum. Well, there's the equal possibility that you're scum so your scum mates don't want to wagon you. Your defense is that you know you're town. Again, the rest of the town doesn't know that. Also, this argument by repetition thing is pretty scummy. You offer to claim in a situation where claiming wouldn't help. Seems like your a scum who is trying to throw out a role to get everyone weary of lynching you. This follows with your immediate breadcrumb that you "are" a power role.
Plus, your behavior at the end of Day 3.
Rogueben wrote:I see what you did there. However, I am more sure that you are scum now than I have been of any person in any other game I've played in.
Yes, we can all see what I've done here. I've asked a question and you haven't responded. You've done an action that is completely contradictory to what you would have qualified as a town action yesterday. Furthermore, you're using appeal to emotion to make me seem like scum
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 3:03 am

Post by Rogueben »

aioqwe wrote:
Rogueben wrote:I find it quite plausible that there would be a sane cop and an insane cop in a game, the fact that they are both day cops is unusual but remember that I claimed it first. Do you find it plausible that someone would fake-claim DAY-cop, especially an insane one? There are much better fake claims than that, and the setup has clearly proven the capacity for day-cops now as well.
So you're insane? Opie, BM, is innocent, CD is guilty? Right, thats random, not insane
Sorry for getting my terminology wrong. I thought insane was the same as random.
aioqwe wrote:
Rogueben wrote:I thought it wasn't role-fishing because Spring was too obvious about it.
So you are saying that there is a difference between outright "are you claiming?" and subtly asking for a claim?
Yes. Role-fishing implies subtlety. I find that people who are more obvious about asking for claims/asking for ability claims tend to be town.

aioqwe wrote:
Rogueben wrote:Me being mafia just doesn't make sense, why wouldn't I have voted BM on the end of the day there instead of spring. There was certainly enough against BM that I could have gotten away with it IF I was mafia.
Really? The arguments of a revealed god-father? Secondly, if I understand the lynch mechanic correctly, you would have simply tied BM with Spring, because she reached the tie before BM, she would have been lynched. Thus you would be sparring revealed mafia and going into a complete 180 with
Rogueben wrote:I will not vote for BM. I am about 95% sure he is town. I find it incredibly unlikely that scum would come in at what we believe is lylo and vehemently defend a pro-town player.

I prefer an aioque lynch but if it looks like it will be either me or BM lynched I will change my vote. The latest I will be able to post will be about 12.00pm GMT.
No, you couldn't really lynch BM could you?
Do you believe I would have been scrutinized for voting BM as opposed to spring at deadline. Even if I was scum it would have been pretty easy to talk my way out of a vote on BM given his play yesterday. By placing the vote on spring I basically decided that spring was the lynch for the day, because andersonw and Zoneace were clearly not posting and that basically put spring in majority. A vote for BM, however could have been completely different as skitzer came in after deadline and voted for him as well.
aioqwe wrote:
Rogueben wrote:I see what you did there. However, I am more sure that you are scum now than I have been of any person in any other game I've played in.
Yes, we can all see what I've done here. I've asked a question and you haven't responded. You've done an action that is completely contradictory to what you would have qualified as a town action yesterday. Furthermore, you're using appeal to emotion to make me seem like scum
BS. I did respond. I said that I am convinced that you must be scum which is far more than you were willing to say yesterday.
Appeal to emotion my ass. I said I am willing to post the rest of my suspicions if other people needed them to be sure that you were scum. However I have been flat out busy this weekend and haven't really had the time to go through the thread again and re-find the supporting evidence. That will come later this week.

Also everyone besides me and aioqwe need to post more so that this doesn't turn into a screaming battle where everyone tunes out.

I still want to know everyone's opinions on massclaiming at this point too. I think that the advantages of catching out a scum in a lie will benefit us now.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 4:08 am

Post by skitzer »

I'm kind of undecided on the massclaim. Let me do this analysis I want to do and then I'll see where my thoughts stand.
aioqwe
aioqwe
Goon
aioqwe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 6:08 am

Post by aioqwe »

Rougeben wrote:Sorry for getting my terminology wrong. I thought insane was the same as random.
The mod said that we don't have a random cop. Thus, by your definition, we should not have an insane cop. As of now, you have claimed a day cop when 1) we have already been shown to have a day cop and 2) your results do not make sense in regards to the normal sane/insane paranoid/naive. Furthermore, the mod has stated that random cops do not exist in the game. The only explanation is that you have lied. As town, there is no reason for you to construct such an elaborate lie. However, a scum would have wonderful reasons for pretending to be a random cop to get other townies lynched and not be held accountable.
Rogueben wrote:Do you believe I would have been scrutinized for voting BM as opposed to spring at deadline. Even if I was scum it would have been pretty easy to talk my way out of a vote on BM given his play yesterday. By placing the vote on spring I basically decided that spring was the lynch for the day, because andersonw and Zoneace were clearly not posting and that basically put spring in majority. A vote for BM, however could have been completely different as skitzer came in after deadline and voted for him as well.
Skitz's vote did not make a difference as it was after the deadline.
mod wrote:Sorry, missed the deadline (again), but even if skitzer's vote did count, springlullaby would be tied and reached the highest amount of votes first.
And no, it would not have been easy to talk your way out of it because before you voted, you said you were completely against a BM lynch. Furthermore, isn't it scummy to think about your "possible" actions and what you could "get away with" and what you couldn't? As town, you SHOULD be talking about why Spring is a rational choice and how your vote demonstrates that you are a town as opposed to scum trying to distance.
Rogueben wrote:BS. I did respond. I said that I am convinced that you must be scum which is far more than you were willing to say yesterday.
I was sure you were scum yesterday, just as you are today. I had posted evidence that you were scum and was willing to go through and post further evidence when I was less busy. Yet you vote at the beginning of a lylo day whereas when I did, you criticized me. This contradiction is scummy. If you firmly believe in a scum tell you wouldn't let yourself fall into the trap so easily. However, as scum, you can just use an assortment of tells to attack someone. Since you don't necessarily have any firm position on the tells then you are prone to dropping them yourself.
Rogueben wrote:Appeal to emotion my ass. I said I am willing to post the rest of my suspicions if other people needed them to be sure that you were scum.
Rogueben wrote:I am more sure that you are scum now than I have been of any person in any other game I've played in.
This is appeal to emotion. It is not in the vein of "lynch me and town looses" but it is still calling upon other peoples trust to believe you that I am scum. Scum can easily try to use this so that people are compelled to vote for someone even if substantial evidence hasn't been posted.
Furthermore, why must other people ask for your evidence? You realize that if other people just hop onto a wagon at lylo with very little posted evidence than the best explanation would be scum trying to get a quick kill.
Rogueben wrote:However I have been flat out busy this weekend and haven't really had the time to go through the thread again and re-find the supporting evidence. That will come later this week.
Yes, please do this as soon as conveniently possible.
Rogueben wrote:Also everyone besides me and aioqwe need to post more so that this doesn't turn into a screaming battle where everyone tunes out.
I agree
Rogueben wrote:I still want to know everyone's opinions on massclaiming at this point too. I think that the advantages of catching out a scum in a lie will benefit us now.
I'm partial. I think there are still power roles out there that scum could kill, but I think it could help weed out the scum.
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 2:40 pm

Post by andersonw »

Okay, I should be able to get a reread and a relatively substantial post here sometime on Monday. Sunday, I have tons of events.

Sorry for not posting, most of my energy has gone to my newbie game.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 9:01 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

Given BMs card flip, plus his suspicions, plus Aioq's lack of persuading me otherwise my FOS is now
vote Aioq
Late twenties, early Thursdays
aioqwe
aioqwe
Goon
aioqwe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Mon May 26, 2008 10:23 pm

Post by aioqwe »

Hm. right, zoneace is the partner? Seriously, L-1 on lylo this early in the day when anderson has yet to post anything substantial in over a month? WTF?
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 1:51 am

Post by Rogueben »

OMGUS anyone?
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 4:57 am

Post by skitzer »

Here is where my thoughts stand.

springlullaby was mafia. battle mage was daycop. (these will be essential bits of information)

that leaves:

skitzer
rogueben
aioqwe
zoneace
andersonw

First, I know that I am not mafia:

rogueben
aioqwe
zoneace
andersonw

Second (this is important!) spring was lynched and battlemage was killed. rogueben agreed with bm and disagreed with spring, so he's probably not mafia:

aioqwe
zoneace
andersonw

Third: because zoneace and andersonw were inactive, aioqwe would have to be mafia.

aioqwe

zoneace
andersonw

Finally, if we are in lylo, there must be one more mafia.

So, I will likely vote aioqwe after we hear some decent thoughts from andersonw.
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 3:35 pm

Post by andersonw »

Alright, like Battle Mage said, I doubt that Rogueben is mafia because there wouldn't be a safeclaim like that, assuming that safeclaims are roles.
And, Battle Mage probably had investigated him because he defended him a lot.
Also, springlullaby, mafia, wanted him to be lynched yesterday, so he is probably town.
In addition, if he was mafia, he would have hammered.

Anyways, I am also most suspicious of aioqwe right now.
First, like someone said before, BM the day cop only had aioqwe at #3 on his suspicions list, and still voted for her off of "gut instinct". I don't think BM is insane because I'm pretty sure that there would have been some indication of that.
She also pretty much ignored springlullaby and just went for RB the whole time, so it makes sense if they were partners.
In aioqwe's post 355, it seems like she is trying to get suspicion off herself by accusing Dean, and also using some appeal to emotion.

And, I guess I'll just hammer right now, because skitzer will probably do it anyways.
Vote: aioqwe
aioqwe
aioqwe
Goon
aioqwe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 5:31 pm

Post by aioqwe »

erm right. I'm a guy, and you don't even let me respond?

right........................
aioqwe
aioqwe
Goon
aioqwe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 5:39 pm

Post by aioqwe »

Spring only voted for BM.
RB hammered spring.

BM wouldn't necessarily have known he was insane. He could only hazard a guess.
Yeah, why bother with spring when I have a wonderful case against RB?
Does the fact that RB 180'd from believing Spring to not be fishing, to him placing a last minute hammer not indicate some bussing?
Where's my appeal to emotion? I've been accusing dean since day 1. This isn't anything new to get suspicion off of me.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 1:39 am

Post by Rogueben »

Just letting you now in case I die tonight. I got a guilty on andersonw today.
aioqwe
aioqwe
Goon
aioqwe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 1:46 am

Post by aioqwe »

I'm dead. Unless we only had 2 scum in the beginning, we're done...
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 6:14 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

End of Day Votecount:
aioqwe (3): Rogueben, ZONEACE, andersonw

Not voting (2): aioqwe, skitzer

With 5 alive, it's 3 to lynch.

While hoping they will lynch another scum, the town surrounds aioqwe. Everyone who's still alive, except aioqwe himself, says he's mafia. But is he? Rogueben pushes aioqwe to the gallows. Before he can even respond, ZONEACE and andersonw jump out of nowhere and lynch him. The last thing aioqwe does is wonder why he and the rope move towards the surface of the earth. Indeed,

aioqwe, Isaac Newton, Physicist (Townie), lynched Day 4.

It is now Night 5. Please send me your night choices quickly.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 11:02 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

It's the last day the town will see. Well, town. Rogueben looks around, and finds skitzer's dead body. He wonders where andersonw and ZONEACE are. Then he hears their voices. "Let's just shoot him". "No, we should torture him first." Rogueben is now sure that they are the remaining mafia. He yells and runs towards them, but andersonw already had a gun in his hand, and shoots Rogueben. That was the end of the town.

skitzer, Charles Darwin, Biologist (Townie), killed N5.
Rogueben (replacing DeanWinchester), Sigmund Freud, Psychiatrist (Day Cop), killed in endgame.
ZONEACE, Joseph Stalin, General Secretary (Mafia Framer), survived and wins the game.
andersonw, Napoleon Bonaparte, Emperor (Mafia Goon), survived and wins the game.
springlullaby wins the game.

The mafia wins! Congratulations!
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 11:05 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

HUZZAH.