When is claiming expected/required

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Wed May 21, 2008 2:15 am

Post by mith »

(Assuming I'm town...)

If I am being bandwagoned/pressured solely for a claim, I will not claim. Players should be voting for who they want to lynch. Knowing up front that I'm not going to claim when faced with a bandwagon-to-claim usually discourages such a wagon ever forming.

Otherwise, it depends too much on the situation. It's pretty rare that I get close to being lynched.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Wed May 21, 2008 2:17 am

Post by mith »

On the flip side, if I'm voting for someone, it's never to get them to claim. In the rare event that I think someone should claim, I just make a case for that, not vote for them.

One of my biggest pet peeves in Mafia is when I'm going after someone for information purposes and rather than responding/answering my questions, they drop a claim because they get scared.

Certain roles should usually claim when they'll be lynched otherwise (Cops, Vigs, Masons), but they usually do so far too soon. I think players get all excited when they have a role that they think can save them through claiming and do so prematurely. Most roles, it
shouldn't
matter, and shame on towns for being too afraid to lynch claimed Doctors, Blockers, etc.
Last edited by mith on Wed May 21, 2008 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #20 (isolation #2) » Wed May 21, 2008 2:38 am

Post by mith »

Exceptions always apply.

Well...
almost
always. ;)