donkeyz12212 <- Iron Man

Not voting: Sideney, mike-zim, dcorbe.
With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch.
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:vote: Eldrich
This vote needs more
magic
! :)
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 12:51 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

oops sorry elmo xD

was posting from my cell

vote: eldritch
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by Mokina »

I need more information on EL, but for now I don't think I need to keep that vote. I am getting a strong new-town vibe; he clearly knows the rules and speaks eloquently, but gets hung up on some more advanced issues (i.e. no-lynch and random voting).

Unvote: Eldritch Lord

I'm still watching you, but like I said, holding a vote without reasoning is a bad move... and one I would be loath to commit.
"Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 2:02 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Thank you for posting a vote based on my playstyle rather than content or scum-clues and offering no actual reasoning right before a period when you know you'll have limited access to mafiascum.net It makes perfect sense.

Anyways, how about we give Snix a chance to voice his thoughts. There we go, Snix, open mic.
"Impatience is a great obstacle to success; he who treats everything with brusqueness gathers nothing, or only immature fruit which will never ripen."
-Napoleon I
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 2:20 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Also, could we get a
Prod: All Members Not Yet Posting
?
"Impatience is a great obstacle to success; he who treats everything with brusqueness gathers nothing, or only immature fruit which will never ripen."
-Napoleon I
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 2:22 pm

Post by Snix »

Eldritch Lord wrote:I don't think its suspicious at all, putting pressure on people is a good way to learn more about them (how they react, if they procrastinate or shrug responsibility, etc.), and more importantly how scummy they are(n't).
It's not a quick-lynch, it's just pressure. However, it is kind of odd that Mokina would defend random voting--but still concede that random lynching is bad.
Emphasis mine.

That's like comparing going up and poking someone to going up and stabbing them in the back. A random vote will not insta-kill anyone. A random lynch is just a horrible Idea for town. Why are you so keen on grouping the two when they are entirely different?

For buddying up with Mokina since early game, and because I think a MokinaXSnix scumpair is viable from what I've seen as of so far. Though, to be honest buddying up the way you have is probably a bit too obvious a scumtell to come from intelligent, experienced players such as yourselves. That is why I am voting for you, Snix, rather than Mokina; because although I am suspicious of the both of you--she has more votes and I would like to see how this ganging up you guys have thus far seemed fond of changes in reaction to this post rather than pushing for a lynch.
So you vote me for agreeing with someone, on something that is commonly accepted as true? How are people following you? So far your most convincing argument is that we both are voting you. We agree with each other, how is that wrong?

Who we really need to be looking at right now is TSN. He comes on after some comedical dayvig and promptly tells you to chill down and then votes me anyway without so much as a lick of his own reasoning.

My vote stands because anyone that attacks someone for an entirely OMGUS reason should be scrutinized.
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 2:43 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Eldritch Lord wrote:Thank you for posting a vote based on my playstyle rather than content or scum-clues and offering no actual reasoning right before a period when you know you'll have limited access to mafiascum.net It makes perfect sense.
I keep forgetting to add quotes to my posts, this was directed towards Darla.
Snix wrote:So you vote me for
agreeing with someone
, on something that is commonly accepted as true? How are people following you? So far your most convincing argument is that we both are voting you. We agree with each other, how is that wrong?
Neither of these agreements-the vote or the random-lynch is extraordinary by itself. But your stubborn resistance to let go of a vote that seems to be going nowhere thus far, combined with both of these agreements with Mokina is slightly suspicious. Mokina has backed off and shared the same reasoning as yourself (which you admit) and yet you refuse to back off. Has your logic reached a schism with Mokina's or are you covering your own ass rather than scumhunting? (Because if you truly believe that Mokina is still right, there is no reason you should be voting for me, so the only logical pro-Town answer would be that you no longer agree with Mokina.)
Snix wrote: Who we really need to be looking at right now is TSN. He comes on after some comedical dayvig and promptly tells you to chill down and then votes me anyway without so much as a lick of his own reasoning.

My vote stands because anyone that attacks someone for an entirely OMGUS reason should be scrutinized.
This almost screams self-interest that goes beyond finding the actual scum. Why would you "really need to be looking at TSN" and still hold your vote for me? 'Attacking' *read: Pressuring* someone for an entirely OMGUS action is more important than casting bandwagon votes without reasoning in your mind? Is it more scummy? {Eagerly awaiting your reply.}
-Napoleon I
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 2:46 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Eldritch Lord wrote:'Attacking' *read: Pressuring* someone for an entirely OMGUS action is more important than casting bandwagon votes without reasoning in your mind?
My ability to proofread escapes me for some reason, I meant to say:
'Attacking' *read: Pressuring* someone for an entirely OMGUS action is more important than casting bandwagon votes without vocalizing any of your reasoning?

Sorry for the pointless double post.
-Napoleon I
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 3:05 pm

Post by Snix »

Eldritch Lord wrote:Neither of these agreements-the vote or the random-lynch is extraordinary by itself. But your stubborn resistance to let go of a vote that seems to be going nowhere thus far, combined with both of these agreements with Mokina is slightly suspicious. Mokina has backed off and shared the same reasoning as yourself (which you admit) and yet you refuse to back off. Has your logic reached a schism with Mokina's or are you covering your own ass rather than scumhunting? (Because if you truly believe that Mokina is still right, there is no reason you should be voting for me, so the only logical pro-Town answer would be that you no longer agree with Mokina.)
If you believed someone was scum, had no one else that was on your radar, and yet still no one followed you; you'd give up? That's good hunting there.

You fail to see that the only thing we agreed on was that random voting was not scummy. Then, when you pushed the issue, I kept my vote because you over-reacted to a simple thing.

She thinks you're town now so yes, I guess, our new standings are different. I'm so glad you figured that out on your own.
This almost screams self-interest that goes beyond finding the actual scum. Why would you "really need to be looking at TSN" and still hold your vote for me? 'Attacking' *read: Pressuring* someone for an entirely OMGUS action is more important than casting bandwagon votes without reasoning in your mind? Is it more scummy? {Eagerly awaiting your reply.}
Yes, he could just be really dumb. You on the other hand have over-reacted to nothing. I attack a small set of ideals that is almost largely believed on this site as wrong and you go ballistic.

And if we're going to talk about contradictory votes why don't we talk about how you seem to distrust mokina more but are still voting me?
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Do not mistake game-motivating pressure for anger/passion. Truly, I have nothing against you for disagreeing with me on this random-lynch/random-vote issue, I have not attacked ZombieSlayer or Sideney for disagreeing with me. It is not personal, it is simply this:

1. The random vote you held for me even after you said donkey did something suspicious

2. The fact that you held that vote in synchrony with Mokina's until after I called it to light, which is when you chose to disagree with her.
3. The trap-question directed towards myself, a new player, that would have likely resulted in a quicker lynch if I had answered it in a manner not expected of Town. (Yes, I am new).
4. The fact that you are so quick to call your fellow townies "dumb", doubt their logic (Mokina), and claim that I also went ballistic on ZS and Sideney for disagreeing with me (if that's really the only reason I hate you, it would be true that I hate them as well) Despite the fact I think Mokina may possibly, might, kind of be scum--if you think she's town you shouldn't be so quick to doubt her logic, especially after agreeing with it for so long.
-Napoleon I
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 3:40 pm

Post by Snix »

1. I asked him if he was joking. I don't think I need to pressure him a vote for that.
2. I only disagree with her based on the fact she thinks you're town now, while I still do not.
3. You seemed to have gotten through it just fine for a newbie. And you haven't been acting like one this game at all. Don't try to play the poor newb act.
4. This is a game of doubt and distrust, if I just went along with who ever happened to have the same vote as me for about two pages then you'd have more of a leg to stand on. Neither of them are voting for you, why get angry at them? You keep bring up me agreeing with her. You're logic is flawed. I agreed with her on the fact and I'm going to capitalize it, bold and underline it
RANDOM VOTES ARE NOT SCUMMY.
That is all.

And you seem to be trying to make it pretty personal yourself. It's just a game, maybe you should calm down a bit.
Iron Man
Iron Man
Goon
Iron Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 3:47 pm

Post by Iron Man »

Wow, tension is high in here. Lighten up. It's only day one. If you keep this up, you'll all get an aneurysm by the end of the week.

(And if you dont know, an aneurysm is when a blood vessel pops in your brain for no apparent reason)
I'm back.
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 3:53 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Agreed, Iron Man; it's been a while since we've heard from some other players. I'll give them a chance to respond, assess the situation based on the reaction of the others.
-Napoleon I
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 4:56 pm

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

Eldritch Lord wrote:Thank you for posting a vote based on my playstyle rather than content or scum-clues and offering no actual reasoning right before a period when you know you'll have limited access to mafiascum.net It makes perfect sense.

Anyways, how about we give Snix a chance to voice his thoughts. There we go, Snix, open mic.
Ok, here begins my rant against Eldritch.

Content and scum-clues should NOT be used in deciphering who is scum? Only playstyle?

What the hell?

Or was that sarcasm? Kind of hard to tell.

If it was, play style is STILL a big thing in deciphering whether or not someone is scum.
Eldritch Lord]Neither of these agreements-the vote or the random-lynch is extraordinary by itself. But your stubborn resistance to let go of a vote that seems to be going nowhere thus far, combined with both of these agreements with Mokina is slightly suspicious. Mokina has backed off and shared the same reasoning as yourself (which you admit) and yet you refuse to back off. Has your logic reached a schism with Mokina's or are you covering your own ass rather than scumhunting? (Because if you truly believe that Mokina is still right, there is no reason you should be voting for me, so the only logical pro-Town answer would be that you no longer agree with Mokina.) [/quote] Ok, what the hell? Is someone now scummy just because they maintain a vote on someone they believe to be scummy when everyone else disagrees with them? Is having an opinion different from the majority now scummy? And just because they both agree on a few points does not necessarily mean they both agree on how scummy those points make someone seem. While we are on that, [b]FoS on Mokina[/b], for 52. She seemed to back off quite suddenly, and with no real reason. [quote= wrote: This almost screams self-interest that goes beyond finding the actual scum. Why would you "really need to be looking at TSN" and still hold your vote for me? 'Attacking' *read: Pressuring* someone for an entirely OMGUS action is more important than casting bandwagon votes without reasoning in your mind? Is it more scummy? {Eagerly awaiting your reply.}
Oh! I know! I know!

Because he considers both you and TSN scummy. He just considers you more scummy. In this game, you vote for who seems most scummy. In this case, you are the most scummy to Snix.

[quote="Eldritch Lord]1. The random vote you held for me even after you said donkey did something suspicious
3. The trap-question directed towards myself, a new player, that would have likely resulted in a quicker lynch if I had answered it in a manner not expected of Town. (Yes, I am new).
4. The fact that you are so quick to call your fellow townies "dumb", doubt their logic (Mokina), and claim that I also went ballistic on ZS and Sideney for disagreeing with me (if that's really the only reason I hate you, it would be true that I hate them as well) Despite the fact I think Mokina may possibly, might, kind of be scum--if you think she's town you shouldn't be so quick to doubt her logic, especially after agreeing with it for so long.[/quote]

1. Once again: He considers donkey scummy. He just considers you MORE scummy. Get it?

3. Ooo. Wow. "Clueless noob" excuse. You know, considering the fact that I have been here for less time than you, I think I have some kind of right to say that the "clueless noob" excuse is just pathetic, and/or scummy.

4. ...

I seriously, SERIOUSLY do NOT want to say anything about this post. The sheer... Ugh.

Ok, look. Just because we think somebody is town DOES NOT, I repeat, DOES NOT mean we necessarily agree with their logic! We may THINK that they are town, but we do NOT necessarily think they are RIGHT!

And, with that:

Unvote, Vote Eldritch Lord
HIS NAME IS SIR JEREMY WILKINS, AND THAT IS HOW YOU SHALL ADDRESS HIM!
donkeyz12212
donkeyz12212
Goon
donkeyz12212
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2008 2:21 am

Post by donkeyz12212 »

ack im here. Been busy for a bit. Will reply later tonight.
Citizen Win: 2 out of 3
Mafia Win: 1 out of 1
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2008 2:25 am

Post by Eldritch Lord »

ZombieSlayer54 wrote:Or was that sarcasm? Kind of hard to tell.

If it was, play style is STILL a big thing in deciphering whether or not someone is scum.
It was sarcasm, which was probably a poor choice on my part as sarcasm has a tendency to lose its value somewhere between the fingers and the keyboard. Still, if I were to say vote for you with no reasoning whatsoever, simply saying "I don't like his playstyle" which is exactly what Darla did, you wouldn't like it. That sarcasm was my way of asking her if she had any logical process she could share. So allow me to be more direct, Darla: Do you have any reason beyond "not liking my playstyle" for voting for me?
Mokina wrote:I'm still watching you, but like I said, holding a vote without reasoning is a bad move... and one I would be loath to commit.
She had no reason to hold the vote. FoS'ing her into hopping on your bandwagon seems like a tad too much.

Unvote

FoS: ZombieSlayer54

Popping once a day to post some giant rant, joining a bandwagon, and FoS'ing other people for already justified vote-drops does not a Townie make. (Mokina felt she had nothing to go on, and did say she would continue to watch me.) Snix still catches my eye, but I will reserve my judgment at this time, he made some good points regarding my logic. Something you failed to do, ZS--Your rant was nothing more than that, an emotionally zealous rant.
-Napoleon I
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2008 6:33 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

snix wrote: Who we really need to be looking at right now is TSN. He comes on after some comedical dayvig and promptly tells you to chill down and then votes me anyway without so much as a lick of his own reasoning.
Me thinking eldritch lord needs to calm down a little has nothing to do with me potentially agreeing with him. . . and you conveniently left out the later posts in which I did provide my reasoning.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2008 7:15 am

Post by dcorbe »

Sorry for the delay in posting guys. I confirmed my role PM and then completely forgot about the game.

I owe you a read, MTF...
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2008 7:52 am

Post by Mokina »

FoS: Sideney, mike-zim

A simple introduction would have been nice at the beginning, but it's just plain scummy to fly under the radar at this point. Please speak up and let us know what you think of the initial situation. Lurkers scare me.

At the moment, I hold my belief that Eldritch Lord is analytical new-town. This view may change, but I don't think I can join your wagon, Snix. I agree with everything you say about random voting and nolynch (the former is protown, the latter is anti-) but the fact that Eldritch is unaware of these conventions does not make him scum.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2008 9:09 am

Post by dcorbe »

Vote Mokina
wanna cyber? :)
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2008 9:52 am

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Mokina: How do you feel about ZombieSlayer and Snix?

Just out of curiosity.
-Napoleon I
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2008 11:09 am

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

Eldritch Lord wrote:
ZombieSlayer54 wrote:Or was that sarcasm? Kind of hard to tell.

It was sarcasm, which was probably a poor choice on my part as sarcasm has a tendency to lose its value somewhere between the fingers and the keyboard. Still, if I were to say vote for you with no reasoning whatsoever, simply saying "I don't like his playstyle" which is exactly what Darla did, you wouldn't like it. That sarcasm was my way of asking her if she had any logical process she could share. So allow me to be more direct, Darla: Do you have any reason beyond "not liking my playstyle" for voting for me?
Mokina wrote:I'm still watching you, but like I said, holding a vote without reasoning is a bad move... and one I would be loath to commit.
She had no reason to hold the vote. FoS'ing her into hopping on your bandwagon seems like a tad too much.

Unvote

FoS: ZombieSlayer54

Popping once a day to post some giant rant, joining a bandwagon, and FoS'ing other people for already justified vote-drops does not a Townie make. (Mokina felt she had nothing to go on, and did say she would continue to watch me.) Snix still catches my eye, but I will reserve my judgment at this time, he made some good points regarding my logic. Something you failed to do, ZS--Your rant was nothing more than that, an emotionally zealous rant.
I check in three times a day. It just so happens that when I checked in that time, a lot of posting had gone on. Therefore, I needed to respond to it then and there.

And you are telling me there was absolutely no logic in my statements?

Absolutely no logic in saying that while someone can consider two people scummy, they will vote for the person they seem to think is scummier?

Absolutely no logic in saying that while two people can agree on a point, this does not necessarily mean they agree on what a point implies or means?

Absolutely no logic in saying that someone who holds an opinion different from the majority is not necessarily scummy?

Absolutely no logic in disagreeing with the "clueless noob" excuse?

Absolutely no logic in saying that just because we think someone is town, that does not necessarily mean we agree with their logic?
HIS NAME IS SIR JEREMY WILKINS, AND THAT IS HOW YOU SHALL ADDRESS HIM!
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2008 11:25 am

Post by Eldritch Lord »

I see an exact, pointless repetition of Snix's logic combined with insulting, emotionally-charged monologue. Calm down.

Also, Mokina-my question stands.
-Napoleon I
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2008 5:13 pm

Post by Mokina »

EL wrote:Also, Mokina-my question stands.
ZombieSlayer54 and Snix both have the same general viewpoint, and it differs from mine. While we all agree that your perception of no-lynch and random voting is incorrect and antitown, I am under the impression that ZombieSlayer54 and Snix find it plain scummy. I don't, since you're obviously trying to analyze the situation calmly and you resemble several intelligent, new-town people I have played alongside in the past.

I would urge both of the abovementioned people to consider the possibility that he is simply new to the game. This is his first game on Mafiascum, and it's quite conceivable that he doesn't know about the nolynch/randomvote conventions.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2008 5:24 pm

Post by dcorbe »

Mokina wrote:
EL wrote:Also, Mokina-my question stands.
ZombieSlayer54 and Snix both have the same general viewpoint, and it differs from mine. While we all agree that your perception of no-lynch and random voting is incorrect and antitown, I am under the impression that ZombieSlayer54 and Snix find it plain scummy. I don't, since you're obviously trying to analyze the situation calmly and you resemble several intelligent, new-town people I have played alongside in the past.

I would urge both of the abovementioned people to consider the possibility that he is simply new to the game. This is his first game on Mafiascum, and it's quite conceivable that he doesn't know about the nolynch/randomvote conventions.
It's easy enough to confirm whether this is his first game or not. Look at his posting history.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”