DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 4:51 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I like>>>
Axelrod wrote:I still want Mathcan to claim for devious reasons of my own devising.
Very much.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 5:02 am

Post by Phoebus »

Also: We might want to decide how long we let discussion/day go on in general.

Anybody in charge of deadlines?
I'd rather not swim around in endless days...
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 5:03 am

Post by Adel »

I suddenly suspect that Emptiger edited zu's post, and that Sl is posting here with her permission.

I think we would be best off if we ignore both.

Wiki software would be the easiest way to detect changes in the game.

Go to http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... rel=-10000 to view all posts, select all text, then copy paste onto a wiki page. Once in awhile edit that wiki page, and then the history page for that wiki page will show any changes.

fyi.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 7:00 am

Post by Axelrod »

Okay, so, in the interests of "playing Mafia" let's take a closer look at this whole Mathcam Wagon, shall we?

First Vote, Post #9: From Macros. This is clearly a joke vote. Nothing to see here.

Second Vote, Post #13: From Phoebus. No explanation given. One assumes this is still simply a random vote.

Post #22 Pooky makes his announcement that he will vote for whoever Talitha votes for. Again, this is rather obviously a joke. I did fully expect him to follow up on this promise whenever Talitha voted though.

Third Vote: Talitha appears and votes Math. Again appears to be simply an initial random vote.

Fourth Vote: Pooky follow through on his threat to vote whoever Talitha votes for.

So it's quite true that Mathcam got up to 4 votes very quickly based really on nothing.

Mathcam himself has nothing to say about the fact he is at 4 votes in his next post. I'm not saying that he needed to say anything about it - as noted, the votes were pretty much worthless - but there it is.

Pooky then prods Mathcam a little bit, in what I would take to be (1) still a joke, but (2) also legitimate attempt to get a reaction out of another player.

Mathcam continue to ignore this particular situation in his
next post. I'm still not calling this scummy. Everything that has happened so far has been pretty much joking and no one is seriously questioning Mathcam, so him ignoring 4 votes is probably okay.

Talitha revotes Mathcam here, but again, it appears to be mainly a joke, with her try to mess with Adel's vote counting program script.

Now it gets interesting.

Post #76: Mathcam votes for Pooky. This, conversely to what has gone before, is not a joke vote. It's a serious vote based on Pooky's "disavowing" any responsibility for his own vote. It's almost like a delayed OMGUS vote, because it comes quite a bit after Pooky's vote, which Mathcam had previously ignored.

Pooky's response is here, which seems completely reasonable to me. Basically, what's the big deal?

Mathcam is a bit flippant in his response here.

Post #102: Mathcam appears to suddenly realize that he is actually at 4 votes for the first time. He expresses "confusion" over why he has 4 votes. For some reason he understands Macros's vote (joke), but doesn't understand that the other posts were equally joking/without reason 1st votes. He re-explains why he is voting for Pooky, but does not try to press that case, and goes on to talk about something else.

Fifth Vote: Elvis_knits. He has his own independant reason to vote Mathcam, which is what he perceives to be Mathcam's fear-mongering (my words).

Logicticus doesn't see the case here (and this would be the case that Elvis_knits was making, not anyone else, since no one else had made any kind of case at all).

Glork "more or less" agrees with Logic here. Asks weird question about the over/under for scum on the Mathcam wagon.

Macros confirms his vote was a joke vote here. Doesn't unvote though. Does not appear to be paying very close attention to the game.

Raj makes an interesting post here. He says Mathcam's last post is enough to convince him to vote Mathcam, but he won't do it yet because that would put Math at L-1. Says he'll wait until "tonight" so as not to rush the lynch.

This post is one of the main reasons I'm still voting for Raj. right now. It's really scummy.

Mathcam posts again here, and is still pushing the Pooky thing. This is another post of his that I don't like.

My next question is to Talitha, who hasn't said much up to this point.

Macros will Unvote at post #116. Mathcam is now at four votes.

'Cam continues to make a push against Pooky in #118.

Pooky comes back at #130 and now he appears to like his vote as a real vote. Says Mathcam's posts reek of scum who is frustrated he's getting voted for no good reason. This is not a completely unreasonable assesment, in my opinion.

Next Vote (vote #5 again): DGB. This appears to be in accordance with her newly announced strategy of voting someone to make something happen, regardless of reasons.

Elvis wants a Mathcam claim at #134.

Glork votes DGB at #135 for blindly pushing wagons.

Glork wants DGB to give him 5 reasons why Mathcam is scum in #139 (or 5 reasons why shamelessly bandwaggoning is good for the town)

DGB responds here. Actually comes up with seven reasons. Clearly these are slanted, not really being "objective" but from the perspective of someone who is trying to prove someone else is scum. I don't think they are all bad though. I didn't like when Mathcam asked for something "stronger" against DBG early on either. And I didn't like the delayed vote on Pooky which Mathcam seemed to push more and more as time went on.

Phoebus makes a long post at #153 which ends with him not changing his vote. I would
presume
at this point that his initial "random" vote has now been converted to a serious vote. It's very hard to tell exactly what his reasoning is in this post though because it's so confusingly written.

Sixth Vote at #154: Raj. Following through on his previous threat to vote. Says it's mainly "gut." Still scummy.

Glork agrees Mathcam should claim now that he's at L-1 in #155.

Pooky then switches his vote from Mathcam to Glork in #156. Doesn't like how Glork demanded that DGB give him 5 reasons Mathcam was scum. (Mathcam at 5 votes)

Shadowlurker votes Mathcam in #158 (only noted in case he isn't just being a dick)

Mathcam comes back and defends himself in #162.

Mathcam comes back again in #194 and switches his vote from Pooky to Raj. Exactly why he is switching is unclear because he's still all over Pooky in this post. It appears to me that Mathcam is moving on to a target of easier opportunity, as Raj. has gotten a couple of votes (one of which is my own). This post here is another big reason I am still asking Mathcam for a claim. I dislike the way he associates Raj, Glork, and DGB very much, and I don't like the way he refers to his role PM and argues why it would be pointless for him to claim.

Elvis switches his vote from Mathcam to Raj. in #200. (Mathcam now at 4 votes)

Adel says Mathcam shouldn't have to claim at
#211 since the wagon was pretty much BS from the beginning.

Talitha comes back and Unvotes in #214.

Mathcam is now at 3 votes, I believe. Phoebus, DBG, and Raj.

I throw my support towards a Mathcam claim in #220. The truth is that I thought Mathcam had more votes than he actually did at that point. But my reasons for asking for a claim are, in fact, independant of the votes.

That's where it is now. I don't know what the vote count is. I suspect Raj might be the vote leader. Maybe even DGB.

I would be happy with either a Raj claim or a Mathcam claim. I'm still voting Raj, and he hasn't done anything to make me want to change it. But I certainly could change it.

Someone needs to claim something.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 7:15 am

Post by Coron »

Hi guys, I have been/am busy this weekend with the whole finishing up high school and partying with my friends stuff, so I'll have plenty of time to vote count and stuff this week.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 7:46 am

Axelrod wrote:Someone needs to claim something.
Indeed.

In particular, mathcam.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 8:57 am

Post by mathcam »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
mathcam wrote:Don't you think it would be better to take a broader stance and examine all my posts not only for a claim...
Oh, so there's a claim. Where is it?
No, there isn't, as you would know if you had actually read the posts as I had suggested. I just thought you'd benefit by reading my posts in an attempt to understand the intricacies of the game rather that doggedly pursuing a single strategy whose detriment has been clearly explained in those posts.
Axelrod wrote: Someone needs to claim something.
For Pete's sake. Will someone
please
explain to me why? I just don't see what good Raj claiming would do for us, and I
can
see a detriment. If he reveals a mod power that it would be to scum's advantage to get rid of, then it obviously behooves us to keep it hidden. On the other hand, I doubt there's a mod power so vital to the continuing of the game that we wouldn't lynch someone we thought was scum just to hold on to that power.

Unless, of course, there's an affirmative answer to Tally's questions of whether we can re-assign mod powers.

Cam
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 9:55 am

mathcam wrote:For Pete's sake. Will someone
please
explain to me why?
BECAUSE... you have been specially selected.

That's how day 1 goes. We find someone reasonably scummy (you) and that someone claims. We hear the claim, and we decided whether we should hammer or not.

Again, your stubborn refusal to claim = super dooper godfatherrific scumbagorama.
mathcam wrote:I just don't see what good Raj claiming would do for us, and I
can
see a detriment.
Unbelievable. Of course, someone is going to claim something by the time this day is over. You think we can go a whole day 1 without anyone claiming?

We're playing mafia, not "stallfia" - claim please.

Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 12:01 pm

Post by Axelrod »

mathcam wrote:
Axelrod wrote: Someone needs to claim something.
For Pete's sake. Will someone
please
explain to me why? I just don't see what good Raj claiming would do for us, and I
can
see a detriment. If he reveals a mod power that it would be to scum's advantage to get rid of, then it obviously behooves us to keep it hidden. On the other hand, I doubt there's a mod power so vital to the continuing of the game that we wouldn't lynch someone we thought was scum just to hold on to that power.

Unless, of course, there's an affirmative answer to Tally's questions of whether we can re-assign mod powers.

Cam
So wait, you are voting for Raj., but you
don't
want him to claim?

You just want him to be lynched?
Shadowlurker wrote:Someone is trying to draw attention away to the fact that replacements are not possible in this game (see the fact that there was nothing said about replacements in the signup thread)
You have 2 choices here:
(1) Explain your presence in the game
(2) Leave

If you choose option (3): continue to just post whatever the hell I want without explaining anything - don't expect your posts to remain in the game. At least not in their current form.

See how mature I am being?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 12:32 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

ShadowLurker wrote:Man, I am annoying. Look at me! Me, Me, ME!!!!!
I don't think his post said this before...
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 1:21 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

lol, no it didnt.

but i wouldnt be suprised if someone else did it. its kinda funny, and true.
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 1:23 pm

Elvis, raj,

I love ShadowLurker too, marinated on a skewer. mathscum must claim. Let's get back to work.

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 1:56 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

You forgot to mention that if Mathcam was really going to vote me for Disavowment of Responsbility, he should've done it when I first disavowed(aka when i promised to follow tally) and not way afterwards after I vote him.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 1:56 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

oh i agree. i'm voteing for him and i think he should claim.

question the ones defending him.

ok so what should we do cam, as mature mafia players?
what do i do if i get to lynch -1? let you all lynch me?
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 1:56 pm

So Pooky, what you're saying, is that you want mathcam to claim?

Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 3:46 pm

Post by Axelrod »

Because I am bored, please allow me to present: A votecount! (unofficial, of course)

mathcam - 3 (phoebus, DGB, raj)
raj - 4 (Axelrod, Glork, mathcam, elvis)
DGB - 4 (Coron, logicitus, Macros, Adel)
Glork - 1 (Pooky)

Not Voting: Talitha

If we assume Pooky is willing to vote for Mathcam, then three people are essentially tied. I already said I could vote for Mathcam here as well.

Talitha, you may get the tie-breaker!
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 6:20 pm

Post by Adel »

I would love for a couple of people to switch their votes to DGB to give her a taste of her own medicine.

DGB you are at -4 to lynch! Why haven't you claimed yet!

oh, wait, was I supposed to say she is at lynch -1?

ok then:

DGB you are at -1 to lynch! Why haven't you claimed yet!
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 9:02 pm

I dont put much stock in claims.

i kinda just want him to die

but I want Glork to die more.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 9:07 pm

unvote

vote Mathcam

cuz noone seems to like Glork :(
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 1:10 am

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
unvote

vote Mathcam

cuz noone seems to like Glork :(
Don't worry Pooks, Glork is next.

And then, there's the Adel problem. Have you noticed how profoundly daft her more recent post is? I have.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 1:14 am

Also, the raj-wagon (Axelrod, Glork, mathcam, elvis) is complete and utter rubbish. And look! Both mathcam and Glork are riding it. Great distraction from mathcam!

And look further! Adel gave me a fourth vote. Given her dubious voting record in this game, that's one more strike in her favor. Another one that wants to distract from mathcam.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 2:56 am

Post by elvis_knits »

DrippingGoofball wrote:And then, there's the Adel problem. Have you noticed how profoundly daft her more recent post is? I have.
I agree about Adel. I don't see why people want you dead, DGB. I think you were unfairly singled out about the mathcam wagon.

I do not support DGB wagon.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 3:35 am

Post by Adel »

She misrepresented the number of votes on mathcam to fortify her case for getting a claim.

That is called rolefishing, and just because it is so obviously anti-town doesn't mean she won't do it as scum, I fully expect her to do it as scum just so she can feel extra special and smug about it.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 5:11 am

Post by logicticus »

Phoebus wrote:Also: We might want to decide how long we let discussion/day go on in general.

Anybody in charge of deadlines?
I'd rather not swim around in endless days...
I mean, why even bring this up. Discussion has not stalled, we have not been in this day for an extreme amount of time.

Its only in the scums benefit to limit discussion by putting in a deadline.
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 5:48 am

Post by Macros »

somebody deleted one of my posts
this game jsut gets fucking better
Oh the huge manatee!!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”