Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 3:06 pm

Post by Snix »

Yes but random voting makes discussion and lets us know more about people which will help us lynch more effectively. Are you saying we should vote no-lynch day one?
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 3:08 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Don't jump to conclusions, that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying that Day 1 has no deadline thus far, so there's no need to rush Day 1. Voting no-lynch is affordable on Day 1 when you have this many people, but that doesn't make it smart--it's still a pretty pro-Scum move.
"Impatience is a great obstacle to success; he who treats everything with brusqueness gathers nothing, or only immature fruit which will never ripen."
-Napoleon I
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 3:11 pm

Post by Mokina »

Eldritch Lord wrote:Still, I find random voting rather scummy, why would we eliminate one of our members by voting for them if we didn't know anything about them--or hardly anything. There's a greater chance the person will come up Town. So, until we know more, since we have no deadline I'm going to try to avoid setting up an easy hammer.
Well put. You're completely right; random lynching is pointless and idiotic on the part of the town. But random voting almost never entails a lynch. At risk of cliche, it simply serves to spur discussion. Questions arise from random voting:

"Why did you vote for me? That's a stupid reason; you're just trying to lynch a newbie. Look, a bandwagon! Do you think so-and-so is trying to follow the town? Do you think so-and-so is scum?"

The people accused of "acting scummy during random voting" then defend themselves. Think of it this way; it's impossible to make an informed decision at this stage, but there's also nothing to talk about (and thus it's hard to become informed). Enter random voting.
"Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 3:11 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Hm, after re-reading my post to see if I caused any confusion, I realized that I specifically stated that I meant we should wait because we have no deadline on Day 1.

Please read my posts completely.
"Impatience is a great obstacle to success; he who treats everything with brusqueness gathers nothing, or only immature fruit which will never ripen."
-Napoleon I
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

That was directed towards Snix, just to be clear.
-Napoleon I
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 3:45 pm

Post by Snix »

It was a question. A simple trap laden question, but a question none the less. No need to get so defensive.

I also don't think that no-lynch is affordable. Every lynch, scum lynch or not, gives information to the living the next day. Like who hammered the lynch, who pushed the lynch, who was just along for the ride. All very good sources of information. I don't see a real point for voting no lynch unless everything is split and a deadline will just have the person with the most lynches lynched.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 4:51 pm

Post by Lowell »

unvote, vote mokina
for correcting me.

Oh, and hi.
donkeyz12212
donkeyz12212
Goon
donkeyz12212
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 4:57 pm

Post by donkeyz12212 »

That puts Mokina at a L-4

I think it takes 7 to lynch correct?

Still time. Are you nervous at all Mokina? How are you feeling.
Citizen Win: 2 out of 3
Mafia Win: 1 out of 1
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 4:59 pm

Post by Snix »

Please say you're joking donkeyz.

Otherwise that'd me mildly suspicious.
donkeyz12212
donkeyz12212
Goon
donkeyz12212
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 5:26 pm

Post by donkeyz12212 »

How is that suspicious? I'm just indicating the obvious

12 players, 7 players to vote mokina to lynch. Simply it.

Just questioning Mokina and her thoughts, thats all at this present time since she is the one with the most lynch votes against her (3)
Citizen Win: 2 out of 3
Mafia Win: 1 out of 1
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 6:05 pm

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

I "dayvigged" lowell because like for him, he was one of the only players I knew.

I could've just voted for him, but, y'know, it was the very first post of the game, so its not like it mattered too much.

Mokina, eldritch lord, and donkeyz all need to chill just a tad. No one's in any danger of being lynched. But eldritch: even
suggesting
no-lynch is anti-town at this stage of the game.
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 6:11 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

I don't think its suspicious at all, putting pressure on people is a good way to learn more about them (how they react, if they procrastinate or shrug responsibility, etc.), and more importantly how scummy they are(n't). It's not a quick-lynch, it's just pressure. However, it is kind of odd that Mokina would defend random voting--but still concede that random lynching is bad.

Vote Snix

For buddying up with Mokina since early game, and because I think a MokinaXSnix scumpair is viable from what I've seen as of so far. Though, to be honest buddying up the way you have is probably a bit too obvious a scumtell to come from intelligent, experienced players such as yourselves. That is why I am voting for you, Snix, rather than Mokina; because although I am suspicious of the both of you--she has more votes and I would like to see how this ganging up you guys have thus far seemed fond of changes in reaction to this post rather than pushing for a lynch.
-Napoleon I
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 6:21 pm

Undayvig, vote snix.

In spite of having just told him to chill out, I approve of eldritch lord's product and/or service.
sideney
sideney
Goon
sideney
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 6:54 pm

Post by sideney »

Eldritch Lord wrote:
Vote Snix

For buddying up with Mokina since early game, and because I think a MokinaXSnix scumpair is viable from what I've seen as of so far. Though, to be honest buddying up the way you have is probably a bit too obvious a scumtell to come from intelligent, experienced players such as yourselves. That is why I am voting for you, Snix, rather than Mokina; because although I am suspicious of the both of you--she has more votes and I would like to see how this ganging up you guys have thus far seemed fond of changes in reaction to this post rather than pushing for a lynch.
At page 2 and you have a scum pair? And , moreover, you have someone that agree with you. If this wan't too idiot i can think that you and TheSweatpantsNinja are the scum.
Show
As Town 2/3 Lose with 1/2 nk and 1/2 lynched.
As Scum 1/3 Win but 1/1 Lynch
As doc 1 time.
As cop 1 time.
I'm a fucking noob!
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 6:56 pm

Um, who can spot the blatant contradiction in that statement?

For the record, I doubt mokina and snix are the scum, snix is the noteworthy person for me.
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 1:42 am

Post by Eldritch Lord »

To not have a scumpair at any given time is a waste, I find it more efficient to put specific people under near-ludicrous scrutiny rather than kind of scan over everyone and have a chance of missing the scum.

Also, I don't agree at all with TSN until this page, rather than doing it from the start of the game. We have different interests, the common one is getting some pressure on Snix. I actually have something to go on, although I'd like to hear his reasoning a bit more.
-Napoleon I
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 2:10 am

Post by Mokina »

donkeyz wrote:Just questioning Mokina and her thoughts, thats all at this present time since she is the one with the most lynch votes against her (3)
I feel mildly betrayed, thanks.
Eldritch wrote:However, it is kind of odd that Mokina would defend random voting--but still concede that random lynching is bad.
I hold onto this position quite firmly. Random voting allows us to see people's defense/accusation tactics without anything significant at stake. It's scummy to keep a random vote for a long time, but it's protown to encourage discussion (I know, I've said it a billion times before).
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 2:14 am

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

Eldritch Lord wrote:
There's nothing wrong with a good ol' bandwagon now and then. Apart from the discussion aspect, bandwagons are a useful scumhunting tool. And don't think you're above it; you just bandwagoned with donkeyz12212 against me.
I'm not going to push it, however, as I don't really have anything to go on besides the fact that you voted for me. Still, I find random voting rather scummy,
why would we eliminate one of our members by voting for them if we didn't know anything about them--or hardly anything.
There's a greater chance the person will come up Town. So, until we know more, since we have no deadline I'm going to try to avoid setting up an easy hammer.

Unvote

Slight FoS: Mokina
There is a HUGE difference between random voting and random lynching. HUGE difference.
HIS NAME IS SIR JEREMY WILKINS, AND THAT IS HOW YOU SHALL ADDRESS HIM!
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 2:16 am

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

Eldritch Lord wrote:
So does any form of talking, assuming both sides of the discussion are willing to converse.

Vote: Mokina

Bandwagoning with a parenthetical excuse is still bandwagoning.
Because talking about the numerical value of pi in a Mafia game serves to prompt discussion...

:roll:
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 2:23 am

Post by Mokina »

3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751058209749445923078164062862089986280348...

...nope, not working.

In all seriousness, putting pressure on players (even if there's no concrete reason to do so) is the only way to provoke discussion about another person's tactics. For instance, if it's random, why did they pick that player? It looks scummy to pick a newb, etc.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 2:24 am

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

Eldritch Lord wrote:I don't think its suspicious at all, putting pressure on people is a good way to learn more about them (how they react, if they procrastinate or shrug responsibility, etc.), and more importantly how scummy they are(n't). It's not a quick-lynch, it's just pressure. However, it is kind of odd that Mokina would defend random voting--but still concede that random lynching is bad.

Vote Snix

If that quote was responding to 35...
35 wrote:But eldritch: even suggesting no-lynch is anti-town at this stage of the game.
How is no lynching putting pressure on someone?

Maybe because there is a HUGE difference between random voting and random lynching? HUGE difference?

When both people scum hunt and share the same logic, they are scum buddies?

Although I will agree that 33 and 15 are slightly suspicious.
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 2:39 am

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Yes, perhaps I voiced my opinion a bit too strongly, or worded it in the wrong manner. Allow me to clarify ZS, I don't want a random lynch or a no lynch, I don't think it would be a good idea.

And yes, they are slightly suspicious which is why I have turned a majority of my focus towards them. No one else has done something that catches my eye as much as this--though Mokina does seem to be earnest enough.
-Napoleon I
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 5:57 am

I agree with you about snix's buddying up to mokina, I think it unlikely to make them scumbuddies. It is more likely to make snix scum.

And yes, there is a difference between random votes and random lynches. One is fine, if a tad boring (although I started off by random dayvigging, so really, what do I know?), and the other is bad.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by Lowell »

unvote, vote snix
. To give Eldrich's ideas some legs.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 12:12 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

vote: Eldrich ... don't like your play style thus far.

I will be somewat L/A until wed eve.
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”