Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 9:45 am

Post by Incognito »

Checking in mainly to let everyone know I'm still here. This game is bugging me though since I feel like there's a whole half of people that I have absolutely no preliminary reads on. I still like my Mizzy vote even though I feel kinda cruel keeping my vote on a new mother lol.

MafiaSSK, can you elaborate a bit more as to
why
you think those people are pro-town? Also, is what Patrick said about me seeming more passive in this game the same thing you were getting at with respect to my play here and my play in 539?
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 10:17 am

Post by Patrick »

Ether wrote:(Something's wrong if I can't hold my own without relying on that half of the meta, and it's embarrassing. Patrick, tell him it's embarrassing.)
It's true. She finds it embarassing.
Ether wrote:His post is an evil wall of text, but I blame myself more for not having the patience to sift through it than him for not posting a summary. Though he should. And vote someone. When he's done reading all these games he's requested, I guess. Loony. How long is this gonna take?
I'm sure you've read through posts longer than that one.
Ether wrote:Patrick/Glork, what do you think of that post?
It struck me as rather noncommital, although to be fair, that kind of analysis often does early in the game. I look forward to his next post.
Incognito wrote:This game is bugging me though since I feel like there's a whole half of people that I have absolutely no preliminary reads on.
This makes me feel marginally better.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 12:04 pm

Post by Glork »

Ether wrote:Glork's town tell
I am bemused. And mildly curious. You almost certainly won't tell me, though.

Anyway, PF's post seemed rather "meh" to me. Like Patrick, I'd like to see more from him down the road, if he doesn't perish today.

I could in principle support a hascow lynch.

In general, I am surprisingly apathetic with regards to this game so far. I plan on re-reading in the not-too-distant future.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 12:14 pm

Post by Patrick »

She's referring to your towntell on roland, where he labels 3 players as protown.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 12:20 pm

Post by Ether »

Post 174, hasdgfas wrote:If you're talking about Glork finding him town, I simply can't agree with that at this point.
What do you think of SSK? What did you think of Mizzy prior to her Gabe-card?
Post 176, Patrick wrote:I'm sure you've read through posts longer than that one.
Hmph. If so, it's because the paragraphs are smaller and/or there's a summary.

I think all of the metas he promised imply that they're going to, like, come up again; I acknowledge that my unvote was more to await his follow-up than for that specific post. What do you think of hasdgfas?
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 12:38 pm

Post by Patrick »

Ether wrote:What do you think of hasdgfas?
I'm not impressed with his suspicions: the roland one especially just looks like he's going through the motions, asking roland to post more, when OGML told us 4 days previously that roland was being replaced. The Glork one is meh, I think he's holding onto the goading thing a bit too long. The PF one seems more theoretical than anything really based on suspicion. Not particularly happy with him, but still prefer my vote on PokerFace at the moment.

For some reason, Tarhalindur reading Pokerface as town bugs me. I might come back to it later.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 3:09 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Patrick wrote: the roland one especially just looks like he's going through the motions, asking roland to post more, when OGML told us 4 days previously that roland was being replaced.
Huh, well how about that. I completely missed that before.
Ether wrote:
Post 174, hasdgfas wrote:If you're talking about Glork finding him town, I simply can't agree with that at this point.
SSK. That's the one who I couldn't remember before. I didn't like his post #5 or #7. I don't like lists of people that someone finds protown unless they're specifically asked what they think about a person. I especially don't like it when it's just on "vibes." I mean, it's understandable that we somewhat want to find town, but it's more important to find scum, which SSK hasn't done at all. Looking closer at him, I feel comfortable with an
unvote, vote: mafiaSSK

Mizzy: except for her post #10 with all the qualifiers, she seems to be acting normally for her, so I'm not thinking she's scum at the moment.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 1:44 pm

Post by Incognito »

hasdgfas, I really don't understand your recent vote on MafiaSSK or any of the content of your past few posts. Back in Post 164 you mentioned that you were most suspicious of rolandgarros, Glork, PokerFace, and this fourth person who you couldn't remember (we now know this to be MafiaSSK). You seem to be basing your vote on SSK on the fact that he created a pro-town list of people based on vibes and hasn't done any form of scum-hunting. Glork also made a pro-town list of people with at least one of those people on his list being based on gut and according to you he hasn't done much scum-hunting either but you've never voted for him or even FoS-ed him. Is there any reason why?

The other thing I'm bothered by is you've claimed that you're suspicious of PF because he is making an attempt to meta-game people. But in two of your past three posts, you've referenced meta-statements to either clear or voice your disapproval about people:
hasdgfas, in post 181, wrote:Mizzy: except for her post #10 with all the qualifiers, she seems to be acting normally for her, so I'm not thinking she's scum at the moment.
hasdgfas, in post 164, wrote:Glork is....slightly off. I've seen him in other games (though not necessarily played with him), and in this game, he just seems to be playing differently than normal.
Why is it suspicious for PokerFace to be meta-gaming people when you've included meta-analysis in your own posts? Is there a difference between how he's done it and how you are doing it?
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 2:50 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Incognito wrote:hasdgfas, I really don't understand your recent vote on MafiaSSK or any of the content of your past few posts. Back in Post 164 you mentioned that you were most suspicious of rolandgarros, Glork, PokerFace, and this fourth person who you couldn't remember (we now know this to be MafiaSSK). You seem to be basing your vote on SSK on the fact that he created a pro-town list of people based on vibes and hasn't done any form of scum-hunting. Glork also made a pro-town list of people with at least one of those people on his list being based on gut and according to you he hasn't done much scum-hunting either but you've never voted for him or even FoS-ed him. Is there any reason why?
Incog, he's on my list of suspicions, so that equates into a FoS for everyone on it, even though I might not have formally said so. The reason I'm not voting him is that I'm currently suspicious of him mostly on gut, not enough to get a good case on him, but if you'd prefer a formal FoS, I can do that too.
incog wrote: Why is it suspicious for PokerFace to be meta-gaming people when you've included meta-analysis in your own posts? Is there a difference between how he's done it and how you are doing it?
Well, my problem with him is that he seems to only be meta-ing, and I really don't like that. I use meta as some of my arguments, but not as everything I do for the whole game.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 6:08 pm

Post by Erg0 »

I'm assuming (hoping) that we'll see a bit more from Poker once he's got this meta thing sorted out. I don't recall seeing him use meta as his sole source of information anywhere else. Yes, I'm meta-ing his meta-ing.

Glork does seem very disconnected from proceedings so far. I was kind of hoping for a couple more votes to follow mine, but that doesn't look like happening at this point.

I'm not a big fan of Tar's play so far, he looks a lot like his SK self from Mini 545.

I think I could see hasdgfas and MafiaSSK as buddies, based on the timing of hasdgfas' vote. Either that or hasdgfas is looking for a viable alternative wagon now that he's coming under pressure. I'm generally opposed to serious wagons on players like SSK at the start of the game, unless they have a history of only lurking as scum. I also feel like hasdgfas would have gone after Glork a little harder if he were town.

A week until deadline, time to get things moving methinks.

Unvote, Vote: hasdgfas
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 12:43 am

Post by PokerFace »

Just checking in to let you know I finished up reading through those games late yesterday. My eyes hurt so bad I wanted to gouge them out with a spoon. I'll be posting later tonight when I get off work. I'll comment on what has been going on recently and if there is any relevant meta info involved, I'll mention that aswell.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 1:35 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Incognito wrote:
MafiaSSK, can you elaborate a bit more as to
why
you think those people are pro-town? Also, is what Patrick said about me seeming more passive in this game the same thing you were getting at with respect to my play here and my play in 539?
They really just give off that vibe from their posts. I can't identify certain things from there. And yes I have to agree with Patrick on that point.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 1:38 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

hasdgfas wrote:
Ether wrote:
SSK. That's the one who I couldn't remember before. I didn't like his post #5 or #7. I don't like lists of people that someone finds protown unless they're specifically asked what they think about a person. I especially don't like it when it's just on "vibes." I mean, it's understandable that we somewhat want to find town, but it's more important to find scum, which SSK hasn't done at all. Looking closer at him, I feel comfortable with an
unvote, vote: mafiaSSK

I've actually been trying. I just have so many school projects right now that its hard to do a reread.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 1:42 am

Post by Patrick »

Quick check in post, internet access at home is down at the moment, so I'm on limited access, and currently in a rush. From what I've seen since I last looked, the hascow wagon looks fine, and unless I'm missing something, his comment to Incognito didn't really explain the double standard shown between mafiaSSK and Glork.

I think Mizzy and Elmo really need to post. Hopefully I'll be back soon.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 2:29 am

Post by Ether »

Post 181, hasdgfas wrote:Mizzy: except for her post #10 with all the qualifiers, she seems to be acting normally for her, so I'm not thinking she's scum at the moment.
Gabe would be a valid excuse, but I don't think
this
is true.

Mizzy's posts of content (brown is metagaming):
Post 8/81, Mizzy wrote:The random phase really didn't last that long, so there's no reason for me to still have a vote out there at the moment.
Unvote.

I'm mainly just sitting back with some popcorn and watching the whole Ether <--> Glork thing going on.
Neither of one of them are acting out of character, I think, so as of yet, I have no opinions on who is scummy.
Post 9/89, Mizzy wrote:Quick update on my thoughts: After looking back over the few posts Ether has made so far, I get a pro-town read of her.
She's acting (so far) like I would expect an Ethertown to act.
Granted, we're only on page 4. But I don't think that her stretching on Glork makes her scummy, yet.
Post 10/92, Mizzy wrote:My point was that it's page-fucking-4. I don't have much to go on for the moment, and later evidence changes things, as it is wont to do.
I simply wanted to express the sentiment that Ether is the same gung-ho shit-stirrer that I met her as in PYP way back when. And she was town then. So initial read = town.

[...]
Post 12/99, Mizzy wrote:
Glork I haven't played with before more than one day so it's harder for me to judge, but I'd go pro-town for the moment, also.
[quote="Post 13/113, Mizzy ("Don't clear Roland")"]If I use the word "hebetudinous" to describe your brain when you made the correlation between big words and pro-town, does that make me pro-town, too?[/quote]
Post 15/137, Mizzy (defensive, as opposed to offensive) wrote:I am scumhunting, which is why I asked for a reason for a vote on me when none was offered. No one else seems to give a shit that we have a lot of that going on.
Post 17/143, Mizzy (when prompted) wrote:I've got my eye on Poker for the moment, in part because of his #122. I can see having an exchange make you want a closer look but the whole jealousy conversation I think got taken way too far and I think it's more a distraction than scumhunting. I don't really think there's anything Glork could really have or know that would make Ether jealous and even if there was, I don't see that it would make either scum.
I for one am seeing a heavy emphasis on metagaming here--I think it's a stretch to call 113 and 137 content, and 143 required my prompting. Do you disagree?
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 5:22 am

Post by Mizzy »

Mod:
Sorry, Gabe is sick and he's not sleeping much right now. Please consider me on V/LA until he's feeling better and I can actually function again. Feel free to replace me if you think it's needed.
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 11:32 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Well, I'm back. I'm exhausted right now so i only really skimmed through. I believe I will be able to read over what I missed tomorrow.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2008 7:11 am

Post by scotmany12 »

hasdgfas wrote:
Incognito wrote:hasdgfas, I really don't understand your recent vote on MafiaSSK or any of the content of your past few posts. Back in Post 164 you mentioned that you were most suspicious of rolandgarros, Glork, PokerFace, and this fourth person who you couldn't remember (we now know this to be MafiaSSK). You seem to be basing your vote on SSK on the fact that he created a pro-town list of people based on vibes and hasn't done any form of scum-hunting. Glork also made a pro-town list of people with at least one of those people on his list being based on gut and according to you he hasn't done much scum-hunting either but you've never voted for him or even FoS-ed him. Is there any reason why?
Incog, he's on my list of suspicions, so that equates into a FoS for everyone on it, even though I might not have formally said so. The reason I'm not voting him is that I'm currently suspicious of him mostly on gut, not enough to get a good case on him, but if you'd prefer a formal FoS, I can do that too.
I don't get this. What you are attacking SSK has done, so has Glork. But yet your suspicions of Glork is mostly gut...Why should they be held to separate standards? When SSK posts a short list of who he has town vibes from, its scummy. Glork also does this, but yet your suspicion on him is still gut? Care to explain...
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2008 7:46 am

Post by Glork »

Less than a week left; let's get some action going.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2008 10:51 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

6th vote count
hasdgfas - 3 (Ether, Erg0, Glork)
Erg0 - 2 (MafiaSSK, Tarhalindur)
PokerFace - 1 (Patrick)
Tarhalindur - 1 (scotmany12)
Mizzy - 1 (Incognito)
MafiaSSK - 1 (hasdgfas)

Not Voting - 3 (Elmo, Mizzy, PokerFace)

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Current deadline: May 29th, 1:00 PM EST
Last edited by OhGodMyLife on Tue May 20, 2008 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2008 10:56 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Prodding Tarhalindur, Elmo and OhGodMyLife

/prodded. Super sorry about the long absence. Spent the last few days graduating and then driving from New Orleans to New Jersey, and didn't have internet access in places I expected to.

Deadline will be extended three days, to the 29th of May.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2008 11:52 am

Post by hasdgfas »

SSK hasn't contributed
anything
else useful, while Glork has at least been active and useful.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2008 2:20 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Ether wrote:I for one am seeing a heavy emphasis on metagaming here--I think it's a stretch to call 113 and 137 content, and 143 required my prompting. Do you disagree?
And you think this is scummy why?
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2008 2:37 pm

Post by Ether »

Heh.

I see hasdgfas providing a double-standard in Mizzy's favor (she's practically all metagaming, which he's supposed to hate) and, as noted earlier in the post you quoted, lying about the consistency of her play. I think this implies an association.

Why do you ask?
As I move my vote
LOUDER
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2008 3:23 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Sorry I did not post last night. I fell asleep in my computer chair and just barely woke up with enough time to go to work today.

MafiaSSK who do you suspect?
MafiaSSK wrote:Okay then quick response to everything.
I find Ergo,Mizzy,Glork,Patrick to be protown. The rest I'm curious about especially Incognito.
If you find Erg0 town for some unknown reason I'd like to know why you are still voting him, because at the moment I believe this statement is very much true about you.
Patrick wrote:...and I too would like some elaboration on his townlist, since
it's possible [MafiaSSK] just saw Glork's comment on roland and tried to look protown by labelling a third of the game as protown.
Reasonably happy with his comment on Incognito, who does seem more passive than I'm used to seeing from him. Not particularly scummy to me.

I am not a fan of the hasdgfas wagon atm. I understand some of his reasons since there are differences between those players, though It would be good to see hasdfgas respond to Ether's post 189.
Post 181, hasdgfas wrote:Mizzy: except for her post #10 with all the qualifiers, she seems to be acting normally for her, so I'm not thinking she's scum at the moment.
I kinda thought hasdgfas was trying to convey his general view of Mizzy's play in the context of how hadfgas views Mizzy's usual play, but we'll see what hasdgfas says. I already mentioned that Mizzy's play does not feel like what I'm used to.

I also don't quite understand the point Erg0 is getting at.
Erg0 wrote:I'm assuming (hoping) that we'll see a bit more from Poker once he's got this meta thing sorted out. I don't recall seeing him use meta as his sole source of information anywhere else. Yes, I'm meta-ing his meta-ing.

Glork does seem very disconnected from proceedings so far. I was kind of hoping for a couple more votes to follow mine, but that doesn't look like happening at this point.

I'm not a big fan of Tar's play so far, he looks a lot like his SK self from Mini 545.

I think I could see hasdgfas and MafiaSSK as buddies, based on the timing of hasdgfas' vote. Either that or hasdgfas is looking for a viable alternative wagon now that he's coming under pressure. I'm generally opposed to serious wagons on players like SSK at the start of the game, unless they have a history of only lurking as scum. I also feel like hasdgfas would have gone after Glork a little harder if he were town.

A week until deadline, time to get things moving methinks.

If you think hasdgfas is scum with MafiaSSK then you seem to be implying that you suspect MafiaSSK. Aside from his general lurking and low content posting, are there other reasons you suspect him? If part of your case on cow is some association with MafiaSSK then wouldn't it make sence to pursue any suspicions you have on MafiaSSK aswell? It more so appears like you are giving up on the Glork wagon and trying to find a viable alternative.

With the extra time OGML just gave us I don't think it is necessary to hurry a lynch on hasdfgas.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”