Singing Librarian
Singing Librarian
Goon
Singing Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 11:19 pm

Post by Singing Librarian »

Mr Stoofer, I *am* voting at the moment, because I believe I have found a lead. However, others don't seem to agree. I was speaking in general terms.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 6:37 am

Post by hasdgfas »

lord_hur wrote:Hmm... personally, I think one of the things that would benefit town the most would be to understand how this partial-reveal thing works, why SlySly's role was revealed but not the others'.
If you think this is a good idea, do you have any leads? Or do you want everyone else to try to figure this out without you?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Musher333
Musher333
Goon
Musher333
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 8:22 am

Post by Musher333 »

Well Stoofer, i don't think it is to good of an idea to rush things, i would rather see what comes of the next week and then i will try and find the small tells.
Musher-scum would not be clever enough to do something like this- Strife 220
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 6:10 pm

Post by lord_hur »

hasdgfas wrote:
lord_hur wrote:Hmm... personally, I think one of the things that would benefit town the most would be to understand how this partial-reveal thing works, why SlySly's role was revealed but not the others'.
If you think this is a good idea, do you have any leads? Or do you want everyone else to try to figure this out without you?
Or maybe I am a newbie who got blamed for trying to figure out things at the start of the game and who now wants to be sure that this will not happen again, by posting only the idea at first ?

But noooo you're right, I'm just being lazy.

Ok, since nobody said anything against the idea, here's my thoughts so far . We need to determine the condition triggering the reveal. It could be :

- random : i don't like it ; no way to prove or invalidate it
- pro-town revealed : unlikely, as kabenon was not revealed night 0 and I have trouble imagining a blocked NK + a wild vig
- a role who "tags" people as going to be revealed when they die : unlikely
- vanilla revealed : not much flavor to this solution (and bad for town), but possible
- ... (I'm sure there are more possibilities)
All lurkers unite! And jump off the nearest cliff. Now.
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 9:07 pm

Post by thevampireofdusseldorf »

This is a diversion from the main goal and of no benefit so sit and speculate about.
Even if we think we know the reveal game we still need to find someone to lynch. Leave guardian aside as unknown alignment and look for some scum peoples.
Yes I should be more active and I will do a big post in the next few days achieving this aim.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 9:23 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

I agree with tvod. There is no way we can work out why some roles were revealed and some weren't. And even if we did work it out, how would that catch scum?

If you haven't got any suspects:
go back and re-read the thread until you find one!!

Musher333 wrote:Well Stoofer, i don't think it is to good of an idea to rush things, i would rather see what comes of the next week and then i will try and find the small tells.
I am so happy that I am voting you. The idea that we should just wait a week, and see if any "small tells" magically appear, is nonsensical. You have no defence to your Scum-slip except "please wait to see if anyone else makes a mistake".
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 9:39 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Also, this game sucks.

2 players who need replacement, and loads of players who want to sit and do nothing rather than find Scum. :(

Can't we just
try
to get the game moving? Can't everyone at least vote for their best guess and see where we go from there?

Otherwise this game can never end and I'll just quit it. Seriously. What is the point of playing if only 2 or 3 players are even trying to work out who is the Scum?
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 9:55 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Player Status Reports
:

Trying to find Scum, voting for their best guess

Mr Stoofer
Singing Librarian
thevampireofdusseldorf

MIA, need to be replaced

PyroDwarf
Shin Hatsubai

Non-commital, causing the game to die

HackerHuck
hasdgfas
lord_hur
Musher333
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 12:18 am

Post by lord_hur »

Mr Stoofer wrote:I agree with tvod. There is no way we can work out why some roles were revealed and some weren't. And even if we did work it out, how would that catch scum?
You asked for ideas, I gave one.

I know you are SO sure of Guardian's being scum, but I am not. Knowing it for sure would greatly influence the way I see the game.

I personally do not think Musher333 is behaving scummy ; to me he is being pretty consistent with the way he played in last game.

Right now I suspect :

- Mr Stoofer (mainly for trying to establish Guardian as known scum while we still have no certainty about it)
- hasdgfas (lack of agressiveness and low actual content posted)
- HackerHuck (low content, in post 427 he attacks hasdgfas for appearing too convinced about Guardian's scumminess, but no word on Mr Stoofer who claims to be absolutely sure, and lastly the second part of his last post is exactly what I picture scum would say to appear townish)

These are not decisive arguments though.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 12:21 am

Post by lord_hur »

Ah well, anyway there are still a lot of players and he has no vote on him.

Vote HackerHuck
Musher333
Musher333
Goon
Musher333
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 3:45 am

Post by Musher333 »

Stoofer, you say the only people who are playing to hunt scum are those who have said i look scummy, i am not the only one who people can vote for you know, Stoofer is looking really scummy right now, not sure if i already am voting for him but if not then
Vote: Stoofer
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 4:18 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Musher333 wrote:Stoofer, you say the only people who are playing to hunt scum are those who have said i look scummy, i am not the only one who people can vote for you know, Stoofer is looking really scummy right now, not sure if i already am voting for him but if not then
Do you mind explaining why Stoofer is looking scummy?, because this looks like a scum lashing out at someone who has caught them.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 6:29 am

Post by lord_hur »

Musher333 wrote:Stoofer, you say the only people who are playing to hunt scum are those who have said i look scummy, i am not the only one who people can vote for you know, Stoofer is looking really scummy right now, not sure if i already am voting for him but if not then
Yes, you can't expect to get away with saying someone is "really scummy" without a good reason to back it up.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 6:24 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

lord_hur wrote:Ah well, anyway there are still a lot of players and he has no vote on him.

Vote HackerHuck
Way to vote with one foot on the way out the door. You're being awfully non-committal for placing a vote.

I actually did comment on Mr. Stoofer. I'm quite torn about his alignment because I actually agree with much of what he's said, but I have this nagging feeling that he's playing me/us. I'd really rather not place a vote based solely on gut right now, so I'm not going to vote for Mr Stoofer.

Yet again, I agree with Mr Stoofer about Musher. When I read his post asking to slow down, that really rubbed me the wrong way. We've been handcuffed by a useless discussion at the beginning of the day and a lack of activity - I'm well aware that I'm a major contributor to that inactivity. Sitting around not talking can be fixed by getting a wagon going, especially with someone who appears scummy.

Vote: Musher
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 11:41 pm

Post by lord_hur »

HackerHuck wrote:
lord_hur wrote:Ah well, anyway there are still a lot of players and he has no vote on him.

Vote HackerHuck
Way to vote with one foot on the way out the door. You're being awfully non-committal for placing a vote.
I voted you for the same reason you voted Musher333 (post rubbing me the wrong way) plus two others.

I guess we just have different views on the level of justification necessary to cast a vote. I do find yours extremely thin.
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 1:09 am

Post by thevampireofdusseldorf »

Yay people speaking will post tommorow or somesuch!
Musher333
Musher333
Goon
Musher333
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 3:34 am

Post by Musher333 »

hasdgfas wrote:
Do you mind explaining why Stoofer is looking scummy?, because this looks like a scum lashing out at someone who has caught them.
I thought i had already explanied myself in ast posts, if it turns out i have not i will repost my thoughts.
Singing Librarian
Singing Librarian
Goon
Singing Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 11:26 pm

Post by Singing Librarian »

That is not at all true - Stoofer's list included TVOD, who has not, as far as I recall, suggested that you look scummy and is voting for Mr Stoofer. Yet another misunderstanding/word twisting from you.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 12:43 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Nice to see Musher-scum imploding. More votes please!!
Musher333
Musher333
Goon
Musher333
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 3:24 am

Post by Musher333 »

Mr Stoofer wrote:Nice to see Musher-scum imploding. More votes please!!
How am i imploding?
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 3:25 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Post 485 is clearly the post of Scum flailing around.
Musher333
Musher333
Goon
Musher333
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 8:59 am

Post by Musher333 »

Mr Stoofer wrote:Post 485 is clearly the post of Scum flailing around.
Or it could be someone who naturally finds it hard to argue, look at my 2 completed games, in the first one i had trouble arguing, didn't turn out scum.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 9:41 am

Post by lord_hur »

Musher333 wrote:
Mr Stoofer wrote:Post 485 is clearly the post of Scum flailing around.
Or it could be someone who naturally finds it hard to argue, look at my 2 completed games, in the first one i had trouble arguing, didn't turn out scum.
Yeah, it's true. In that game that Mr Stoofer modded, he was cop, had a guilty on me, but couldn't convince the other guy for the life of him. I wasn't great (bullshitting for the first time), but still got him lynched in no time.

I'm not saying he's town. But personally I take his inability to argue as a fact, and I try to eliminate it when assessing his scumminess.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 4:38 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

I'm not sure if Stoofer is acting that way to try and get the game moving, but I'm getting an uneasy feeling about him now. I still believe that Musher is a good choice for a lynch, but I'm keeping a close eye on Mr Stoofer now.
Musher333
Musher333
Goon
Musher333
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 10:16 pm

Post by Musher333 »

HackerHuck wrote:I'm not sure if Stoofer is acting that way to try and get the game moving, but I'm getting an uneasy feeling about him now. I still believe that Musher is a good choice for a lynch, but I'm keeping a close eye on Mr Stoofer now.
I would ask everyone to do that, if i get lynched i get lynched but remember if/when i do and i come up town who was pushing for my lynch.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”