mini #585 - A Tempest Has Formed (Over), Thanks Patrick!!

Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 8:58 am

Post by Cream147 »

Mellowed Man, you vote-hop, and you don't explain your votes. Give me a reason for this scummy playstyle.
Cream147 - Arean't you the one who bandwagoned onto Alvinz because he was suspicious of Elias_The_thief, a move apparently scummy because Elias was an experienced player and thus scum want to get rid of experienced players?
Alvinz, if that's what Skruffs meant, then I think Skruffs should have a look at these side by side. Completely different! I criticised Mellowed Man for vote hopping and lack of reasoning. You can't accuse me of either of those things. You can accuse me of
poor
reasoning if you'd wish, I would disagree of course, and no doubt you'll accuse me of bandwagoning. Not vote-hopping and lack of reasoning though.
[u]Apologies[/u]
I abandoned this place out of stress about 6 months ago. I let a lot of people down in doing so. I am starting afresh, I will not join more than 2 games at a time and I will definitely not be modding a game in the foreseeable future.
alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 10:21 am

Post by alvinz95 »

Completely different! I criticised Mellowed Man for vote hopping and lack of reasoning. You can't accuse me of either of those things. You can accuse me of poor reasoning if you'd wish, I would disagree of course, and no doubt you'll accuse me of bandwagoning. Not vote-hopping and lack of reasoning though.
What is so different from poor reasoning and lack of reasoning?
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 10:40 am

Post by Gaspode »

alvinz wrote:What is so different from poor reasoning and lack of reasoning?
You tell me, Mr. CrapLogic.
Believe it or not, a few pages ago, Alvinz wrote:Again, do you think I meant to lynch him? And does my crap-logic contribute to scumminess? No, its just logic I tried to make up to comment on Gaspode. All the things that are held against me are things that I've posted to comment on everyone's posts, like a good town member, always joining conversation. And, the least townie, most townie thing was to "speed up conversation".
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 10:44 am

Post by Matt_S »

alvinz95 wrote:He means that its hippocritical of you to call Mellowed Man scummy for doing what you did.
You're putting words in his mouth.
alvinz95 wrote:What is so different from poor reasoning and lack of reasoning?
You're defending the words that you put into his mouth.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by alvinz95 »

Gaspode wrote:
alvinz wrote:What is so different from poor reasoning and lack of reasoning?
You tell me, Mr. CrapLogic.
Believe it or not, a few pages ago, Alvinz wrote:Again, do you think I meant to lynch him? And does my crap-logic contribute to scumminess? No, its just logic I tried to make up to comment on Gaspode. All the things that are held against me are things that I've posted to comment on everyone's posts, like a good town member, always joining conversation. And, the least townie, most townie thing was to "speed up conversation".
Did I say it was scummy?
What is so different from poor reasoning and lack of reasoning?
You're defending the words that you put into his mouth.
Rephrase?
alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by alvinz95 »

There isn't much of a difference between poor reasoning and lack of reasoning. It isn't scummy either.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by Matt_S »

alvinz85 wrote:Rephrase?
I'll put it this way: it's easier to attack a person with somebody else's words, so that you can dodge the blame if the attacks don't work out. However, it doesn't quite work that way.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

(2) think very hard;
alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 2:59 pm

Post by alvinz95 »

Prod Marmalade
Hasn't posted since MAY 2ND.

Also
Prod Populartajo
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 4:09 pm

Post by populartajo »

No need for a prod.
Im very tired atm, can anyone tell me what has happened in the last 2-3 pages?
Im still thinking in lynching either Cream or Mellowed. This might change with the reread Im doing tomorrow but I doubt it.
Also noticing Gaspode and Matt doing some serious attacks against Alvinz, where did this suspicions start?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 10:05 am

Post by Matt_S »

populartajo wrote:Im very tired atm, can anyone tell me what has happened in the last 2-3 pages?
Arguments. You'd have to read it to get a good understanding.
populartajo wrote:Also noticing Gaspode and Matt doing some serious attacks against Alvinz, where did this suspicions start?
I'd hardly call it serious for me, but alvinz declares the reasons behind Skruff's questions and then pursues those reasons. It looks like he's trying to hide from blame by following someone else's line of questions.
Show

(2) think very hard;
alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 10:49 am

Post by alvinz95 »

Also noticing Gaspode and Matt doing some serious attacks against Alvinz, where did this suspicions start?
I'd hardly call it serious for me, but alvinz declares the reasons behind Skruff's questions and then pursues those reasons. It looks like he's trying to hide from blame by following someone else's line of questions.
If I believed it was scummy, then I would pursued it immediately, since Cream is already at the top of my suspicions, but I didn't notice it at first. I don't agree with Scruffs tho.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 11:23 am

Post by Matt_S »

alvinz95 wrote:
If I believed it was scummy, then I would pursued it immediately, since Cream is already at the top of my suspicions, but I didn't notice it at first. I don't agree with Scruffs tho.
Well, why did you assume to know was why Skruffs asked?
Show

(2) think very hard;
alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 11:37 am

Post by alvinz95 »

Well, why did you assume to know was why Skruffs asked?
Well did I have to include,
"i think...."
??
CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 1:37 pm

Post by CoheedCambria09 »

No access until Monday May 19th.
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
Evilgorrilaz
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 3:45 pm

Post by Evilgorrilaz »

Well my target just left.

Scum list (In no particular order):
CoheedCambria
Alvinz
Cream

Deciding between Alvinz and Cream, my vote would have gone to Cream if Alvinz hadn't started acting scummy all over again.
When a flat-chested girl hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart <3
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 6:40 am

Post by populartajo »

Evilgorrilaz wrote:Well my target just left.

Scum list (In no particular order):
CoheedCambria
Alvinz
Cream

Deciding between Alvinz and Cream, my vote would have gone to Cream if Alvinz hadn't started acting scummy all over again.
Can you show me this scummy behavior?
You all know Id pick Cream or Mellowed. Maybe, maybe Matt.
And I agree with someone that said that this game has become a bit repetitive for my taste. To regain conversation, how about everyone posting their top suspects. Cool?
Call me Tajo.
Evilgorrilaz
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 8:20 am

Post by Evilgorrilaz »

Top of the page.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 8:42 am

Post by populartajo »

Evilgorrilaz wrote:
Top of the page.
You're so lazy and Im so hypocrite.
Can you tell me what feels scummy?
Call me Tajo.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 9:03 am

Post by iamausername »

iamausername wrote:
alvinz95 wrote:
iamausername wrote:Alvinz, since you admit that that wasn't scumhunting, why did you think it would help the town?
It would help discussion moving as I said before... Like random votes get discussion rolling but they aren't scum-hunting.
And did you not think that by that stage of the game (Post 94, most of the way through page 4, btw), there were more useful things you could be doing, like, say, actually scumhunting?
Never got an answer to this, alvinz.

Mellowed Man wrote:First off, Iamusername never had a clear case.
I thought the last paragraph of Post #272 was pretty concise. You could maybe argue that it's not a
good
case, but I don't think I was lacking clarity.
populartajo wrote:And I agree with someone that said that this game has become a bit repetitive for my taste. To regain conversation, how about everyone posting their top suspects. Cool?
Well, mine's pretty much the same as the last time I posted it; Mellowed, Coheed, alvinz. Although I'm starting to think Skruffs might have a point on Matt with the mason fishing.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 9:37 am

Post by Matt_S »

populartajo wrote:
Evilgorrilaz wrote:
Top of the page.
You're so lazy and Im so hypocrite.
Can you tell me what feels scummy?
I'll follow your reasoning in a hypocritical way. Saying "so-and-so started acting scummy, so I didn't vote such-and-such" is an excuse to throw suspicion on two people without building a case or even making a vote. So Evilgorrilaz, give reasons rather than just following the crowd and trying to blend in.

Top suspects: Mellowed and Evil. I'm not seeing the scumminess of Cream as much.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 7:17 pm

Post by Cream147 »

Wow, since my last post, alvinz has been acting incredibly weird. The opinion that we're actually missing here is Skruffs', and I'd like to see his view on alvinz this page. I'd also like to know if alvinz was right with his assumption on what he meant.
[u]Apologies[/u]
I abandoned this place out of stress about 6 months ago. I let a lot of people down in doing so. I am starting afresh, I will not join more than 2 games at a time and I will definitely not be modding a game in the foreseeable future.
Evilgorrilaz
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 4:22 am

Post by Evilgorrilaz »

Matt_S wrote: So Evilgorrilaz, give reasons rather than just following the crowd and trying to blend in.
Exactly. Look at how you jumped on me for lack of reasoning, deeming it scummy. Now look at what alvinz has to say.
alvinz95 wrote: There isn't much of a difference between poor reasoning and lack of reasoning. It isn't scummy either.
alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 10:44 am

Post by alvinz95 »

I would like to add some things to my statement to prevent any future confusion
There isn't much of a difference between poor reasoning and lack of reasoning. It isn't scummy either.
It is only scummy when someone is trying to get on a wagon and uses poor reasoning as a reason why.
cream wrote:Wow, since my last post, alvinz has been acting incredibly weird. The opinion that we're actually missing here is Skruffs', and I'd like to see his view on alvinz this page. I'd also like to know if alvinz was right with his assumption on what he meant.
Are you trying to blend into the crowd or is this your own thought? Can you show me exactly what you thought was weird and why?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 11:16 am

Post by Skruffs »

alvinz95 wrote:Scruffs, what do you think of Mellowed Man's vote hop and attempt to start a wagon?
Define "Vote hop". I think day one there's no reason not to change your votes, opinions should not be set in stone (unless you are scum trying to defend a buddy) so if he's going to be wishy washy, that's fine by me. The more people he votes, the more tracking we have of what he thinks and who he's suspicious of. Does it mean he's town? Not at all. But I'm not going to attack someone for contributing to the game, regardless of how they do it. Plus, you would have to know MM's playstyle. Which I do.

That aside, I am having an extremely difficult time conjugating and extraplotaing the sentences on this page. "HE" seems to be referring autonomously to both me, alvinz, MM, and MAtt_S. I can't tell who the subject is of most of the sentences and thus have no way of interpreting who is attacking who of what. :) Please refer to the person you are attacking at least in the same paragraph.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 11:25 am

Post by Matt_S »

Evilgorrilaz wrote:
Matt_S wrote: So Evilgorrilaz, give reasons rather than just following the crowd and trying to blend in.
Exactly. Look at how you jumped on me for lack of reasoning, deeming it scummy. Now look at what alvinz has to say.
alvinz95 wrote: There isn't much of a difference between poor reasoning and lack of reasoning. It isn't scummy either.
Even if it's not inherently scummy, what you did was basically make an excuse to avoid voting for someone, by saying that someone else was scummy as well. I think that deserves some explanation.
Show

(2) think very hard;

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”