vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 7:01 pm

Post by vollkan »

Picking up prod; lost track of this game. Oman seems to be the direct this day is heading towards at this point in time. Usual caveats regarding respect for his replacement ought to apply: it's obviously better that we let whoever it is speak before coming under pressure etc.

I can't say that Oman has stuck out as overtly scummy to me thus far, but that may simply indicate that I have let him slip by up until this point. Thus, a review of Oman is in order.
Cipher
Cipher
Townie
Cipher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 12:53 am

Post by Cipher »

Oman looks like a decent option to me. I'm not finished looking at everyone else yet, though.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 6:33 am

Post by iamausername »

armlx wrote:He's suspicious by process of elimination.
I don't imagine this will get a proper answer either, but nonetheless: what is it about the other players that caused you to eliminate them from your suspicions, but not me?
Shteven wrote:Armlx: Ok, I understand that username is less scumy than Oman, but why is he more scummy than say, the Fonz (arbitrarily selected player)?
I don't believe this was arbitrary at all. You have six reasonable options, as established, and of those six, Oman/dahill/iamausername would make no sense in context, armlx isn't going to point at himself as suspicious, which leaves either yourself or The Fonz, and I'm pretty sure you'd have reason to be biased about that choice. LYNCH ALL LIAHS! :P
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 11:27 am

Post by armlx »

Ah, sorry all the replacements are confusing me. I did have a secondary reason for voting username: I found farside scummy. A lot of her D2 actions I felt were pretty opportunistic/poor, especially the vote on the person who hadn't real votes with 2 FOS's just chilling on people for mediocre reasons, as well as the argument with OmanObvscum.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 11:34 am

Post by Shteven »

You do have a valid point about the pool of unknowns dwindling, username. Of course the purpose of having him compare you to the fonz would probably end up with the fonz coming out as more protown, unless he makes a reversal, so I'd think I could have picked myself.

Really I didn't put so much thought into it, and ironically just when I gave up on it armlx actually did post a reason for you being second.

Strange timing, but oh well. I'd like more discussion on non-oman people but I'll admit he's likely our choice today and I'm ok with lynching him in the long run.
"I'm like the customer support line for life."

Carpe Diem. If you shake it hard enough, maybe money will fall out!
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 11:37 am

Post by armlx »

Wow, I feel so dumb. I actually posted that much earlier. I just forgot about it and tricked myself into thinking farside was just dead or something.
armlx wrote: Mainly my suspicions of user name come from Farside's behavior mirroring very closely the behavior of Oman. I though I said that somewhere, but can't find it any more.
-TinVision-
-TinVision-
Goon
-TinVision-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 7:23 am

Post by -TinVision- »

ThirdVote Count of the Day

Oman (4) - iamausername, armlx, The Fonz, dahill1
armlx (1) - Shteven

Not voting (6) - Cipher, LaptopGun, Oman, Rigel, vollkan

Votes remain unchanged, just wanted to get this in towards the top of a page for once. Still seeking replacements for Oman and Rigel.
lol objective morality
-TinVision-
-TinVision-
Goon
-TinVision-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 3:19 pm

Post by -TinVision- »

dcorbe replaces Oman.
lol objective morality
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 6:03 pm

Post by armlx »

Hi dcorbe. Sorry you had to replace into this scenario. Please claim your role immediately or be lynched.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 6:59 am

Post by dcorbe »

I obviously stepped into a mess here so I owe the entire game a good and thorough read. Since I'm in the middle of working it's something I can't do right this second. I'll give this game my utmost attention tonight when I get an opportunity.
armlx wrote:Hi dcorbe. Sorry you had to replace into this scenario. Please claim your role immediately or be lynched.
I'm not going to role claim. That's just a lame cop-out. I know my role but nobody else does or needs to.

If I get lynched, I get lynched.

If I claim a pro-town role, you either believe me and give me a pass, or you don't and I get lynched.

If I claim an anti-town role, I get lynched anyways.

Once I've done an initial read of this thread, I'll try and address some of the outstanding issues.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 7:00 am

Post by armlx »

dcorbe wrote: If I claim a pro-town role, you either believe me and give me a pass, or you don't and I get lynched.
Yeah, thats sort of the point.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 7:03 am

Post by dcorbe »

armlx wrote:
dcorbe wrote: If I claim a pro-town role, you either believe me and give me a pass, or you don't and I get lynched.
Yeah, thats sort of the point.
And if I am to be judged based on my predecessor's actions what's the point of role claiming if you've made up your mind already? That's sort of my point ;)
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 7:05 am

Post by armlx »

If your claim is something we can confirm, then we do that and you don't get lynched if you aren't lying.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 7:12 am

Post by dcorbe »

I think you need to give me a chance to read the entire thread before demanding that I stake a claim. You've obviously been waiting on pins and needles for me to reply.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 7:15 am

Post by armlx »

Rather you claim now so if you are going to lie, you don't get to reread and make a better lie based on that.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 7:22 am

Post by dcorbe »

armlx wrote:If your claim is something we can confirm, then we do that and you don't get lynched if you aren't lying.
I'd be happy to.
armlx wrote: Rather you claim now so if you are going to lie, you don't get to reread and make a better lie based on that.
But you don't seem to get the point of "uninformed majority". If I'm not given sufficient time to arm myself with what little knowledge that I can gain from reading the thread, I can't very well claim something that you can either confirm or refute, now can I? At that point I would simply be saying "I'm a townie" and it would be my word against your prior knowledge of events that have transpired in this thread.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 7:24 am

Post by armlx »

You fail to see my point. Some roles are inherently confirmable as their night action leaves a trace of its occurrence. I'm not talking about confirming based on in thread actions.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 7:26 am

Post by dcorbe »

armlx wrote:You fail to see my point. Some roles are inherently confirmable as their night action leaves a trace of its occurrence. I'm not talking about confirming based on in thread actions.
I understand your point, but how am I expected to be able to defend my own actions if I don't know what they were!?

I'm not going to sit here and have a one-sided debate with you.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 7:28 am

Post by armlx »

No. First claim, then defend.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 7:31 am

Post by dcorbe »

Why do I HAVE to role claim?

I think it's pretty obvious that anyone joining a game isn't going to want to get lynched right away. Why on earth would I claim anything other than a pro-town role?

You've already made up your mind, obviously.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 7:34 am

Post by armlx »

You have 4 votes on you, plus 2 more people at least (CIpher and vollkan) who have epxressed interest in lynching you. You not being lynched right away isn't so clear cut.

also, the main reason to wait once someone replaces in at L-2 is to get a role claim. Just saying.

And I have made up my mind, about your actions that it. Claiming can change things.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 7:40 am

Post by dcorbe »

Armix,

I'm a little suspicious of your own motives. This is starting to sound like an attempt to divert attention away from yourself. Keeping me on the defensive is going to cast doubt on me and placate your own motives.

I've got 4 votes, for sure, but people on this thread have obviously shown interest in lynching you too. Keep your own in mind before you continue soap-boxing.

I'm not going to continue to dignify this with meaningless responses.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 7:46 am

Post by armlx »

dcorbe wrote:Armix,

I'm a little suspicious of your own motives. This is starting to sound like an attempt to divert attention away from yourself. Keeping me on the defensive is going to cast doubt on me and placate your own motives.
Please see post 910. And Fonz's post 908, and everything else. Deflection to your aggressors is not your out here, sorry scum.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 8:29 am

Post by dcorbe »

I'm not trying to deflect, I'm just trying to point out your overly aggressive stance.

If dropping hints isn't enough, I'll just come right out and say it. I'm NOT mafia. I'm a townie. Lynching me isn't going to end the game.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”