Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 1:18 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Xtoxm wrote:I'm feeling uncomfortable about it too because RB looks town to me and Kison looks scum.
In hindsight, quite proud of this comment.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 1:26 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Wow great game everyone. I was amazed this thing kept going, and am wondering if the unkillable townie in DGB was really that balanced, but it certainly made for some surprises in the end. I really felt bad about getting mod killed. I thought with RB being a vig it wouldn't matter, but of course he was incompetent.

I'm also flattered the scum decided to double PR me D1. You must not have noticed my 1-3 town record coming into this game. Very curious what that was about.

And re: almost being modkilled D2. I have to get that PM exchange with Guardian up but it involved whether or not Nibbler performing cunnilingus was a compliment or not. Very cool to see there were so many other things going on behind the scenes of this game.

Very nice job Guardian, and good game to all.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 1:26 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Xtoxm wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:I'm feeling uncomfortable about it too because RB looks town to me and Kison looks scum.
In your position I would have voted RB too. Nice job picking vollkan btw.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Bah, I wish I could have been around for longer, especially given that my role was one of the most useful.

Great setup, great play.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by xyzzy »

I was a doctor, eh? Well now I'm just confused :P
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 1:43 pm

Post by cicero »

Ola! Sorry for mostly sucking in this game. I actually didnt like the way it went down for most of the time. The game seemed to just be about claiming which bugged me. Especially since I felt that my role gave me away as scum. (The evil part of the zelda triforce). That'll teach me though. Kison is awesome. I handed him a giant ball of shit and he made a shit sculpture and sold it to the MOMA for a million dollars. Kison rules.

Xyzzy's play was really weird in this game. I dont know him that well but all he would do the whole game was come in and ask to claim then leave again. I managed to get him lynched even while sucking and being too busy to play the game.

Shaft.ed - The PRing was an experiment. Vollkan decided to target you for whatever reason, and I just decided to hit the same target as Vollkan in order to increase the chance of a modkilling. It didnt really work though. The haikus just made you more careful. And it had an easy out. You could be off by a syllable and still survive. Too bad because I counted you being off and tried to get you killed. As for you - why not you? :). You're more than good enough to hobble no matter what your town record says. Ironically though, I think the funniest thing I can say about this game is that doing haikus actually improved your play! You were SO dangerous with the haiku. You had to say everything so succinctly. You couldnt mince words. And you couldnt even make weaknesses in your own arguments. It was funny to watch.

Xtoxm - great to have you in the game. You were smart and you were involved. I didnt like how quickly you got to be a confirmed townie. The other thing though is you really gotta stop your habit of doing three posts in a row with one sentence each. lol. pretty please?

Adel - Sorry babe. Got distracted by life and let you down. You seemed distracted too though. Was it just the nature of this game?

Guardian - I love the Dripping Goofball twist. A lot. I really thought the part of IPick where you modkilled someone was petty and shitty. I am thrilled to find out that that wasnt what was going on at all. So awesome. And it was there to be figured out in 9.75 for sure. I incorrectly came to the conclusion that 9.75 was just a red herring and that harry potter wasnt in the game. I might have claimed him myself if I had continued.

Guardian - how did you expect smart scum would use the triforce auto win information? was it just there to screw over shaft.ed? I asked you if the info was actually true and when you said yes I just couldnt get past the idea that I was telling town how to win. I should have thought it through and went with it, but like I said, I was distracted.

Thats all for now. I'll think of more later.

Oh and Guardian, in future games I recommend using the first post in the thread to announce who is playing, who is alive, who is dead, and what their roles were - as many mods do. I constantly looked to figure out who was still alive and such and didnt know. That bugged me. I have my forum set up to display the first post at the top of every page and that info is very helpful for me.

Thanks for a great game. Sorry I didnt rise to the challenge. Way to go Kison!
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 2:00 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

cicero wrote:I think the funniest thing I can say about this game is that doing haikus actually improved your play!
Yeah I noticed that too. I've tried recreating that effect in other games and it's just not working. Someone give me a permenant haiku PR please!!!!!
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 2:02 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Guardian wrote: hasdgfas NOT resurrecting NabakovNabakov night two was also interesting to me; he told me afterwards that he wasn't sure that was the right choice.
Yeah, as soon as I saw I was dead, I immediately knew I should have rezzed NabNab that night instead. :(
Mostly, it was because I didn't expect to die that night. I thought it would be someone else who was much more pro-town than I thought I was, who I could revive the next night. Why was I killed, anyway? I'm rather curious about that, because I didn't think my play was that great this game. PPE:(I think I'll read the scumtalk to possibly figure this out)

Although I'm flattered I got the double vote, that kinda has the same question with it that my kill did. I don't know why I was targeted with that.

Let's see, what else did I have to say about this game....
I'm not sure now, but I know it'll come to me. I'll post when I remember what I was going to say.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 2:15 pm

Post by xyzzy »

I sent the following roles to Guardian in PMs with subjects such as "my role for the Designer game you are running" in the weeks before the game began, in the hope that he would give me one:

Xyzzy's roleCongratulations, Xyzzy! You're
Eric Wu
, of emotioneric.com. Each of your posts must contain no less than two emoticons, and at least once per day you must post in all caps. If you fail to use emoticons, you'll lose your vote for the rest of the day, though it will still be displayed; only the actual lynches will possibly change. If you fail to have an all-caps post any day, you'll be listed the next day as "commiting suicide due to pent-up anger." At any time, you may say, " :( :( I QUIT! YOU GUYS ARE STUPID!!!!!!! :( :( " and you will immediately be "treestumped" - that is, you'll become an unkillable, unlynchable player who can't vote who is confirmed town and can continue posting. You may also at any time say "I just HATE you, <playername>, why don't you just die? You're so retarded.", and <playername> will die. This is a one-use action.

Xyzzy's roleCongratulations! You are
Peyton Farquhar
, of Ambroce Bierce's "An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge". The thing is, you're pretty good at avoiding death - in your head. Any time you die, an Alternate Universe where you lived will be made, Farquharwith a new thread. All roles and other information will be exactly the same, and you will be alive. But there is a drawback - if you die more than two times, you'll finally come back to your senses and actually die - along with every other protown player. Of course, you're not allowed to claim that information, and if you die, the players will be informed that you are an SK Hydra. You win when all threats to the town are dead.

Adlai Stevenson
, long-dead Illinois governor, twice-failed candidate for Presidency, and... Gogo?!?

That's right - you're the mimic from Final Fantasy VI, supposedly rumored by some to be Daryll, some sort of monster from Final Fantasy V, and a previous thief-leader of a... oh, never mind, it doesn't matter, because YOU KNOW THE TRUTH! After all, consider these quotes by yourself: "I suppose I could wear a hat, but them my teeth would fall out to spite me. I could get false ones, but doubtless then I would get fat just to prove my teeth work. The easiest course is to drape my whole body in robes and shawls and hope no one recognizes my eyes," (this perfectly describes your physical appearance as Gogo) "President Eisenhower continues to amaze me. He appears to be an ungainly and graceless man, but when [senator Robert] Taft makes a move, no matter how ridiculous, Eisenhower copies it with the skill of [French mime] Marcel Merceau. I haven't achieved such levels of mimicry with my own party, but I'm working on it," (You are a mimic in Final Fantasy VI) "The legislature is a frightening thing. To this day the state capitol building seems to me a beast ready to swallow me up; the very walls and ceilings seem to crush you as you walk through it," (You were discovered in the belly of a Zone Eater in Final Fantasy VI) "Today we are plunged into a battle that is familiar to us. the enemies and the problems are the same. But the terrain is different. The world around us has changed and shifted so much we no longer recognize it," (You were found after Kefka shifted the world by taking control of the Espers, turning the World of Balance into the World of Ruin).

Now, since you're both a governor of Illinois and a mimic from Final Fantasy VI, you take your abilities from both experiences. During the day, if someone is lynched, you may stop their lynch by PMing me during Twilight (I will give you 24 hours before posting the lynch scene). You may only do this once per player. Also, each night you may mimic the last night action done by someone, in chronological order of when the PM was sent. I will tell you how many, if any, targets you must send. You win when all threats to the town are dead.

Jack Bauer
, and pretty much the most awesome dude ever. ...However, you kind of have some issues in your social life, such as the fact that basically everyone you've ever had a close relationship with is now dead, and the whole torturing terrorists thing. Did I mention you once had a heroin addiction? Okay, so yeah, you're a pretty cool guy on the surface, but you're simply destructive. Every night you can investigate someone AND kill someone, but a random protown player will die if you do either of these things. You are also able to survive practically everything, so you can't be nightkilled, and you can't be lynched. Oh, and you don't win in endgame situations, since even if the President/people of America/yourself are all safe, it's still kind of teh suckzors if your wife/girlfriend/other girlfriend from Mexico/boss/coworker/etc. dies. You win if all threats to the town are destroyed.

Xyzzy's roleYou are
Thok, circa 2010
. After being appointed by mith for another term as Title Fairy, you've begun to feel unsure of whether you're doing what's best for Mafiascum. After all, after Jathan, Shea, and JDodge left between '07 and '09, people decided that you (and others) had entirely too much authority. After dozens of users left to form a more open-ended site, you decided to step back and give the people what they wanted from the Title Fairy. However, it did nothing, and you're now unsure of what your next move should be. You may give one player a word they must use in every post or be modkilled each night. You are immune to modkills. You may say, "I think it's time I step down and leave for a while," at any time and you will become a treestump. You win with the town.

There was one other amazing role, but I can't find a copy of it. It was the last one I sent, and the most amazing. I asked Guardian to see if he has a copy, but if he doesn't, I am sorry :( :( :( :(
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 2:21 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

xyzzy, no offense but you should have spent that time playing. Your sheer inactivity caused you to get lynched.

Oh and I'm very glad to see that I wasn't a roleblocker. I went through the entire game thinking I had blocked the reviver.

Also why did you guys kill NabNab N1 and not Xtoxm?

And how did we not lynch Adel D2 again?
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 2:24 pm

Post by xyzzy »

shaft.ed wrote:xyzzy, no offense but you should have spent that time playing. Your sheer inactivity caused you to get lynched.

Oh and I'm very glad to see that I wasn't a roleblocker. I went through the entire game thinking I had blocked the reviver.

Also why did you guys kill NabNab N1 and not Xtoxm?

And how did we not lynch Adel D2 again?
That was all pregame.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 2:27 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Xtoxm wrote:
It was pivotal in my decision to vote Kison - that, and the fact that Lawrencelot was a confirmed Governor.

I have to say it was fun to look for scum without worrying about being nightkilled or lynched. But I really did think Adel was town at some point.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 2:27 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

And I really did break my PR while I was on the crapper.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 2:31 pm

shaft.ed wrote:
cicero wrote:I think the funniest thing I can say about this game is that doing haikus actually improved your play!
Yeah I noticed that too. I've tried recreating that effect in other games and it's just not working. Someone give me a permenant haiku PR please!!!!!
Your haikus were HILARIOUS!!! Mostly the Nibbler compliments part of it. You really turned him into a super-stud muffin.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 2:51 pm

Post by xyzzy »

Xyzzy's RoleCongratulations! You are
Xyzzy
, a member of the Mafiascum community perhaps best known for games that add no real value to the community. But that's okay, because in the months leading up to spring of 2008 you participated in a sweet-action game modded by Guardian, called iPick. Here's the thing, though - you had a role rigged so you couldn't win. But you tried! And it's possible you succeeded - I can't say I remember. But the important thing is, you had the most power in the game, despite having no truly correct way to use it.

You see, the gimmick behind iPick was that the moderator, Guardian, would come up with roles for each player that would be funny and slightly unbalanced. Your role in iPick was
not
one of these such roles - in fact, it was one of several you wrote yourself, chosen as better than such roles as Emotion Eric and Peyton Farquhar, and even Thok. You yourself wrote in the role PM that you thought it was the best in the role, and it was the last you submitted. The thing is, because your roles were so funny and fantastic, you had the power to alter reality with these roles - you could alter the reality of the role you received. So to honor that, you made a role that could alter the flow of the game substantially, while still making it a race to see if you could force a win on yourself.

Your role stated that you could alter the game at any time in any way, as long as no living players died, and no other players entered the game. It stated that you could change rules, or give other players posting requirements, or even giving or taking away role powers from other players. There was just one hitch to all this power - you lacked a win condition, and you couldn't give yourself one. You were unable to win, and you weren't allowed to, say, put a "Xyzzy wins" rule in the game. You had tremendous power, but you were unable to use it to save yourself.

Or were you?
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 2:52 pm

Post by Kison »

Shafted's best post was when he broke his PR and cursed Nibbler. Made me laugh.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 2:55 pm

Post by Guardian »

One thing I really can't emphasize enough: this game was designed mostly to be fun, and as balanced as possible while being fun. The scum just barely lost, but don't feel bad about that -- I'm not sure of the balance, and the game was so close and play so good that I think it is very unfair to say either side "lost". In addition, mod/player error re: Lawrencelot could have been game changing, though we can't know for certain what DGB and Xtoxm would have done with their votes if Lawrencelot died.
Xtoxm wrote:What was it you were annoyed we didn't do in pre-game?

You made a comment about it.
I was trying to get people to pay close attention to the details of the setup, and realize that there was information before day 1 started. I was trying to generate excitement and anticipation, and trying to get you to see 9.75.
cicero wrote:Guardian - I love the Dripping Goofball twist. A lot. I really thought the part of IPick where you modkilled someone was petty and shitty. I am thrilled to find out that that wasnt what was going on at all. So awesome. And it was there to be figured out in 9.75 for sure. I incorrectly came to the conclusion that 9.75 was just a red herring and that harry potter wasnt in the game. I might have claimed him myself if I had continued.
Thanks. My intention was to do something like that ever since I saw Adel's suggestion. My work on that role was probably what I'm most happy with in this game :).
shaft.ed wrote:Wow great game everyone. I was amazed this thing kept going, and am wondering if the unkillable townie in DGB was really that balanced, but it certainly made for some surprises in the end.
I thought about this a lot, and consulted with Mr Stoofer on it, who I can't thank enough. I don't think anyone can be sure if it was balanced. I tried to put a scum group I knew was very devious, analytical, and could work together, and tried to leave the trail there so it was figure-out-able. Between 9.75, and the "off" numbers required to lynch, I thought DGB might have been found out. She was not unNKable -- if the scum were ballsy enough to send "kill DGB" DGB would have been killed. It put a lot of expectations on the scum though -- I really felt bad for Kison, he ended up with him and what he -- and everyone but me and DGB -- thought was one townie left alive, and lost.

All of that considered, I don't regret putting it in, just because it was so fun!
cicero wrote:Guardian - how did you expect smart scum would use the triforce auto win information? was it just there to screw over shaft.ed? I asked you if the info was actually true and when you said yes I just couldnt get past the idea that I was telling town how to win. I should have thought it through and went with it, but like I said, I was distracted.
Well, to be clear, the town had *three* instant win conditions, all of which worked, but all of you were given a different one of them, and Rogueben was given none.

I might have revealed it as 'smart scum', it would gain lots of townie cred. I wouldn't have done so too soon though -- townies would realize that revealing too soon might cause members of the triforce to be killed. Really I was just giving you a tool and seeing what you'd do with it -- how to "play well" with it comes down to "what would you do if you were a townie with that info, but how would doing so hurt the scum, and what is the right balance"?

I gave the scum lots of info about the setup that they never claimed; doing that might have been advantageous as well.
cicero wrote:Oh and Guardian, in future games I recommend using the first post in the thread to announce who is playing, who is alive, who is dead, and what their roles were - as many mods do. I constantly looked to figure out who was still alive and such and didnt know. That bugged me. I have my forum set up to display the first post at the top of every page and that info is very helpful for me.
I strongly agree, as I had to edit the first AND second post every time the status changed...

HOW do you keep the first post visible? I'd very much like to do that myself.
shaft.ed wrote:
Haikus were meant to be something of a double edged sword. Possibly the best game I've played as town, Ork Mafia, I adopted a haiku posting style.

shaft.ed, have you been complementing Nibbler where you used it elsewhere? If not, maybe try that, and see if the effect comes back.

xyzzy's roles were amazing. I luckily saved the one he lost in my save box :).

Thanks for all the compliments guys; I welcome continued discussion, suggestion, and questions.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 2:56 pm

Post by Kison »

I take it back. THIS was his best post :
shaft.ed wrote:I fucking hate my
fucking shit post restrictions
Nibbler has nice teeth
In all honesty though, you did great with that. That haiku PR in itself was 10 times worse than the one I gave to Lawrencelot, and you made it through an entire day without dying.

I'm a bit sad about the loss. I had my hopes way too high when RB was lynched. And the irony is I didn't expect the double vote to do me in. I expected that damn angel protection to be my loss. But oh well, just a game, and it was plenty fun.

Scum win condition : Lie. Obviously. Cicero had initially wanted to reverse the win condition in our PM. I was going to maintain this plan, but when I roleclaimed, I needed to prove that my ability was not just something I made up. This required claiming results from someone who not only was next to unlynchable, but would make the idea of not wanting to reveal the condition justified from my perspective as a Townie. Needless to say I messed that up, and didn't realize Xyzzy would have had to have been targeted for that to make sense. So I completely winged it when Lawrencelot forced it out of me, knowing I had to justify Cicero gunning for Xyzzy, not wanting to roleclaim, and my maintaining a no-reveal on the condition. So I made a condition that had less to do with the actions of the Triforce and more to do with the actions of Link. I was fairly certain I was going to get lynched when I posted that condition.

Regardless of the outcome, I had a lot of fun with this. I especially loved the Triforce/Link aspect of the game. Day 4 was a total roller coaster ride.

I had a nice long post mailed to myself that I was going to post w/ pictures , but Guardian locked the thread right after I finished it. :twisted:

Lastly, balefiring Xtoxm back to '75 was enough to satisfy my bloodlust.

GG to all. Sorry team!
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 3:02 pm

Post by Guardian »

Kison wrote:In all honesty though, you did great with that. That haiku PR in itself was 10 times worse than the one I gave to Lawrencelot, and you made it through an entire day without dying.
I almost think haiku was easier, since it forced him to be constantly aware of it.

Lawrencelot's allowed him to slip, and it is sometimes hard to figure out if a word is monosyllabic.

For the record:
PM to Lawrencelot wrote:subject: New Addition to your Role!

sent to lawrencelot.

if he slips, let me know.

Congratulations. You now have a post restriction!

Every post you make today must be monosyllabic. The only exception is that you may use the word 'unvote' and may mention the proper name of any player from this game, living or dead. You may also use the word 'Guardian'.

You may not use words to mean something other than what they are intended to mean, e.g "fish" cannot become a code word for "suspect".

You also can't string words together to get a phonetic meaning across:

"spec tack you lair" = "spectacular" does not fly.

You may only use words found on dictionary.com.

Most acronyms are not found on dictionary.com, nor are they monosyllabic.

Each post, you may 'mess up' and have one word that is not excepted and is not monosyllabic.

"I like to play mafia for Guardian rocks." is an acceptable post.

"I like to play this awe some game." is NOT

"I really think you guys are the coolest." is NOT

"FOS: Guardian, he is evil." is NOT

Oh -- also -- you may not double post today, it counts as breaking your restriction.

Your penalty for breaking this restriction the first two times will be a warning; the third time will be a modkill. This restriction lasts with you for all of day 2.

* You may quote other players, but you may not abuse the quote tag to get around your restriction.
* You may not use numerous Voting actions or other words to communicate via morse code or any other means.
* You may not post emoticons or ASCII/text images. (No, not even =====[] for "hammah.")
* You may not use
tags or symbols (&, $, /, etc.).

Breaking any of the above counts as breaking the restriction.

If you make three unacceptable posts in a row, you may get both warnings and be modkilled all at once, so be wary.
PM to shaft.ed wrote:subject: New Addition to your Role!

Every post you make today must be in plain text haiku(s) only.

To express oneself
in seventeen syllables
is very diffic

is an example of a perfectly well formed haiku of the type I am referring to. If any line of your haiku is off by more than one syllable, this counts as breaking your restriction.

Your penalty for breaking this restriction the first two times will be a warning; the third time will be a modkill. This restriction lasts with you for all of day 2.

* You may quote other players, but you may not abuse the quote tag to get around your restriction.
* Votes Unvotes and FOS's may be placed out of haikus, and counted independently.
* You may not use numerous Voting actions to communicate via morse code or any other means.
* You may not post emoticons or ASCII/text images. (No, not even =====[] for "hammah.")
* You may not use
tags or symbols (&, $, /, etc.).
* Please be careful when using abbrevations. All abbrevations are to be read as individual letters for the purposes of counting syllables. "CES," for example is three syllables: "See Ee Ess." Exceptions: OMGUS (two syllables), M4yhem (two syllables, pronounced "Mayhem")

Breaking any of the above counts as breaking the restriction.

If you make three unacceptable posts in a row, you may get both warnings and be modkilled all at once, so be wary.
PM to shaft.ed #2 wrote:subject: New Addition to your Role!

In every post of yours, you must comment on how awesome Nibbler is.

Your comment must be substantive, and praise one of Nibbler's traits. Comments such as "Nibbler rocks!" are not sufficient. Comments such as "Nibbler's eyes are beautiful!" are.

Your penalty for breaking this restriction the first two times will be a warning; the third time will be a modkill. This restriction lasts with you the entire game.

was from vollkan's role, to shaft.ed. feel free to point out any things I might have missed.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 3:03 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Here's the back and forth with Guardian after I almost got myself killed D1. The key to my post restriction was that the compliment of Nibbler had to be substantial not just "nibbler is cool" but "Nibbler has cool shoes" here's the exchange as recorded in my PM box:
shaft.ed wrote:
Guardian wrote:
shaft.ed wrote:
Guardian wrote:

In every post of yours, you must comment on how awesome Nibbler is.

Your comment must be substantive, and praise one of Nibbler's traits.
Comments such as "Nibbler rocks!" are not sufficient
. Comments such as "Nibbler's eyes are beautiful!" are.

Your penalty for breaking this restriction the first two times will be a warning; the third time will be a modkill. This restriction lasts with you the entire game.

If you make three unacceptable posts in a row, you may get both warnings and be modkilled all at once, so be wary
733, 744, 745, 747,

all violate the bolded.
733 I said Nibbler is a great person. 744 I said Nibbler is a ruler of the world (i thought that was a compliment). 745 I called him a love God (very good at sex again a compliment). 747 I said he was good at the oral sex (nibbled her). If I may argue these I'd appreciate it.
733 is absolutely clear cut. you said he was a great person. That's exactly the kind of thing I marked as non substantive (e.g. Nibbler rocks).

744 Nibbler rules doesn't seem to be at all different from Nibbler rocks.

745 is possible.

747 nibbled her doesn't seem to be at all near saying he is good at something, it is just descriptive.

you can PM me a response,
but no posting, you were about to be killed. posting before I allow you to = modkill for sure
. if you convince me, then maybe you'll live, but I doubt it, restrictions were meant to stack and be a burden.
733 I think is more substantiative than your example. Nibbler is a great person is more specific than Nibbler rocks. But I see where you're going there.

744 is not saying "nibbler rules." It's saying he is a great and benevolant world ruler just in 5 syllables. He's omnipotent.

745 I still stand by.

747 shows not only can Nibbler get the ladies but he can service them ably. I'd say at best two transgressions here.
I've got to argue 733 further. I didn't just call him great, I called him great like Xtoxm's who vig'd scum last night, and RB and xyzzy who I've previously stated are confirmed town. So I am qualifying that further than "Nibbler is great."
Guardian wrote:
shaft.ed wrote:733 I think is more substantiative than your example. Nibbler is a great person is more specific than Nibbler rocks. But I see where you're going there.
I think we objectively agree here. 1 warning.
shaft.ed wrote:744 is not saying "nibbler rules." It's saying he is a great and benevolant world ruler just in 5 syllables. He's omnipotent.
I disagree. Nibbler rules the world isn't saying he's benevolent. 'Nibbler friendly guy'. would say that. Nibble rules the world would be too much of a stretch. 2 warnings.
shaft.ed wrote:745 I still stand by.
I can see this. This won't be a strike against you.
shaft.ed wrote:747 shows not only can Nibbler get the ladies but he can service them ably. I'd say at best two transgressions here.
Nibbler nibbled her. Nibbler nibble good. Would do it. Nibbler nibbled nicely might even make it. But this really seems descriptive. Sure, you could read lots of things into it, but as is, it really isn't doing it for me.

Before I started day 1 I was resolved to be tough on PR breaks, and made sure to warn you to be cautious in the PM. It seems that accepting 'Nibbler Nibbled her' is me giving in to not wanting you to be hosed by your stacking PRs... when you were meant by the game design to be able to be hosed by.

I'll let you reply once more about 747, but I see
at best
both warnings, and most likely death.
shaft.ed wrote:I think "Nibbler nibbled her" is very much a positive expression because of the sexual innuendo. As I said it shows he is successful with the ladies. It is not needed to imply that he was good at the Nibbling, but the simple fact that Nibbling was available to him as an option in life shows that he can get women to partake in sexual activites, which is a compliment.

*Only on mafiascum will you get a debate about the "positivity of cartoon characters giving oral sex" gotta love this place, and I hope you post these PM's post game.
shaft.ed wrote:
Guardian wrote:hey, i gtg.

2 warnings.

733, 747.

744, both respectedmods i consulted, said should be OK.

you have 2 warnings on that PR, which will last with you all game...

I'd really appreciate if you didn't mention this back and forth debate that i consulted mods, etc., etc.

I am already saving a bit of stuff for post game -- so if you could save these PMs in your savebox and share them after, that'd be great.

cheers.

feel free to continue playing.

~G
Thanks for the speedy ruling, I will be sure to use, I like Nibbler's socks for the rest of the game :wink:
Oh and this was the cause of the intermitant game locking during D2.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 3:06 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Kison you did a damn good job. I was almost certain you were scum after you didn't push for Adel to be lynched, but you had me doubting myself the next day. The claim felt very plausible to me.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 3:06 pm

Post by Rogueben »

Hey guys. I'm sorry about my play in this game it wasn't very good at all. My biggest problem with this game was that I had no idea what was going on. I knew that I was right but I had no way to prove Kison wrong, especially with his claimed results.

I also think that I had less information than anyone else. If you read my PM I had no real extra knowledge which most people had and I also had a non-functional ability. I think that is part of the reason why I couldn't understand what was going on as well as some others. Enough excuses though.

Props go to shaft.ed, Lawrence, Kison and DGB.

Thanks a lot to Guardian for running the game. I did enjoy it a lot even though I was confused the whole time.
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 3:20 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Oh and if anyone felt like reading it here's the link to Lawrencelot and my mason pair chat board. I received information he was pro-town but he did not know my alignment. Having that confirmed innocent was really crucial.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 3:36 pm

Nibbler and I are dating. shaft.ed speaks the truth.

shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 3:43 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Nibbler and I are dating. shaft.ed speaks the truth.
DGB gets it. Actually I was mildly worried about the Nibbler nibbled her comment, but it was too funny not to post. OOps!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”