Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 1:57 am

Post by Patrick »

On rereading, I have a bit of a bad vibe from Pokerface. I think he may be trying to blend in and appear to be contributing without doing anything. I got this impression in particular from his last two posts. In the second to last one, the first part isn't much because he undermined it immediately, the second part is an opinion of sorts but doesn't tread on anyone's toes, and the last part seems like filler, especially since he didn't even add a comment about what it means for Glork's alignment. His last post is purely defensive, and doesn't even make that much sense: if he didn't trust the vibe/gut instinct enough to being it up early when it might have sparked something, why bring it up later and then tag on an, "but it doesn't mean anything"?

Vote: PokerFace

With that said, there are a few others underplaying still. MafiaSSK is same as before. Tarhalindur hasn't posted in 5 days, despite having stuff to respond to (
Mod
: Please prod Tarhalindur). I don't think there's anyone else in prod range as such, but some people feel a bit under the radar. Not great in an auto-deadlined game.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 2:20 am

Post by Glork »

FoS: Patrick
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 2:28 am

Post by Patrick »

What do you find FoS worthy?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 2:46 am

Post by Glork »

You, mostly.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 12:41 pm

Post by Incognito »

Unvote; Vote: Mizzy

I actually haven't seen anything really FoS-worthy coming from Patrick's direction to be honest.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 3:50 pm

Post by Glork »

Incog wrote:to be honest
Truly and honestly?

Are your other posts/statements/thoughts not meant "to be honest"?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 4:00 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Glork wrote:
Truly and honestly?

noted for comment later.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 5:13 pm

Post by Incognito »

Glork wrote:
Truly and honestly?

Everything I've mentioned within thread is meant "to be honest".
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 1:28 am

Post by Glork »

I see people use "tbh" with reasonable frequency (in fact, I probably use it more often than most), but it's usually tagged with a sentence, claim, or statement of opinion which goes against the norm or might be unexpected. It feels more out of place here, because I think I may be the only one harping on Patrick right now.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 3:03 am

Post by Incognito »

Not really. I tend to use "tbh" or "to be honest" pretty frequently even in general conversation outside of games. It's almost become a habit. In this case, I just wanted to mention that I haven't seen anything outside of the norm coming from Patrick thus far.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 5:05 am

Post by Mizzy »

WTB explanation for vote. PST.
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 5:35 am

Post by Patrick »

Mizzy, what do WTB and PST mean? Also, why aren't you looking for scum?
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 5:47 am

Post by Mizzy »

Patrick wrote:Mizzy, what do WTB and PST mean? Also, why aren't you looking for scum?
It's a WoW reference, don't worry about it if you don't get it, it's not worth explaining.

I am scumhunting, which is why I asked for a reason for a vote on me when none was offered. No one else seems to give a shit that we have a lot of that going on.
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 10:27 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Tarhalindur has been prodded.

MafiaSSK will be replaced unless he returns to the thread within 24 hours of this post.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 1:08 pm

Post by Incognito »

Mizzy wrote:WTB explanation for vote. PST.
I just don't see any form of scum hunting or productive contribution coming from you. You yourself mentioned previously that the random voting phase had ended quickly and that you were unvoting while watching the Ether/Glork thing going on but now that that has pretty much come to a lull, I still don't see much coming from your direction. Your previous post before these last two still seems like a joke post, which is fine and dandy since this is a game and all, but I would expect some more serious contribution by now. Obviously this also applies to a few others but you specifically mentioned that the joking stage had ended, but yet I still see nothing fairly serious in the form of suspicions or actual content from you. Also, you kinda missed Glork's previous question for you. Hence the vote.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Fun fact: I consciously stop myself from using the phrase "to be honest" when I'm playing mafia.

That said, it ain't no good as a tell. I know we're still in the early game, but that seemed like a really specious argument on Glork's part.

Unvote, Vote: Glork
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 4:49 pm

Post by Mizzy »

Incognito wrote:I just don't see any form of scum hunting or productive contribution coming from you. You yourself mentioned previously that the random voting phase had ended quickly and that you were unvoting while watching the Ether/Glork thing going on but now that that has pretty much come to a lull, I still don't see much coming from your direction. Your previous post before these last two still seems like a joke post, which is fine and dandy since this is a game and all, but I would expect some more serious contribution by now. Obviously this also applies to a few others but you specifically mentioned that the joking stage had ended, but yet I still see nothing fairly serious in the form of suspicions or actual content from you. Also, you kinda missed Glork's previous question for you. Hence the vote.
You're right, I didn't see a question. Glork, can you point it out?

My participation is not going to be up to my normal level because of my critter at home, just as a heads up. During the week for a while, Joud will be working and I will be caring for Gabe all day by myself. My main posting will be happening on weekends so I will do my best to keep up as much as I can during the week and catch up fully on weekends.

Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 4:54 pm

Post by Ether »

I understand Glork's FoS, I think. Meh.
Post 137, Mizzy wrote:No one else seems to give a shit that we have a lot of that going on.
What's your opinion of PokerFace?
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 5:51 pm

Post by Mizzy »

Ether wrote:What's your opinion of PokerFace?
I've got my eye on Poker for the moment, in part because of his #122. I can see having an exchange make you want a closer look but the whole jealousy conversation I think got taken way too far and I think it's more a distraction than scumhunting. I don't really think there's anything Glork could really have or know that would make Ether jealous and even if there was, I don't see that it would make either scum.

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 6:11 pm

Post by Glork »

Erg0 wrote:Fun fact: I consciously stop myself from using the phrase "to be honest" when I'm playing mafia.

That said, it ain't no good as a tell. I know we're still in the early game, but that seemed like a really specious argument on Glork's part.

Unvote, Vote: Glork
I'm really drunk.

Srsly, I promise I'm not scum.

Like I said, I generally type and read "tbh" when people say something against the norm. I felt like I was 'against the norm' by FoSing Patrick, so the "tbh" by Incog felt out of place. That doesn't mean I'm going to go OMGINCOG IS SCUM.

p sure you're reading way too much into nothing at all.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 6:45 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

/prodded; I honestly haven't had much to say up until now.

Since there seem to be outstanding questions...
Erg0 wrote:I assume you mean my post 68, in which case you apparently forgot to read the last paragraph.
Actually, that last paragraph was the scummiest - the first sentence is mafia theory (IIoA), and the second sentence looks like a veiled attack on Glork (especially since it seems to be a bit of a non-sequitur). I could be misinterpreting you, however: could you please show how the comment about "early FoS'es on weak evidence" justifies your comment about Glork making you uneasy? (At the very least, give some post numbers.)
MafiaSSK wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:/prodded (stupid finals), time to try to get this game moving.

I find Erg0's post 68 and Ether's post 73 to be scummy. Ether's 73 reads to me as a veiled attack on Erg0 (by claiming to find something scummy using weak language and backtracking immediately thereafter). Erg0's 78, however, is worse - it looks to me like Erg0's mainly summarizing other peoples' posts and discussing theory without actually showing much personal insight. That looks like IIoA to me (Tar Standard Tell), and at this point in the game it's enough to earn my vote.
r[/b]
Why is discussing theory without showing person insight scummy?
Take a look at the Tarhalindur Standard Tells page. It has the explanation you seek.
Patrick wrote:<snipped for irrelevance>

I'm having less success finding a place to put a serious vote. Tarhalindur's post 75 strikes me as about a mile off, but having played with him before I'm not sure I could call that scummy (which sounds crazy yes). Still, Tarhalindur, I thought my post immediately following Erg0's said almost the exact same thing contentwise, how come that didn't even get a mention? I even remember you attacking me in Farscape Mafia for repeating what someone else said almost exactly in one post.

<snipped for irrelevance>
Farscape was ages ago, and an abject lesson in just how bad I was at scumhunting at the time. Your 69 did not set off alarm bells because you were explaining the reasons for your actions in that post; likewise, Erg0 either failed to explain his own reasoning in 68 or did so very poorly. In particular, the first post of Erg0's 68 is primarily summarizing another player's reasoning, which is classic IIoA.
scotmany12 wrote:I'd say I have a protown read from both glork and ether. I took ether's early attack on Glork as protown. It might just be mainly gut for Glork, but he hasn't done anything that has appeared scummy in my eye.
Mizzy wrote:Quick update on my thoughts: After looking back over the few posts Ether has made so far, I get a pro-town read of her. She's acting (so far) like I would expect an Ethertown to act. Granted, we're only on page 4. But I don't think that her stretching on Glork makes her scummy, yet.
Much like patrick, those first two qualifiers don't bother me. The last one does. Ether might eventually do something else that makes her scummy, but still, I would think that the stretching on Glork would still not be considered a scum tell. The yet is unnecessary and worries me.

I guess right now I have the biggest problem with Tarhalinder. His attack on ergo just is wrong. He attacks ergo for summarizing and not making any opinions.
Erg0 wrote:hasdgfas' FoS on Ether probably was too strong, but I don't really see it as scummy.
Glork wrote:Yes, hascow, because nobody has ever badgered anybody else into voting somebody. :roll:
This could equally be applied to early FoSes on weak evidence - they're not exactly uncommon. I'm not particularly fond of the way that you're goading hasdgfas and Incog on from the sidelines.
I see opinions there. Also, I would like his opinion on Roland, who summarized in this post
rolandgarros wrote:Okay I'm here, I just reread the topic and I think I have an okay understanding of what's gone on so far... Theres the random or not random vote thing with Glork and Ether, and something about Hascow suspecting Ether and a page or so on that issue. Is there something I missed in between? AP Exams are done for this week so I'd figure that I do some catching up.
Is he also scummy? Also, I disagree with his FoS on ether. BTW, what does IIoA stand for tar?

Unvote, Vote: Tarhalindur
While this is not especially incriminating by itself, it is the best lead I have at the moment.
1) IIoA is Information Instead of Analysis, one of the Tarhalindur Standard Tells (see sig). It is a scumtell because it is often a symptom of scum trying to participate without scumhunting. (To kill two birds with one stone - the Standard Tells are my big hints that someone's scum, and I use them extensively. Now care to ask questions about something other than theory, Erg0?)

2) I really hadn't noticed that Roland was in the game due to his inactivity - he's been very under my radar. That probably needs to change - the post you just quoted looks like IIoA to me, which, given the game state, is enough to place him on my scumdar. I'll want to see what his replacement (presumably Farside) has to say before I act on this, though.

I'll need a quick reread before I decide where to put my vote. (Despite my appreciation for bandwagons, I don't really see the PokerFace bandwagon - his early requests for comments from other players looks town to me, and his explanation looks more like misguided town than scum.)
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 7:54 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Actually, that last paragraph was the scummiest - the first sentence is mafia theory (IIoA), and the second sentence looks like a veiled attack on Glork (especially since it seems to be a bit of a non-sequitur). I could be misinterpreting you, however: could you please show how the comment about "early FoS'es on weak evidence" justifies your comment about Glork making you uneasy? (At the very least, give some post numbers.)
The hint is the quote above it, where Glork implies that hasgfas' FoS was unfounded because Ether was doing something that was not uncommon in mafia. I was making the counterpoint that what hasdgfas did was also not uncommon in mafia, and therefore the same could be applied to Glork's own statement. Thus, his statement was not especially applicable to the situation, and really only served to superficially discredit another's susupicions.

If you find summaries of others' positions scummy then you'll probably have your vote on me all game. I'll often do this in order to clarify opposing positions, but I only usually catch flak for it in newbie games these days. My question regarding your reliance on your tells is not theory - far from it, in fact. I'm not particularly interested in arguing the merits of the tells themselves, but I think that by standardising and documenting them you're placing yourself under a great deal of pressure to always follow them. Knowing that you'll play this way is instructive when looking both at your play and that of others.

Glork: that was
so
not the response I was expecting.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 1:07 am

Post by Glork »

Hm. What
was
the response you were expecting?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 1:12 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Okay then quick response to everything.
I find Ergo,Mizzy,Glork,Patrick to be protown. The rest I'm curious about especially Incognito.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 2:58 am

Post by Patrick »

Glork wrote:p sure you're reading way too much into nothing at all.
This kind of nitpicking seems unlike you. I thought I recalled you putting in a word about this in Tree Stump Mafia, and here it is:
Glork, Tree Stump Mafia wrote:--Random note regarding "TBH" and "honestly": I've noticed in my own play that I tend to say it when expressing a thought or feeling that might seem counterintuitive (or one that clashes with the general consensus). I remember in Stark's Higher Maths that mith pointed out me using "honestly" and noting it as a tell... we were both town in that game. So I guess what I'm saying is that I can respect mith's opinion and understand it to be standard for him, but that I don't agree with it in the least.--
This isn't really a contradiction, but the difference you're pointing to here seems pretty negligable. If you're "intuition" is that I'm FoS worthy, he's declaring something that might seem counterintuitive; that he thinks I'm not. I don't think the fact that only you're harping it makes a difference, I just see it as expressing his disagreement.

Tarhalindur, which post from Pokerface are you getting a town vibe from? You said it's one where he makes requests for comments, but I seem to be missing the part where he did that.

Pokerface, have you got any response to all of this? It seems like you've posting around the site and avoiding this game these past few days.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”