Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 5:50 am

Post by Glork »

Incog wrote:I thought he was trying to use things people were saying within thread to formulate his reads on people and not actually goad from the sidelines.
The thing is, that comment wasn't "goading from the sidelines" either. I was genuinely interested to see Has's response, because the inconsistency he displayed may belie malicious intent.

If I had said "Hmm, Incognito makes an interesting point. I'd like to hear what hasdgfas has to say about this alleged inconsistency" would I be "goading from the sidelines then? I think you're mistaking presentation for intent. I don't always speak my mind, but the gears are constantly cranking inside. Well, xcept in really, really, really, REALLY boring games. But this isn't one of them.

In other news:
Something about Patrick seems very slightly off, but I can't place my finger on what that is. Let it suffice to say the vote will stand, and I'll keep an eye on him. One reason might be the fact that he hasn't mentioned scot even once, and just asked for content from SSK and PokerFace.
Roland seems protown.
Ether is 99% protown.
Need user input from: scotmany12 (see above)
Erg0 seems closer to Final Stand than Methodical, which is a good sign.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 6:32 am

Post by Patrick »

Glork wrote:One reason might be the fact that he hasn't mentioned scot even once, and just asked for content from SSK and PokerFace.
Shrug, I just went with prodding the two people who's opinions I felt like I knew the least about. You're right that scot needs to do more as well.

The goading from the sidelines feeling came more from the post after hasdgfas's response than the one before, in my opinion.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 6:35 am

Post by Glork »

You mean the "badgering into voting" post?

I was merely debunking his point there. Need I count the number of times I have told X to vote Y for no reason?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 7:00 am

Post by Patrick »

Glork wrote:You mean the "badgering into voting" post?

I was merely debunking his point there. Need I count the number of times I have told X to vote Y for no reason?
The reason I intepretted it that way was because your post seemed to encourage suspicion of him without taking a position yourself; I could have seen you going either way after saying that, which was why I asked for your opinion on what he'd written. I've since more or less lost interest in that, because I looked at open 54 again and saw you do something similar in addressing Andycyca (complete with rolleyes), and your play here in general seems similar to there.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 9:35 am

Post by Incognito »

Glork wrote:If I had said "Hmm, Incognito makes an interesting point. I'd like to hear what hasdgfas has to say about this alleged inconsistency" would I be "goading from the sidelines then? I think you're mistaking presentation for intent.
You're probably right about that. I think if you had layed it out as clearly as you did above or the way you did in your response to my question, your thoughts about the situation and your true intention behind the post would have been more clear to me. That makes more sense now.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 10:31 am

Post by scotmany12 »

I'd say I have a protown read from both glork and ether. I took ether's early attack on Glork as protown. It might just be mainly gut for Glork, but he hasn't done anything that has appeared scummy in my eye.
Mizzy wrote:Quick update on my thoughts: After looking back over the few posts Ether has made so far, I get a pro-town read of her. She's acting (so far) like I would expect an Ethertown to act. Granted, we're only on page 4. But I don't think that her stretching on Glork makes her scummy, yet.
Much like patrick, those first two qualifiers don't bother me. The last one does. Ether might eventually do something else that makes her scummy, but still, I would think that the stretching on Glork would still not be considered a scum tell. The yet is unnecessary and worries me.

I guess right now I have the biggest problem with Tarhalinder. His attack on ergo just is wrong. He attacks ergo for summarizing and not making any opinions.
Erg0 wrote:hasdgfas' FoS on Ether probably was too strong, but I don't really see it as scummy.
Glork wrote:Yes, hascow, because nobody has ever badgered anybody else into voting somebody. :roll:
This could equally be applied to early FoSes on weak evidence - they're not exactly uncommon. I'm not particularly fond of the way that you're goading hasdgfas and Incog on from the sidelines.
I see opinions there. Also, I would like his opinion on Roland, who summarized in this post
rolandgarros wrote:Okay I'm here, I just reread the topic and I think I have an okay understanding of what's gone on so far... Theres the random or not random vote thing with Glork and Ether, and something about Hascow suspecting Ether and a page or so on that issue. Is there something I missed in between? AP Exams are done for this week so I'd figure that I do some catching up.
Is he also scummy? Also, I disagree with his FoS on ether. BTW, what does IIoA stand for tar?

Unvote, Vote: Tarhalindur
While this is not especially incriminating by itself, it is the best lead I have at the moment.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 11:27 am

Post by PokerFace »

Unvote

PokerFace wrote:Cool beans OGML
Mizzy wrote:I don't see what Ether was getting at. O.o
Yay I was confused a bit too. I barely manage to see any validity in Ether's comments about Glork. ...
I said this earlier because I got a wierd vibe from the earlier exchange that Glork knew Ether's alignment, but now I think he was more so jesting around with the hot dancer statement.

In general alot of the votes made during this game's random vote stage weren't entirly random. And they weren't really made because the person getting voted was seriously scummy. But Ether's vote was more serious than the others so I understand why hascow considered them differently. Nothing really pinging my scumdar at the moment.

Something else I want to bring up, Glork recently said this
Glork wrote:In other news:
Something about Patrick seems very slightly off, but I can't place my finger on what that is. Let it suffice to say the vote will stand, and I'll keep an eye on him. One reason might be the fact that he hasn't mentioned scot even once, and just asked for content from SSK and PokerFace.
either I am reading that wrong or something, because it seems to imply that his vote on Patrick will stand when Glork just recently...
Glork wrote:Early Protown Indicators: Erg0, Ether, Glork, Mizzy

Unvote, Vote: PokerFace
randomly jumped onto me. I don't really see anything scummy from Patrick, myself atm.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 1:12 pm

Post by Glork »

Yeah, I forgot that I moved my vote.

Meh. Whatevs.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 5:59 am

Post by Ether »

Patrick feels natural to me.

SSK feels sinister. Also, he needs a prod.
Post 106, PF wrote:I said this earlier because I got a wierd vibe from the earlier exchange that Glork knew Ether's alignment,
Hold it. You didn't think
that
was worth mentioning earlier?
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 6:19 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

MafiaSSK, hasdgfas and rolandgarros have been prodded
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 12:54 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Glork wrote: Roland seems protown.
I'm not understanding how you can see this. I haven't seen roland really make any comments on anything this whole game.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 2:59 pm

Post by Incognito »

OhGodMyLife wrote:
MafiaSSK, hasdgfas and rolandgarros have been prodded
SSK should probably just be replaced. The kid doesn't post unless he's prodded.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 4:23 pm

Post by Glork »

hasdgfas wrote:
Glork wrote: Roland seems protown.
I'm not understanding how you can see this. I haven't seen roland really make any comments on anything this whole game.
Quality over quantity, baby.

Also, he used the word "rudimentary."
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 5:56 pm

Post by Mizzy »

Glork wrote:Also, he used the word "rudimentary."
If I use the word "hebetudinous" to describe your brain when you made the correlation between big words and pro-town, does that make me pro-town, too?

That's hypothetical, by the way...I would never say such things! :wink:
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 3:27 am

Post by Glork »

Mizzy wrote:If I use the word "hebetudinous" to describe your brain when you made the correlation between big words and pro-town, does that make me pro-town, too?
You're welcome to try.

Now, what do you think of some of the other players 'round here?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 4:22 am

Post by Patrick »

Glork wrote:Quality over quantity, baby.

Also, he used the word "rudimentary."
You claimed not to like Mizzy's qualifiers, but you've labelled roland protown after he made a post that he twice qualified with "this is only rudimentary". What's the difference? I think what little he's posted sounds kind of genuine, and it's like he feels a little overawed at what might be his first mini game, but that's hardly something that could only affect town.

Mod
: Did MafiaSSK pick up his second prod? I've definitely seen him online.

Incognito, what's your current vote based on?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 4:24 am

Post by Glork »

It's actually the fact that even though he said nobody really stood out to him, he still weighed in on the most relevant three individuals at the time, asserting that they are all protown. Experience tells me that a scumbag would've latched onto one of these three, or they would've left it at "nobody really stands out to me."
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 7:58 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Apologies to hasdgfas, who clearly indicated in his sig that he was V/LA and should not have been prodded.

MafiaSSK has picked up his prod.

rolandgarros has requested replacement, due to his AP exams. farside22 believes she will have a mini game slot open by May 15th (three days from now), and as she was originally supposed to be pre-/in for this game I will wait for her rather than seek a more expedient replacement.

4th vote count
Erg0 - 2 (MafiaSSK, Tarhalindur)
PokerFace - 2 (hasdgfas, Glork)
Glork - 2 (Ether, Incognito)
MafiaSSK - 1 (Erg0)
Tarhalindur - 1 (scotmany12)

Not Voting - 4 (rolandgarros, Mizzy, Patrick, PokerFace)

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Current deadline: May 26th, 1:00 PM EST
Last edited by OhGodMyLife on Mon May 12, 2008 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 8:03 am

Post by Patrick »

Glork's reasoning makes sense.

Mod, I unvoted Ether on the last page.

Fixed. -OGML
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 11:20 am

Post by Erg0 »

Sorry for my absence, unexpected LA arose. Will catch up later today.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 12:46 pm

Post by Incognito »

Patrick wrote:Incognito, what's your current vote based on?
Honestly, not much. I thought Glork's response and explanation after my vote was reasonable. If I had a better place to put my vote right now, I'd place it there but since Glork isn't in any immediate danger, I'll leave it for the sake of having a vote.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 12:50 pm

Post by Ether »

unvote; vote: PokerFace
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 3:58 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Ether wrote:Patrick feels natural to me.

SSK feels sinister. Also, he needs a prod.
Post 106, PF wrote:I said this earlier because I got a wierd vibe from the earlier exchange that Glork knew Ether's alignment,
Hold it. You didn't think
that
was worth mentioning earlier?
I didn't bring it up earlier because I have been rather busy and I wanted to take a second look at Glork's comments.
PokerFace wrote:Cool beans OGML
Mizzy wrote:I don't see what Ether was getting at. O.o
Yay I was confused a bit too. I barely manage to see any validity in Ether's comments about Glork.

I'll comment more on other peoples votes and stuff late wednesday or thursday if i am not too busy.
I admit that it would have been more significant to mention the vibe here, but I rather dislike trusting a vibe or a gut instinct. I prefer to vote and trust more solid cases. I believe I intially got the vibe from this statement:
Glork wrote:
Ether wrote:My vote wasn't random.

Just saying.
Arbitrary, random... same thing.

You're just jealous of my incredible hotness.
Because he suggested that you could be jealous I got the impression he knew a reason why you would be jealous. Knowing a reason why you would be jealous would imply he knew something about you; like alignment for example. But in reading over it again I believe recieveing that vibe was something to this equivalent:
Glork wrote:I do "what you were getting at," but I think you're confusing some harmless pre-game banter for fishing and subsequently making a DD out of an A.
I was looking to far into his joking around.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Ok, caught up.

Tarhalindur: to what extent do you rely on the "Tarhalindur standard tells" that you link to in your sig? Others are welcome to comment on this from their own experience.

Glork: the difference between the two possible versions of your "Point: Incognito" post is tone. What you posted reads to me as being closer to "whatcha gonna say to that, hasdgfas" than "I would be interested to hear hasdgfas' response", hence my calling it goading.

Meh. I think I'm thinking too hard. This goes into the "for later reference" bin.

There are a bunch of people flying right under my radar right now. SSK can keep my vote for now as encouragement to post something useful, I think.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 5:03 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

scotmany12 wrote:BTW, what does IIoA stand for tar?
Ok, I looked this up after ergo said your tells were linked in your sig. I still disagree with your vote on ergo though

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”