Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:14 pm

Post by Tigris »

I'm tired, so brief (for me). My list yesterday gave who killed said person if it was obvious, and if not then the kill method. That's why Corsato (spider), sorry for any confusion. That said, I am fairly sure that IS was innocent and so I don't really expect any fewer kills due to his death.

Seconds the desire for replacements ^_^
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:00 pm

Post by Jaylen »

Yaw wrote: Yeah, I've been reaching that conclusion myself. It's the reason I haven't been pushing for mass roleclaims or anything like that. I'm afraid it will break the game, and I'd prefer to win through my scum-catching skills than because there aren't any safe scum claims. That's my sense of fair play, I guess.
I totally disagree with this - if (and it is indeed looking as if this is the case) this game has been designed badly then let's get it over with and move on to other games.

From what I've seen, we have a huge bunch of Dwarves in this game, initially 13 or so, and out of that, hardly any have died at all.

If the remaining dwarves come forth, then it could make the town's job a whole lot easier, and hasten the end of this game, as opposed to dragging it out for the next few
months
[i/]
"Marijuana inflames the erotic impulses and leads to revolting sex crimes" Daily Mirror (1924)
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:15 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

I'd go with Yaw on the mass roleclaim idea. I'd rather play mafia than take the easy way out. Plus, it's not like being in this game excludes us from participating in other games.

Anyway, I'm still going with MMCL as a possible goblin for the reasons I listed earlier. I also would agree with Yaw that Tigris might be a spider. Yesterday, she raised the possiblility that "Murk did not block someone on the first night," which could be construed as a defense of Murk/Argoti. Also (though this is admittedly a weak reason, since it comes down to a WIFOM argument), IS died last night and early during the last day, IS gave one oh his no reason votes for Tigris.

Anyway, I'll just throw out a
vote: MMCL
because I think the evidence against Tigris is a bit weak.
[size=75][i]"The owl of Minerva takes flight only when the shades of night are falling."[/i]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Yggdrasil]curriculum vitae[/url][/size]
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:57 am

Post by Jaylen »

WIFOM ?
"Marijuana inflames the erotic impulses and leads to revolting sex crimes" Daily Mirror (1924)
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:05 am

Post by Yaw »

Wine In Front Of Me. From
The Princess Bride
. For the full effect, read the script here -- the scene's about a third of the way down, between "Vizzini" and "Man In Black". (Thanks again for that link MMCL! :D)
Success breeds suspicion
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:49 am

Post by CoolBot »

I still think we have some scum in the actives of Night 3/Day 3. There really was no reason that the town just gave up looking at the actives, except that scum directed the town. I'm still rather suspcious of Yaw for the part he played there. Incidently, MMCL & PeaceBringer also contributed to this.
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:51 am

Post by Yggdrasil »

Here's the link for WIFOM in the Scum Wiki:

http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.p ... nFrontOfMe

Basically it comes down to, did the spiders kill IS to protect Tigris, or is that what they want us to think?
[size=75][i]"The owl of Minerva takes flight only when the shades of night are falling."[/i]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Yggdrasil]curriculum vitae[/url][/size]
MMCL
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:42 am

Post by MMCL »

I suppose the only defense I can put up is that I have been unavailable a lot recently. Trips abroad -with work- and such have meant my time here has been quite limited. In a lot of cases I have just been following what everyone else has done... and yes, that is my fault.

As proof of this - you will see my participation level in all my games has decreased -Babylon5 mafia is still yet to start ( :( ), and the conservative nature you describe, is a result of my absences. Without firm understanding of things I haven't been able to commit myself to going on the offensive and have relied on quick reads and asking questions.

I will try to keep up and participate more.
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:23 am

Post by Jaylen »

Yggdrasil - wow, this ScumWiki is great reading, thanks! :)

On a game related note, there is a good chance I'll be away for the next 3 days; I'll try to get access to read the game here, but I doubt I'll be able to.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:51 am

Post by the silent speaker »

I've come to a small conclusion.
Vote: Gaspode
for two reasons: 1. He asked to be replaced a month ago, and hasn't been. That means, at best, he's dragging down the game by sheer dead weight, and we're better off without him. 2. He's the only living jediknight voter who didn't also vote for Argoti except for Tigris, and thus a better-than-most spider candidate. (My read on Tigris is that he's not scum, so I picked Gaspode for the vote, but I will be keeping an eye on Tigris too.)

It also looks to me like there's something going on between Yggdrasil and Yaw, but since Yaw has voted for one of every scum group we've got, I'll settle for a
FOS: Yggdrasil
for now.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:57 pm

Post by Yaw »

Yeah, I know this is going to look weird, but it's a different situation than earlier.

I don't think we can lurker hunt right now, unless we know we're hitting scum. The situation now is 7 to lynch, with 4 lurkers. We have, most likely, 4 scum out there, at least 2 of which are definitely active. I don't think we can bet on night kills catching scum, or doc-protected roles to help us. If we go after a lurker and it turns out to be a town role, we will quickly put ourselves into a situation where the sheer weight of the lurkers is enough for the scum to dictate our lynches. So far we've swept the board. We've done too well at catching scum to let ourselves get into an unwinnable situation like that.

Yes, I know I lurker-hunted earlier. But that was two days ago, with 7 more players alive, and enough evidence to
know
there were scum among the lurkers. Neither of those cases apply any more.

All this is to say that I would support a vote on a current lurker based on evidence like TSS's reason 2. Dead weight is no longer sufficient reason for lurker hunting, and I am afraid lynching lurkers for that reason could cost us the game. (And you'll note that I have never in this game advocated lynching due to "dead weight".)

In addition, Uraj and FD have yet to check in today. :? Since it's only 7 to lynch, we're screwed until they show up and some replacements get here anyway.
Success breeds suspicion
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:09 am

Post by mikehart »

fixed page one and posted for new replacements
V/LA every weekend for awhile.

I officially owe Maruchan.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:19 am

Post by Talitha »

REplacement for Gaspode reporting for duty.
I'm currently reading the thread so I can hopefully make some sort of intelligent contribution.
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:12 am

Post by Tigris »

Any post I make at this point will likely be seen as either defensive or trying to skip the issue. One thing I will note though is I thought that wargs would have been much more likely than spiders to be in this game (if for no other reason then the Battle of 5 Races), but meh ^_^

At this point I can share some information I have. I am a dwarf and IS was innocent, the manner in which I know that comes from my still being alive, so I am not making a cop claim, my role is considerably different.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:40 am

Post by Yaw »

Well, there are enough replacements signed up now, so hopefully we can get them all subbed in soon and this game back up to speed...
Success breeds suspicion
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:39 pm

Post by Jaylen »

I'm back, and happy to wait for Talitha to catch up on the thread.

Welcome, Talitha :)
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:24 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

I'm back, but I have no time for a reread right now (Reading up last week in all my games is taking a few hours already.....), so I suppose I just wait for either Talitha or more time.
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:21 pm

Post by mikehart »

All who needed to be replaced have been. read front post to see who replaced who.
V/LA every weekend for awhile.

I officially owe Maruchan.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:24 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

Many apologies for my absence. I'm here now. Don;t really know what to do though other than wait for Talitha to say something.
Tacitus velut nox. Vigilans velut umbra.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:03 pm

Post by Talitha »

Thanks for the welcome. I've finally caught up with everything I think, and I see we're at a bit of a standstill.

It interests me that TSS is voting for Gaspode(me) because there was no vote for Argoti. Did he really expect Gaspode would reappear after asking for replacement to put a vote on someone? I didn't make notes but I felt that some of his posts as I was reading through were a bit dodgy too. So he's on my 'to watch' list.

Having said that -
vote: uraj
- He seems to be playing a classic lurking game, and could've quite easily have been away over the no-kill night.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:03 pm

Post by Yaw »

Another run through, this time focusing exclusively on day 1. Yeah, I know about the spiders, but with the info that's actually in thread we're far more likely to catch goblins, so I'm gunning for them.

My top three Goblin candidates, in no particular order:

MMCL -- Mostly for his hedging between IS and jediknight before voting. I'll admit this is the weakest of the three.

TSS -- Voted for jediknight while FOSing IS (who was innocent) in the same post. Then the next day states that he doesn't find IS horribly scummy. Also, voted for jediknight post-claim, which leads me to think he was giving jediknight as much of a chance as possible to get out of the lynch before lowering the boom.

Lord Gurgi (now Quagmire) -- Never did vote for jediknight, despite clearly stating he didn't believe the claim. Didn't even express an intent to vote for jediknight in this circumstance. Went so far as to ask if others were going to vote or unvote with respect to the jedi-wagon.

I'll also admit that there's a good possibility that some of the day 1 lurkers are Goblins, and I just can't read them due to the lack of posting. I've mentioned some of them previously today.

I won't vote yet, as I want to see input from others. It almost feels like day 1 again, and I'm not as sure about scum as I'd like to be. If I had to vote now, it would go to Quagmire or TSS.
Success breeds suspicion
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:20 pm

Post by Quagmire »

I'm here, it's just that it's 12:15 in the morning and I spent all day reffing soccer and playing tackle football and I'm too tired to post/move. I'll post in the morning or something considering my thoughts. I'm too lazy to read the thread, though.
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:48 am

Post by AndrewS »

Sorry, just got back from camp. I'm here....I'll be back later, after reading over the thread.
"I hear that random.org punches babies." - Thesp
MMCL
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:17 am

Post by MMCL »

Im currently torn between TSS and Uraj...
Vote: Uraj
- can we have a votecount please Mr Mod?
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:54 pm

Post by willows_weep »

Ok. Just in.
Gee I should have checked how many pages in this was...
Lol be back sometime tonight for updating

Hi All
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

Forum rules and guidelines (letter and spirit folks)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14372

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”